ADVERTISEMENT

Dems Lead Early Voting

The popular vote should and does matter. The idea of the electoral college goes back to the original idea of the Presidential election, which is that the states vote for their senators and representatives, and they vote for president. But then it was decided that they didn't want congress voting in the president, so they changed it to a different group, but has the same number of voters, by state.

Back then, the popular vote was largely a myth. You had to be a land owning male to vote. Only 6% of Americans were eligible to vote when George Washington was elected. But we have since embraced the idea that everyone should have the right to vote, and that change is based in the fundamental belief that all people are created equal. This is also why there has been a movement in many states to allow felons who have completed their time to be allowed to vote again. Because voting is a fundamental American right.

So if this is the case, as every American has an equal right to vote, doesn't it make sense that everyone's vote should count the same? But with the electoral college, they do not. It was never changed, however, not because it was "better", but because the popular vote and the electoral college always went the same way, at least since 1888, and in every election where women and minorities had the right to vote, which was a result of the movement toward universal suffrage. As long as the winner of the popular vote won the electoral college, it didn't matter, it was still the will of the people, regardless of what that outmoded relic said. But that all changed in 2000, and now we see that it could happen regularly. Since now we have twice had the election stolen from the people, the time has come to end it, before it can happen again.
Yeah I know the history. Still failed to see your point why you care about the popular vote because it still doesn’t matter in our current election system. The president is decided by the states electoral college in the states have decided to make that decided by the state vote. That’s all that matters the state vote state by state.

you don’t even understand the basic construct of the Constitution. He’s President of the United States, not President of the People of the United States. It’s a states right to elect those to choose the Executive of the Federation.

The states just happen to do so democratically through an election. I can go further into the states rights and balance of weight between states, but of course you won’t care because you standing upon your ignorant point is more important than your comprehension
This @LizardGrad89

Reactions: gatordad3
That would be a shocking development. You are an outlier.

So, you are going to trumpet the idea that Trump is a "job creator", and everybody is working under Trump, but Democrats, who make up half the country, don't have jobs? Logic is not your friend.

Yeah I know the history. Still failed to see your point why you care about the popular vote because it still doesn’t matter in our current election system. The president is decided by the states electoral college in the states have decided to make that decided by the state vote. That’s all that matters the state vote state by state.

It matters in and of itself, and because it matters, we need to change the current system. How will you get people to change the current system if you make no effort to explain why it should be changed?

you don’t even understand the basic construct of the Constitution. He’s President of the United States, not President of the People of the United States. It’s a states right to elect those to choose the Executive of the Federation.

The states just happen to do so democratically through an election. I can go further into the states rights and balance of weight between states, but of course you won’t care because you standing upon your ignorant point is more important than your comprehension

You are exactly correct, and have explained exactly why it needs to be changed.

Oh, and why states rights is an outmoded concept as well.

Last edited:

As i see it the Democrat philosophy is, if you can't win by the rules then change the rules. Not only that if you can't change the rules then cheat. One more sleazy democrat principle is that no one is above the law except for Democrats. This is exactly why I am proud to be a Republican and is also why many Democrats are walking away.

It matters in and of itself, and because it matters, we need to change the current system. How will you get people to change the current system if you make no effort to explain why it should be changed?

I don’t think it should be changed so what should I explain? Shouldn’t you explain since you’re the one that wants to change it?

If you change the current system the president will be elected by the combined vote of 10 cities. How are you gonna be the President of the United States?

You realize we are a confederation of states right? If you have a president by popular vote then 40 of the states would have no representation at the presidency and the remaining states Would have representation by only its major cities.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. I think Biden will lose both the popular vote and the electoral college.
I don't think PDT wins both because millions of votes are from the Coasts (East/West). But I do believe Trump will win most of the states and the Electoral College which is all that matters.

So, you are going to trumpet the idea that Trump is a "job creator", and everybody is working under Trump, but Democrats, who make up half the country, don't have jobs? Logic is not your friend.

LOL, yours is the party of entitlements. Would you even bother arguing otherwise? Some in your party want to pay Americans, especially young Americans, an allowance FFS.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

All of this is true if we want the entire country ruled by the whims of the larger population centers. There's a reason the framers disagreed...and no, that is not an outmoded concept.

As i see it the Democrat philosophy is, if you can't win by the rules then change the rules. Not only that if you can't change the rules then cheat. One more sleazy democrat principle is that no one is above the law except for Democrats. This is exactly why I am proud to be a Republican and is also why many Democrats are walking away.
Note that the problem with the Democrat party is not with the corruption they represent. We have had corruption before and we will survive it. Washington D.C. is full of corruption. The real scary concerns with the Democrat Party is the aim/goal of the money behind the Democrats. The money behind the Democratic Party, well they are Billionaires. They don't really care about social justice, they don't care about our suffering with this "Covid Virus". These are just issues to be used to enhance their own power and wealth. Democrats don't just "walk away" run..

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

The Popular Vote doesn't matter whatsoever to electing the President. Not at all. The current system has worked fine for 250 years.

Maybe instead of trying to cheat the system, dems should try nominating better candidates. But cheating comes easier to the left, so here we are.

Liberals want to change the rules for any game they can't win.

They want to do away with the Electoral College in 2000, 2004 and 2016. It worked fine they think in 2008 and 2012.

They want to pack the court, because they lost a couple of seats on the SC.

They want to change the Constitution because they can't stand that their opponents have things like FREE SPEECH and the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

The liberals are that bratty kid that screams in the middle of the toy isle till mommy agrees to buy him a toy just to shut him up.

Trump is daddy that takes the brat over his knee and tans that ass. And @LizardGrad89 get ready for 4 more years of it.

Minimum.

Note that the problem with the Democrat party is not with the corruption they represent. We have had corruption before and we will survive it. Washington D.C. is full of corruption. The real scary concerns with the Democrat Party is the aim/goal of the money behind the Democrats. The money behind the Democratic Party, well they are Billionaires. They don't really care about social justice, they don't care about our suffering with this "Covid Virus". These are just issues to be used to enhance their own power and wealth. Democrats don't just "walk away" run..

Replace Democrat with Republican, you are spot on.

Replace Democrat with Republican, you are spot on.
Have you heard of George Soros? He is an extremely wealthy Billionaire and has financed many Democratic campaigns around this country. Yet reliable sources tell us that George Soros hates our country and our way of life. The wealthy Tech Giants of Silicon Valley are throwing huge amounts of cash into our politics for the Democrats. These folks don't care about middle class America they care about protecting their "cash cow", China . If you don't have a problem with any of this, then I suspect you are sucking from the same money trough.

Me too, but no idea if it will happen. All these polls, lol. Just like in 2016 makes me think Dems win............but then.
I know, I'm really worried too but I think from reading some trends that Fla is going to go Trump. I read now that trump is down in Michigan but I read yesterday that he was looking good. On a sise from the presidency, they have a Repub running for Senator in Mich who is goona be future star. I hoping Mich will elect him.

I know, I'm really worried too but I think from reading some trends that Fla is going to go Trump. I read now that trump is down in Michigan but I read yesterday that he was looking good. On a sise from the presidency, they have a Repub running for Senator in Mich who is goona be future star. I hoping Mich will elect him.
Recent polls aside from the ones today show James up in Michigan, one today from Zona showed McSally up over Kelly. I think Trump wins Florida easy, and Zona, Georgia, NC, Iowa. Needs to pick off Michigan, Pa, or Wisky

Recent polls aside from the ones today show James up in Michigan, one today from Zona showed McSally up over Kelly. I think Trump wins Florida easy, and Zona, Georgia, NC, Iowa. Needs to pick off Michigan, Pa, or Wisky
Yeah we got a chance. I'm quietly optimistic about Mich, but worried about cheating in Pa and the Unions in Whisky. I love Unions when they aren't forced upon you like we do here in Fla where we have the right to work but when unions are forced and all powerful they suck.

Yeah we got a chance. I'm quietly optimistic about Mich, but worried about cheating in Pa and the Unions in Whisky. I love Unions when they aren't forced upon you like we do here in Fla where we have the right to work but when unions are forced and all powerful they suck.
Honestly if you’re a union worker and you vote for Biden instead of Trump after the last 12 years then you’re an idiot.

No one is saying that it makes sense but...

I will say more from these closed shops will vote Republican but the majority will vote as they always have
Even tho some may vote Repub their Union dues are still going to the Democratic Party. By the way i truly hope that some or all vote with us. In regards to the Teachers how can they not be worried about where the Democrats are taking our country?

Reactions: BamaFan1137
No one is saying that it makes sense but...

I will say more from these closed shops will vote Republican but the majority will vote as they always have
I appreciate you and Doc, gator1776, responding to my post but I also realize that there are more important issues than Unions.
One issue that is on my mind, is the possibility of cheating in a state like Pennsylvania. I hope that a Trump win doesn't come down to winning Pa because I am concerned the Democrats have a "foolproof" Plan of cheating in play and the Mainstream Media along with paid off Judiciary will assist the Democrats to get away with it.

I appreciate you and Doc, gator1776, responding to my post but I also realize that there are more important issues than Unions.
One issue that is on my mind, is the possibility of cheating in a state like Pennsylvania. I hope that a Trump win doesn't come down to winning Pa because I am concerned the Democrats have a "foolproof" Plan of cheating in play and the Mainstream Media along with paid off Judiciary will assist the Democrats to get away with it.

I share your concerns.

Reactions: martycat1
I want to alert everybody of an important fact going into the final days of this election. The Democrats have a long history of cheating in elections and when or if they cheat, they will dis-enfranchise all of us.

I want to alert everybody of an important fact going into the final days of this election. The Democrats have a long history of cheating in elections and when or if they cheat, they will dis-enfranchise all of us.
Yeah but not much we can do about it. I just hope Trump amounts Such a huge lead in some of these states that it would be too much to overcome even with cheating.

Reactions: gatordad3
It won't. There aren't nowhere near enough @BSC911 and @Nolec out there to give Hiden anything close to the Popular Vote edge.

@Sunburnt Indian is right the average American IQ is low, but it ain't that damned low.
The U. S. average IQ is 98. Hong Kong and Singapore are tied at highest 107.

A little perspective: In March, the U. S. had virtually zero consumer products shortage. Store shelves were stripped clean of many consumer products.

In March, South Korea had virtually no consumer product shortages. South Korea saw virtually no consumer product shortages on store shelves. South Korea national average IQ is 106.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT