ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen Recruiting!!!!

Well, IF he can't recruit quality players, then he's the best football coach in D1 football at coaching up his 'low-quality' guys, that I've ever seen... o_O

NFL Players (Round Drafted)

In Dan's 'no recruiting' 9 years as the HC at MsSt

OT Martinas Rankin (3rd) – Mississippi State ’18 – Houston Texans
TE Jordan Thomas (6th) – Mississippi State ’18 – Houston Texans
LS Hunter Bradley (7th) – Mississippi State ’18 – Green Bay Packers
P Logan Cooke (7th) – Mississippi State ’18 – Jacksonville Jaguars
OT Justin Senior (6th) – Mississippi State ’17 – Seattle Seahawks
DE Chris Jones (2nd) – Mississippi State ’16 – Kansas City Chiefs
CB Will Redmond (3rd) – Mississippi State ’16 – San Francisco 49ers
QB Dak Prescott (4th) – Mississippi State ’16 – Dallas Cowboys
DE Preston Smith (2nd) – Mississippi State ’15 – Washington Redskins
LB Benardrick McKinney (2nd) – Mississippi State ’15 – Houston Texans
LB Matthew Wells (6th) – Mississippi State ’15 – New England Patriots
TE Malcolm Johnson (6th) – Mississippi State ’15 – Cleveland Johnson
RB Josh Robinson (6th) – Mississippi State ’15 – Indianapolis Colts
OG Gabe Jackson (3rd) – Mississippi State ’14 – Oakland Raiders
CB Darius Slay (2nd) – Mississippi State ’13 – Detroit Lions
CB Jonathan Banks (2nd) – Mississippi State ’13 – Tampa Bay Buc's
DT Josh Boyd (6th) – Mississippi State ’13 – Green Bay Packers
DT Fletcher Cox (1st) – Mississippi State ’12 – Philadelphia Eagles
RB Vick Ballard (5th) – Mississippi State ’12 – Indianapolis Colts
S Charles Mitchell (6th) – Mississippi State ’12 – Atlanta Falcons
OT Derek Sherrod (1st) – Mississippi State ’11 – Green Bay Packers
LB K.J. Wright (4th) – Mississippi State ’11 – Seattle Seahawks
DE Pernell McPhee (5th) – Mississippi State ’11 – Baltimore Ravens
LB Chris White (6th) – Mississippi State ’11 – Buffalo Bills
RB Anthony Dixon (6th) – Mississippi State ’10 – San Francisco 49ers
LB Jamar Chaney (7th) – Mississippi State ’10 – Philadelphia Eagles

=================

And in his 4 years as the OC at Florida: (offensive player-recruits only)

C Mike Pouncey (1st) – Florida ’11 – Miami Dolphins
OT Marcus Gilbert (2nd) – Florida ’11 – Pittsburgh Steelers
OT Maurice Hurt (7th) – Florida ’11 – Washington Redskins
C Maurkice Pouncey (1st) – Florida ’10 – Pittsburgh Steelers
QB Tim Tebow (1st) – Florida ’10 – Denver Broncos
WR Riley Cooper (5th) – Florida ’10 – Philadelphia Eagles
WR Percy Harvin (1st) – Florida ’09 – Minnesota Vikings
WR Louis Murphy (4th) – Florida ’09 – Oakland Raiders
TE Cornelius Ingram (5th) – Florida ’09 – Philadelphia Eagles
WR Andre Caldwell (3rd) – Florida ’08 – Cincinnati Bengals
WR Dallas Baker (7th) – Florida ’07 – Pittsburgh Steelers
RB DeShawn Wynn (7th) – Florida ’07 – Green Bay Packers
WR Chad Jackson (2nd) –Florida ’06 – New England Patrio

Plus 3 from Utah (including a 1st Rnd QB) and 1 more from Bowling Green.
===========

For an 'outsider's professional opinion:
ESPN College Football Analyst Kirk Herbstreit:
“Dan Mullen’s consistency and success in Starkville is a testament to his ability to evaluate talent, develop them, and put them in positions to win on Saturdays. This, along with his background in Gainesville with Championship teams, makes him a perfect fit for the Gators.”

Former Florida Defensive Lineman, Multiple NFL Pro Bowls & ESPN College Football Analyst Kevin Carter: “Dan Mullen is an excellent hire for the Gators. He will recruit both players and coaches well. His development of quarterbacks is as good as anyone in college football over the last 15 years. This is a solid move for the future of Florida Football.”

Former Florida QB & ESPN College Football Analyst Jesse Palmer:
“Having gotten to know Dan personally, and after covering him professionally I am confident that he is the right man for this job. His track record speaks for itself, as he’s been instrumental to UF’s past national championship pedigree and unprecedented success at Mississippi State. Dan is a natural leader who inspires his players to give their best both on and off the field. This is a great day for Gator Nation.”

1966 Heisman Trophy Winner & UAA Ambassador Steve Spurrier:
“The Gators are thrilled that Dan Mullen has accepted our offer to be the head coach at our University. With his background here with Urban Meyer and his success at Mississippi State, he is well prepared to turn the Gators back into a top-10 football program in the country. We all look forward to his arrival here in Gainesville and to welcome him back to Gator Nation.”

1996 Heisman Trophy Winner & Gator Great Danny Wuerffel:
“All of us Gators love to not only win games, but have fun along the way. I’m confident Dan Mullen will quickly get us back on track on both fronts.”

And from the ultimate Gator 'iNSIDER' that played for Dan: 2007 Heisman Trophy Winner & Gator Great Tim Tebow: “I love that Coach Mullen is someone who understands the culture of the University of Florida and has won two national championships here. Dan understands how to coach and mentor quarterbacks and build championship level expectations and deliver them both on and off the field. He will not only be a great coach for the players from an X’s and O’s standpoint, but as a mentor for all the young men in the program.”

But hey, anyone that wants to take the board whiners opinions on Dan instead, good luck with that... :D

And "Yet" he went 3-16 in top 25 v top 25 matchups with those players he recruited as a head coach.

And "Yet" he went 3-16 in top 25 v top 25 matchups with those players he recruited as a head coach.

You really sound like you need to replace your Saturday gear with some red & black stuff, and then start trying to lick your own nutts... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sorry to interrupt, but surely are you kidding about Mullen going 3-16 vs Top 25 ranked opponents in 9 seasons at Mississippi State, right??

From all the Propaganda, he was a coaching genius and would have easily owned the SECW were it not for Nick Satan, Instaloon says so.

Tennessee hired Lyle Jones from Cincinnati to take over after the disaster that Vince Dooley's kid, now the OC at Mizzu, left the program.

He was a great cheerleader but a horrible coach. He made Gerry Faust look brilliant by comparison.

After 5 seasons of some of the worst coaching in NCAA history, he was run off and as lousy as he was, his record vs the Top 25 was 6-19.

Last year, the team wanted Lyle gone and quit on him so the A/D would fire the incompetent boob and get an SEC worthy coach. ( AD did fire him but wasn't prepared to get an SEC worthy coach so he was fired. Then in a clean sweep, the University Chancellor who hired the incompetent AD who hired the incompetent coach was ALSO fired)

Lyle the Loser had a better record against the Big Dogs than Mullen Just wait until I tell Nail.

Last edited:

Gator Fever said Mullen's record vs top 25 teams was 3-18

This article says he is 6-30 but it doesn't take in account of the 2017 season in which he went 1-3

So if this was really his record, he is now 7 - 33 vs Top 25.
P-U.
But it did raise his winning % to .175

That won't move him very far. One would have to run the entire list but Franklin went 2-2 last season at Pervert -U so his winning % went up to .227

This article says he is 6-30 but it doesn't take in account of the 2017 season in which he went 1-3

P-U.

That won't move him very far. One would have to run the entire list but Franklin went 2-2 last season at Pervert -U so his winning % went up to .227

I thought you said Tennessee was one of CFB's "big dogs". Are you really comparing yourself to MISSISSIPPI STATE and saying it means something that you were SLIGHTLY better?

How about you concern yourself with a team that lost EVERY CONFERENCE GAME last year.

I thought you said Tennessee was one of CFB's "big dogs". Are you really comparing yourself to MISSISSIPPI STATE and saying it means something that you were SLIGHTLY better?

How about you concern yourself with a team that lost EVERY CONFERENCE GAME last year.

This was about TWO COACHES, not two teams. I know that your Mullet fell out and exposed your head to all those Cosmic Rays sent by Instalon's Spacemen, so I will show pity upon you and try to explain. And I promise to type slowly so you can keep up.

UT hasn't been anywhere the BIG DOGS for a decade so spare me your lies. The ONLY reference to BIG DOGS was in reference to Lyle the Looser, possibly the worst coach in D-1 football the last 5 seasons having a better record than the SOUPER DUPER GENIUS - 3* Dan Mullen AGAINST said BIG DOGS

Now, go play in traffic on I-95.

Reactions: _VolFan4675

P-U.

Using game time AP top 25 Mullen was 3 - 16 when both teams were in the top 25. He was 7 - 32 in all games against an AP top 25 ranked team.

Reactions: _VolFan4675
Lol and your head coaches nickname is Pork Chop

Remember that.
Haven't seen anywhere that Pruitt was called "Pork chop".

But I don't give a damn one way or the other what he is called so long as he can get the team fixed and competing for the SECE by 2020 at the latest. Next year would be better, but this year's recruiting class was destroyed by all the turmoil last fall so, he'll need at least two year's worth of his players to fit his offensive and defensive schemes.

This season is a lousy one to bring in an untried coach paired with players geared for a different defense and that stupid middle school offense of Lyle's. Hope that the players have been hitting the weights and doing their running this spring and summer. They're gonna need it

Reactions: nail1988
Haven't seen anywhere that Pruitt was called "Pork chop".

But I don't give a damn one way or the other what he is called so long as he can get the team fixed and competing for the SECE by 2020 at the latest. Next year would be better, but this year's recruiting class was destroyed by all the turmoil last fall so, he'll need at least two year's worth of his players to fit his offensive and defensive schemes.

This season is a lousy one to bring in an untried coach paired with players geared for a different defense and that stupid middle school offense of Lyle's. Hope that the players have been hitting the weights and doing their running this spring and summer. They're gonna need it

Well that's a fact.

I live 10 minutes away from where he grew up.

Everybody knows him as pork chop and how awful a point guard he was.

The threads deteriorated from Dan's excellent initial 2018 Recruiting class (14**** + 4 ***) 3.78 Ave, all the way down to the 'Pork Chop' at 0-8 SEC Loserville.... :cool:

And since NSD, Dan's added 5 xfers to his 2018 class.
WR Jefferson-4, WR Grimes-5, OT Banks-4, TE Krull -4, and a 240 Lb Juco ILB-3.
Plus PWO's - LS Ortiz a Rubio-5, and a QB-dt little/fast guy over-achiever Ath.
BTW - Recruiting service class rankings include none of them in their rankings... :rolleyes:

As the 2018 season plays out for the Gator's new coaching staff, the 1st indication of Dan's 2nd class will 'begin' on ESD in Dec, after the recruits have had a chance to see what he does on the field. Until then, the Fev and his rubber dollie trolls butt-buddies can have their 'yappin' season' -- 'Diss on Dan' field day... :confused:

ESPN - the most in-depth full evaluation of HS players has the early 2019 class at:
4 Top 300's - 8 ****, 3 ***'s. I had to use rivals for 2 that ESPN has not yet evaluated, but that's fine with me for now. I also realize that the recruits rating can and will change (up or down) between now and the end of their HS Sr seasons. o_O

And yes,
the sure mark of a rival troll or any Gator-hater, is their use of the worst reviews and/or ranking on any subject,,,:rolleyes: always. :cool:

This was about TWO COACHES, not two teams. I know that your Mullet fell out and exposed your head to all those Cosmic Rays sent by Instalon's Spacemen, so I will show pity upon you and try to explain. And I promise to type slowly so you can keep up.

UT hasn't been anywhere the BIG DOGS for a decade so spare me your lies. The ONLY reference to BIG DOGS was in reference to Lyle the Looser, possibly the worst coach in D-1 football the last 5 seasons having a better record than the SOUPER DUPER GENIUS - 3* Dan Mullen AGAINST said BIG DOGS

Now, go play in traffic on I-95.

Let me go slow so this will get through your thick skull to your pea brain.

You are comparing the coach at UT, a huge school which has probably the biggest recruiting budget in the country and has a six figure packed stadium 7-8 times a year, to the coach at MSU, the second smallest SEC school. This is a comparison of apples to oranges.

If you want to do a real comparison, then compare Mullen to former MSU coaches. That, at least, would be apples to apples.

Or heck, let's look at James Franklin. He was 1-8 (11.11%) vs the top 25 when he was at Vandy. Isn't that interesting?

Now STFU, your betters are talking.

You are comparing the coach at UT, a huge school which has probably the biggest recruiting budget in the country and has a six figure packed stadium 7-8 times a year, to the coach at MSU, the second smallest SEC school. This is a comparison of apples to oranges.

If you want to do a real comparison, then compare Mullen to former MSU coaches. That, at least, would be apples to apples.

Or heck, let's look at James Franklin. He was 1-8 (11.11%) vs the top 25 when he was at Vandy. Isn't that interesting?

Boom. Nailed it.

I wish I could find that thread that I did the decade-by-decade and coach-to-coach breakdown in the history of MSU football.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
MSU’s history doesn’t look much better than Vandy’s. Mullen at least brought some consistency to the program that they’d never seen. Jackie Sherrill and Dan Mullen have been the school’s only bright spots. Mullen only missed a bowl game once and during the SEC’s most dominating stretch.

Don't have any betters talking that live below Chattanooga.

You can try to make excuses all day long for Mullet and it won't change a thing Mr. Schmidt for brains. If you wish to bring up James Franklin to compare with 3* Dan, why you just go right on ahead and do it if that makes you feel good. I only mentioned him as his winning % and Mullen's were tied before last season. Franklin went 2-2 and moved ahead of Mullet who went 1-3.

However, the sorriest coach in the SEC and probably all of D-1 football over the last 5 seasons - Lyle the Loser had a better winning % against TOP 25 teams at 6-19( .240) than the Wunderkind 3* Dan Mullet had 7-33( .175) And you can carve that on a rock.

All the damned money blown on recruiting, the number of stars those recruits have or the team rankings by recruiting services won't do a school a bit of good if their coach can't coach when the game is on the line, has stupid offensive and defensive schemes and cannot develop the recruits who do commit. Year after year, their TRUE Freshman years were their BEST seasons. All across the board. The longer Lyle the Loser had them, the poorer their play became. All but Josh Dobbs. But his play was instinctive and ad libbed on the fly. Lyle was plain HORRIBLE. Mullet is supposed to be the next Rocky Knute

Now go piss on an electric fence. You will get a charge out of it.

Reactions: nail1988
Don't have any betters talking that live below Chattanooga.

You can try to make excuses all day long for Mullet and it won't change a thing Mr. Schmidt for brains. If you wish to bring up James Franklin to compare with 3* Dan, why you just go right on ahead and do it if that makes you feel good. I only mentioned him as his winning % and Mullen's were tied before last season. Franklin went 2-2 and moved ahead of Mullet who went 1-3.

However, the sorriest coach in the SEC and probably all of D-1 football over the last 5 seasons - Lyle the Loser had a better winning % against TOP 25 teams at 6-19( .240) than the Wunderkind 3* Dan Mullet had 7-33( .175) And you can carve that on a rock.

All the damned money blown on recruiting, the number of stars those recruits have or the team rankings by recruiting services won't do a school a bit of good if their coach can't coach when the game is on the line, has stupid offensive and defensive schemes and cannot develop the recruits who do commit. Year after year, their TRUE Freshman years were their BEST seasons. All across the board. The longer Lyle the Loser had them, the poorer their play became. All but Josh Dobbs. But his play was instinctive and ad libbed on the fly. Lyle was plain HORRIBLE. Mullet is supposed to be the next Rocky Knute

Now go piss on an electric fence. You will get a charge out of it.

Good God you are clueless.

Reactions: PacoGator19
MSU’s history doesn’t look much better than Vandy’s. Mullen at least brought some consistency to the program that they’d never seen. Jackie Sherrill and Dan Mullen have been the school’s only bright spots. Mullen only missed a bowl game once and during the SEC’s most dominating stretch.

And Jackie Sherrill had recruiting violations.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Lizzy and waco19 take the mouth-foamer masochist behind the woodpile,,, but then he likes it.
:D:D:p:D:D

See, nothing of any value to the board. Just more boring-azz dust bowl choker drivel,,, so typical of them... :confused:
-----

Anyone claiming that Dan can't recruit quality players might want to look at the Gator's offensive roster between 2005 and 2009. (don't look choker, it will only show you how truly moronic you are, and burst your has-beens big12-10 bubble) :cool:

Florida head coach Dan Mullen, that recruited Harvin to UF back when he was the OC under Urban Meyer, has invited the 30-year-old Harvin to UF’s football facilities to mentor current players. According to the SI article, Harvin also is back enrolled in classes at Florida to finish his degree in psychology.

There is some talk as to him maybe eventually becoming a Gator Asst. Coach under Mullen?

“He’s young enough that our players have seen him play; they’ve seen his success in the NFL,” Mullen told SI. “Hey, here’s the standard, I’ve done it and it helped me be successful.” -- Dan

There is more to coaching than being a mentor, and Harvin would need to prove his worth as a teacher and as a recruiter. But it certainly wouldn’t hurt to have a former icon like Harvin on staff, provided he remains on his current positive path.

PS --- Sorry, no statue. Too many negatives for that at this point, but who knows what the future might bring to him,,, IF he stays on his current path... o_O (iG)

http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/07/daily-football-fix-would-harvin-make-a-good-coach/

Last edited:
We’ll get a feel for where the class is headed after Friday Night Lights. We usually get a few commits during and after.

Using game time AP top 25 Mullen was 3 - 16 when both teams were in the top 25. He was 7 - 32 in all games against an AP top 25 ranked team.

You do realize this is a bad analysis, right? That not all top-25 teams are equal, right? That being in the SEC West is going to inherently bias their average "top 25" opponent to the high end of the rankings? That they were the underdog in virtually all of these games (a not insignificant number of which were against Bama)?

The record vs top 25 argument is beyond idiotic. James Franklin is a damn good coach and his record vs the top 25 is totally horrible, too. Amazing how coaching at Vandy, basically the SEC East's version of Mississippi State, can skew that record. Of course Mississippi State is going to lose the majority of their games against Alabama, LSU, and Auburn, whom they play almost every year. It doesn't matter who the coach is, you can't work miracles all the time.

You do realize this is a bad analysis, right? That not all top-25 teams are equal, right? That being in the SEC West is going to inherently bias their average "top 25" opponent to the high end of the rankings? That they were the underdog in virtually all of these games (a not insignificant number of which were against Bama)?

How about this for an analysis:

Mullen somehow managed to go an even more pathetic 3 - 34 against the top 25 when the final AP top 25 rankings are used and not 7 - 32 like the game time AP top 25 rankings.

Mullen also has 6 losses when his team was currently in the top 25 and ranked higher than their opponent.

Last edited:
We’ll get a feel for where the class is headed after Friday Night Lights. We usually get a few commits during and after.

If he lands 4 or more blue chippers right after FNL I will back off the ledge a little bit and see what happens in the next few weeks after that. I see another California kid committed elsewhere yesterday.

Mullen somehow managed to go an even more pathetic 3 - 34 against the top 25 when the final AP top 25 rankings are used and not 7 - 32 like the game time AP top 25 rankings.

Mullen also has 6 losses when his team was currently in the top 25 and ranked higher than their opponent.

Literally just making the same argument.

The man hasn't even coached one game for us. Get a grip.

If he lands 4 or more blue chippers right after FNL I will back off the ledge a little bit and see what happens in the next few weeks after that. I see another California kid committed elsewhere yesterday.

I think we get Summerall shortly after. Elam says he is going to February.

Watch for Diwayn Black. If he committs and we can get him eligible, as bad as thia class is going to be, it may be our best LB class since early-Urban or even before that.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Yeah I've never liked the idea of UF spending much time and effort recruiting West Coast kids. Stick to cultivating the vast, deep resources in your own state, go into Georgia & Alabama routinely, and cherry pick some kids here and there from other states. But there's so much talent within 300 miles of Gainesville we really shouldn't have to go much further unless a player has expressed a special interest.

Last edited:
Ph...k the Left Coast land of 'fruits & nutts' totally. I'd never bother with recruiting there. They'd have to beg to come to UF if it was me deciding. o_O --- Try to name the last great player that UF got from the entire Left Coast??? :rolleyes:

UF's 2018 Roster breakdown by State:

Florida - 85 --- (likely minus 1 - Watkins) :oops:
========

Georgia - 7

Alabama - 6

Texas - 4

Tennis-sea - 2

S.Carolina - 1

Louisiana - 1

Mississippi - 1

SEC Country - 22
===========

Virginia - 3

N.Carolina - 2

Pennsylvania - 2

Michigan - 1

Illinois - 1

New Jersy - 1

Maryland - 1

Kansas - 1

Nevada - 1

Others = The 'Lucky 13'

Out of State Total = 35

Roster Total = 120 (119)

Last edited:
I think we get Summerall shortly after. Elam says he is going to February.

Watch for Diwayn Black. If he committs and we can get him eligible, as bad as thia class is going to be, it may be our best LB class since early-Urban or even before that.

If you are referring to 4* I/LB Diwun Black, he committed to Ole Miss in Early April.

Nothing out of Mississippi that I have seen suggesting he has decommitted or is likely to.

ILB/FB R.J. Raymond 6-2 253 rsSr ** (2017 11 Gms as FB/ST's)
ILB/OLB Kylan Johnson 6-2 236 rsJr ** - Starter
ILB David Reese 6-1 239 Jr *** - Starter (On 3 of the Preseason Watch Lists)
ILB Ventrell Miller 5-11 222 rsFr *** - FL HS 7A 1st Team All State

(so much for the rivals moron star ratings...) :rolleyes:
-----
Deep depth: (spares and scout teamers)
ILB Will Thomas 5-9 237 rsSo ** (cannon ball)
ILB Brendan Ackerman 5-11 221 rsFr **

Last edited:

I get that you want to be on the cutting edge with the new coach hate, like a baby BONG, but you're just so over the top.

How in the world can you have this much angst and vitriol and "sky is falling?"

How is that enjoyable for you?

It's still July.

Why can't you just calm down?

I get that you want to be on the cutting edge with the new coach hate, like a baby BONG, but you're just so over the top.

How in the world can you have this much angst and vitriol and "sky is falling?"

How is that enjoyable for you?

It's still July.

Why can't you just calm down?

Its my way of coping with the current state of recruiting and I am already expecting a 7-5 or 8-4 season with a mediocre offense. The record wouldn't bother me if I knew Jones got some experience and recruiting was going good.

Warning Will Robinson,,, WARNING!

Stay away from the land of IF,,, or you might come down with a delusional Fevered condition.... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT