ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen to MSU?

Might happen. He was the best coach they've ever had.
I’m not sure they could.
Agree 100% - He could possibly be their best candidate, again. Their expectations are more in line with what he can deliver.
I'm not certain he really wants to deal with this full-blown NIL/transfer portal stuff. When he was here it was in its infancy, and he hated it.
I wish him well if he goes there though.

Agree 100% - He could possibly be their best candidate, again. Their expectations are more in line with what he can deliver.
I'm not certain he really wants to deal with this full-blown NIL/transfer portal stuff. When he was here it was in its infancy, and he hated it.
I wish him well if he goes there though.
He was a perfect coach for them because he is able to play well against good teams every couple years, win the games they should win with the occasional bad loss, and beat ole miss often enough to keep the alums happy. They weren’t expected to compete for to recruits or even win big games as long as they had the occasional “moral victory.” He’s one of the few coaches who left there of his own accord. They should be thrilled to have him back. Losing Leach could be a big blow to them for awhile and getting Mullen back could get them on the right path fairly quickly. I’m not even sure who else would be a fit there. Miss state is a weird place

Might happen. He was the best coach they've ever had.

That one coach made the SECCG I think and won quite a few games. I think he upset Spurrier a time or two also. Mullen did good there with Prescott but seemed to always lose in their big games. I know his record against final top 25 teams while there was really bad.

He was a perfect coach for them because he is able to play well against good teams every couple years, win the games they should win with the occasional bad loss, and beat ole miss often enough to keep the alums happy. They weren’t expected to compete for to recruits or even win big games as long as they had the occasional “moral victory.” He’s one of the few coaches who left there of his own accord. They should be thrilled to have him back. Losing Leach could be a big blow to them for awhile and getting Mullen back could get them on the right path fairly quickly. I’m not even sure who else would be a fit there. Miss state is a weird place
Not even remotely as weird as aTm, lol, who would ever be a fit there, haha.

That one coach made the SECCG I think and won quite a few games. I think he upset Spurrier a time or two also. Mullen did good there with Prescott but seemed to always lose in their big games. I know his record against final top 25 teams while there was really bad.
Too lazy to look it up, but are you referring to Jackie Sherrill?

Reactions: gatordad3
I’m not sure they could.
Probably not but they've targeted Arizona coach Jedd Fisch(UF grad and GA under Spurrier in 1999-2000), and Jamey Chadwell(Liberty). It's safe to say that Mullen isn't their 1st choice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT