ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Mullen Recruiting!!!!

Update - 02 August 2018

Ath/OLB Diwun Black 6-4 230 - Forest, MS (#4 OLB ****)
Offers: UF 100% - Ark, AU, Ms, MsSt, TN - TX, USCw
~ Swamp 247 lists him as the #3 ILB.
==========

QB-D Jalon Jones 6-4 205 4.45/40 at Elite-11- Baltimore, MD (#13 QB-dt ****)
Offers: UF Hard Commit - UA, MsSt, Miss, TN - UL, Ore, tOSU MichSt, VaT.

DT Jaelin Humphries 6-3 303 - Lawrenceville, GA - Top 300 (#16 DT ****)
Offers: UF -- AU-UGA-LSU-MS-MSSt-SCa-TN -- Clem-Neb-UL-tOSU

OG Riley Simonds 6-3.5 324 -- Buford, GA (#31 OG ***) - way under-rated - offers
Offers: UF -- UA-AU-Ark-aTm-LSU-Ms-MsSt-SCa-UK-VU - 11 SEC's
Colo-GaT-KSt-MichSt-Neb-Ore-UL-Va-VaT

OLB Tyron Hopper 6-2 205 - Roswell, GA (#23 OLB ****)
Offers: UF 100% - UA, UK, MsSt, Miss, SCa, TN - GaT, Mia, N.C. USF, WVa.

OG Wardrick Wilson 6-4 295 - Miami, FL (NR - rivals #33 OT ****)
Offers: UF Hard Commit - MsSt, UK, LSU, Miz - UL, Mich, Neb, NCSt, USF

Ath/WR Ja'markis Weston 6-3 195 - Clewiston, FL (#31 Ath ****)
Offers: UF 100% - TN, UCF, Fl-Atl, BGSU, Mass.

OT Ethan White 6-5 315 - Clearwater, FL (#11 OG ****)
Offers: UF Hard Commit - UL, Neb, N.C, WVa, Pitt, USF, UCF BC, Duke

FS Trent Whittenmore 6-3 190 - Gainesville, FL (#29 FS ****)
Offers: UF Hard Commit - GaTech, USF, SMs, Yale, Tulane, Troy, Army, SAla

WR Dionte Marks 5-11 178 - Deland, FL (#45 WR ****)
Offers: UF 100% - MsSt - UL, Neb, WVa, USF, UCF, Fl-Atl, Marshall

ILB Jammal Abrams 6-3 224 - Birmingham, AL (#24 ILB ***)
Offers: UF 100% - Miss, UL, Ore, Memp, Fl-Atl, UAB

OLB Jesiah Pierre 6-2 207 - Mount Dora, FL (NL - rivals #29 OLB ***)
Offers: UF -- UGA-UK---Mia-Neb-NC (scUM flip)

==========

2018 Class Late Additions: (not included in recruit class rankings)

DE/DT Adam Shuler II 6-4 270 rsJr ****- Longwood, FL (WVa Grad-xfer)
WVa - 24 Gms - 67 Tkls, 9 TFL, 4 Sacks, 1 FR

WR Van Jefferson 6-2 195 rsJr **** - EE Fr All SEC (Ms xfer)
~ 8-2-18 Cleared by NCAA to play in 2018

TE/DE Lucas Krull 6-7 255 rsSo **** - Shawnee, Kan - JuCo
2 year Juco Grad that still has 3 years of eligibility to play.

WR Trevon Grimes 6-5 214 So ***** - EE (tOSU xfer)
~ 8-2-18 Cleared by NCAA to play in 2018

Ath/WR Jaylin Jackson 5-9 160 ** (30-5 as a starting QB-dt, CB, KR)

Offers: UK, ColoSt, AF, Army, GaSt, but chose to W-O at UF.

#1 LS Marco Ortiz 6-5 230 - A Rubio 5 Star - P-WO

ILB Umstead Sanders 6-2 240 Jr *** - Juco xfer - P-WO

Last edited:
That'll be the second time since the 2010's began? Really looking forward to this being a game like I've read about in the past. Just don't see it happening with 3*'s... I still think we should just cut bait and move on, no reason to even call this a rivalry anymore.
Just curious how you have been lately. Long time no see. I guess y'all pansy's cut bait with Clemson as well?

SI All-American released their Top 250 prospects for the class of 2021. Touting the 7th ranked class in the nation, the Florida Gators found future Gators layered throughout the narrowed down list. Of the athletes named, 14 of which are committed to the University of Florida.

proxy.php
A lot has happened since this thread. Willie isn’t even the FSU coach anymore. Norvell & FSU are stinking it up on the field and about to put together the worst recruiting class in FSU history.

Still rather early in the recruiting cycle, but it is the offseason. How do you think Mullen is doing so far this cycle? Do you feel UF will recruit just as well, or better, than their top rivals/nearby competitors? e.g. UGA, FSU, Bama, Clemson, Miami, etc?
How’s FSU doing on the field and in recruiting?

Gator rsSo RB/FS Iverson Clement **** has entered the NCAA transfer portal, as reported by Matt Zenitz of AL.com. (UF career - 12 for 94 yds, 7.8 ypc, L-41)

I'm really sorry to see this outstanding citizen-student/athlete leave but I completely understand why, and I agree with his decision. He's too talented of a RB to remain on an already loaded and constantly growing Gator bench imo.

Good luck Iverson, wherever you end up playing. I'll be proud to still call you a Gator no matter where that might eventually be.
==========

If I had my choice, which of course I don't, I'd like to get the #3 S Terrion Arnold and the #2 LB Xavian Sorey Jr. to fill out the 2021 recruiting class....

Per SI, Landing the duo of north Florida-raised talents would put the cherry on top of a fascinating defensive recruiting class by DC Todd Grantham and his staff. 🤓

'The ole iG completely agrees with that.'

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...rs-recruiting-terrion-arnold-top-five-schools

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
TE Krull 6-7 255 4.45/40 - Shawnee, Kan
2015 HS Sr - 52 for 745 yds, 14.3 yds/rec, 13 TD's.
=====

Hey FSU-numbers....
5 Star FSU commit visiting UF/DBU.... CB Akeem Dent - W.Palm Bch, FL
I wonder why? Did he take a field trip around tallycrappy, or did they take him out on Ron Zook Field to watch their Cheerleaders graze? :eek: --- :D --- :p
=====

4 Star WR Mycah Pittman 6-0 185 - Calabasas, Calif
He is rumored to be close to committing with UF apparently leading.
His Top 5 are: UF -- UA-tOSU-Neb-Ore
=====

OG Melvin McBride 6-4 315 - Memphis, TN
He now has UF in his Top 5 -- TN-SCa-UL-Cin.
He's supposedly a 3 star, but with 24 offers.
UGA-LSU-MsSt-Miz-Ms-aTm-VU -- Clem-FSU-Ore-N.C.
Those are some pretty sweet offers for just a 3 star.... :rolleyes:
=====

2018 QB Emory Jones 6-2 195 EE is signed and in class.
2019 QB Jalen Jones 6-3 205 EE says he is 100% committed to Dan/UF.

2020 QB Anthony Richardson 6-4 215 (likely EE) is fast becoming a fixture around UF with repeated visits. One of the fastest rising prospects in the 2020 class is Gainesville Eastside QB Anthony Richardson. The strong armed, quick-of-foot signal caller spent Wednesday at Florida’s camp getting coached up by head coach Dan Mullen and QB coach Brian Johnson. We caught him on camera in action. “I just like it here,” he said when asked about all the visits since he was offered by Dan a little over a month ago. “The coaches, the players, everything is just nice.

~ iG is glad to see Dan/staff working the local kids in. (Whittenmore & now Richardson)
It's very early yet for a 2020, but Dan and Brian got their feet in the door first and he at least likes them and UF.

Nobody is really leading at the moment according to the young man. “Not really,” he said. “Just still waiting really and looking around.” Richardson says that there is something that stands out about Florida compared to the other places he’s been. “Really the coaching,” he said. “That stands out the most to me. They’re more hand on and more focused with (the players).”

Take a guess who Charlotte's QB is.

Just in case nobody has noticed, Dan is gonzo and therefore no longer relevant to Gator football.... 🙄

So is Ray Graves, so is Steve Spurrier at QB, but you bring them up to justify your fandom.

Don't you worry your pretty little walnut brain though, the only other person that thought you were credible is Jeff from Jax, who is either you and your addled mind forgot the login, or he's dead.

We all know you're a poser.

Yell us more about how you're amazing. Everything you think and do is the best.

• Haha
Reactions: sadgator
So is Ray Graves, so is Steve Spurrier at QB, but you bring them up to justify your fandom.

Don't you worry your pretty little walnut brain though, the only other person that thought you were credible is Jeff from Jax, who is either you and your addled mind forgot the login, or he's dead.

We all know you're a poser.

Yell us more about how you're amazing. Everything you think and do is the best.
I miss ole Jeff from Jax though.

Reactions: sadgator
Just in case nobody has noticed, Dan is gonzo and therefore no longer relevant to Gator football.... 🙄

We can all see he is still butthurt over getting canned. It's also obvious his buyout is barely a consolation for him.
Even the crying Herbstreit barely contained his disappointment over UF winning.

Oh and Mullen looks like an idiot here.

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
Really needed this win.

Mertz was more than legit - several athletic 3rd and xxxxx and he got em all in the 1st half. I continue to be impressed with the D's alignment/assignment football - we could be REALLY good this time next year with even more talent.

The special teams HAS to get fixed.

We HAVE to throw the ball downfield 4-5x per game. Gotta figure this out.

Really needed this win.

Mertz was more than legit - several athletic 3rd and xxxxx and he got em all in the 1st half. I continue to be impressed with the D's alignment/assignment football - we could be REALLY good this time next year with even more talent.

The special teams HAS to get fixed.

We HAVE to throw the ball downfield 4-5x per game. Gotta figure this out.
Did anyone notice how nice it was to see the defense actually MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT?

Did anyone notice how nice it was to see the defense actually MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT?
The thing for me on D was that even when we had guys that were in the correct positions and just missed an assignment. At this stage I can take guys missing a tackle if they take the correct angles. That's just where we're at.

Also - TN has talent lol - they win some 1 on 1 battles too so there's no shame in one miss here or there.

The other thing that caught my eye: even when we lost 1 on 1 battles, the rest of the defense was swarming and on the way to help.

We can all see he is still butthurt over getting canned. It's also obvious his buyout is barely a consolation for him.
Even the crying Herbstreit barely contained his disappointment over UF winning.

Oh and Mullen looks like an idiot here.
That Twitter post and YouTube video totally mischaracterizes why Mullen sung Rocky Top on that show by the way (telling a story)…gaslighting at its finest…

It was a 2022 interview…oh and by the way he prefaces his comments by saying that he never lost to them as Florida’s coach…

If anyone wants to understand the truth…rather than to just throw sh!t at the guy…you can watch the full video here for context…which some people apparently don’t want to take the time to do…

https://thespun.com/.amp/college-football/dan-mullen-has-brutally-honest-admission-on-tennessee-fans

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT