ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Kapernik deserves an apology

....it's all individual feelings and opinions so I would definitely hope that you believe your lying eyes and ears over my so-called propaganda. Nothing reflects poorly on me and nothing reflects poorly on you when opinions are involved. And don't take the "tinkerbell" name as an insult, we are all men here.....well most of us.

Do you agree that wearing American flag shirts or hats or having the Nike shoe with the 1776 flag on them somehow supports racism or white supremacy? I don't.

Slavery is a part of our American story....but it's just one part of it. It's our national shame. We should own that. We should also own and be proud of all the good we've accomplished. There's plenty to be proud of as an American including the recognition of our mistakes.

Do you agree that wearing American flag shirts or hats or having the Nike shoe with the 1776 flag on them somehow supports racism or white supremacy? I don't.

Slavery is a part of our American story....but it's just one part of it. It's our national shame. We should own that. We should also own and be proud of all the good we've accomplished. There's plenty to be proud of as an American including the recognition of our mistakes.
Slavery preexisted this country. The flag being disrespected is post slavery. The flag of today evolved from the flag that freed the slaves in a war that cost 700K+ lives. Debt paid in FULL. Jim Crow has been done away with for 50+ years. He can protest all he wants and the fans can protest the protesting and boycott.

Police brutality in not a race thing unless you can prove the cop(s) were racists.

These guys are taught these techniques. Obviously, they can be deadly. This guy had a history and appears to be a bad apple. The best thing is to weed guys out that have violent tendencies.

The next thing is to teach cops not to use deadly techniques on unarmed suspects. Once we get all cops video cameras, arrest can be reviewed by a independent party, and if excessive force is used the cop warned and maybe terminated. Macho brains just don't belong on a police force.

Protect and Serve!

Need a little more of this
IMG_6557.PNG

.....wait a minute, sir. I never claimed to be anti-American. That is what's wrong with this entire concept. I love America. This is the land I was born and bred on and the same land that I wake up on to make money every day to provide for my family. Even I wear shirts with the American flag on it, that's not just a "white" thing. But being black in America, I also agree with the stance that Kaepernick took which some will never understand because we are all different. Hell, I believe this country thrives off of diversity but I also don't believe that the law is executed the same pertaining to race. I could go a lot deeper but I'm only off on the weekends and I'd rather drink my beer.

Reactions: BSC911
Slavery preexisted this country. The flag being disrespected is post slavery. The flag of today evolved from the flag that freed the slaves in a war that cost 700K+ lives. Debt paid in FULL. Jim Crow has been done away with for 50+ years. He can protest all he wants and the fans can protest the protesting and boycott.

Police brutality in not a race thing unless you can prove the cop(s) were racists.

These guys are taught these techniques. Obviously, they can be deadly. This guy had a history and appears to be a bad apple. The best thing is to weed guys out that have violent tendencies.

The next thing is to teach cops not to use deadly techniques on unarmed suspects. Once we get all cops video cameras, arrest can be reviewed by a independent party, and if excessive force is used the cop warned and maybe terminated. Macho brains just don't belong on a police force.

Protect and Serve!

Need a little more of this
IMG_6557.PNG

Slavery certainly preexisted the United States. That certainly doesn't condone the practice in the United States. I'm not saying that a single thing is owed beyond the recognition of the inherent evil of its practice.

Agree, I have no idea if Chauvin is a racist.

I am a Sheriff's Deputy. We are taught about the "force continuum." Obviously it was not followed here and Chauvin, who works for a liberal police department, knew better. He killed a man and hurt everyone in his profession in the process. His actions will not define me but they will affect me. That's a shame.

To be clear, we are specifically taught not to use the technique that Chauvin used...especially after the suspect is handcuffed or otherwise made harmless. Agree bad apples must be weeded out and I believe that is happening.

I'm not a huge fan of body cams because sometimes they don't tell the entire story. They sometimes only show part of the story but since the event is recorded, if it's not on tape then the assumption is that ______ didn't happen and therefore ______ was an unreasonable reaction. Obviously that's not the case.

IMO body cams are a great supplementary tool but we can't use them as the end all, be all in determining whether or not an officer should be fired, arrested or convicted of civil rights violations or worse. A part of that process? Fine....but their value can be and often is limited by their very nature.

.....wait a minute, sir. I never claimed to be anti-American. That is what's wrong with this entire concept. I love America. This is the land I was born and bred on and the same land that I wake up on to make money every day to provide for my family. Even I wear shirts with the American flag on it, that's not just a "white" thing. But being black in America, I also agree with the stance that Kaepernick took which some will never understand because we are all different. Hell, I believe this country thrives off of diversity but I also don't believe that the law is executed the same pertaining to race. I could go a lot deeper but I'm only off on the weekends and I'd rather drink my beer.

No, no....I never assumed you were. I was asking you a legitimate question. You answered that and I'm glad to hear it.

100% agree that diversity is an American strength.

I am only one man and I can only speak definitively to my own actions and motives. What I believe and what I tend to see is that Cops are typically tougher on suspects who resemble them. I see more opportunities given, patience taken or verbal abuse ignored when the cop and the suspect are of a different race. I believe that is true for white, black, brown, ect cops. It's part of being above reproach and that's the goal of any cop worth his salt. That may not be fair either but we are human and I think that is human nature...save the bad apples referred to in a post above. Some people, cops or whatever, are unfortunately consumed by hate but they could not survive in my department....thank God.

Slavery certainly preexisted the United States. That certainly doesn't condone the practice in the United States. I'm not saying that a single thing is owed beyond the recognition of the inherent evil of its practice.

Agree, I have no idea if Chauvin is a racist.

I am a Sheriff's Deputy. We are taught about the "force continuum." Obviously it was not followed here and Chauvin, who works for a liberal police department, knew better. He killed a man and hurt everyone in his profession in the process. His actions will not define me but they will affect me. That's a shame.

To be clear, we are specifically taught not to use the technique that Chauvin used...especially after the suspect is handcuffed or otherwise made harmless. Agree bad apples must be weeded out and I believe that is happening.

I'm not a huge fan of body cams because sometimes they don't tell the entire story. They sometimes only show part of the story but since the event is recorded, if it's not on tape then the assumption is that ______ didn't happen and therefore ______ was an unreasonable reaction. Obviously that's not the case.

IMO body cams are a great supplementary tool but we can't use them as the end all, be all in determining whether or not an officer should be fired, arrested or convicted of civil rights violations or worse. A part of that process? Fine....but their value can be and often is limited by their very nature.
LOL at works for a liberal police department.

LOL at works for a liberal police department.

So you think Jacob Frey runs a non-liberal police department? Sometimes you say very stupid things.

You do realize that the mayor is ultimately in charge of a municipal police department, right? He appoints the chief who literally runs the PD.

But Frey's PD isn't liberal? lol, get smarter.

I do find it hilarious that protesting was the only way Kaepernick could draw attention to himself, and now that there are 'protests' happening nationwide, no one wants to hear from him LOL

Damn that's got to be depressing.

Reactions: gatordad3
So you think Jacob Frey runs a non-liberal police department? Sometimes you say very stupid things.

You do realize that the mayor is ultimately in charge of a municipal police department, right? He appoints the chief who literally runs the PD.

But Frey's PD isn't liberal? lol, get smarter.
I haven’t met very many liberal LEOs.

Then you haven't met many LEO's. That's an entirely different discussion and we can have it if you like but I'm not sure that's the point you were trying to get at.

I'm surprised that I need to type this but here we go. Just because a department is liberal, that doesn't mean every LEO inside the department is liberal. But if the leadership of a department is liberal, the department will have liberal tendencies and policies.

All of the above is true if the department is led by a conservative. That wouldn't mean all the LEO's inside the department are conservative but the tendencies and policies certainly will be.

Sometimes you can find liberal leaning departments that butt up against conservative leaning departments. That can get tricky but it can be overcome. In my experience, the criminals tend to stay on the liberal leaning side...occasionally venturing out to commit crimes of opportunity to their own detriment.

Then you haven't met many LEO's. That's an entirely different discussion and we can have it if you like but I'm not sure that's the point you were trying to get at.

I'm surprised that I need to type this but here we go. Just because a department is liberal, that doesn't mean every LEO inside the department is liberal. But if the leadership of a department is liberal, the department will have liberal tendencies and policies.

All of the above is true if the department is led by a conservative. That wouldn't mean all the LEO's inside the department are conservative but the tendencies and policies certainly will be.

Sometimes you can find liberal leaning departments that butt up against conservative leaning departments. That can get tricky but it can be overcome. In my experience, the criminals tend to stay on the liberal leaning side...occasionally venturing out to commit crimes of opportunity to their own detriment.
As a matter of fact I have.

As a matter of fact I have.

I'm informing you that if you believe what you said above, you haven't.

Really trying hard not to talk down to you BSC but I'm finding that to be more and more and more difficult. If you would like some real world examples of the differences between lib departments and conservative departments, I'd be happy to oblige.

I'm informing you that if you believe what you said above, you haven't.

Really trying hard not to talk down to you BSC but I'm finding that to be more and more and more difficult. If you would like some real world examples of the differences between lib departments and conservative departments, I'd be happy to oblige.

That’s OK. I talk down to people all the time. And I’m a big supporter of LEOs. It’s an incredibly difficult job, so props to you. You’ve just been raised a notch in my eyes.

I’m sure there are differences between departments, but it’s probably just a matter of degree. Yes, I’d love to hear some examples of what you believe the differences are.

But no, I’m not a LEO so I only go by what I hear. My brother is a Sgt. in a major city police department and we talk about it all the time. I just spent a week at his house, have vacationed with him and his cop buddies, play golf with them all the time. All of the cops I know are VERY conservative, so maybe we just have different definitions.

For reference purposes, how big is your dept?
Rural or urban?
What is the racial makeup of your force, and the community you serve?

That's good because LEO needs to have common sense. If you are dealing with criminals you never escalate a situation, you deescalate it. Furthermore, you treat every person with the same protocol (they are a risk until you are certain they pose no risk). Use only enough force needed to subdue, if any force is used beyond subduing the suspect then that is excessive force.

Kaepernick had no idea what he was actually“protesting“ by kneeling during the anthem...

He was doing it for the “shock value” of having people notice his “cause.” And he did so with no concern about whether his “protest” brought negative or positive change or attention to the cause he claimed to be so passionate about.

Never did Kaepernick try to productively effectuate the change he claimed to desire
nor articulate what steps could be taken to allow him to give proper respect to our country and flag again. He is not an example that should be celebrated or emulated in any way.

Kaepernick had no idea what he was actually“protesting“ by kneeling during the anthem...

He was doing it for the “shock value” of having people notice his “cause.” And he did so with no concern about whether his “protest” brought negative or positive change or attention to the cause he claimed to be so passionate about.

Never did Kaepernick try to productively effectuate the change he claimed to desire
nor articulate what steps could be taken to allow him to give proper respect to our country and flag again. He is not an example that should be celebrated or emulated in any way.

Disagree with the first sentence. And again, he started doing this AFTER he had lost his job and his NFL career was coming to an end. This was all about him wanting to put the spotlight back on himself.

If it was about a cause he wanted to draw attention to, he would have done it when he was starting for the Super Bowl 49ers. But his career was going gangbusters then, and he didn't want to jeopardize that.

Hard to respect that.

Absolutely hammer to nail on Mr. Kaepernick. I was raised in a middle-income home and I never knew we had financial hardships until I recounted the events of my life. I had so many things that other kids didn't have like parents that loved me and cared about me in a home that was family valued and Christ-filled.

Yes, I’d love to hear some examples of what you believe the differences are.

Here's one and it's pretty significant. If you fail to show up for court (misdemeanor) or fail to pay your fines (known as FTA or FTP), most liberal departments won't execute the bench warrant...instead they advise you to pay or show up to court on some random day in hopes that the court can resolve your FTA. Almost no one does either...because why would they? No enforcement.

In a conservative departments, bench warrants are served, period. Often your family can pay the fines at the Clerk of Courts office and you are released...and then you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Ditto when a person owes victims restitution. I have a home in a conservative departments jurisdiction and a home and business in a liberal jurisdiction. That 2nd home was burgled and I caught them in the act. Unfortunately they had already damaged and stolen $7,620 of my property. The guy plead guilty, got 90 days and was ordered (and agreed to) restitution of $127 per month until the restitution was paid.

My guy paid $63 after his 90 days and was released. That was almost 9 years ago and he hasn't paid another dime. This department will not arrest him for failure to pay his restitution. They won't even hold him on that charge when he's arrested for something else. If the burglary had occurred at my other home, he would have paid or he would have been re-arrested time and time again until he became current on his restitution.

For reference purposes, how big is your dept?
Rural or urban?
What is the racial makeup of your force, and the community you serve?

It's a medium sized department and we have rural and metro areas within our county.

We do a pretty good job of representing the population of our county in terms of racial makeup in our department. We struggle to hire females however. We recruit females but it's a struggle.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
It didn't happen because you were there, right?! Smh, sad, sad individuals with no truth or proof behind your bold statements. It's funny to me to make outrageous claims that it never occurred as if you were present. Lol
You do realize don't you that the cop in Ferguson was cleared of wrongdoing by the Eric Holder justice department by an extensive review of a ton of evidence including a key element that hands up don't shoot was a lie. There is no way that had the phrase been uttered by Michael Brown that the cop would have gotten off. I am sorry if the truth is inconvenient but look it up if you don't believe me.

Here's one and it's pretty significant. If you fail to show up for court (misdemeanor) or fail to pay your fines (known as FTA or FTP), most liberal departments won't execute the bench warrant...instead they advise you to pay or show up to court on some random day in hopes that the court can resolve your FTA. Almost no one does either...because why would they? No enforcement.

In a conservative departments, bench warrants are served, period. Often your family can pay the fines at the Clerk of Courts office and you are released...and then you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Ditto when a person owes victims restitution. I have a home in a conservative departments jurisdiction and a home and business in a liberal jurisdiction. That 2nd home was burgled and I caught them in the act. Unfortunately they had already damaged and stolen $7,620 of my property. The guy plead guilty, got 90 days and was ordered (and agreed to) restitution of $127 per month until the restitution was paid.

My guy paid $63 after his 90 days and was released. That was almost 9 years ago and he hasn't paid another dime. This department will not arrest him for failure to pay his restitution. They won't even hold him on that charge when he's arrested for something else. If the burglary had occurred at my other home, he would have paid or he would have been re-arrested time and time again until he became current on his restitution.

LOL I found out about bench warrants in a very embarrassing way...Girl I worked with in college had passed bad checks...agreed to make restitution...we were not paid all that well and she would get behind but pay up before trouble would catch up with her...

one time it caught up with her...She got a call that a deputy had come by her apartment with a warrant...she explains situation to me ..its a Friday and that's important...

I call the wife and we agree to pay for her and let her pay us back...me being the naive doofus I am talk her into going in and paying the money...

they take money and throw her in jail ...judge has to clear it and will not be back in until Monday...I was so embarrassed and mad as I had told her we would go in and pay and everything would be ok...

there was no next time but if there had been then it would be send someone to pay and hide out until you can go see judge instead of spending weekend in jail.

And yes she paid us back in full

LOL I found out about bench warrants in a very embarrassing way...Girl I worked with in college had passed bad checks...agreed to make restitution...we were not paid all that well and she would get behind but pay up before trouble would catch up with her...

one time it caught up with her...She got a call that a deputy had come by her apartment with a warrant...she explains situation to me ..its a Friday and that's important...

I call the wife and we agree to pay for her and let her pay us back...me being the naive doofus I am talk her into going in and paying the money...

they take money and throw her in jail ...judge has to clear it and will not be back in until Monday...I was so embarrassed and mad as I had told her we would go in and pay and everything would be ok...

there was no next time but if there had been then it would be send someone to pay and hide out until you can go see judge instead of spending weekend in jail.

And yes she paid us back in full

Ouch, that's pretty harsh. I wonder if she missed a court date as well??? Usually paying the clerk does the trick.

this guy is awesome. He’s the mark dice of the brothers

Sunny, this man understands

Lamumba
Mobutu
kasuvuba
Mugabe
I also believe he is still a registered Democrat who admitted voting for Barry S twice, but left the Democratic Plantation.

Reactions: nail1988
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT