ADVERTISEMENT

CNN poll finds 56% of Americans approve of NOTHING Biden has done.

One great thing about the current situation is: we had NO CLUE that leftists are so hateful & extreme.

That cat is now fully out of the bag!

A reminder: Grandma in East Cleveland doesn't give a mouse's hiney about GDP. Her worry is she can't buy beef patties and gasoline. And she ain't blaming Trump. A shocker? Lester Holt at NBC Evening News is letting grandma know.
It'll be interesting to see how much everyone starts caring about GDP when it slows a considerable amount this year. All of a sudden GDP will be the most important data point on this board and grandma and her beef patties will be non-existent when inflation slows alongside the economy.

It'll be interesting to see how much everyone starts caring about GDP when it slows a considerable amount this year. All of a sudden GDP will be the most important data point on this board and grandma and her beef patties will be non-existent when inflation slows alongside the economy.
Wouldn't even you have to admit that a 6.9 GDP is just a complete fluke brought about by economic conditions triggered by a pandemic? A combination of a tremendous inventory rebuild against a population flush with cash to spend, a lot of that cash by government stimulus checks. Regarding GDP slowing this year, it's well on its way already. The Atlanta Fed's GDPNow tracking tool as of February 9th has GDP growth at 0.7 percent seasonally adjusted.

I think most families look at economics different than you do. They're looking at what is happening today, not 6 months from now or a year from now. They look at what's in their paycheck now and wages have gone up 5 point something. Great. Then they look at how far that paycheck is going and they're falling behind because the inflation rate is greater than the wage growth. Their economics is very simple - income and outflow (how much does stuff cost). That's how many people judge ANY president.
And I don't think Biden's smart ass responses to inflation questions by Lester Holt of NBC and criticism of such responses by analyists at CNN of all places is helping Biden one bit.

Reactions: nail1988
Wouldn't even you have to admit that a 6.9 GDP is just a complete fluke brought about by economic conditions triggered by a pandemic? A combination of a tremendous inventory rebuild against a population flush with cash to spend, a lot of that cash by government stimulus checks. Regarding GDP slowing this year, it's well on its way already. The Atlanta Fed's GDPNow tracking tool as of February 9th has GDP growth at 0.7 percent seasonally adjusted.

I think most families look at economics different than you do. They're lookining at what is happening today, not 6 months from now or a year from now. They look at what's in their paycheck and wages have gone up 5 point something. Great. Then they look at how far that paycheck is going and they're falling behind because the inflation rate is greater than the wage growth. Their economics is very simple - income and outflow (how much does stuff cost). That's how many people judge ANY president.
And I don't think Biden's smart ass responses to inflation questions by Lester Holt of NBC and criticism of such responses by analyists at CNN of all places is helping Biden one bit.
The estimates are low for Q1, about 1% due to omicron effects in January, but rebounding considerably in Q2, and over 3% for all of 2022.

I've never once given Biden credit for the economic growth, the factors you mentioned are definitely driving a good portion of it. It's one thing to disagree about why the economy is doing well, it's another to just ignore actual data and say the economy is terrible.
I've said many times that Biden's economy, along with Trumps and Obama's, were all driven by large deficits and artificially low interest rates.

And I agree that most families do look at the economy differently than I do. Because of my job I definitely focus on macro data and look at the country as a whole, which has been producing at a very high rate, with huge increases in productivity, with wages growing significantly, with over 40% earnings growth last year.

I know people keep pointing to recent inflation outpacing wage growth, but I've argued that isn't the case when you include the previous year when wages grew and inflation was low due to covid, so on a two year basis they are better off. And we'll likely see wages continue to grow this year, as inflation falls later in the year. Not to mention how inflation is helping the largest asset in most families in this country, as the 2/3 of the country that are homeowners have seen their net wealth increase significantly from the rise in home prices.

This board just makes me laugh when they completely discredit any good economic data just because of who is in the white house, despite zero people on this board actually ever arguing that Biden deserves credit for it. The closest is me and a couple others saying Biden has nothing to with it, but also nothing to do with inflation and oil increases.

It's just ridiculous to say he deserves all the blame for inflation, but none of the credit for the economy. He deserves neither in my opinion, I believe we'd be seeing similar economic growth, along with similar inflation, if Trump were President right now, except we wouldn't be seeing idiots shutting down highways making the supply chain problems even worse.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
The estimates are low for Q1, about 1% due to omicron effects in January, but rebounding considerably in Q2, and over 3% for all of 2022.

I've never once given Biden credit for the economic growth, the factors you mentioned are definitely driving a good portion of it. It's one thing to disagree about why the economy is doing well, it's another to just ignore actual data and say the economy is terrible.
I've said many times that Biden's economy, along with Trumps and Obama's, were all driven by large deficits and artificially low interest rates.

And I agree that most families do look at the economy differently than I do. Because of my job I definitely focus on macro data and look at the country as a whole, which has been producing at a very high rate, with huge increases in productivity, with wages growing significantly, with over 40% earnings growth last year.

I know people keep pointing to recent inflation outpacing wage growth, but I've argued that isn't the case when you include the previous year when wages grew and inflation was low due to covid, so on a two year basis they are better off. And we'll likely see wages continue to grow this year, as inflation falls later in the year. Not to mention how inflation is helping the largest asset in most families in this country, as the 2/3 of the country that are homeowners have seen their net wealth increase significantly from the rise in home prices.

This board just makes me laugh when they completely discredit any good economic data just because of who is in the white house, despite zero people on this board actually ever arguing that Biden deserves credit for it. The closest is me and a couple others saying Biden has nothing to with it, but also nothing to do with inflation and oil increases.

It's just ridiculous to say he deserves all the blame for inflation, but none of the credit for the economy. He deserves neither in my opinion, I believe we'd be seeing similar economic growth, along with similar inflation, if Trump were President right now, except we wouldn't be seeing idiots shutting down highways making the supply chain problems even worse.
But Biden certainly takes the credit when a 6.9 GDP came out OR the jobs report exceeded expectations. Victory laps galore. He has no problem wanting to get out in front of the media then. But he takes ZERO responsibility for any bad numbers that come out. It's always somebody else's fault, but never HIS policies.
In fact, he has not taken one bit of responsibility for anything negative out of this administration, the latest being the Army report just released that was very critical of the Afghanistan withdrawal. When asked by Lester Holt about the report, Biden said he "rejects it". So nothing's his fault.

Reactions: nail1988
One great thing about the current situation is: we had NO CLUE that leftists are so hateful & extreme.

That cat is now fully out of the bag!
You didn't know leftists are hateful and extreme before now? Like Al Sharpton saying white people lived in caves and Greek homos teaching philosophy? Or Pat Quinn likening black republicans to Jewish people who aided the Nazi's, or Marie Strumolo saying her town is becoming a f'ing n-word town, or hilarity clinton calling someone a f'ng jew bastard, yeah they just recently became hateful and extreme.

It will be interesting when we reach a point when dems care more about what's best for the country versus what they think might make Hiden look better.

Hiden doing a better job is what will make him look better. Put your country above your party.

So regarding Biden's job approval status, are you in positive territory or negative territory.
Overall negative, but I still believe he was the better choice among two terrible options, and Trump's actions in the months following the election will forever cement that opinion for me no matter what Biden does in his last three years.

One term under a moderate democrat was worth the cost versus the damage Trump would do with another term. Just look what he did to most of you with his first term, I'm guessing most of you weren't tinfoil hat wearing cult followers prior to 2017. Biden will do little damage that can't be quickly reversed by the next administration, but Trump has permanently changed the mental state of about a quarter of the country.

I expect to go back to voting Republican in 2024, unless the Romney/Cheney/Kinzinger wing start a third party, then they would get my vote.

Overall negative, but I still believe he was the better choice among two terrible options, and Trump's actions in the months following the election will forever cement that opinion for me no matter what Biden does in his last three years.

One term under a moderate democrat was worth the cost versus the damage Trump would do with another term. Just look what he did to most of you with his first term, I'm guessing most of you weren't tinfoil hat wearing cult followers prior to 2017. Biden will do little damage that can't be quickly reversed by the next administration, but Trump has permanently changed the mental state of about a quarter of the country.

I expect to go back to voting Republican in 2024, unless the Romney/Cheney/Kinzinger wing start a third party, then they would get my vote.
There is one thing you wrote that not only made me laugh but cemented my opinion that our views of the political spectrum are far far apart. "One term under a MODERATE DEMOCRAT was worth the cost...". Really, you think Biden is governing as a moderate? Wow! You think the next administration can easily find and send home MILLIONS of illegal aliens let in by Biden. Are you serious? The list is long. Please just vote democrat so we can have more of this.

Reactions: goldmom
There is one thing you wrote that not only made me laugh but cemented my opinion that our views of the political spectrum are far far apart. "One term under a MODERATE DEMOCRAT was worth the cost...". Really, you think Biden is governing as a moderate? Wow! You think the next administration can easily find and send home MILLIONS of illegal aliens let in by Biden. Are you serious? The list is long. Please just vote democrat so we can have more of this.
You're nuts if you think he's far left like Bernie/AOC wing of that party. Part of the reason his approval rating is so low is that the progressives hate him for not doing even a fraction of the liberal policies he mentioned during his campaign.

Biden was forced to move to the left during the primaries. I doubt he seriously expected any of it to go anywhere until Trump handed both Georgia senate seats to the Democrats.

With an unexpected senate majority, Biden no longer had the convenient excuse of an obstructionist GOP to avoid trying to push the progressive agenda.

The failure of the BBB bill should have been a wake-up call to the Far Left, that they are out-of-touch. If not, then I guess l being mauled in the 2022 House elections will help to “remind” them.

Unfortunately, due to redistricting, most House seats are in safe (read: extremely partisan) districts. This makes it more difficult than ever to be a moderate in the House and increases the risk of a House dominated by Trumpers and AOC progressives with little in-between.

You're nuts if you think he's far left like Bernie/AOC wing of that party. Part of the reason his approval rating is so low is that the progressives hate him for not doing even a fraction of the liberal policies he mentioned during his campaign.
I wasn't going to go personal but since you called me nuts I'll call you stupid if you think it's joe biden holding up the far left agenda of spending as much money as possible or killing the filibuster. It's Manchin and Sinema. Do you not think Biden isn't ready to sign those passed bills? Bill Clinton couldn't get elected today in your party.

I wasn't going to go personal but since you called me nuts I'll call you stupid if you think it's joe biden holding up the far left agenda of spending as much money as possible or killing the filibuster. It's Manchin and Sinema. Do you not think Biden isn't ready to sign those passed bills? Bill Clinton couldn't get elected today in your party.
I agree about Clinton, and would say the same about Reagan in today's GOP.

Both parties have unfortunately moved away from the center.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I agree about Clinton, and would say the same about Reagan in today's GOP.

Both parties have unfortunately moved away from the center.
What is Biden not supporting the Bernie/AOC wing on? He's opened the southern border, he's already spent trillions already and is still trying to spend trillions more even though we're 30 trillion in debt. He's trying to nationalize or federalize voting and take it away from the states. He's trying to dump the filibuster. He's trying to pack the Supreme Court. That sounds a lot closer to Bernie and AOC than a moderate. So how is Biden fighting the far left? His fight is with the few moderates still left in the party.

Last edited:
You're nuts if you think he's far left like Bernie/AOC wing of that party.
Ahhhhhh careful 'lifelong republican', you are telling on yourself again LOL

He never mentioned AOC or Bernie. He simply pointed out how absurd it was to claim that Hiden was a 'moderate democrat'.

If you were really a 'lifelong republican', then you would have no problem being honest about Hiden's politics, which are a matter of public record.

Instead, you stumbled in to White Knight for Hiden, and again busted your ass.

I do so love watching the trolls tell on themselves!

Reactions: fatman76
What is Biden not supporting the Bernie/AOC wing on? He's opened the southern border, he's already spent trillions already and is still trying to spend trillions more even though we're 30 trillion in debt. He's trying to nationalize or federalize voting and take it away from the states. He's trying to dump the filibuster. He's trying to pack the Supreme Court. That sounds a lot closer to Bernie and AOC than a moderate. So how is Biden fighting the far left? His fight is with the few moderates still left in the party.
Hiden supported a national mandate for every employee to be forced to take an experimental treatment for a flu strain with a 99.9% survival rate, as a condition of continued employmenr.

That's the definition of extreme. Moderate means the opposite of extreme.

Just like @CFAGator means the opposite of 'lifelong republican'.

Agree, those two are further left.

Biden sits where the far left used to sit.

Agree, those two are further left.

Biden sits where the far left used to sit.
I never said Biden was far left like the bernie/aoc wing, like cfagator says I said. I asked him a question regarding Biden and the bernie/aoc wing. So I guess he converted my question into a statement I didn't make.

Last edited:
Beat me to it.

I think CFA slipped. Literally no one thinks Biden is a moderate…except a hardcore Biden supporter.
Yep, his mask slipped off there.

Guess he's about to leave the board like the last 10 'lifelong republicans' did when they told on themselves as really being dems.

Never understood why the dems think this is a winning or even funny troll. Do they make it thinks Trump look bad, even if they were really who they claim to be?

Yep, his mask slipped off there.

Guess he's about to leave the board like the last 10 'lifelong republicans' did when they told on themselves as really being dems.

Never understood why the dems think this is a winning or even funny troll. Do they make it thinks Trump look bad, even if they were really who they claim to be?
Nope.

Dems like CFA are trying to make Trump look even more ridiculous by trying to position themselves as moderates.

It’s why he bends over backwards to say he’s never giving credit or blame to Biden, while railing on Trump. It’s a common theme in his posts.

Nope.

Dems like CFA are trying to make Trump look even more ridiculous by trying to position themselves as moderates.

It’s why he bends over backwards to say he’s never giving credit or blame to Biden, while railing on Trump. It’s a common theme in his posts.
But that doesn't work because no one takes them seriously.

Do they really think someone does?

I swear we have the dumbest trolls on the internet.

He is what he is told to be. By Susan Rice and Hussein

Reactions: goldmom
Susan Rice and Ron Klain are just two at the forefront but there are some really dangerous actors pulling strings. Rice is just a train wreck on her own and belongs in some Federal country club jail IMO.
Whoever is getting these extremist nominees to important Agency jobs requiring Senate approval has been planning this for awhile. I can only imagine the jockeying offstage for the SCOTUS nominee. A mere 64% of Americans oppose color/gender as the main criteria for a nominee. As if us peons matter.

Susan Rice and Ron Klain are just two at the forefront but there are some really dangerous actors pulling strings. Rice is just a train wreck on her own and belongs in some Federal country club jail IMO.
Whoever is getting these extremist nominees to important Agency jobs requiring Senate approval has been planning this for awhile. I can only imagine the jockeying offstage for the SCOTUS nominee. A mere 64% of Americans oppose color/gender as the main criteria for a nominee. As if us peons matter.
Simply a James Clyburn quid pro quo.

This.

Biden is trying to break the economy like Obama tried to break health care. And he’s doing it through Green New Deal initiatives.

And say whatever you want about Bernie, but at least he’s honest about it. He tells you he’s a Marxist, he’s proud of honeymooning in Moscow.

Biden tries to come off as old aw shucks lunch bucket Joe, but then caves to the ultra liberal progressive side of his party…and that’s why he’s so unpopular. He’s pissed of the middle because he lied to them and no one short of Stalin would be far enough left to make the progressives happy…

Last edited:
Except he didn’t campaign…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT