ADVERTISEMENT

Can our “independents” please explain this to the rest of us?

I don't really see the issue here. Its probably not reported much because its not much of a story. Of course the democrats would do this, they don't want the wall so they will do what they can do to stop it. There is no mystery to that. Its partly the result of not getting any opposition support when it was built.

Personally I am fine with the wall being built in general.......but you don't build a wall around the country without at least some bipartisan support. Otherwise you end up where we are now.....just wasting a bunch of money on nothing.

Back when Americans used to work together we could have had a pretty good compromise solution here.......make it easier to come in legally (since we need the people) in exchange for support to build the wall and get much tougher on illegals going forward with the help of the wall. We get more people inside the system, we solve some of our labor issues and we reduce the incentive for illegal entry.

But since we are in the "just F the other side" mode of politics everything becomes an insurmountable problem.

Here is my question: Why do we have to let in a family of 10 children with completely unskilled parents? That does nothing for my country expect drain resources.

If we want to help the poor, help the poor who are already here.
Trump always says...we want their best..not their worst. Well...guess who is crossing illegally?

We should have the most restrictive immigration process in the world.

The problem with this is that we have MANY blue collar jobs and entry level jobs that are not being filled and will never be filled. Eventually those companies will have to make choices.

One of those choices (in manufacturing for example) will be to relocate their operations abroad where the labor is available. In such a case, it won't just be entry level/labor positions that we'll be losing. The entire operation will go.

This can be done sensibly and responsibly...and America would benefit from it.

The problem with this is that we have MANY blue collar jobs and entry level jobs that are not being filled and will never be filled. Eventually those companies will have to make choices.

One of those choices (in manufacturing for example) will be to relocate their operations abroad where the labor is available. In such a case, it won't just be entry level/labor positions that we'll be losing. The entire operation will go.

All this does not matter. You cannot break our Nations laws because you "need" workers. PASS A DIFFENT LAW. Politicians have to stop FOREVER using the Constitution out of convenience. If you cannot pass the laws..then shut the damn border DOWN.

Its partly the result of not getting any opposition support when it was built.

Personally I am fine with the wall being built in general.......but you don't build a wall around the country without at least some bipartisan support. Otherwise you end up where we are now.....just wasting a bunch of money on nothing.

This part is stupid and juvenile. Agree with the rest mostly.

And the opposition rejected it because it was what Trump wanted. They would have rejected the cure for cancer if Trump had come up with it.

All this does not matter. You cannot break our Nations laws because you "need" workers. PASS A DIFFENT LAW. Politicians have to stop FOREVER using the Constitution out of convenience. If you cannot pass the laws..then shut the damn border DOWN.

I thought that it was obvious that my suggestion included changing law. Allow me to add...

"Change the law so that...."

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
It’s to supply the US with basically slave labor. I’m not even sure the Dems want the illegals voting because who knows how they would vote and there’s enough to swing any election. But they now realize that our manufacturing dependence on China is unsustainable and they want slave labor for manufacturing, industry, agriculture and service.
Illegals voting seems to be old-school anyway. They now have the best cheating system to rig elections ever devised by man. To add to what you said, I think they love the sex-trafficking opportunities.

This part is stupid and juvenile. Agree with the rest mostly.

And the opposition rejected it because it was what Trump wanted. They would have rejected the cure for cancer if Trump had come up with it.
You mean like the democrats rejected the Covid vaccine Trump and his team came up with?

Talk about stupid and Juvenile.

You mean like the democrats rejected the Covid vaccine Trump and his team came up with?

It's the SAME ONE China Joe tried to cram down on every Federal employee and military member, remember that oh ruhtahed one. In fact, China Joe was going to start firing anyone who didn't take the "Trump Jab" until the courts stepped in. How inconvenient for you maroooooons. 😂

1469019249-littlefinger-smug.gif

Yeah, I agree he pushed it and still does. I disagree here. But Trump is the best thing going for America. If you can't accept that move to Canada.

Yes...exactly like that.

Since you struggle so much with basic logic I will try and help you a bit. Kamala Harris saying something stupid is not the democrats rejecting Trump's vaccine. I suspect she actually ended up taking the vaccine anyway. So your confused with regard to what actually happened, the majority of democrats trusting and taking the vaccine, and what a politician said. It was largely the republicans who rejected the vaccine.

Keep trying, eventually you may learn to reason things out and post sensible thoughts.

I actually think most people are pro immigration. The problem is the entire process has been corrupted for political gains by DC.

We should literally have the most brilliant people and the most skilled workers begging us to come here. Instead, we let in anyone. We should have the most restrictive immigration process in the world.

Instead, we have the opposite.
I also think we can get talent and contributions, from our current citizenry and also through work visas. If you want to work here, we can create visas

Democrats hate this as it does not create what they really want: votes
10,000 percent

So instead of moving the companies where the labor is, what if those companies were given incentives to build 'training centers' in those other countries in order to give unskilled workers the skills they need to take jobs in America? There could be a vetting process of course, and if you are selected it would fast track you for acceptance into the US and you would likely have a job waiting on you. Or that could be a condition of joining the training.

I think the overarching focus should be that we are going to be damn picky about who we let into the US, and you better jump through the hoops we set up if you want to be considered. I think if we ALL agree the goal is to put America First, then we can work together to make it happen.

Since you struggle so much with basic logic I will try and help you a bit. Kamala Harris saying something stupid is not the democrats rejecting Trump's vaccine. I suspect she actually ended up taking the vaccine anyway. So your confused with regard to what actually happened, the majority of democrats trusting and taking the vaccine, and what a politician said. It was largely the republicans who rejected the vaccine.

Keep trying, eventually you may learn to reason things out and post sensible thoughts.
Bro. Biden said the same thing. The mayor of NYC at the time said he wouldn't allow the shots into his city cause they were UNSAFE.

Then Biden wins* the election, and magically the shots are totally safe everyone jab yourself ASAP!

Bro. You gotta wake up. We all will sooner or later, it will be easier on you if you do it sooner rather than later.

This is a Forrest Gumpian explanation...MUCH like any TYPICAL democrat. Full oof lies and misrepresentations

Bro. Biden said the same thing. The mayor of NYC at the time said he wouldn't allow the shots into his city cause they were UNSAFE.

Then Biden wins* the election, and magically the shots are totally safe everyone jab yourself ASAP!

Bro. You gotta wake up. We all will sooner or later, it will be easier on you if you do it sooner rather than later.
I was and am (to a far more limited extent) pro-vaccine

Kamala did the exact same

I was and am (to a far more limited extent) pro-vaccine

Kamala did the exact same
Another very HUGE misrepresentation is how conservatives mostly feel about the jab. I will speak for how I feel...and I think this feeling is very wide spread. It is not my job to tell someone else whether or not they should or should not get a vaccine shot. We were lied to so many times I do not trust ANYTHING they tell us. But FORCING people is just 100% BS. Mandates are 100% BS. I took the J&J to go one a long planned dream vacation. I have had ZERO known complications...but looking back, I would not do it again..and I will never take another. BTW...I have also never had a flu shot.

Your feelings are hurt so I'll let it go.

So instead of moving the companies where the labor is, what if those companies were given incentives to build 'training centers' in those other countries in order to give unskilled workers the skills they need to take jobs in America? There could be a vetting process of course, and if you are selected it would fast track you for acceptance into the US and you would likely have a job waiting on you. Or that could be a condition of joining the training.

I think the overarching focus should be that we are going to be damn picky about who we let into the US, and you better jump through the hoops we set up if you want to be considered. I think if we ALL agree the goal is to put America First, then we can work together to make it happen.

Yea, that would work as well. I'd eliminate all bureaucratic BS to whatever degree possible but other than that, agree completely.

His emotional response was entirely predictable. He knew as well as you I did that he asked a stupid question.

Bama said - "They would have rejected the cure for cancer if Trump had come up with it."
Fact - the vaccine was developed while Trump was president.
Fact - Democrats overwhelmingly took the vaccine while a much higher number of republicans rejected it.

Game set and match.

The fact that Biden subsequently won the election doesn't change the above. The vaccine was still developed under Trump and the democrats accepted it. End of story.

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137

BTW, learning English could be a part of that training program. Some libs would cry about that but it would improve their quality of life in the US and it would help ease assimilation into the American culture.

And like I said, if I ever decide to move to another country, I'd learn the language. I've been working on my Australian for a while and pretty much have it licked. 😉

Sadly Australia is no longer a reasonable option for me.

Bama said - "They would have rejected the cure for cancer if Trump had come up with it."
Fact - Democrats overwhelmingly took the vaccine while a much higher number of republicans rejected it.

Game set and match.

The fact that Biden subsequently won the election doesn't change the above. The vaccine was still developed under Trump and the democrats accepted it. End of story.
The dems overwhelmingly took the 'vaccine' AFTER TRUMP LEFT OFFICE.

You forgot to mention that.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1

Game set and match.

Don't be this guy. We can have reasonable discussions. Don't let this L ruin other good conversations that we could have.

Don't be this guy. We can have reasonable discussions. Don't let this L ruin other good conversations that we could have.
Thank you for recognizing that you couldn't make any argument to refute my last post. At least that is somewhat of an admission on your part. I am well aware that its important to you to keep up your standing here in the looney bin, so its time to let it go.

We will both just say that you won (-;

Peace.

• Love
Thank you for recognizing that you couldn't make any argument to refute my last post. At least that is somewhat of an admission on your part. I am well aware that its important to you to keep up your standing here in the looney bin, so its time to let it go.

We will both just say that you won (-;

Peace.

Good Lord.

And after the great rebranding.

It's whatever...he's going to dig his heels in and ignore verifiable inconvenient history. I can live with it.
I remember thinking when Cuomo announced that he wasn't going to let the shot in NYC, that THIS might actually wake up the left.

They didn't even blink.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT