ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Solves High Gas Prices

Gas prices normally come down this time of year. This is due in large part to seasonal demand patterns. From the supply side, the gasoline Reid Vapor Pressure is allowed to increase to make gasoline more volatile for cold-weather starting.

This time of year, refiners put normal butane (C4H10) into the gasoline up to the RVP spec. This increases supply, putting further downward pressure on prices.

The opposite is true in the spring and summer when refiners have to take butane out of the gasoline pool to meet lower RVP specs. This obviously decreases supply right when demand picks up for late spring and summer, contributing to the seasonal rise in prices.
Ok, I’ll buy that but crude has also dropped 15% this month, from $90 to $77 per barrel. Of course Biden has nothing to do with that either but don’t tell that to the Gentlemen 😏ITT that think Biden controls gas prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
Ok, I’ll buy that but crude has also dropped 15% this month, from $90 to $77 per barrel. Of course Biden has nothing to do with that either but don’t tell that to the Tards ITT that think Biden controls gas prices.
The strong dollar is holding down crude prices worldwide. Biden releasing oil from the SPR a
has had an incremental effect, which was / is an ill-advised practice.

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the board.

Reactions: gatordad3
The strong dollar is holding down crude prices worldwide. Biden releasing oil from the SPR a
has had an incremental effect, which was / is an ill-advised practice.

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the board.
Why is releasing oil from the SPR a bad practice? He had to do “something” even though as you say it’s had minimal impact.

Release oil when prices are high, then buy it back when prices are low and we have excess supply. Seems to make economic sense to me.

Why is releasing oil from the SPR a bad practice? He had to do “something” even though as you say it’s had minimal impact.

Release oil when prices are high, then buy it back when prices are low and we have excess supply. Seems to make economic sense to me.
SPR releases are for national emergencies, not a political crisis that Biden was facing back in the summer. Trump attempted to re-stock the SPR when prices were low during the pandemic to help keep producers from having to shut in production, but he was rebuffed by Congress.

Biden’s actions dampened the price signals that would have spurred additional domestic production. He has attempted to set a floor on oil prices by triggering SPR refills at a certain price ($70/bbl??). This is a small bone to throw at Oil & Gas industry, but now we have to replenish the SPR at a higher price and have a reduced inventory to weather a true emergency.

Again, I don’t assign complete blame or credit to Biden for the ups and downs of the industry. I’ve said before that the Biden administration is no friend to O&G. Yet without us, the economy would literally grind to a halt.

Ok, I’ll buy that but crude has also dropped 15% this month, from $90 to $77 per barrel. Of course Biden has nothing to do with that either but don’t tell that to the Tards ITT that think Biden controls gas prices.
So El Ratón tags the mods when someone calls him a name but drops a “tard” in his post and it’s ok. Mind you, he just white knighted for his brother Ray Sharpton.

So El Ratón tags the mods when someone calls him a name but drops a “tard” in his post and it’s ok. Mind you, he just white knighted for his brother Ray Sharpton.
Waaaa. Deal with it.

Thanks for participating in the GOAT.

😎

Just filled up the wife’s new 2023 Telluride. Gas down to 2.71. I took a picture so I could facepalm Banafan again.

Here’s a hint for you people that can’t afford to put gas in your pickup trucks and tiny boats. Consider buying a Prius. Those are made for people like you.
You buying a POS Kia is no different than buying a Prius. I'd take any Toyota over a Kia any day. Hell, you may as well brag about your Dodge Caravan. A Kia Telluride?

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
Waaaa. Deal with it.

Thanks for participating in the GOAT.

😎
goats-licking.gif

You buying a POS Kia is no different than buying a Prius. I'd take any Toyota over a Kia any day. Hell, you may as well brag about your Dodge Caravan. A Kia Telluride?
You don’t know much about cars, do you. Kia is the highest rated SUV and costs more than any vehicle you’ve ever owned. Its the wife’s car so talk to her.

The 2022 Telluride is simply the gold standard of its segment and makes our 2022 10Best list.

PS. I still have my Porsche, so don’t be jelly. Ill bet you drive a 10 year old pickup, don’t you?

Last edited:
You don’t know much about cars, do you. Kia is the highest rated SUV and costs more than any vehicle you’ve ever owned. Its the wife’s car so talk to her.

The 2022 Telluride is simply the gold standard of its segment and makes our 2022 10Best list.

PS. I still have my Porsche, so don’t be jelly. Ill bet you drive a 10 year old pickup, don’t you?
Funny how people no longer read car and driver, just like you're the only dude who reads Vanity Fair magazine. Nobody but you brags about driving a Kia. It might be your wife's but that POS is also in your name. If it was expensive, a fool and his money have parted.

Ki Ki Ki Kia

Last edited:
Funny how people no longer read car and driver, just like you're the only dudd who reads Vanity Fair magazine. Nobody but you brags about driving a Kia. It might be your wife's but that POS is also in your name. If it was expensive, a fool and his money have parted.

Ki Ki Ki Kia

Nobody? LOL. Nice deflection. You do drive a 10 year old pickup, don’t you. If you ask nicely, maybe she’ll let you drive her Kia.

Not that you could afford the gas.

Funny how people no longer read car and driver, just like you're the only dudd who reads Vanity Fair magazine. Nobody but you brags about driving a Kia. It might be your wife's but that POS is also in your name. If it was expensive, a fool and his money have parted.

Ki Ki Ki Kia

Good looking like Jay Leno, without the excuse of a burned off face? 😂

LinearQuarterlyBarnswallow-size_restricted.gif

So much jelly ITT. Who would have thought people would be so upset Biden is driving down gas prices.

Nobody? LOL. Nice deflection. You do drive a 10 year old pickup, don’t you. If you ask nicely, maybe she’ll let you drive her Kia.

Not that you could afford the gas.
My "10 year old pickup" has an upgraded engine along with most parts of it being replaced. I also plan to buy an F250, which costs more than your Kia and "Porsche." I still plan on keeping my current pickup till it dies. Still too many people(friends and family always) begging me to use my truck to haul furniture, appliances, sod, etc.
Oh, my truck will blow whatever you own off the road as well as monster truck styling your low riding POS 4 cylinder engine. I'm also sure my tires cost more than a Ki Ki Ki Kia.

My "10 year old pickup" has an upgraded engine along with most parts of it being replaced. I also plan to buy an F250, which costs more than your Kia and "Porsche." I still plan on keeping my current pickup till it dies. Still too many people(friends and family always) begging me to use my truck to haul furniture, appliances, sod, etc.
Oh, my truck will blow whatever you own off the road as well as monster truck styling your low riding POS 4 cylinder engine. I'm also sure my tires cost more than a Ki Ki Ki Kia.
Damn. I was right. Just a wild guess.

Congrats on the monster truck? You are a walking stereotype. Are you sure you can afford the gas?

Let me take another guess, you’ve got naked women mud flaps, don’t you.

Congrats on the monster truck? You are a walking stereotype. Are you sure you can afford the gas?

Let me take another guess, you’ve got naked women mud flaps, don’t you.
And I'm totally right about your pos German 4 cylinder low ride. Typical Soy boyish of you.

Congrats on the monster truck? You are a walking stereotype. Let me take another guess, you’ve got naked women mud flaps, don’t you.
And yet you don’t see it, even if you look in the mirror. You’re a keeping up with the Jones’s type. You can’t think for yourself and buy things because you think it’s an arms race to who has the nicest things. In reality, no one cares about your things and hence you continue to lie about all of it.

All you have is your lies, your weak trolling and you ratting other people out for the same things you do.

Pride comes before the fall El Ratón. One more slip up by you and it’s game on.

I wouldn't be driving a 30 gallon tank if I couldn't afford it, would I? Still double spacing, I see.

I wouldn't be driving a 30 gallon tank if I couldn't afford it, would I? Still double spacing, I see.
Does double spacing bother you? That seems odd. I learned paragraphs at school. They must not have taught that at wherever you went (not UF, obviously).

If you can afford it, why do you whine so much about gas prices?

This guy tries to flame my wifes Kia Telluride by bragging about a 10 year old pickup and some monster truck he plans to buy some day.

Only in The Parking Lot can you get such things.

Only in the parking lot can you find El Ratón types who lie and snitch about everything.

Call your messiah cucky, ray on all of us for hurting your feelings.

Have you seen the fish I caught?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT