ADVERTISEMENT

Batteries cost more than the car

It was a simple question. We're kicking out almost 13MM BBPD. Where is it going? How much is going to strategic reserves, how much is being sold for export and how much is being sold domestically.

The other question is why.
I to the global oil market like every other commodity. I still don’t get the point of the question I am not a fan of passive aggressive. State your point

Trouble in paradise @Mdfgator ? 🤣

...which start by dispelling the belief that EVs are a new, modern technology. Bryce quotes from a 1901 Los Angeles Times article about how the electric automobile will eclipse other kinds of “motor carriages” as soon as a light-weight battery is developed. A Washington Post article from 1915 promises that “prices on electric cars will continue to drop until they are within reach of the average family.”
Tesla cornered the market on EVs well before other automakers jumped on a fad. Now, that the early adopters are no longer supporting sales volumes and the market isn’t attracting more consumers, Tesla could be the canary in the coal mine as to the future of EV cars.

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
It’s a superior machine, it’s not close. I have said that repeatedly. You need to go test drive one, educate yourself. Otherwise you sound like a bumbling idiot like you do on most things not nat enquier level.

@Mdfgator

Why is your leader and chief continuing to lay people off??? Is he really killing the supercharger project?

I guess more people just need to educate themselves.

@Mdfgator

Why is your leader and chief continuing to lay people off??? Is he really killing the supercharger project?

Unfortunately as we can observe right here in many of our threads...stupid people do not know they are stupid.....

What makes more sense, having savings in the bank for an emergency, or putting savings in the bank AFTER AN EMERGENCY?
well, when you own a business that has cash flows far in excess of what it had, you can invest a bit more in the future and handicap less the nightmare scenario... this isnt rocket science.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
@Mdfgator

tech companies are the most ruthless and competitive businesses out there, the bottom 10% are culled every few years. this aint a government job FATS. you stimi lovers have no clue how ferocious competition gets in the major leagues... NOT a CLUE>

• Haha
well, when you own a business that has cash flows far in excess of what it had, you can invest a bit more in the future and handicap less the nightmare scenario... this isnt rocket science.
Apparently it is, since business regularly stash cash in various accounts in case of lawsuits, etc.

How do you not know this? Hell, when a company gets sued they immediately transfer all the monies that will be spent on trial as well as potential penalties into a separate account and write it off as a loss.

Reactions: fatman76
Apparently it is, since business regularly stash cash in various accounts in case of lawsuits, etc.

How do you not know this? Hell, when a company gets sued they immediately transfer all the monies that will be spent on trial as well as potential penalties into a separate account and write it off as a loss.
yes, yes, but the healthier the business the less it needs to put away as a percentage. we are drilling far more than we ever have, our oil production is higher than anyone elses. doesnt mean the spr doesnt have some insurance value, but its much less than it was when we produced much less. its like insurance on a healthy or sick patient, one costs a heck of a lot more. We have never been healthier..

yes, yes, but the healthier the business the less it needs to put away as a percentage. we are drilling far more than we ever have, our oil production is higher than anyone elses. doesnt mean the spr doesnt have some insurance value, but its much less than it was when we produced much less. its like insurance on a healthy or sick patient, one costs a heck of a lot more. We have never been healthier..
The purpose of the strategic petro reserve:

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR), the world's largest supply of emergency crude oil was established primarily to reduce the impact of disruptions in supplies of petroleum products and to carry out obligations of the United States under the international energy program.

That means if for some reason we had to stop or were forced to stop drilling today, we would have resources to draw upon.

Which means when full we have 55 days or so of oil.

Almost two months to fix the problem or bomb someone back to the stone age or what have you.

You live paycheck to paycheck, admit it.

The SPR is there in case a bomb hits or a war starts or a pandemic hits and we can’t drill.

JFC…

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
The purpose of the strategic petro reserve:

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR), the world's largest supply of emergency crude oil was established primarily to reduce the impact of disruptions in supplies of petroleum products and to carry out obligations of the United States under the international energy program.

That means if for some reason we had to stop or were forced to stop drilling today, we would have resources to draw upon.

Which means when full we have 55 days or so of oil.

Almost two months to fix the problem or bomb someone back to the stone age or what have you.

You live paycheck to paycheck, admit it.
Yes, in the early 70’s we got our ducks kicked in. We are in a much different place now. Not close. We will still use the spr but it’s lost 90+% of its usefulness.

The SPR is there in case a bomb hits or a war starts or a pandemic hits and we can’t drill.

JFC…
Oil went negative when Trump shut us down. Do the maff on that one fats! We will always be able to drill, we are the world leader in oil and gas production for the first time in our history.

Oil went negative when Trump shut us down. Do the maff on that one fats! We will always be able to drill, we are the world leader in oil and gas production for the first time in our history.
I said pandemic,

You retorted that a pandemic stopped us from drilling.

You’re admitting I’m right.

We deserve better trolls.

I said pandemic,

You retorted that a pandemic stopped us from drilling.

You’re admitting I’m right.

We deserve better trolls.
no idiot, oil went below zero, we had too much during the pandemic. We never stopped drilling we stopped consuming due to trumps shutdown of the US economy. Stop being scared of a little virus, the guys that drill, believe me, are not scared of a cold virus. there are some tough poeple left in America.

• Haha
jerkit.gif
jerkit.gif
jerkit.gif
jerkit.gif

scoff3.gif

Having trouble viewing this email? See the online version

The Intersection

Sunday, May 05, 2024​

Rough week for EVs, but not electrification
Hybrids

It's been another rough week for electric vehicles — but not necessarily for electrification.
Hybrids are thriving as the technology that lessens the impact of gasoline prices and reduces carbon emissions without requiring drivers to rethink how they will power their autos.
Toyota is estimated to have trailed GM last month by as little as 10,000 U.S. vehicle sales, thanks in part to the 59 percent jump in sales of "electrified" vehicles, almost all of which were hybrids, accounting for about a third of Toyota's sales.
Ford's hybrid sales jumped 60 percent, powered by the Maverick compact pickup and F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid. In a telling sign of the industry's current preference for hybrids over EVs: Ford led its sales release with the hybrid gain — rather than its 129 percent jump in EV sales. That would not have happened in 2023 or 2022.
In another slight to the EV movement, Cadillac chief John Roth appears to be carving out a little wiggle room to not necessarily meet the brand's goal of being emission-free by 2030.
Roth reiterated that the brand would have an "all-electric portfolio by the end of the decade," but he hedged that GM will "let the customer be our guide" — apparently leaving open the door for continuing to offer, say, a gasoline-powered Escalade SUV.
Not that the equivocation should be a big surprise. Parent company General Motors has said many times that it intends to be emission-free by 2035, but executives have often added the caveat that it would do so only if consumers were willing to come along for the ride.
In the interim, GM is working to bring back plug-in hybrids — and there's been much speculation about what kind of product it might be. GM executives have been extremely discreet about their plans for the powertrain, declining to discuss the specific merits of offering a plug-in hybrid compact crossover or full-size pickup.
Careful readers may recall that Bosch Mobility Americas chief Paul Thomas wrote a guest column touting the benefits of plug-in hybrids for use as work trucks, which must carry heavy loads and operate in all weather conditions.
The pivot toward hybrids is not unique to the U.S. In Europe, EV sales fell 11 percent in March, led by sagging demand in Germany, Sweden and Norway. Gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicle sales also fell significantly. What grew? Plug-in hybrids, albeit by a scant 0.7 percent.
Seeing automakers tap the brakes on EV ambitions, our editorial board this week cautioned automakers against stomping too hard on that pedal.
We respect the desire to reduce losses from the sale of first-generation EVs to a consumer base that's being held back by range anxiety and charger anxiety.
But it's important that they don't lose sight of the need to compete in the long run with the Chinese — even on EVs, where China has a considerable head start.
China's early jump on EVs doesn't have to doom automakers in the U.S. But it could if they pivot too far from EVs. A short-term compromise for today combined with a long-term vision on EVs can position the U.S. to compete — now and in the future.
Jamie Butters, executive edito

everyone knows whats coming and is aware, you never stop raising the bar, thats what competition is all about, never stop the march forward. most of you are not competitors so you dont understand this simple concept. Rest assured, we will have plenty of energy to meet our demands of the future...

what more do the snowflakes want? its certainly not a booming economy with a standard of living that has no equal.... what could it be???? let me think for a second.... MAGA>

Don’t fall for the cup and ball tricks focus on reality and always look forward. I know it’s scary and hard for most of you.

Just want to prove the narrative that Tesla wasn’t really laying off people and simply “slowed down hiring” was total BS.

@Mdfgator - why is there a hiring freeze at a company that’s thriving?

They lay off people all the time I said that. Do your homework fats, all the tech companies do this. Ruthlessly competitive environments. You know nothing about that living in Oklahoma. You have never competed at a high level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT