ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Goldwater, Ben Shapiro and the Civil Rights Act

DCandtheUTBand

Gator Great
Sep 5, 2001
Barry was a civil right champion who opposed the CRA. He was right to do so. If SCOTUS would overturn this as unconstitutional this would be as big as Roe . Maybe bigger. Obergefell should be overturned but if not it is mainly toothless without the CRA.

"But, as Christopher Caldwell has pointed out in "The Age of Entitlement," the Civil Rights Act created a "rival Constitution" dedicated to violating those freedoms in the name of anti-discrimination. One can agree that racial bigotry is evil while still recognizing that the intrusion of the CRA into private behavior – not merely in ending state-sponsored discrimination, which was necessary and appropriate – amounts to a massive expansion of federal power in violation of the Constitution.:"

The woke movement evolved from this mentality.

The prospect of Senator Goldwater as President of the United States has so threatened the health, morality, and survival of our nation that I can not in good conscience fail to take a stand against what he stood for every time we remember him. He only won majorities in his native Arizona and five Deep South states, so that doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nail1988
The prospect of Senator Goldwater as President of the United States has so threatened the health, morality, and survival of our nation that I can not in good conscience fail to take a stand against what he stood for every time we remember him. He only won majorities in his native Arizona and five Deep South states, so that doesn't mean anything.
Your cut and paste game needs work. Talk to @BSC911. Although his grammar is even worse than yours, but english IS his first language.

Ha! LBJ was a lying snake, and possible murder conspirator of a sitting POTUS. He also kept the US in a perpetual war instead of just crushing the Viet Cong and withdrawing. I'm not sure we should have even been there, but damn it, don't half ass it. Should have burned down the jungles with napalm and blitzkrieged Hanoi into oblivion and called it a day. :mad:

Of course, Navigator. I must add that during Kennedy's visit to LBJ's homeland in Texas, Johnson and his associates controlled many of the trip's details. And I can believe Zirbel's position from his book that VP LBJ and his associates in Texas were behind the murder, proven! However, if you need more info about civil rights and personalities who were activists, browse around here because I found argued essay examples about Cesar Chavez. I am impressed by how this labor leader dedicated his life's work to the struggle of farm workers in the US to improve their working and living conditions through negotiating contracts with their employers.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: NavigatorII
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT