ADVERTISEMENT

Over 30 Democrat Senators Call on Biden to Use ‘Full Force of the Federal Government’ to Undermine SCOTUS and Stop States From Restricting Abortion

RvW was just the beginning of the many things that the Feds have over-stepped their Constitutional granted authority on.

We need to continue to take back everything that's for the states or the Sovereign Citizens to decide on, and make laws on.

Like with the graduated/progressive income tax on the Sovereign Citizen's wages.
Like with education.
Like with medicine.
Like with,,, fill in the many blanks....
It seems like our SCJ's are doing just this. Lets see how this next case comes out...but I believe it will be just like that last 2

Reactions: instaGATOR
To ME life begins at conception. I think that anyone who aborts a fetus will have to answer for it one day to God.
I agree. I guess the question is then do we have any moral obligation to do anything about it. I think of the way we view the German citizens during the years leading up to and during WWII. They were complicit in the mass murder of Jews, homosexuals and political opponents. They either turned a blind eye or thought they could not or should not do anything about it. History judges them pretty harshly.

While not basing a law on any moral grounds, I think we can still protect life in the womb through a secular law the same way we protect other life from physical assault. I just get really nervous when people try to base the governance of a society on their interpretation of a religious tradition which may change depending on who is in charge since different religions have vastly different views on everything from who can worship and who is permissible to oppress and potentially eliminate in the name of god.

To me personally, it is clear that there is no other god other than God (Jehovah Yahweh) but I can see both the abuses man has done in His name and the potential for another religious tradition not aligning with authentic biblical Christian beliefs rising to prominence in some future time which would not be as beneficial to our society.

I agree. I guess the question is then do we have any moral obligation to do anything about it. I think of the way we view the German citizens during the years leading up to and during WWII. They were complicit in the mass murder of Jews, homosexuals and political opponents. They either turned a blind eye or thought they could not or should not do anything about it. History judges them pretty harshly.

While not basing a law on any moral grounds, I think we can still protect life in the womb through a secular law the same way we protect other life from physical assault. I just get really nervous when people try to base the governance of a society on their interpretation of a religious tradition which may change depending on who is in charge since different religions have vastly different views on everything from who can worship and who is permissible to oppress and potentially eliminate in the name of god.

To me personally, it is clear that there is no other god other than God (Jehovah Yahweh) but I can see both the abuses man has done in His name and the potential for another religious tradition not aligning with authentic biblical Christian beliefs rising to prominence in some future time which would not be as beneficial to our society.
I agree with everything you say here...but abortion is SO complicated. And they way the left has us figuring our laws, and Constitution, it makes enforcing laws VERY difficult. Think about it...if a woman is pregnant, and someone kills her, in many cases the person gets charged for double murder. So why is it not a crime to end a life after conception?
I just think these people are going to have to answer to a power a LOT greater than our laws. Back to that, though....murder has nothing to do with separation of church and state. And since our science has advanced so much...we now KNOW it IS murder. I think the toothpaste has been squeezed WAY out of the tube, though, and can never be put back in. Unfortunately with the left living in America...we are QUICKLY heading the opposite direction of this, because of their ZERO morals, ethics and honesty

I agree with everything you say here...but abortion is SO complicated. And they way the left has us figuring our laws, and Constitution, it makes enforcing laws VERY difficult. Think about it...if a woman is pregnant, and someone kills her, in many cases the person gets charged for double murder. So why is it not a crime to end a life after conception?
I just think these people are going to have to answer to a power a LOT greater than our laws. Back to that, though....murder has nothing to do with separation of church and state. And since our science has advanced so much...we now KNOW it IS murder. I think the toothpaste has been squeezed WAY out of the tube, though, and can never be put back in. Unfortunately with the left living in America...we are QUICKLY heading the opposite direction of this, because of their ZERO morals, ethics and honesty
I agree. The laws are mutually exclusive in logic. If a woman is driving to an abortion and is hit by a drunk driver such that the baby is killed, that driver can be charged with murder or homicide in certain states. However, had she made it to her appointment, the doctor who causes the exact same outcome is not only not charged with a crime, he or she is actually paid for their service. So have we reduced the definition of life to only that life which is wanted...and then wanted by whom.

It is even stranger that women who get pregnant can choose to kill their unborn baby without the father's consent, yet if she chooses to have the baby, he is on the hook for child support for 18 years. Why does the woman get unilateral decision making authority over abortion when it takes two people to make a baby? Then, if he does not want the child, why does he have to take responsibility for 18 years if she does? Seems like personal responsibility in that scenario is a one-way street.

I agree, in a secular civil society, murder is defined as the unlawful taking of human life without justification, plain and simple. How we define human life and unlawful changes whether the killing of a person is murder or simply a neutral act. A secular society does not have morality, since morality must be absolute and come from a higher power. Therefore, we only have lawful and unlawful actions based on a social covenant (enacted laws) which allow or prohibit specific behavior. That is one of the reasons I cringe whenever a person who does not believe in God or any higher power starts lecturing anyone about the morality of actions. They are either illogical or ignorant since absolute morality must have a source higher than humanity. If it does not, then morality shifts over time based on mob rule and it is not really morality...but I digress, lol.

@sadgator you once told me to calm down, that the left wasn't coming for our guns.

I'm sorry I couldn't make you the same promise about us coming for your abortions.

Capt Ron, I am interested in your perspective. I agree that the role of government is not to force morality on anyone. That is a really bad idea since the source of morality can change with the make up of the demographic. However, as a Christian, how do you see abortion? Is it morally wrong to you but you don't think it is your purview to force your morality on another or do you think it is potentially not immoral because you are unsure of where to find life begins, or at least protected life?
Well that's the first problem. The law shouldn't be determined by religion. Roe v Wade was unconstitutional, and that's why it was overturned.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
Well that's the first problem. The law shouldn't be determined by religion. Roe v Wade was unconstitutional, and that's why it was overturned.
THIS is why it was important to me to end. And I am ALL for them finding more unconstitutional areas, and correcting them after lawsuits are filed

I whole heartedly agree. We can have self governance without resorting to a religious basis for law. Theocracies are traditionally really bad since they will ultimately devolve into despotism as all a ruler need say is that "god" told me as a basis for a law which has horrific consequences if the people in power have bad motives.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT