ADVERTISEMENT

Arik Gilbert to UF!!

LOL. Bowers is going to be an AA.
Washington should be back for Arky this weekend.
Yeah, he’s really been eating those vandy and uab db’s alive 😂. Rivalry aside, I’m not sure anyone really knows what kind of team you guys are. Arkansas is going to be a tough game. I wouldn’t want to play them right now.

So your coaches offer but don't intend to actually sign a recruit???
Coaches with their pants on fire.... 🤔 (and 5-stars bailing in the portal)

Everyone has measurables, but not everyone gets the needed coaching, as UGly has proven repeatedly.
"What happens to all of those 4-5 star recruits after they arrive in Athens?" -- Spurrier

Gator TE's to the NFL

1969 - Jim Yarbourgh - Lions
1976 - Al Darby - Seahawks
1977 - Jimmy Stephens - Steelers
1983 - Chris Faulkner - Cowboys
1983 - Mike Mularkey - 49'ers
-----
2000 - Erron Kinney - Titans
2003 - Aaron Walker- 49'ers
2004 - Ben Troupe - Titans
2009 - Cornelius Ingram - Eagles
2010 - Aaron Hernandez - Patriots
2013 - Jordan Reed - Redskins
2021 - Kyle Pitts - Falcons -
Kyle became the highest drafted TE (1/4) in NFL history.
~~ Since 2000, UF is averaging an NFL drafted TE every 3 years....

~ While other Gator TE's like Trey Burton have gone on to NFL careers as undrafted F/A's.... Trey went to SB LII with the Eagles 2014-17, then later played for the Bears 2018-19 and Colts 2020.

The difference between having a HC with 4-5 star recruiting money bags, and a HC that can coach up 2-3 stars to the NFL.... (you figure out which is which at UF / UGly....)
Since we are just throwing lists, here's the UGA TE that went on the NFL

Year, Round, Pick, Overall

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
So your coaches offer but don't intend to actually sign a recruit???
Coaches with their pants on fire.... 🤔 (and 5-stars bailing in the portal)

Everyone has measurables, but not everyone gets the needed coaching, as UGly has proven repeatedly.
"What happens to all of those 4-5 star recruits after they arrive in Athens?" -- Spurrier

Gator TE's to the NFL

1969 - Jim Yarbourgh - Lions
1976 - Al Darby - Seahawks
1977 - Jimmy Stephens - Steelers
1983 - Chris Faulkner - Cowboys
1983 - Mike Mularkey - 49'ers
-----
2000 - Erron Kinney - Titans
2003 - Aaron Walker- 49'ers
2004 - Ben Troupe - Titans
2009 - Cornelius Ingram - Eagles
2010 - Aaron Hernandez - Patriots
2013 - Jordan Reed - Redskins
2021 - Kyle Pitts - Falcons -
Kyle became the highest drafted TE (1/4) in NFL history.
~~ Since 2000, UF is averaging an NFL drafted TE every 3 years....

~ While other Gator TE's like Trey Burton have gone on to NFL careers as undrafted F/A's.... Trey went to SB LII with the Eagles 2014-17, then later played for the Bears 2018-19 and Colts 2020.

The difference between having a HC with 4-5 star recruiting money bags, and a HC that can coach up 2-3 stars to the NFL.... (you figure out which is which at UF / UGly....)
Would you like a recent list of lower ranked Dawgs now in the NFL? Like first rounders Stokes and Jim Thorpe winner Baker? LOL.
BTW, Spurrier's quip was from the 90s.

Yeah, he’s really been eating those vandy and uab db’s alive 😂. Rivalry aside, I’m not sure anyone really knows what kind of team you guys are. Arkansas is going to be a tough game. I wouldn’t want to play them right now.
Most of our starters played about a quarter against Vandy and UAB.
I think we'll be okay against Arky even though it's the largest line ever in a top 10 SEC game.

He's a fool because you don't proclaim a freshman the best in the country at their position based on one play. If someone posted that AR 15 was the best QB in the country based on his run against USF where he tweaked his hamstring, well, what would you think of that? And while you said he was a non-UGa guy, YOU POSTED IT TO BOLSTER YOUR ARGUMENT, which meant you endorsed that position, so you are just as big a fool as he is.

But you see, he's one of those people who needs eyeballs on his tweets, so he goes in for hyperbole. He's a fool on purpose, to catch your attention. Doesn't mean he really believes what he posts. But you believed it enough to use it as "evidence" to back your claim, so it shows you also don't understand how twitter works.

The fact I have to explain these things to you, like you were a simpleton with no idea how the world works, well, that would be fairly accurate, wouldn't it?
So you’re admitting you were wrong about his speed and didn't know anything about him? That's what started our discussion.

So you’re admitting you were wrong about his speed and didn't know anything about him? That's what started our discussion.
I was exactly 100% correct about him and his "speed". Too slow in the pattern to be a WR, too small to be an elite TE.

I was 100% correct when I stated only a fool would think one catch makes a guy the best tight end in the country.

And look, here's an article from August, where it clearly states that Bowers was going to be fighting to be #3, NUMBER THREE on the depth chart, and that as soon as your #1 TE returned from his foot injury, he would be doing developmental work, because he's NUMBER THREE ON THE DEPTH CHART.

If you tell me one more time about how the guy fighting to be the third best TE on your roster is actually the best in the country, I am going to call shenanigans any time you claim that you have a position group that has less than elite talent due to youth or injuries, because YOU BELIEVE YOUR THIRD STRING IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

I was exactly 100% correct about him and his "speed". Too slow in the pattern to be a WR, too small to be an elite TE.

I was 100% correct when I stated only a fool would think one catch makes a guy the best tight end in the country.

And look, here's an article from August, where it clearly states that Bowers was going to be fighting to be #3, NUMBER THREE on the depth chart, and that as soon as your #1 TE returned from his foot injury, he would be doing developmental work, because he's NUMBER THREE ON THE DEPTH CHART.

If you tell me one more time about how the guy fighting to be the third best TE on your roster is actually the best in the country, I am going to call shenanigans any time you claim that you have a position group that has less than elite talent due to youth or injuries, because YOU BELIEVE YOUR THIRD STRING IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.
Take the L

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Dude... you said the guy was slow. I showed you 21.9 mph. LMAO

What happened with him today. Was he in on many plays or was the former starter getting most of the snaps? I just saw the one play where the QB threw into good coverage on him and almost got picked.

What happened with him today. Was he in on many plays or was the former starter getting most of the snaps? I just saw the one play where the QB threw into good coverage on him and almost got picked.
We did what we needed to do against that umbrella defense. We ran the ball. I have no complaints after a top 10 win by 37 points.

We did what we needed to do against that umbrella defense. We ran the ball. I have no complaints after a top 10 win by 37 points.
They are definitely not a team that is going to be able to come from behind. I think getting those quick scores took them out of what they try to do.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Dude... you said the guy was slow. I showed you 21.9 mph. LMAO
He didn't run 21.9 MPH. He hit that as a top speed. That isn't football speed. As I stated, he's SLOW IN THE PATTERN. Can't change direction and hit speed in two steps to get separation. This is why he's a TE, even though he is WR size, they run simpler more straightforward patterns, not so many cuts. I already explained that to you once.

Look at it like this, he's never going to be a TE at the next level, too small. Never be a WR, too slow. I'd say he should move to linebacker, but then you would tell me you already have the best linebackers in the country on your linebacker 3rd string right? So he should probably transfer and see if he can learn the position while he still has time.

Arik Gilbert 6-5 255 So - At Ugly - 2 for 16 Yds, 1 TD
Don't really want him.
Don't need him either.
IF the Gator coaches can do their jobs anyway....

Possible Gator TE's for 2023:

Dante Zanders 6-5 262 Grad-rsSr - 13 Gms, 7 starts
Keon Zipperer 6-1 246 Sr - 8 Gms, 6 starts
-----
Jonathan Odom 6-5 237 rsJr - 9 Gms (7 for 69 Yds, 2 TD's
Noah Keeter 6-5 230 Grad-rsJr - 11 Gms, mostly ST's
Aris Boardingham 6-3 235 rsFr - Appeared in Bowl
-----
Hayden Hansen 6-6 256 rsFr - No action, redshirt.
Scott Isacks III 6-4 248 rsFr - No action, PWO
-----
Tony Livingston 6-4 260 Fr - 2022 Gray Shirt
HS Career Stats - 49 for 631 Yds, 12.9 Yd/Rec, 8 TD's

Don't really want him.
Don't need him either.

-----
-----
-----

I think Livingston is being made into a lineman. I think I read that somewhere anyway.

Livingston originally committed to Florida under the Gators' previous coaching staff and was viewed as a developmental offensive lineman. First-year head coach Billy Napier thoroughly disagreed with that evaluation a year ago, however, due to Livingston's size upon signing.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Livingston originally committed to Florida under the Gators' previous coaching staff and was viewed as a developmental offensive lineman. First-year head coach Billy Napier thoroughly disagreed with that evaluation a year ago, however, due to Livingston's size upon signing.

Interesting. If he can catch the ball he should get on the field a lot.

Interesting. If he can catch the ball he should get on the field a lot.
Basketball / Tight End Tony Livingston Wants To Play Basketball As Well By Eric Fawcett - July 15, 2022
As the football fans reading this will know, Tony Livingston is a 6’6”, 230 pound...

And Dan although recruiting him as a possible OL, also was looking at him as a possible TE, depending on how he did when he arrived.

Tony would gain weight (around 270-280 during football season, then lose weight back down into the 230-240 range to play basketball. He's an athlete that could do either, depending on how things went after his arrival. It's my own belief that his best football position will be at TE. Basketball means he has good hands, and he can run...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gator Fever
So, does anyone still believe that we need an Ear-ache (Arik).... 😉

Tony playing both ways O & D, TE and DE, they got some tough talented kids coming out of Seffner.
Looks like he can catch the ball to me....

I wonder why he didn't go to Armwood?The schools are less than 1/2 mile apart.

Don't really want him.
Don't need him either.

-----
-----
-----
Not really wanting Gilbert but major of that list is Mickey Mouse of some 6-7 squad that couldn't step up vs FSU and Oregon State.

Coaching
Game planning
Play calling
QB competence
But it's the Mickey Mouse TE's that were the problem????

Whatever you say TG....
😁

PS -- While I believe that the Gator's 'best 'receiving TE potential' will be playing at SCa in 23.... 😒

It's really sad to see guys with God-given athletic talent squander the opportunities afforded to them. Gilbert obviously needs to be held accountable for his actions, but hopefully at some point he can get his life straightened out.

Best part of this thread is when you go back and read the comments and now realize that LG89 owned gwinett.

So, does anyone still believe that we need an Ear-ache (Arik).... 😉

😜
Tony playing both ways O & D, TE and DE, they got some tough talented kids coming out of Seffner.
Looks like he can catch the ball to me....

Livingston is now the surprise starter at TE.... 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT