ADVERTISEMENT

All-time low unemployment numbers

Remember that, the next time you go to leave a post like this:

What gets so old is your gaslighting.
Be careful.

its-a-trap.gif

• Love
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I sincerely hope the recession prediction is wrong…
Recession???? How is it that we have a 'blistering hot economy'.....yet we are possibly headed toward recession????

This would be like going to your doctor and having this conversation:

Doc - "Well Doug, just got the test results back, everything looks amazing. Heart, lungs, you have the body of an 18 year-old, my friend! Best report I've seen in years!"

You - "Wow doctor that's awesome! Great news to start the weekend! Well, I guess I'll see you in 6 months for my next checkup?"

Doc - "Well, I'm not so sure. I only give you 3 months to live, 4 at the outside. In fact I'd suggest you go ahead and meet with an estate planner now about getting your finances in order for your next of kin..."

Sheep never think to question.

Well this isn’t good news.

Derp. The Stock market sure thought it was, up 700 points.

April’s payrolls report showed huge gains in the health care and social assistance industry — an increase of more than 64,000 jobs — while government positions swelled 23,000.

Growth in those jobs is a positive development for women and people of color in particular, said Spriggs, as they tend to hold managerial positions in the health and public service industries.

“The fact that those sectors are doing well and still hiring, that’s good news for issues of equity,” he said.

Haters gonna hate.

Derp. The Stock market sure thought it was, up 700 points.

April’s payrolls report showed huge gains in the health care and social assistance industry — an increase of more than 64,000 jobs — while government positions swelled 23,000.

Growth in those jobs is a positive development for women and people of color in particular, said Spriggs, as they tend to hold managerial positions in the health and public service industries.

“The fact that those sectors are doing well and still hiring, that’s good news for issues of equity,” he said.

Haters gonna hate.
Still posting snippets of articles instead of revealing you’re reading Vogue I see?

I’m not hating, CNBC is. They must really have it out for Biden.

Definitely don't believe this.
Everything is mixed right now. I don’t think anyone knows what’s next.

But the whole point of raising interest rates is to slow growth and inflation. If they went too far too fast…I just think people are on edge a little.

We need hiring to keep up and consumer spending to stay strong over the next few months. Another 0.3% increase in unemployment in a month would be really bad news (unless labor force participation increases significantly).

The industry I’m in seems strong, not on fire but healthy.

Still posting snippets of articles instead of revealing you’re reading Vogue I see?

I’m not hating, CNBC is. They must really have it out for Biden.
Derp. That quote was from the article YOU posted, dumbass, which I guess you didn't even read. I swear this is the dumbest Board in all of the internet.

The jobs report was universally accepted as positive. Get a clue.

And who doesn’t like Vogue?

Last edited:
Derp. That quote was from the article YOU posted, dumbass, which I guess you didn't even read. I swear this is the dumbest Board in all of the internet.

Lol. I just think it's more of people trying to hate on Biden at all cost, they it forces them to say crazy things.

Reactions: BSC911
Everything is mixed right now. I don’t think anyone knows what’s next.

But the whole point of raising interest rates is to slow growth and inflation. If they went too far too fast…I just think people are on edge a little.

We need hiring to keep up and consumer spending to stay strong over the next few months. Another 0.3% increase in unemployment in a month would be really bad news (unless labor force participation increases significantly).

The industry I’m in seems strong, not on fire but healthy.
Recession is something that have been coming since the day Biden got elected. People can't let it go.

I don’t like Vogue.

My bad, I read several articles after I came across that CNBC snippet. I failed to memorize them all. But that article, like the rest I read, showed it’s a mixed bag right now a month after we were spiking the football over the lowest unemployment, like, ever.

And since you’re so excited about “equity”, why didn’t you post this excerpt?

“The Black unemployment rate fell for quirky reasons in a way,” said AFL-CIO chief economist William Spriggs. That’s because the labor force participation rate for Black workers declined in April, he said, dropping to 63% from 64.1% in March. For Black men, the rate slipped to 67.8% from 70.5%.

I don’t like Vogue.

My bad, I read several articles after I came across that CNBC snippet. I failed to memorize them all. But that article, like the rest I read, showed it’s a mixed bag right now a month after we were spiking the football over the lowest unemployment, like, ever.

And since you’re so excited about “equity”, why didn’t you post this excerpt?

“The Black unemployment rate fell for quirky reasons in a way,” said AFL-CIO chief economist William Spriggs. That’s because the labor force participation rate for Black workers declined in April, he said, dropping to 63% from 64.1% in March. For Black men, the rate slipped to 67.8% from 70.5%.
A couple of things. First the jobs numbers are considered more comprehensive than the unemployment number since they survey businesses. The numbers converge over time but can fluctuate on a month to month basis. I wouldn’t get too excited about any one month’s figures as there can be statistical variations.

Regarding the black LPR, note that the previous month showed a big increase. Again, this can be just a statistical anomaly. Drawing a trend line since 2021 still shows a strongly favorable trend to near record highs.

And the other reason I didn’t post that is that I generally don’t distinguish between races. It can be very misleading as there are many different factors involved. In fact, I have never seen it broken down that way but was surprised to see white people had the lowest LPR. That must be the Trump voters.

PS. I just noticed your article is from April but the jobs report is for May. Another facepalm.

Last edited:
Recession is something that have been coming since the day Biden got elected. People can't let it go.
Indeed, it’s actually more unusual to NOT have a recession over an extended period of time. The key is how long and how deep. All recessions aren’t created equal.

Reactions: fatman76
A couple of things. First the jobs numbers are considered more comprehensive than the unemployment number since they survey businesses. The numbers converge over time but can fluctuate on a month to month basis. I wouldn’t get too excited about any one month’s figures as there can be statistical variations.

Regarding the black LPR, note that the previous month showed a big increase. Again, this can be just a statistical anomaly. Drawing a trend line since 2021 still shows a strongly favorable trend to near record highs.

And the other reason is that I didn’t post is that I generally don’t distinguish between races. It can be very misleading as there are many different factors involved. In fact, I have never seen it broken down that way but was surprised to see white people had the lowest LPR. That must be the Trump voters.

PS. I just noticed your article is from April but the jobs report is for May. Another facepalm.
You’re a walking talking contradiction.

I know the article was from April, it’s the same article opie posted to start this thread (but I guess that’s too hard to figure out). It was used a foil vs the clip I shared.

And you don’t distinguish between races but you literally just pulled a snippet that did exactly that?

Indeed, it’s actually more unusual to NOT have a recession over an extended period of time. The key is how long and how deep. All recessions aren’t created equal.
Agree.

People act like the economy going in cycles is the anomaly. Let’s just hope the fed didn’t over correct.

You’re a walking talking contradiction.

I know the article was from April, it’s the same article opie posted to start this thread (but I guess that’s too hard to figure out). It was used a foil vs the clip I shared.

And you don’t distinguish between races but you literally just pulled a snippet that did exactly that?
I was merely responding to your post which seemed to imply there’s a big problem with black LPR even though it’s near historical highs. Like you’re cherry picking any slightly negative stat. Like I said, I’ve never really looked at it that way before, but what else would you expect me to respond to.

Hey, if you don’t think the employment market is exceptionally strong, then go for it. You’ll sound like a hyper partisan lackey, but that’s nothing new.

And I didn’t bother to go thru the entire thread, just your last post. Sorry.

I was merely responding to your post which seemed to imply there’s a big problem with black LPR even though it’s near historical highs. Like you’re cherry picking any slightly negative stat. Like I said, I’ve never really looked at it that way before, but what else would you expect me to respond to.

Hey, if you don’t think the employment market is exceptionally strong, then go for it. You’ll sound like a hyper partisan lackey, but that’s nothing new.

And I didn’t bother to go thru the entire thread, just your last post. Sorry.
I never said it wasn’t strong, it was just concerning it moved the wrong direction so quickly.

All my posts were genuine concern that the CNBC comment was an alarmist reaction. I don’t want to see a recession, regardless of who’s in charge.

We went from a celebratory tone to liberal pundits warning of a recession in a month. Normally the MSM is much more friendly when we have a democrat president.

Some undeniable truths: Consumer credit card debt nears historical highs. Most Americans are drowning in the Biden inflationary tidal wave. Biden's approval is in the pits. Mark Zuckerberg spent $400 million on the 2020 election, mostly on stuffed drop boxes. Zuckerberg says he'll spend nothing on the 2024 election. Kamala approval is lower than Brandon.

• Wow
Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT