ADVERTISEMENT

ACC wants 10 games plus 1 model

Turns out the "next two on the rotation " was just a writer speculating and it grew legs. Latest is they are going to reexamine the whole schedule.

Yea but on the bright side we wont get railroaded by them for the first time in awhile

Who cares...I'd rather play uf. We have no idea how the game would have turned out this year. I can promise it couldn't be worse then having Taggart behind the wheel.

If you havent notice, this series is nothing but peaks and valleys. Its our turn to be in the valley as uf left it nice and warm for us a few years ago. It wont last forever.

After reading this thread, I still sense a fear of "Jimbo" from uf fans. Dayum...

Who cares...I'd rather play uf. We have no idea how the game would have turned out this year. I can promise it couldn't be worse then having Taggart behind the wheel.

If you havent notice, this series is nothing but peaks and valleys. Its our turn to be in the valley as uf left it nice and warm for us a few years ago. It wont last forever.

After reading this thread, I still sense a fear of "Jimbo" from uf fans. Dayum...

We still have slim at QB

Seriously what would the ACC & SEC offices do if Clemson/SCar, GaTech/UGA, FSU/UF played games anyways? Whether at the beginning or the end of the season?

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
They could hire refs from another conference or find independent referees for the game.

This actually works out great for us but im interested to see u guys play jimbo and bama again.

fsu939913,

I can see why you would be !

But hold on Kemo Sabe -

"...A rumor began circulating and picked up steam that the SEC would just pick the cross-divisional opponent for 2021 and 2022 and put them on the schedule in 2020, creating an even 10 games.

That was total speculation and spit-balling,” Stricklin shot down the rumor Thursday.

I started a new topic on this if you are interested.

fsu939913,

I can see why you would be !

But hold on Kemo Sabe -

"...A rumor began circulating and picked up steam that the SEC would just pick the cross-divisional opponent for 2021 and 2022 and put them on the schedule in 2020, creating an even 10 games.

That was total speculation and spit-balling,” Stricklin shot down the rumor Thursday.

I started a new topic on this if you are interested.

I know, ive seen you post this at least 20 times since you found out lol I appreciate the info tho.... I honestly do want to see both of those games tho (jimbo vs the Gators) and i want to see bama play you guys. Bama is always the measuring stick and you guys are building a good team. I think its close

I don’t think we are in a position to potentially squander air time. We are in a massive rebuild and need to be showcased at every opportunity to play in front of recruits. Both conferences are adding two games, UF adding a game(s) like Bama and/or A&M gets them on tv. Hell, they just hold their own against Bama and they look more appealing to instate recruits. Who are we going to add? Duke or Virginia? Neither of those draw more attention, they’ll be noon games people flip back and forth between other games.

Norvell has gotten off to a rocky start. We need exposure for the long run if only to show higher rated recruits the opportunity to play early for an exciting offense/team. Saving ourselves from one year of misery against Florida doesn’t help in the long run of what is a massive rebranding and rebuild.

I think that there will be some resistance from FSU about playing in Gainesville twice in a row....not just field advantage, but ticket sales lost, TV ACC game lost, etc.

Maybe a call for a neutral site game with splitting of funds/tickets....or skip another year to get back on schedule.

I think that there will be some resistance from FSU about playing in Gainesville twice in a row....not just field advantage, but ticket sales lost, TV ACC game lost, etc.

Maybe a call for a neutral site game with splitting of funds/tickets....or skip another year to get back on schedule.

Roady,

Good point about two in a row in G'ville !

Could live with a neutral site game - Orlando or Tampa make the most sense for that. Tampa, more seats for better payday.

Skipping another year doesn't appeal to me or probably too many other fans.

FSU should not lose the revenue for a home game since UF chose to not play at Tally this year after FSU said they would.

2021 game should be neutral site w/revenues split. Back to normal in 2022.

UF should have voted for 10+1 sched, then they could play the “it wasn’t our decision it was the SEC that stopped it” card.

FSU should not lose the revenue for a home game since UF chose to not play at Tally this year after FSU said they would.

UF should have voted for 10+1 sched, then they could play the “it wasn’t our decision it was the SEC that stopped it” card.

Cool story, bro.

Don’t just make stuff up or you aren’t going to last long.

Don’t just make stuff up or you aren’t going to last long.

pppfffttttttt. I’ve been here longer than you have.

And what did I make up? USC was the only SEC school to vote for the rivalry game.

Last edited:
Turns out the "next two on the rotation " was just a writer speculating and it grew legs. Latest is they are going to reexamine the whole schedule.

I can give you six reasons why:

Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
LSU
Auburn
TAMU

They would have all been on Bama's schedule if we added the next two in the rotation. Can't have that!

Im not sure he is starting. Well if he starts, cool, I guess. If not, I wouldnt care.

uf game would have been a great final exam for this unknown season. I wished we would have played.

All those other QBs willie recruited....

The SEC couldn’t play the conference plus one games and still get out of the other non-conference games contractually....FYI...that is why they did what they did...

that being said, sadgator really disagrees with the way the SEC has handled this....

honestly, the entire situation is so screwed up at this point it may kill college football forever...sadgator is serious...it is going to take years to sort out and work through the mess that the 2020 rescheduling has created...

it is terrible for those of us who love this sport....

At 50, sadgator is really starting to reflect on Simply being satisfied that he got to live college football at its height while he was relatively young....it’ll likely never go back to being the game we all loved so much ever again...

Reactions: PacoGator19
The SEC couldn’t play the conference plus one games and still get out of the other non-conference games contractually....FYI...that is why they did what they did...

that being said, sadgator really disagrees with the way the SEC has handled this....

honestly, the entire situation is so screwed up at this point it may kill college football forever...sadgator is serious...it is going to take years to sort out and work through the mess that the 2020 rescheduling has created...

it is terrible for those of us who love this sport....

At 50, sadgator is really starting to reflect on Simply being satisfied that he got to live college football at its height while he was relatively young....it’ll likely never go back to being the game we all loved so much ever again...

I think what will end up happening is 16 team conference and u play only ur conference into a 4 or 8 team playoff

I think what will end up happening is 16 team conference and u play only ur conference into a 4 or 8 team playoff

Look at it from a survival standpoint. College football's food supply is money. There is suddenly a major food shortage. The strong will survive, but a LOT will die off (or at least become a lot smaller). Covid might end up being the impetus that pushes us to the Super-A Division we all knew would happen eventually. 64, or maybe 48 teams, broken up into divisions, leading to a playoff. Similar to the pros. The rest would fall back to a much smaller and more affordable model.

Reactions: fsu939913
I can give you six reasons why:
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
LSU
Auburn
TAMU (+ Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State & Arkansas)

They would have all been on Bama's schedule if we added the next two in the rotation. Can't have that!

LG89,

Good Call !

Another poster alluded to Bama's possible tough 2020 schedule, but I never thought it out the way you did !

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT