ADVERTISEMENT

ACC wants 10 games plus 1 model

fsu939913

Bull Gator
Jul 29, 2014
The plus one is so we can get rag dolled by you guys.... Yay. What is the SEC planning?

Normally 8.

So basically you will be playing 1 more game with someone from the west conf? Ive heard one of the proposals for the ACC was creating a bubble and playing the same 5 teams twice but they might have moved on from that since we added ND

We won’t get rag dolled by UF the next time we play. We shall lose by about 13 points but it will be more competitive than the last 2 seasons

So basically you will be playing 1 more game with someone from the west conf? Ive heard one of the proposals for the ACC was creating a bubble and playing the same 5 teams twice but they might have moved on from that since we added ND

fsu939913,

ND has already scheduled 6 ACC games for 2020 - Wake Forest, Pitt, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, & Louisville.

Clemson / ND (at ND) should be a decent game.

ND also has games scheduled with Arkansas, Wisconsin, & USC West.

Big 10 & Pac 12 have stated they will play conference games only, SEC has not yet stated what they plan to do.

Will ND add 2 more ACC games, to replace Wisconsin & USC West ?

If so, who do you think they will add ? .ND has 6 home games now, if they add will it be 1 home & 1 away game ?

Notre Dame is going to get rolled by Clemson but they’ll get monster tv coverage pregame because of the gold helmets. That program is such a joke.

Reactions: fsu939913
fsu939913,

ND has already scheduled 6 ACC games for 2020 - Wake Forest, Pitt, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, & Louisville.

Clemson / ND (at ND) should be a decent game.

ND also has games scheduled with Arkansas, Wisconsin, & USC West.

Big 10 & Pac 12 have stated they will play conference games only, SEC has not yet stated what they plan to do.

Will ND add 2 more ACC games, to replace Wisconsin & USC West ?

If so, who do you think they will add ? .ND has 6 home games now, if they add will it be 1 home & 1 away game ?

As far as i know ND is "joining" the ACC this yr unofficially but officially. What i mean by that is ND can win the ACC this yr but dont have to stay next yr. I believe they will play a 10 game ACC schedule, it isnt finalized but this is what has been proposed

As far as i know ND is "joining" the ACC this yr unofficially but officially. What i mean by that is ND can win the ACC this yr but dont have to stay next yr. I believe they will play a 10 game ACC schedule, it isnt finalized but this is what has been proposed

I have never understood why fans pay such deference to ND !

Fighting Irish about like the Dawgs - The last time Notre Dame won the college football championship was following 1988 season - 1989 Fiesta Bowl - Jan 2, 1989

But the search for a national championship continues on into its third decade in South Bend.

11,531 days since Irish won a Nattie

14,820 days since Dawgs won a Nattie

Notre Dame - 1 CFP Appearance

The 2018 Cotton Bowl Classic was a college football bowl game played on December 29, 2018, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
2018 Cotton Bowl Classic.
Clemson Tigers..............Notre Dame Fighting Irish
30 ............................................3

Last edited:
The Neutered Lame are a Lame Stream Media darling that are perennial over-rated.

Just like ole Jelly-Belly-Kelly is over-rated as a HC.

Money and long past history keep them in the conversation for some.

Reactions: fsu939913

Fighting Irish about like the Dawgs - The last time Notre Dame won the college football championship was following 1988 season - 1989 Fiesta Bowl - Jan 2, 1989

But the search for a national championship continues on into its third decade in South Bend.

The 2018 Cotton Bowl Classic was a college football bowl game played on December 29, 2018, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

It was just released, we play at ND, clemson at home, and the Gators if the SEC approves as well..... Three beat downs in 1 yr coming right up.....minimum

Are you kidding me? Notre Dame's history much stronger than UGA's

Reactions: fsumc and fsu939913
It was just released, we play at ND, clemson at home, and the Gators if the SEC approves as well..... Three beat downs in 1 yr coming right up.....minimum

Your new schedule is pretty tough.

Home: Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia, Florida
Away: Duke, Louisville, Miami (FL), NC State, Notre Dame

I can see you going 2-4 at home, beating Tech and Pitt, and 2-3 on the road, beating Duke and Louisville. 4-7 overall. With the old schedule I thought 7-5 was doable, but you lost Samford, West Va, Boise and Wake. I thought there were at least 3 wins in that group.

Well, maybe you can beat UNC, even with them having that hotshot QB. So 5-6 could happen, but I truly see that as the best possible outcome. I don't see a single sure win in that group. Yes, Tech and NC State were pretty bad last year, but Tech is revamping to a new offensive style and should be improved in year 2, and NC State, well, FSU has struggled in road games there even when big favorites. Go something like 2-9 and Norvelle might find himself scalped.

Having said that, I am not looking forward to seeing what a 10 game SEC schedule might look like for us. Murderer's row for sure.

Are you kidding me? Notre Dame's history much stronger than UGA's

Paco,

Agree with you that ND's history. stronger than the Dawgs; but in the last 30 years they, like the Dawgs, have done nothing to merit their intense
self aggrandizement.

CFB has become what have you done lately !

Therefor we have -
11,532 days since Irish won a Nattie
14,821 days since Dawgs won a Nattie

Your (FSU's) new schedule is pretty tough.

LG89,

New Coach; New System; same old QB, no depth - no kidding !
Can't wait to watch FSU's season unfold !

Just hope we have a season & that SEC approves the plus 1 part of it- USC Least probably could do without the plus 1.

SEC teams who don't have OOC instate rivalry games can probably find a team to use as a tune up.

UAB could be in line for some big pay days with Auburn & Bama

SEC looking at 10 Conf games ONLY right now. Teams would just pick up their next two scheduled oppo Division games. For UF that would be TAMU & Bama. Would suck but it is what it is.
Notre Dame's schedule actually got EASIER this year by playing an ACC schedule.

Your new schedule is pretty tough.

I can see you going 2-4 at home, beating Tech and Pitt, and 2-3 on the road, beating Duke and Louisville. 4-7 overall. With the old schedule I thought 7-5 was doable, but you lost Samford, West Va, Boise and Wake. I thought there were at least 3 wins in that group.

Well, maybe you can beat UNC, even with them having that hotshot QB. So 5-6 could happen, but I truly see that as the best possible outcome. I don't see a single sure win in that group. Yes, Tech and NC State were pretty bad last year, but Tech is revamping to a new offensive style and should be improved in year 2, and NC State, well, FSU has struggled in road games there even when big favorites. Go something like 2-9 and Norvelle might find himself scalped.

Having said that, I am not looking forward to seeing what a 10 game SEC schedule might look like for us. Murderer's row for sure.

Yea we got shafted, no wake forest, BC, or Syracuse. We definitely lose 4 or 5 (Clemson, UNC, Florida, Miami, ND) and depending on how much Norvell can hide slim, probably 1 or 2 more. Gunna be another rough one. Hopefully the schedule sets up to where we play ND, Clemson, and Florida all in November and then corona strikes in a big way cancelling all the games.

SEC looking at 10 Conf games ONLY right now. Teams would just pick up their next two scheduled oppo Division games. For UF that would be TAMU & Bama. Would suck but it is what it is.
Notre Dame's schedule actually got EASIER this year by playing an ACC schedule.

Maybe we can schedule FAU....

Return to normal classes, normal stadium, and a normal season schedule,,, or just shut down Gator sports permanently and remain in our basements with creepy-Joe.

No FSU also. We dropped our cupcake games in FSU and the other 2 non conference games and will likely be picking up Texas A&M and Bama. Schedule just got much much tougher.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
No FSU also. We dropped our cupcake games in FSU and the other 2 non conference games and will likely be picking up Texas A&M and Bama. Schedule just got much much tougher.

The SEC brass could care less about the history and the long-time annual rivalry games in the East. Florida-FSU, Kentucky-Louisville, Georgia-Ga Tech, SoCar-Clemson. All they care about is Alabama and, to a lesser extent, Auburn.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Well I don't think it makes any sense.

it's safer for the ACC-SEC rivalries to play than it is for us to play TAMU.

but whatever.

if Mullen wins 10 games this year that would be something.

I admit it IS really a weird thing not to play UF. It's been a part of my memories since I was just a wee thing. :eek:o_O

Paco,

Curious, are the addition of Bama & aTm guesses on your part or inside info (if you can say) ?

If this worst case scenario takes place how does that impact our 2021 (Bama at BHG) & 2022 (aTm at Kyle Field) schedules ?

Do we just suck it up this year & play them again next two years ?

If so, adding Bama & aTm to UGA & LSU (4 top 10 teams ?) means we are screwed for this year.

Your thoughts appreciated.

It's fun to talk about, but I'll believe there's football this fall when I see the game being played.

Paco,

Curious, are the addition of Bama & aTm guesses on your part or inside info (if you can say) ?

If this worst case scenario takes place how does that impact our 2021 (Bama at BHG) & 2022 (aTm at Kyle Field) schedules ?

Do we just suck it up this year & play them again next two years ?

If so, adding Bama & aTm to UGA & LSU (4 top 10 teams ?) means we are screwed for this year.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Those are the next two on the rotation. We would have picked them up in 21 and 22. Then they likely roll the rotation forward two years. moving Arkansas up to 2021 from 2023, etc.

That's the easiest thing for them to do, because that way there is no concern about the schedule. No worries about accidentally putting the same team on a schedule twice, or giving two away games to one and two home games to another.

What blows is this was going to be the first time in a while that Georgia actually had a tougher SEC slate than us, but where we will pick up Bama and TAMU, they will be getting Arkansas and Mississippi State.

This actually works out great for us but im interested to see u guys play jimbo and bama again.

ADVERTISEMENT