ADVERTISEMENT

A-Hern documentary on the Oxygen Network

Anderson alluded to Hernandez having a relationship with a man in college, though she did not speak explicitly.

Go Canes!

I heard this as well. I mean... not to deride the guy and if anything I wish Tebow had more courage to speak up for the lgbtq community and embrace it, but this is Tebow with his most recent girlfriend...

IMG_20171122_143559-613x633.jpg

I heard this as well. I mean... not to deride the guy and if anything I wish Tebow had more courage to speak up for the lgbtq community and embrace it, but this is Tebow with his most recent girlfriend...

IMG_20171122_143559-613x633.jpg
Would it complete all of your sexual fantasies if Tebow comes out of the closest?

I mean who stalks a rival alumni that hard to find some random picture on The Tivan?

Would it complete all of your sexual fantasies if Tebow comes out of the closest?

I mean who stalks a rival alumni that hard to find some random picture on The Tivan?

Why are you making fun of a guy that gave his all to your university? You're better than that.

Don't turn the attention towards me when you are the one with the Tebow fetish.

lol, I call a spade a spade. Tebow could be the first LGBTQ college superstar and your response based on his sexual identity is to potentially deride the guy. Some "fan" you are. In reality you should be proud to be at the forefront of a social movement. Much like I'm proud of FSU to have the first AA head coach at a major public university in Florida. Let's not forget, this website's own name was "gatorbait" up until a few years ago... Embracing Tebow would go along way to repairing this place's image.

lol, I call a spade a spade. Tebow could be the first LGBTQ college superstar and your response based on his sexual identity is to potentially deride the guy. Some "fan" you are. In reality you should be proud to be at the forefront of a social movement. Much like I'm proud of FSU to have the first AA head coach at a major public university in Florida. Let's not forget, this website's own name was "gatorbait" up until a few years ago... Embracing Tebow would go along way to repairing this place's image.

Charlie Strong laughs at this assertion.
And Randy Shannon and yes I realize Miami isn’t a public school but not sure it matters to be honest.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
lol, I call a spade a spade.

Spade: a derogatory name for African Americans most commonly used post Civil War.

In reality you should be proud to be at the forefront of a social movement. Much like I'm proud of FSU to have the first AA head coach at a major public university in Florida.

Why? Who gives a shit.

In my view its pretty pathetic that we're still talking about this in 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
HEAD COACH.

The rules of holes is to quit digging when you are in one.

I'm still correct because you and I both know UF was never going to give Charlie the gig. You want to pretend your "enlightened" by giving the keys of your largest franchise to an AA head coach, until you found someone better like Will "LOL" Muschamp, by all means do. It looks bad on you but who am I to judge. SMH.

I'm still correct because you and I both know UF was never going to give Charlie the gig. You want to pretend your "enlightened" by giving the keys of your largest franchise to an AA head coach, until you found someone better like Will "LOL" Muschamp, by all means do. It looks bad on you but who am I to judge. SMH.

You realize Strong was already at Louisville when Muschamp was hired? Where is this stupid narrative coming from that UF chose Muschamp over Strong?

You realize Strong was already at Louisville when Muschamp was hired? Where is this stupid narrative coming from that UF chose Muschamp over Strong?

Just sent a SS of this to a bullgator buddy of mine down in Tampa, he got a pretty hearty chuckle out of your post. He had some choice words for the admin and the Muschamp hire, and now I feel I made a mistake opening old wounds. :oops:

I'm still correct because you and I both know UF was never going to give Charlie the gig. ....

No, you are not correct. As me and several others have demonstrated

You want to pretend your "enligtened" by giving the keys of your largest franchise to an AA head coach, ..... SMH.

YOU are the one touting race as a determinate of "enlightenment." That is on you. I could not give a crap about the race of any Florida coach or player. The only thing I look at is this; can he or she coach or play well? Race is immaterial.

Shake my head indeed.

Just sent a SS of this to a bullgator buddy of mine down in Tampa, he got a pretty hearty chuckle out of your post. He had some choice words for the admin and the Muschamp hire, and now I feel I made a mistake opening old wounds. :oops:

Course you did. How bout sharing it with the rest of the class or I call shenanigans.

A stupid narrative generally comes from stupid people.

No question.

And hopefully I don't offend anybody but I always find it weird how it's always white folks wanting to just give black folks jobs. I guess we're too stupid and lazy to actually get positions on merit. You have this guy touting having the first black coach in the state as it its some kind of accomplishment, like a circus show basically. They rule Ole Willy out there to dance for the crowd and brag about how enlightened they are.

No question.

And hopefully I don't offend anybody but I always find it weird how it's always white folks wanting to just give black folks jobs. I guess we're too stupid and lazy to actually get positions on merit. You have this guy touting having the first black coach in the state as it its some kind of accomplishment, like a circus show basically. They rule Ole Willy out there to dance for the crowd and brag about how enlightened they are.
Not to get too political over here, but there is a thing called white guilt. Shelby Steele writes about this a great deal. It goes something like "Hey look at me/us. We recruit and hire black people. We are so enlightened!"

It is the current white people version of the 70s claim of, "Some of my best friends are black."

Racial issues are important in a lot of venues and a lot of different kinds of discussions. But STFU about it, when it is not relevant.

Last edited:
Not to get too political over here, but there is a thing called white guilt. Shelby Steel writes about this a great deal. It goes something like "Hey look at me/us. We recruit and hire black people. We are so enlightened!"

It is the current white people version of the 70s claim of, "Some of my best friends are black."

Racial issues are important in a lot of venues and a lot of different kinds of discussions. But STFU about it, when it is not relevant.

Cosign. Its insulting honestly.

Half the players in college football (Div. 1) are black. 11 percent of their head coaches are black.
64 percent of NCAA basketball players (Div. 1) are black.
20 percent of their head coaches are black.
"Whites made up 84.2 percent, 91.9 percent, and 95.1 percent of basketball, football, and baseball head
coaching positions, respectively, in all divisions combined [in] 2015
"
That same study says that, in Division III, there are more women coaching men's teams than black men coaching men's teams.

You don't think skin color plays a part in that?

Reactions: BucaNole
Half the players in college football (Div. 1) are black. 11 percent of their head coaches are black.
"Whites made up 84.2 percent, 91.9 percent, and 95.1 percent of basketball, football, and baseball head
"
That same study says that, in Division III, there are more women coaching men's teams than black men coaching men's teams.

It probably does, but not in a conveniently PC way. Most colleges require their coaches to have degrees. There is a significant racial gap in graduation rates among athletes. Black basketball players are less likely to graduate for various reasons (sometimes for positive reasons, like they make the NBA and don't need a degree).

tl;dr: Yes, but not because colleges don't want to hire black coaches.

This.

Addendum; skin color plays little, if any, role in the success or failure of any coach.

And if we look at women's basketball, the gender of a coach plays very little role in the success or failure.

It probably does, but not in a conveniently PC way. Most colleges require their coaches to have degrees. There is a significant racial gap in graduation rates among athletes. Black basketball players are less likely to graduate for various reasons (sometimes for positive reasons, like they make the NBA and don't need a degree).

I agree it's not a simple problem or a simple answer. But I do think beyond the reasons you cite, which are legitimate, race is a factor at quite a few schools, where there may be concern how well a black head coach will do with boosters, or with fundraising, or with fans, for that matter.

The lack of degree thing came up at Rutgers when they hired Eddie Jordan, alumni, former NBA player and coach. It turned out he had not graduated from Rutgers, and I believe misstated that on his resume (I think he said he didn't realize he was a few credits short). Rutgers kept him and arranged for him to take some classes to get his degree. He was terrible, as it turned out.

There’s a lot of elements that go into it.

I don’t think race is that big of a deal anymore.

One thing that that tends to be true in a lot of things is that someone who isn’t just naturally gifted may end up being a better coach simply so to them having had to work harder and be more intelligent about the game.

Like it or not, that describes A LOT of white dudes.

Who do you think knows more about football and likely how to coach it?

Peyton Manning or Michael Vick? If Vick weren’t crazy fast back in the day, he would have never made it. He was a mediocre passer at best. Manning couldn’t run at all but was highly cerebral.

I agree it's not a simple problem or a simple answer. But I do think beyond the reasons you cite, which are legitimate, race is a factor at quite a few schools, where there may be concern how well a black head coach will do with boosters, or with fundraising, or with fans, for that matter.

What schools won't hire a black coach? Even Alabama has Avery Johnson. I don't mean to single them out, but they are in the Deep South, so it seems pertinent.

I thought for sure somebody would have brought up Hernandez's autopsy report that showed SEVERE CTE...

CTE is real and I believe it had a lot to do with what happened to Hernandez from the day he started playing football during his youth to him playing in the NFL. What is so bad about CTE is it can only be found after a person dies. Have they found a way to give a person a diagnosis of CTE while alive? They need to make this a priority because it may save a lot of lives.

What do ya'll think CTE played a huge portion of Hernandez's state of mind in decision making and temper?

What schools won't hire a black coach? Even Alabama has Avery Johnson. I don't mean to single them out, but they are in the Deep South, so it seems pertinent.

Put a black head coach in charge of ‘Bama football, and I would agree with you. You have a point though. aTm hired Sumlin. MSU hired Croom.

No, you are not correct. As me and several others have demonstrated

YOU are the one touting race as a determinate of "enlightenment." That is on you. I could not give a crap about the race of any Florida coach or player. The only thing I look at is this; can he or she coach or play well? Race is immaterial.

Shake my head indeed.

As terribke as Buca is he is still owning MJ.....Jesus man realize whats happening

"

Blacks make up 13% of the population so relative to how many blk men there are, they have around that or above that in coaching. Yet whites make up 87% of the population and only 2% of running backs in college football. So racist

Another point is blacks make up the majority of starting spots at p5 schools. So ur 50% thing is stupid. Also, there are tons of blk assistants which u dont take into account but u mentinoned the whites who are not at p5 schools.

Fsu has a blk president, blk basketball head coach, blk football head coach and about 7 assistants just in football who are blk

Last edited:
Yep. And they had Anthony Grant before him. How many black HCs has the SEC had? A bunch. Hell, there has been a bunch in football alone.

Blacks make up 13% of the population so relative to how many blk men there are, they have around that or above that in coaching. Yet whites make up 87% of the population and only 2% of running backs in college football. So racist

Another point is blacks make up the majority of starting spots at p5 schools. So ur 50% thing is stupid. Also, there are tons of blk assistants which u dont take into account but u mentinoned the whites who are not at p5 schools.

Fsu has a blk president, blk basketball head coach, blk football head coach and about 7 assistants just in football who are blk

usa_today_8941592.0.jpg

For a guy who designs bridges, your attention to detail could use a few more suspension cables.

usa_today_8941592.0.jpg

For a guy who designs bridges, your attention to detail could use a few more suspension cables.

I guess AD.... Whoever the blk guy is in charge at our school. I know its one of them. I just dont know which one and didnt feel like looking it up.

So ur next task is posting a pic of stan wilcox. Since ur the picture man.

Also, i dont just design bridges lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT