ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Gator baseball

Almost the same thing as Kevin Durant leaving OKC for Golden State just to win a title, a total b1tch move.

You really think they will come after Sully?
I think they’ll go after the best coaches in the country and throw a bunch of money at them just like they did with Schloss. I would assume that includes Sully unless there’s someone with a connection there that they want. I’m sure if you named the top 5 coaches in the game, they’re all on the list.

I think they’ll go after the best coaches in the country and throw a bunch of money at them just like they did with Schloss. I would assume that includes Sully unless there’s someone with a connection there that they want. I’m sure if you named the top 5 coaches in the game, they’re all on the list.

Corbin is the best in the business. Anyone that can win multiple nattys at Vandy is a miracle worker. But LSU went hard after him and he is staying put. In my mind Tony the Terrible at UT is a hot commodity. So I'm guessing they make a run there. Sully has to be considered top 5. 9 trips to Omaha in 17 seasons. But I don't see him bolting for AM.

Corbin is the best in the business. Anyone that can win multiple nattys at Vandy is a miracle worker. But LSU went hard after him and he is staying put. In my mind Tony the Terrible at UT is a hot commodity. So I'm guessing they make a run there. Sully has to be considered top 5. 9 trips to Omaha in 17 seasons. But I don't see him bolting for AM.
Yeah I’m sure Sully is on their wish list. He’s got it pretty good at UF, however. I believe LSU gave him a look two years ago or whenever Malnieri left.

I read that part of the Schloss situation was some friction with AD Trev Alberts regarding the planned stadium renovations, so that might take a little of the shine off aTm.

Supposedly Schloss at UT has been a done deal since end of the SEC regular season. It’s funny because after they beat us Schloss said Sully had built the standard at UF and that aTm was trying to become a program like UF.

Reactions: gatordad3
Yeah I’m sure Sully is on their wish list. He’s got it pretty good at UF, however. I believe LSU gave him a look two years ago or whenever Malnieri left.

I read that part of the Schloss situation was some friction with AD Trev Alberts regarding the planned stadium renovations, so that might take a little of the shine off aTm.

Supposedly Schloss at UT has been a done deal since end of the SEC regular season. It’s funny because after they beat us Schloss said Sully had built the standard at UF and that aTm was trying to become a program like UF.
Sully does have a good situation at UF. We have a new stadium that ranks as one of the best, established program that has guys going first round, recruiting hotbed, etc.

Does anyone have any integrity anymore?
Thing is I don't mind a coach hauling ass for whatever reason the next day.

Just don't give me the whole, "this is my family - how dare you ask if I'm moving on" spill and then an hour later sign the contract lol. Just say no comment or something like I'm only talking about today's game right now. Geez

Thing is I don't mind a coach hauling ass for whatever reason the next day.

Just don't give me the whole, "this is my family - how dare you ask if I'm moving on" spill and then an hour later sign the contract lol. Just say no comment or something like I'm only talking about today's game right now. Geez
You nailed it!

I would be interested in what Cade has to say about the difference between his excellent freshman year and his disappointing sophomore year. Obviously a talented pitcher, but he seemed to lose his confidence early on, got pulled from being the Friday night starter and then never could get back in the groove.

I would be interested in what Cade has to say about the difference between his excellent freshman year and his disappointing sophomore year. Obviously a talented pitcher, but he seemed to lose his confidence early on, got pulled from being the Friday night starter and then never could get back in the groove.
Yes, I really hate to see it.

That Samford pitcher hasn’t been drafted and reportedly is within range where staying at UF may make sense.

Shelton also not drafted yet. I wonder if he would come back. Would be huge if he did.

The MLB draft is now halfway through the 9th round. Cags was the 6th pick in the first round by the Royals with a $7.2+ million bonus slot. Brandon Neely was the 86th pick (2nd round) by the Red Sox with a slot value of something like $865,000. The only freshman signee selected so far was SS Kellon Lindsey, drafted by the Dodgers in the 1st round with a $3.68 million slot value.

P Fisher Jameson picked in the 10th round by the Rockies - $185,500 slot value. So rounds 1-10 completed with only 3 current Gators and 1 incoming freshman picked. Draft finishes up tomorrow. Could be that Colby Shelton, who was projected a fairly early pick, comes back for another year, as well as Luke Heyman, Ty Evans and Ryan Slater.
FYI - Cade Fisher has transferred to Auburn to play with his BFF Deric Fabian. Fisher had a tremendous freshman year, started off this season as our Friday night starter and just didn't have it the entire year. Not sure what went wrong, as the kid showed tons of talent and poise last year.

P Fisher Jameson picked in the 10th round by the Rockies - $185,500 slot value. So rounds 1-10 completed with only 3 current Gators and 1 incoming freshman picked. Draft finishes up tomorrow. Could be that Colby Shelton, who was projected a fairly early pick, comes back for another year, as well as Luke Heyman, Ty Evans and Ryan Slater.
FYI - Cade Fisher has transferred to Auburn to play with his BFF Deric Fabian. Fisher had a tremendous freshman year, started off this season as our Friday night starter and just didn't have it the entire year. Not sure what went wrong, as the kid showed tons of talent and poise last year.
Not too much damage thus far...I guess we shall see who actually signs.

Not too much damage thus far...I guess we shall see who actually signs.
Looks like it was a pretty good draft for the Gators. Looks likely we will keep Shelton and Ross. And I believe Lindsey was the only recruit drafted. He was our best recruit, but we've got a couple of highly ranked shortstops right behind him. And it looks like we will keep Shelton.

Shelton was a little disappointing at bat last year but you can see the power is there. He's hit what, 40 + homeruns, in the SEC so far. And I was really impressed with the way he figured out playing SS. He was pretty clunky early on, but by the end of the season I thought he was making all the plays pretty smoothly.

Bottom line is he, Kurland and Heyman are better hitters than they showed last year, and if they hit up to their potential, I think our lineup will be pretty solid. Hopefully we get Philpot back also.

Looks like it was a pretty good draft for the Gators. Looks likely we will keep Shelton and Ross. And I believe Lindsey was the only recruit drafted. He was our best recruit, but we've got a couple of highly ranked shortstops right behind him. And it looks like we will keep Shelton.

Shelton was a little disappointing at bat last year but you can see the power is there. He's hit what, 40 + homeruns, in the SEC so far. And I was really impressed with the way he figured out playing SS. He was pretty clunky early on, but by the end of the season I thought he was making all the plays pretty smoothly.

Bottom line is he, Kurland and Heyman are better hitters than they showed last year, and if they hit up to their potential, I think our lineup will be pretty solid. Hopefully we get Philpot back also.
Still have to see if anyone gets drafted in Rounds 11-20 today and what they decide to do.

If Shelton comes back, that’s a pretty nice lineup with Kurland, Heyman, Shelton, Donay, tybo and the transfers in. Figure a freshman or two will contribute.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
If Shelton comes back, that’s a pretty nice lineup with Kurland, Heyman, Shelton, Donay, tybo and the transfers in. Figure a freshman or two will contribute.
Should be a really good offensive lineup, decent defensively, but man oh man we need another couple of arms.

Coppola’s one. Peterson another. I think our pitching will be ok. We’re bringing in the Samford kid and the Clemson kid. Freshman class is loaded with pitchers but we’ve seen the freshmen are pretty touch and go.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

Coppola’s one. Peterson another. I think our pitching will be ok. We’re bringing in the Samford kid and the Clemson kid. Freshman class is loaded with pitchers but we’ve seen the freshmen are pretty touch and go.
The Samford kid, Michael Ross, was drafted in the 18th round by the Twins but 247Sports says that it will only take a $150,000 signing bonus to get him. Pitching is the primary need for next yeare's team. Great news about Evans. Shelton got drafted in the 20th round and a few have said it was because he let the word out that it would take a huge signing bonus to get him to go pro. He was projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick, so he'll probably be back. Heyman didn;t get drafted, so he'll be back. All good news.

I thought we were pitching pretty competitively by the end of the year. Obviously losing Neely is huge. But I think pitching will be ok. We definitely had a tough run in the middle of the year last year, but part of it was just it was a crazy offensive year in the SEC. Hopefully Ross makes it to Gainesville. And hopefully we can add an arm or two. Would love to have Philpot back.

I didn’t realize how good F Jameson was this year although he was clearly our most reliable arm all year. He pitched to a 1.15 whip? I don’t think anyone else was below 2.

Bummer about Ross. The fact we’re signing cc pitchers probably indicates not too much more out there in the portal. Would love to have Philpot back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT