ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Gator baseball

@sadgator always loved being surrounded by Dwags.

200.gif
Is that McElwain?

He looked acstatic in the celebration. These guys have really rallied the last 4 weeks or so and turned a bad season into a great one. Who knows what they will do in Omaha, but just getting there has been unbelievable and amazing.
I'm not a real baseball fan but this is what amateur college athletics is all about. You only pass through this way once. He could have gone pro last year. Possibly right out of high school. If only football was still like this.

I'm not a real baseball fan but this is what amateur college athletics is all about. You only pass through this way once. He could have gone pro last year. Possibly right out of high school. If only football was still like this.
Cags wasn't used much his freshman season. It was like he came out of nowhere last year.

Caglionone wasn't eligible for the draft after last season. In baseball, you can go pro after high school or after 1 year of a junior college. But if you sign to play D1 baseball you have to play there 3 years or turn 21 before the draft after your sophomore year.

Caglionone wasn't eligible for the draft after last season. In baseball, you can go pro after high school or after 1 year of a junior college. But if you sign to play D1 baseball you have to play there 3 years or turn 21 before the draft after your sophomore year.
Strange in these modern times where college players get paid and in basketball there are no such rules.

Somebody on FB posted an article Bianchi wrote. He says Charlie Pell wasn't a cheater, he was merely an early adopter. 😂

We had a couple guys last year that were supposed to transfer but ended up going mlb. We had one really good outfielder who got drafted by the A’s. I think that was one of the reasons our roster felt a little patchy this year. Will be interesting to see our approach this year, because we will need some bodies.

Hopefully Shelton comes back and then you can build a lineup around Kurland, Shelton, Heyman, Donay, Wilson and Yost. That’s not a bad start.

There's nobody on our side of the bracket that we can't beat - we stay hot and there's a good chance at the finals. lol nobody that can't beat us either haha. I've watched about 1/2 the games in full all season and it's been so up and down it's driven me nuts. But this team has a ton of upside.

Sounds about right. I really liked cags’ start against Clemson. Seemed like he brought the velocity down a tick and emphasized throwing strikes. He’s probably not going to shut the lineup down, but good chance he’ll keep us in a ballgame for 4 or 5 innings so we can try to win it late.

We need a better start from Peterson obviously. He was really shaky at Clemson which is why we ended up needing 60 pitches from Neely.

We have a day off between games 1 and 2, so we should have Neely for 3-5 innings for both. So we just need the starters to compete.

Reactions: gatordad3
Sounds about right. I really liked cags’ start against Clemson. Seemed like he brought the velocity down a tick and emphasized throwing strikes. He’s probably not going to shut the lineup down, but good chance he’ll keep us in a ballgame for 4 or 5 innings so we can try to win it late.

We need a better start from Peterson obviously. He was really shaky at Clemson which is why we ended up needing 60 pitches from Neely.

We have a day off between games 1 and 2, so we should have Neely for 3-5 innings for both. So we just need the starters to compete.
Ryan Slater is available for middle relief now, too. He had a strained muscle that kept him out of the Super Regional.

Reactions: bradleygator
I like that the oddsmakers put us at virtually no chance to win this thing. Extra motivation ( not sure you need it at this point).

We’ve got basically the same odds as UVA and FSU and we’re ahead of NcSt. UT is a deserving favorite. aTm would be right there if it weren’t for the injuries. Hard to believe UK can keep winning all these close ballgames, but they’ve been doing it all year.

Bottom line is it’s baseball and who knows what’s going to happen.

It seems like there’s usually a team playing with some magic going into Omaha. UVA was like that the year they won. Ole Miss a couple years ago. USC used to be like that. This year… 👀.

I think it’s good that the Omaha ballpark is big and plays big. Less cheap home runs, which has been one of our biggest problems. And if cags catches one, it will go out anywhere.

2 GREAT games today. The first one was a pitching duel with North Carolina walking off Virginia 3-2. Tonight was a slugfest with a bunch of errors and walks. Tennessee got 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th and walked off FSU 12-11. Noles got their hearts ripped out. Now I'm a North Carolina fan on Sunday, hoping they can whip the Vols.

Last edited:
2 GREAT games today. The first one was a pitching duel with North Carolina walking off Virginia 3-2. Tonight was a slugfest with a bunch of errors and walks. Tennessee got 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th and walked off FSU 12-11. Noles got their hearts ripped out. Now I'm a North Carolina fane on Sunday, hping they can whip the Vols.
UT gutted that game out. They literally kicked the ball around and shot themselves in the foot, almost fatally. 3 errors usually loses you 90% of the time.

Gator baseball was infuriating to watch all year until the post season. Team has so much talent and just was up n down all year, hell sometimes within games even.

Cags is literally Paul Bunyan at the plate. It'll be fun to see how much further we can take this thing - We beat A&M 2 out of 3 this year so I'm hopeful for tonight, though they've been the more consistent team. Petereson has been really good the last few weeks.

The umpires should have spotted the Clemson pitcher cheating long before Sully noticed.

When Bakich was the head coach at Michigan in 2022, one of his pitchers, Willie Weiss, was ejected from a Big Ten conference tournament game for having an illegal substance on his glove and suspended four games.

The Clemson coach is still crying about the loss.

The umpires should have spotted the Clemson pitcher cheating long before Sully noticed.

When Bakich was the head coach at Michigan in 2022, one of his pitchers, Willie Weiss, was ejected from a Big Ten conference tournament game for having an illegal substance on his glove and suspended four games.

The Clemson coach is still crying about the loss.
Clemson is rapidly moving into the same class of whiny p!$$ ants as, well….never mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT