ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Gator baseball

Neeley finally pitched the way we expected this year. What an amazing performance on the bump! Ocala, any guess as to who will start tomorrow? Or does it really matter? I'm sure we will burn through several arms.

Maybe F Jameson to start? Get an inning or two out of him and go from there. Should be interesting. Hopefully we keep hitting.

@ocalaman and @Nicktheslick celebrating.

Bg3Qve.gif

SOS matters. Sadly though, so do arms. May the force be with us!
I won’t attribute all of our struggles to our schedule and playing in some bandbox ballparks but OSU hit three or four fly balls today that went out all year on us. Big difference when you can throw a fastball and get a fly out instead of a HR.

Reactions: gatordad3
I’ve been pretty tough on Dale Thomas at times this year, and he had some really tough struggles, but he made winning plays all weekend. Kid is a freaking warrior.
Agree, but don't forget Michael Robertson, too. He was benched for long stretches for his lack of hitting, but he got some big ones this weekend.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Agree, but don't forget Michael Robertson, too. He was benched for long stretches for his lack of hitting, but he got some big ones this weekend.
Basically everyone chipped in. Heyman and Shelton hit. Everybody played real solid d. Sully was moving base runners all over the place trying to make something happen. Look at all the hits and base runners we had all weekend. Freaking Wilson.

But most of all the pitching. These guys finally looked like a bunch of 6’’5 guys throwing 95.

The story line is we held a really good OSU team to 4 runs over 2 games at their park. Guys looked really confident on the mound. Maybe a nothing to lose mentality and not pressing? If this pitching carries over to Clemson we have a serious shot at Omaha.

Directions to Clumpson: Look around for the first dirt road in SoCar and go until it dead ends. You’re there.
Sincerely,
FSU ⚾️
Seriously 😉 are any of y’all going up for the weekend?

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1
I'm wearing my Gators shirts every day here in the middle of the Carolinas amidst these goofy, dopey Clemsonites, haha. Florida orange much nicer than all these other schools' oranges like Clemson and Vols, which are the two worst shades of orange. I say that as someone whose favorite color is orange, haha.

Clemson's Friday night guy is really good. He's a stud. After that their pitching is good but not great. They do have a closer that is solid. At the plate is where Clemson really has excelled this year. They have 5 of 8 starters hitting over .300 and some guys off the bench that are also .300 hitters. They swept the nolies this year and split 2-2 with the candy canes. Prior to Stillwater region I would have been concerned that Clemson would run up double digit runs against us each game. But if we can get the same pitching we saw at OKST, I feel like we have a shot. Outside of their Friday guy, we should have an opportunity to score 7 runs. Can't believe we are talking about Omaha as a real possibility. Crazy.

Clemson's Friday night guy is really good. He's a stud. After that their pitching is good but not great. They do have a closer that is solid. At the plate is where Clemson really has excelled this year. They have 5 of 8 starters hitting over .300 and some guys off the bench that are also .300 hitters. They swept the nolies this year and split 2-2 with the candy canes. Prior to Stillwater region I would have been concerned that Clemson would run up double digit runs against us each game. But if we can get the same pitching we saw at OKST, I feel like we have a shot. Outside of their Friday guy, we should have an opportunity to score 7 runs. Can't believe we are talking about Omaha as a real possibility. Crazy.
What I have heard about Clemson is similar to us. That they hit and their pitching is a little spotty but they fight and claw. A bunch of comebacks and high scoring games, like us.

If we continue to pitch like we did last weekend, it’s probably a coinflip, which hey if you gave me a coinflip to get to Omaha a month ago, I would have taken it in 2 seconds.

I'm wearing my Gators shirts every day here in the middle of the Carolinas amidst these goofy, dopey Clemsonites, haha. Florida orange much nicer than all these other schools' oranges like Clemson and Vols, which are the two worst shades of orange. I say that as someone whose favorite color is orange, haha.
No mention of “burnt” orange yet? That will be interesting. Only Michigan fans are more delusional.

What I have heard about Clemson is similar to us. That they hit and their pitching is a little spotty but they fight and claw. A bunch of comebacks and high scoring games, like us.

If we continue to pitch like we did last weekend, it’s probably a coinflip, which hey if you gave me a coinflip to get to Omaha a month ago, I would have taken it in 2 seconds.
Their hitting is ridiculous. They hit .299 as a team and average over 8 runs per game. They have hit 97 homers compared to our 125 so maybe a little less power. But Clemson can flat hit the ball.

Plus the dirt roads heading out of Jersey are few and far between.
Make it make sense. Jersey is one of nine states I grew up in and I haven't lived there in over ten years. Like Jac Cags I'm an All-American my blue haired baby you are, mwah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT