ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Basketball,,, all things considered...

Please note the color of the stars...when filled in with gold that indicates star rating. and also check out his rankings. - means he is not ranked.
Yeah, Insta misread the star rating, I think. He has no stars and was only offered by Bowling Green, Chattanooga, Marist, Elon, Hawaii, Rutgers, Tennessee State and Valpariso. If was actually a 5-star or even a 4-star he would have had tons of offers, including all the big boys of D1 basketball. He's a project, but Coach Golden sees something in him, so here's to hoping he turns into an SEC-caliber player.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I can't agree wid-ja here CG1,,, so consider this info....

You seem to think that he's only played B-Ball for one year in a small hoedunk U.S. HS, against short sub-calibre inferior HS kids talent....

Chattanooga, Tennessee. Hamilton Heights is a perennial powerhouse and has produced a number of top division-1 talent, including a number of centers. As a player, Mikic possesses great size and will not be out of place in the SEC at 6’11” and 235 pounds. Not only does he have true big man size, but he embraces the types of things you need from a center–physicality, toughness, and motor.

Before moving to America, Mikic played in the Serbian Junior League, where he also averaged a double-double.

Mikic is a 6’11” 235 center originally hailing from the basketball-crazed country of Serbia that has been producing elite hoops talent for decades. Identified as a quality player from early in teens, he was offered a position on the development roster of prestigious club Partizan Belgrade. Partizan is one of the top basketball clubs in all of Europe, and they have a reputation for developing elite homegrown talent.

After spending a couple of years in the U19 Partizan system, he moved to Dunav to play in the top league in Serbia and cut his teeth against professionals. This was while he was a mere 17 year old, and while there were growing pains, he was able to learn quickly playing in important games against men and finished the season averaging 6.3 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.

Where Mikic really started to get buzz was at the Adidas Next Generation tournament, an event featuring some of the top young players in Europe. In two summers playing in this key recruiting event, Mikic turned heads with his great size and production averaging 12.7 points and 8.4 rebounds while impacting the defensive end with his rim protection.

While Mikic won’t be relied on to play a huge role right away (due to the Gator's C/PF roster depth), he has the size, skill, and experience to transition to the SEC right away and it wouldn’t be shocking to see him get in the rotation for a few minutes earlier than you might think.

And oh BTW, international 3-star Fr project Condon earned the SEC All Freshman 1st Team.
Condon 6-11 230 So ***
Mikic 6-11 235 Fr ***** (Rivals Recruit Ranking)
He may turn out to be great, but he has ZERO stars and was only offered by 8 pretty minor D1 basketball schools. Hope Coach Golden can develop him into an SEC-caliber player.

Yeah, Insta misread the star rating, I think. He has no stars and was only offered by Bowling Green, Chattanooga, Marist, Elon, Hawaii, Rutgers, Tennessee State and Valpariso. If was actually a 5-star or even a 4-star he would have had tons of offers, including all the big boys of D1 basketball. He's a project, but Coach Golden sees something in him, so here's to hoping he turns into an SEC-caliber player.
I really like the add. Great size, has some solid mobility. With our depth inside we can afford to take on a project with what I believe has tremendous upside.

Yep, the new screens are confusing it seems to me....

Like this guys Rivals page....

And yet Alex was named to the Fr All SEC Team anyway.
(as I've said before now, so much for the outsider rankings)
=====

Things concerning Viktor that others have yet to address imo:

"Serbia that has been producing elite hoops talent for decades."

"Identified as a quality player from early in teens,"

"Offered a position on the development roster of prestigious club Partizan Belgrade."

"Partizan is one of the top basketball clubs in all of Europe,"

"
t
o play in the top league in Serbia and cut his teeth against professionals." <<<

Mikic really started to get buzz was at the Adidas Next Generation tournament, an event featuring some of the top young players in Europe.

Why would any Gator fan play down an incoming recruits abilities???
Viktor looks like he might be an Alex 2.0 to me, and I certainly hope so.
And I've always been a 'Play The Roster' whenever possible kind of fan....

I was pretty happy with getting Condon and Haugh last year.
And I'm pretty happy with getting Mikic and Rious this year....
Who plays and how much is more important to me than their outside ranking or who starts games.

Reactions: Tatton

=====

"Offered a position on the development roster of prestigious club Partizan Belgrade."

"
t
o play in the top league in Serbia and cut his teeth against professionals." <<<

Mikic really started to get buzz was at the Adidas Next Generation tournament, an event featuring some of the top young players in Europe.

Who plays and how much is more important to me than their outside ranking or who starts games.

Alex Condon was given a high 3 star grade by TOS unlike him. Condon was looked at as more game ready. Some of these foreign players never get a rating from any of the services I think if they aren't considered game ready.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

=====

"
t

When I go to rivals it shows Condon as a 3 star. 3 of the 5 stars shaded in gold. Condon was ready when he came to UF. No doubt he was going to contribute. Viktor is going to be IMHO a really great under the radar add. HIs lack of ranking kept the blue bloods away and allowed Tod to swoop in and grab him. As mentioned, our depth allowed us the luxury of taking on a project with tons of upside.

Alex Condon was given a high 3 star grade by 247 unlike him. Condon was looked at as more game ready. Some of these foreign players never get a rating from any of the services I think if they aren't considered game ready.

Unfounded Opinionated Drivel yet again, what a waste of time....

6-30-24 GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) - The UF men’s basketball team has made significant progress in finalizing their 2024-25 roster. On Friday, the Gators announced the commitment of Viktor Mikic, a 6′11 235 center hailing from Serbia, a renowned producer of top-tier basketball talent. Mikic, who is already enrolled at UF, is expected to arrive on campus in time for the Summer B semester.

Serbia’s Junior League, averaging an impressive -----17 Pts, 10 Rbs, 0.9 Blks in 19 games.
Chattanooga, TN Hamilton Heights HS he averaged 14.3 Pts, 10.2 Rbs, 1.3 Blks.
Max Preps lists him as a 6x Player of the Game in HS.

He looks like a pretty consistent Double-Double kind of guy while playing in different (Europe/U.S.) styles.
Multi-Gm Highlight Here - https://www.hudl.com/profile/20544658/Viktor-Mikic

Hudl Bio -- 7-0 240 - 5.0/40, 185 Bench 10, Squat 325, Dead-lift 400.
9 Offers: UF - Rutgers - Hawaii - Valparaiso - TnSt - Chatt - BGSU - Elon - Marist

Condon - 247 & Rivals show him with just 1 offer from UF.
There were rumors that Utah and St. Mary's were also interested, but not listed as offers.
===========

As to the CG1 harping that Viktor admits he's still getting use to play in the U.S.

From Condon: He’s still learning to handle the increased physicality of the game in the United States, as he noted the level of contact inside the perimeter was something he was still getting accustomed to.
“I don’t know if you guys were watching in there, it was pretty physical just then. Guys throwing each other around,” said the 218-pound Condon. “I’m still pretty skinny, so definitely something to get used to in the SEC.” On a roster with a multitude of experienced veterans, Condon is simply looking for a fair opportunity to compete. (as I said, Makic looks like a possible Condon 2.0 to me)

• Haha
Reactions: Gator Fever
Unfounded Opinionated Drivel yet again, what a waste of time....
6-30-24 GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) - The UF men’s basketball team has made significant progress in finalizing their 2024-25 roster. On Friday, the Gators announced the commitment of Viktor Mikic, a 6′11 235 center hailing from Serbia, a renowned producer of top-tier basketball talent. Mikic, who is already enrolled at UF, is expected to arrive on campus in time for the Summer B semester.

Serbia’s Junior League, averaging an impressive -----17 Pts, 10 Rbs, 0.9 Blks in 19 games.
Chattanooga, TN Hamilton Heights HS he averaged 14.3 Pts, 10.2 Rbs, 1.3 Blks.
Max Preps lists him as a 6x Player of the Game in HS.

He looks like a pretty consistent Double-Double kind of guy while playing in different (Europe/U.S.) styles.
Multi-Gm Highlight Here - https://www.hudl.com/profile/20544658/Viktor-Mikic

Hudl Bio -- 7-0 240 - 5.0/40, 185 Bench 10, Squat 325, Dead-lift 400.
9 Offers: UF - Rutgers - Hawaii - Valparaiso - TnSt - Chatt - BGSU - Elon - Marist

Condon - 247 & Rivals show him with just 1 offer from UF.
There were rumors that Utah and St. Mary's were also interested, but not listed as offers.
===========

As to the CG1 harping that Viktor admits he's still getting use to play in the U.S.

From Condon: He’s still learning to handle the increased physicality of the game in the United States, as he noted the level of contact inside the perimeter was something he was still getting accustomed to.
“I don’t know if you guys were watching in there, it was pretty physical just then. Guys throwing each other around,” said the 218-pound Condon. “I’m still pretty skinny, so definitely something to get used to in the SEC.” On a roster with a multitude of experienced veterans, Condon is simply looking for a fair opportunity to compete. (as I said, Makic looks like a possible Condon 2.0 to me)

We will see when the season starts if he gets playing time like Condon. I think like others he has potential but is a project still.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
We will see when the season stars if he gets playing time like Condon. I think like others he has potential but is a project still.

Every recruit coming in to college D1 is a project under the thinking of some, and that's ok wid me.
But claiming that Condon was ready while Mikic is not, is total BS in my own thinking....

Condon arrived as a 6-10 218 skinny project, (now listed 6-11 230)
Mikic arrives as a 6-11 235 not skinny project.
May he do as well as Condon did as a backup project Fr.....

Every recruit coming in to college D1 is a project under the thinking of some, and that's ok wid me.
But claiming that Condon was ready while Mikic is not, is total BS in my own thinking....

Condon arrived as a 6-10 218 skinny project, (now listed 6-11 230)
Mikic arrives as a 6-11 235 not skinny project.
May he do as well as Condon did as a backup project Fr.....

I think most of us here thought Condon would get a lot of playing time though. I think we mostly discussed how good he actually would turn out to be.

Condon was the 88th rated center when he came to UF. He was expected to contribute immediately, which he did. Viktor is not rated at all, even though he played a full year in high school in the US, and is not expected to contribute this year in any significant fashion. Great add and lets all hope he develops quickly and turns out to be all SEC.

Todd Golden and his staff have a plan for freshman walk-on Olivier Rioux, who at 7-foot-9 (in shoes) represents not just the tallest player in college basketball history, but one of the most intriguing developmental projects in the country.

In the world, actually. Olivier (pronounced like legendary actor Lawrence Olivier), or "Oli" per his coaches and teammates, is not just tall, he's sturdy at a solid and proportional 290 pounds. He's also pretty flexible for his size, according to strength/conditioning coordinator Victor Lopez. Rioux only turned 18 in February, so who knows where his body is headed?

How hard he works could impact that timetable. Rioux admittedly has had some good days and some bad so far, but Golden has not ruled out his biggest of big men possibly contributing to the team in 2024-25.

Hartman said. "No one in the world has ever had to do that, so if I'm the public, I'm tempering my expectations of what he could be on the court in '24-25 and allow this young man to be coached and developed and be as normal an 18-year-old kid as he could be, given his situation."

At 5 years old, he was 5'-2"
At 12, he was already 7'-0"
Now at 18, he's 7'-9" and still growing....

A pretty good article here:

CJ Ingram Now, after spending three years of splitting his time between football and basketball, the 2025 rising senior has decided to shift his focus solely to the hardwood. Since doing so, he's improved at a rapid rate, becoming one of the best wings in the entire country.

"It's been real successful being able to display how hard I play, my playmaking ability and shot-making, slashing, everything is starting to come together since I decided to put the football down," Ingram said. "I am just very happy to see what is coming in the future."

#11 SF CJ Ingram 6-6 195 **** - Natl. 74 - Oak Ridge HS Orlando
SEC Offers: UF - UGly - Mizz - OK - aTm - VU + 9 Others...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick
SG/SF Kevin Pazmino 6-4 180 So - Weston, FL - A PWO xfer from Santa Fe College

Pazmino played a vital role at Santa Fe in 2023-24, starting in 29 games.
10.3 Pts, 2.6 Rbs and 1.1 asts/Gm, shooting 39.4% FG's, 38.8 % 3's, FT's 82.9%
He converted 4 or more 3-pointers in 11 of his appearances, including 8 games in which he made 5 or more. Point per 40 Min >> 35.8

PERSONAL STATEMENT

I believe in being a good hard worker, being discipline, and coachable. Also listening and learning from coaches is very important to me so I can grow. My character is different from others, I believe in setting goals and putting my head to it and work. While playing I like to play smart, and know my role on the court. School is very important to me because I believe in getting good grades leads to work ethic.

With the addition of PG Klavzar, Florida’s 2024-25 roster is complete.

Highlights --

From the completed Official Gator 2024-25 Roster

PG Walter Clayton Jr 6-3 195 Sr - xfer-in Iona - Lake Wales (Golden named him the starter)

PG Kajus Kublickas 6-2 171 So - Lithuania

PG Urban Klavzar 6-1 ?? Fr - Slovenia

CG Alijah Martin 6-2 210 Grad-Sr - xfer-in FAU - Miss.

CG/SF Will Richard 6-4 206 Sr - xfer-in Belmont - Georgia

CG/SF Denzel Aberdeen 6-5 1`90 Jr - Orlando

SG/SF Isaiah Brown 6-4 195 Fr - Orlando

PG Bennett Andersen 6-2 190 Grad-Sr - WO - Tampa
CG Cooper Josefsberg 6-4 195 So - WO - Miami
-----
PF Sam Alexis 6-8 240 Jr - xfer-in Chattanooga - Apopka

PF Thomas Haugh 6-9 210 So - Pa.

PF/C Alex Condon 6-11 230 So - Fr All SEC - Australia

C Micah Handlogten 7-1 235 Jr - xfer-in Marshall - N.C. (rehabing injury)

C Rueben Chinyelu 6-10 250 So - xfer-in WashSt - Nigeria

C Olivier Rioux 7-9 290 Fr - WO / IMG - Canada

The Gator's Basketball Future is Looking Bright to me.....

Four-star legacy SG CJ Ingram on Monday announced his commitment to the Florida Gators over schools such as Kansas, Michigan, Georgetown and Georgia.

6 SG Cornelius J. Ingram 6-6 200 **** - Natl. #26 - Hawthorne, FL (16 years old)

He just announced his commitment on his 17th birthday.

And oh BTW, in two years as the Hornets’ starting QB-dt, he recorded a perfect record and won two state titles. This led to many FBS and FCS programs to come calling. In fact, Billy Napier and Florida was one of his first football offers. Like his Gator father before him, he is a 2-sport star, but his father chose football at the college level.

What his Legacy Father told him: “First thing I told him was how hard it is to do both, but it can be done… I want him to enjoy it and not put pressure on himself,” he said. “Whether it's basketball, whether it's football, whether it's both, enjoy the process because at the end of the day, he'll have to live with his decision. He's a very bright kid. He'll make the right choice. Whatever he ends up doing, he’ll definitely be successful.”

As it stands, Todd Golden and the Gators have the No. 9 recruiting class in 2025, according to 247 Sports. Ingram joins four-star combo guard Alex Lloyd in the class. Florida is also in a position to possibly land a pair of five-stars in twins Cayden and Cameron Boozer.

That 2025 Recruiting Class, if it happens, has a good chance to become the 25's, (04's 2.0).

#6 SG/SF CJ Ingram 6-6 200 **** Natl. #26 - Hawthorne, FL (#11 SF, Natl. #73)

#7 CG Alex Lloyd 6-3 165 **** Natl. #40 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

--- offered ---

#1 PF Cameron Boozer 6-9 235 ***** Natl. #2 - Miami, FL

#3 PG Cayden Boozer 6-4 190 **** Natl. #19 - Miami, FL

Reactions: Countygator1
Here is a closer look at the Gators' 2024-25 B-Ball roster, including each player's number/Bio, which the team released on Thursday night. Players are listed numerically:

Here is a closer look at the Gators' 2024-25 B-Ball roster, including each player's number/Bio, which the team released on Thursday night. Players are listed numerically:

Article already post at #150. Then referenced and commented on in #151, just before you posted it again??

Last edited:
What stands out to me concerning the Newbees on the 2024-25 team:

#14 CG Alijah Martin 6-2 210 **** 92 - FAU xfer - NCAA Final-4
13.1 Pts, 5.9 Rbs, 1.6 Ast - FG 41.4%, 3's 33.8% - 3X All Conf.

PG Kajus Kublickas 6-2 171 So - Lithuania U-20
11.3 Pts, 3.9 Rbs, 3.4 Ast

#23 CG/SF Isaiah Brown 6-5 195 Fr **** 95

#24 PG Urban Klavzar 6-1 Fr *** 88 - Slovenian Natl. Team U20

23.7 Min -16.4 Pts, 3.7 Rbs, 1.3 Ast - FG 45%, 3's 38.9%

#15 PF Sam Alexis 6-8 240 Jr **** 93 - Chattanooga xfer

10.8 Pts, 9.1 Rbs - FG 55% 70 Blks

Southern Conference All-Defensive team, blocked 70 shots in 2023-24.

C/PF Viktor Mikic 6-11 235 Fr - Serbia
14.3 Pts, 10.2 Rbs, 1.3 Blks

#18 C Rueben Chinyelu 6-11 245 So **** 93

13.9 Min - 4.7 Pts, 5.0 Rbs, 1.3 Blks - FG 62%, 45 Blks WashSt Fr Record.

Walk-Ons: (4)

C Olivier Rioux 7-9 290 Fr ***
- IMG, moved HS Grad up a year.
Canada 2024 U18 FIBA AmeriCup, 2023 U19 World Cup, U18 Bronze Medal.

SG Kevin Pazmino 6-4 ??? So - Santa Fe xfer
Fr - 10.3 Pts, 2.6 Rbs, 1.1 Ast - FG 39.4%, 3's 38.8%, FT 82.5%

PG Bennett Andersen 6-2 190 Grad-Sr

SG Cooper Josefsberg 6-4 195 So

I'm again looking forward to the season starting....

Now that the 2024 Football season is over, we can get back to the important Fall sport. -- 🙄

The fall semester began just over a week ago and Todd Golden wasted no time getting his third and most talented team back on the floor to resume workouts in the run-up to the start of preseason practice Sept. 24. Looking forward to seeing these newbees play...

The 6-2, 210-senior SG Alijah Martin
The 6-10, 255 C/PF sophomore Rueben Chinyelu
The 6-8 240 PF transfer Sam Alexis
And the 7-9 290 walk-on freshman center Olivier Rioux
Plus the late-summer addition of Slovenian 6-1 190 CG Urban Klavzar,

(he was an offensive standout in the 2024 European Cup)
And the return of maturing sophomore 6-2 175 PG Kajus Kublickas

But for the record, CG Walter Clayton (17.6 PPG) is the option that allows Golden to sleep best at night. Everyone in the Hugh Hathcock Basketball Complex believes Clayton is in for a monster senior year.

But don't discount 6-5 190 Denzel Aberdeen, either. He's had a sensational offseason to match what he did late in the regular season. He's also the closest thing the Gators have to a prototype PG. While the Condo and Haugh continue to progress.

https://floridagators.com/news/2024...ootball-eve-basketball-bytes-aug-30-2024.aspx

==========

September 13, 2024
Harry Fodder: Football Eve Basketball Bytes, Part 2

The Part-1 article was good, but there's some really good stuff in this Part-2 article, including the freakin' 'Beep Test.' >> with a short video
=====

Note: Included in Part-2 -- Women's B-Ball will have 3 Micky-D AA's for the coming season.
Soph G Laila Reynolds - Fr PG Liv McGill & Fr F Me'Arah O'Neal
They've had just one in their entire past history, Ronni Williams.
They are looking at their most talented roster ever. "It's a unique blend. Seven seniors and a core group of underclassmen mixed with a high-level of experience coming out of high school."

Last edited:
Sometimes I check in on these basketball threads but then I see Insta’s cut and pasted 8 pages of some obscure walk ons middle school stats and comparing him to Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and I show myself out.

Sometimes I check in on these basketball threads but then I see Insta’s cut and pasted 8 pages of some obscure walk ons middle school stats and comparing him to Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and I show myself out.
Showing yourself out on a permanent basis would be the best that you could do, sparing everyone of the usual low quality of your posting, so thank you for moving out, and you can take that suckuping backstabber with you....

He's already on IGNORE, and I think that I'll let you join him, while I do a little more laughing at the other clueless twits here.....
😛

Showing yourself out on a permanent basis would be the best that you could do, sparing everyone of the usual low quality of your posting, so thank you for moving out, and you can take that suckuping backstabber with you....

He's already on IGNORE, and I think that I'll let you join him, while I do a little more laughing at the other clueless twits here.....
😛
A perfect song for the guy who thinks he's so smart and above anyone else. Just cuts and pastes other people's stuff and belittles anyone who calls him out or has an opinion different from his.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT