ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Basketball,,, all things considered...

Here's some bored off-season fan drivel for ya, feel free to add your own....

In basketball offense there are 3 things that you can do when you get the ball.

1. Shoot it
2. Pass it.
3. Dribble drive to the basket with it.
You should do one of those 3 things within a couple of seconds of getting it.
=====
What you don't want done with it is:

1. Stand around holding on to it.
2. Dribble around with it to no purpose wasting game clock.
3. Get it stolen from you.
Those are the iG's simplistic 'In General' rules on offense, understanding that time, score, and some other factors can play a role in what you're doing in a live game.

I think that these Gators are better when they are playing FAST, but maybe that's just me?

How fans in general judge coaches runs through many different factors imo
Aritcles with Agenda's are infamous for doing this, both for and against.

Cherry-pickin' the stats, W/L records, and general coaching acceptance.....

Golden was the first HC since 2003 to get a,,, Top 10 win on the road.
BillyD with the 2x NC 04's never accomplished it and never did it again while at UF.
That's showing it's importance to me as a fan...
-----

The Gators' scoring offense in 2023-24 was the highest in program history with an astounding 85.7 Pts/Gm, good for sixth nationally.

Whoop-eeeeeeee!
UF 70 - 73 Va
UF 71 - 82 WF
UF 66 - 85 TN
UF 66 - 67 aTm
UF 76 - 82 SCa
UF 78 - 79 VU
UF 67 - 86 AU - in the SEC Tourney final.
That kinda puts a wet rag on that 85.7 Pts/Gm average for me....

Even when scoring that 85+ average....
UF 91 - 95 Baylor
UF 85 - 87 UK
UF 85 - 103 MS
UF 93 - 98 UA -- in OT
UF 100 - 102 Colo -- going 1 & Done inn the Big Dance

https://www.si.com/college/florida/todd-golden-florida-gators-headed-right-direction-01j06rpykdxj
=====

Recruiting, both HS and X-fers, often factor in this area, with the slants from articles.
2024 Recruits are still visiting to see if UF is the place they want to be at?
Current HS Class is SG Isaiah Brown (signed NLI) and PWO C Olivier Rioux.
(the iG didn't realize that Rioux was a PWO)

PG Jeremiah Johnson is ranked as the 141st-best player and the 13th-best PG.
PG Keyshuan Tillery is ranked as the 135th best player and the 25th best PG.

"With both of these prospects visiting, it seems Gators’ Head Coach Todd Golden is planning for the future after adding tons of veteran experience through the portal over the last two years."

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...hosting-nationally-ranked-guards-01j04znt23k5

Here's to hoping that us long time Gator fans get to see even better B-Ball in the coming season.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

BillyD with the 2x NC 04's never accomplished it and never did it again while at UF.
-----

The Gators' scoring offense in 2023-24 was the highest in program history with an astounding 85.7 Pts/Gm, good for sixth nationally.

Whoop-eeeeeeee!
UF 70 - 73 Va
UF 71 - 82 WF
UF 66 - 85 TN
UF 66 - 67 aTm
UF 76 - 82 SCa
UF 78 - 79 VU

UF 91 - 95 Baylor
UF 85 - 87 UK
UF 85 - 103 MS
UF 93 - 98 UA -- in OT

https://www.si.com/college/florida/todd-golden-florida-gators-headed-right-direction-01j06rpykdxj
=====

Recruiting, both HS and X-fers, often factor in this area, with the slants from articles.

"With both of these prospects visiting, it seems Gators’ Head Coach Todd Golden is planning for the future after adding tons of veteran experience through the portal over the last two years.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...hosting-nationally-ranked-guards-01j04znt23k5

Here's to hoping that us long time Gator fans get to see even better B-Ball in the coming season.
Gators are so much better offensively under Golden. No doubt he's proven that. Now he needs to get more Ws. Ultimately getting championship competitive again soon is how he will be, and should be judged.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

-----

Whoop-eeeeeeee!
UF 70 - 73 Va
UF 71 - 82 WF
UF 66 - 85 TN
UF 66 - 67 aTm
UF 76 - 82 SCa
UF 78 - 79 VU

UF 91 - 95 Baylor
UF 85 - 87 UK
UF 85 - 103 MS
UF 93 - 98 UA -- in OT

=====

"With both of these prospects visiting, it seems Gators’ Head Coach Todd Golden is planning for the future after adding tons of veteran experience through the portal over the last two years."

Donovan didn't play any top 10 teams in a true road game I think the 2 championship seasons and only played one in the 04/05 season I think. Those are tough wins to get though.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Oh........that's more believable and totally normal. :rolleyes: :oops:😂

The article I read said he's grown another inch or two since signing. :oops::oops::oops:
Holy crap. I've got to think he's going to be clumsy and awkward AF. That's insane!
He's definitely a project for next season. If he is getting any significant minutes that means we are injury riddled.

Oh........that's more believable and totally normal. :rolleyes: :oops:😂

The article I read said he's grown another inch or two since signing. :oops::oops::oops:
Holy crap. I've got to think he's going to be clumsy and awkward AF. That's insane!
You're right, he did grow about an inch or two, and 100lbs heavier than Manute Bol was.

Olivier Rioux is listed at 7-foot-9 on Florida's website, which would make him the tallest college basketball player ever. Rioux measuring at 7-9 is the result of a bit of a growth spurt. When Ballislife.com filmed him in November 2023, he was listed at 7-foot-6, (and 300 Lbs).
iG - Gaining height and losing weight, losing baby fat and/or developing playing muscle...

A three-inch gain over seven months is massive, especially for a guy who was already in the Guinness Book of World Records just two years ago for being the world's tallest teenager. He was 16 then, and already 7-foot-5. He told the Guinness Book of World Records website that his height is likely the result of having two very tall (though not record-breaking) parents. My father is 6’8, my mom is 6’2 and my older brother is 6’9. So we’re a pretty tall family!" Rioux said, according to Guinness.

According to GatorsWire, Rioux is considered a "developmental project" so not much is expected of him as a freshman. Then again, no one expected a 7-foot-5 16-year-old to grow four inches in two years, so anything is possible.

In the vids that I've watched, he doesn't look clumsy to me, but he should work on strength and speed with body control in order to reach his peak in basketball ability going forward.
In football, you can't coach raw speed, it's there or it's not.
Well, in basketball you can't coach raw height, you've either got it or you don't.
Now consider than Olivier can reach up and dunk without his feet leaving the floor.....
😲

https://www.aol.com/sports/7-foot-9-olivier-rioux-192230727.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT