ADVERTISEMENT

2 True Freshmen that will play next year...

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
I know it was just a high school All-Star game but UF recruits that were just playing in the Under Armor game, Ja'Quavion Fraziars and Gervon Dexter will play next year IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: rdgtr
Those 2 kids looked really good tonight. I think it will be hard to keep them off the field.

Derek Wingo at LB may get in the rotation as well. With 4 receivers graduating, there's an opportunity for a WR to get early playing time, so Fraziers is a pretty good bet. Grimes, Toney and Copeland are the only 3 returning wideouts with experience, unless we want to include Pitts, although he is technically a TE. If we end up getting WR Xzavier Henderson from Miami Columbus, look for him to play immediately as well.

Ocala,

Are we sure Toney is returning ?

His return can't do any harm & may do some good.

IMO, Toney another Jachai Polite & he will leave UF. Read article below -

"...And despite the injuries -- he played in just seven of the team's 13 games this year -- the junior receiver feels like he's shown enough to earn some recognition from NFL scouts. He doesn't think a lack of extensive game tape would hurt him.

"Not necessarily," Toney said Monday night. "The NFL, they don't look at injuries when they do the draft. I feel like I (have enough tape)."

https://247sports.com/college/flori...s-2019-campaign-NFL-Draft-decision-141433054/

Derek Wingo at LB may get in the rotation as well. With 4 receivers graduating, there's an opportunity for a WR to get early playing time, so Fraziers is a pretty good bet. Grimes, Toney and Copeland are the only 3 returning wideouts with experience, unless we want to include Pitts, although he is technically a TE. If we end up getting WR Xzavier Henderson from Miami Columbus, look for him to play immediately as well.
Yes Wingo will likely play as well. I was just commenting on guys that played in the Under Armor all star game.

Ocala,

Are we sure Toney is returning ?

His return can't do any harm & may do some good.

IMO, Toney another Jachai Polite & he will leave UF. Read article below -

"...And despite the injuries -- he played in just seven of the team's 13 games this year -- the junior receiver feels like he's shown enough to earn some recognition from NFL scouts. He doesn't think a lack of extensive game tape would hurt him.

"Not necessarily," Toney said Monday night. "The NFL, they don't look at injuries when they do the draft. I feel like I (have enough tape)."

https://247sports.com/college/flori...s-2019-campaign-NFL-Draft-decision-141433054/
Toney hasn't announced a decision yet.

While TE is 5-deep loaded, Odom might see the field a little in 2020.

Hybrid TE/WR

Kyle Pitts 6-6 239 Jr
In 2019, Soph TE/WR Pitts led the team in receptions with 51.
Among D-1 TE's, he was 5th in Rec, 5th in TD's and 8th in Yds.

Keon Zipperer 6-2 232 rsFr - Ranked the #2 TE coming out of HS.
=========

TE's

Kemore Gamble 6-3 241 rsJr
Danta Lang 6-5 252 rsSo

FNG TE/WR???

Jonothan Odom 6-5 250 Fr - Tampa, FL
~ Jonathan is the son of former Florida Gator (90's) and Tampa Bay Bucs OL Jason Odom. His Dad taught him how to block, and he tallied 36 receptions for 493 yards, 13.7 Yds/Rec in just under 2.5 varsity seasons before a shoulder injury ended his Sr season.
https://www.si.com/college/florida/...pect-florida-te-jonathan-odom-scouting-report

There is going to be some serious competition at the TE position for 2020...

Last edited:
Pitts could move to being strictly a wideout, although from the TE position he creates a big mismatch for the safety or a linebacker. But in the run game, we need a bigger and better blocking TE. Lang & Odom fit the bill.

Reactions: grommit
What true freshman didn't redshirt this past season and played over 4 games?

Elam? Anyone else - Maybe Bogle I can't remember for sure how many did.

Edit: I see Diabate played more than I thought and about 3 more exceeded the 4 games.

Last edited:
According to the FloridaGators.com stats page, Bogle, Diabate & Elam played in all 13 games, Jaydon Hill played in 10, Keon Zipperer and Chester Kimbrough played in 8, Ethan White played in 6, and TyRon Hopper played in 4.

Reactions: Gator Fever
According to the FloridaGators.com stats page, Bogle, Diabate & Elam played in all 13 games, Jaydon Hill played in 10, Keon Zipperer and Chester Kimbrough played in 8, Ethan White played in 6, and TyRon Hopper played in 4.

Yep forgot Hill played in a bunch of games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT