ADVERTISEMENT

10 year old boy shoots mother for not buying him a VR headset and 6 year old shoots his teacher he was mad at...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

A 10-year-old Milwaukee boy intentionally aimed a gun at his mother, then shot and killed her, because she would not buy him a virtual reality headset, prosecutors said.

The boy initially told police that the Nov. 21 shooting was an accident, according to criminal charges obtained by the Journal Sentinel. But later he said he intentionally aimed at his mom before shooting her. The boy was charged as an adult last week with first-degree reckless homicide.

According to the complaint, the boy initially told officers he got the gun from his mother’s bedroom and went to the basement where she was doing laundry. He said he was twirling the gun around his finger when it went off. The boy was allowed to stay with family, and an initial release from police says the shooting was caused by a child "playing" with a gun.

A 6-year-old boy intentionally shot and gravely injured a female teacher during an “altercation” at a Virginia elementary school Friday, authorities said.

A 6-year-old student who witnessed the shooting told The Daily Press that her classmate shot their teacher “on purpose.”

The teacher was shot in the stomach and fell to her knees, said the girl, whose mother asked that she not be identified.
---------------------------------

Crazy stuff. Makes you wonder if these phones etc. are affecting these kids.

A 10-year-old Milwaukee boy intentionally aimed a gun at his mother, then shot and killed her, because she would not buy him a virtual reality headset, prosecutors said.

The boy initially told police that the Nov. 21 shooting was an accident, according to criminal charges obtained by the Journal Sentinel. But later he said he intentionally aimed at his mom before shooting her. The boy was charged as an adult last week with first-degree reckless homicide.

According to the complaint, the boy initially told officers he got the gun from his mother’s bedroom and went to the basement where she was doing laundry. He said he was twirling the gun around his finger when it went off. The boy was allowed to stay with family, and an initial release from police says the shooting was caused by a child "playing" with a gun.

A 6-year-old boy intentionally shot and gravely injured a female teacher during an “altercation” at a Virginia elementary school Friday, authorities said.

A 6-year-old student who witnessed the shooting told The Daily Press that her classmate shot their teacher “on purpose.”

The teacher was shot in the stomach and fell to her knees, said the girl, whose mother asked that she not be identified.

How do these kids get the guns in the first place?

That is an iffy issue there. Yep a 6 year old shouldn't be able to do that but a 10 year old that isn't slow might be able to even if you took decent precautions. I don't believe in any the handgun has to be secured in a locked box or have a lock on the trigger laws though because that gun might end up being useless to you if you have a sudden armed break in.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCSpell
That is an iffy issue there. Yep a 6 year old shouldn't be able to do that but a 10 year old that isn't slow might be able to even if you took decent precautions. I don't believe in any the handgun has to be secured in a locked box or have a lock on the trigger laws though because that gun might end up being useless to you if you have a sudden armed break in.
If you have children and firearms in the house you teach your kids about them and you secure them until you are sure they won't touch them.

Children are dumb, and apparently crazy now.

Doesn't matter how smart the kid is or how well trained.

Personal anecdote, I grew up in a non violent household with no weapons. My friend Scott next door, his dad was a CSM in the Army. There were unsecured firearms everywhere, including a very nice chrome plated series 70 Colt 1911 under the seat of his dads truck. We were told that if we ever got caught touching that 45, he would break all our fingers and then kill us.

He also showed us how to load it, unload it, and field strip and clean it.

And we finger ****ed it every chance we got. I suspect he knew that boys are stupid and figured this was the best way for us to understand it wasn't a toy. And I guess with us, it worked because we never messed with it loaded, pointed it at anyone, or thought about taking it to school. We also both joined the service in search of bigger weapons.

I've founded it best in my dealings with the children in my life is when I am awake, have my firearm on me and when I'm asleep have it unloaded and wherever I'm sleeping the door is secure. It's not going to be as effective as one ready to go but I prefer it to talking to law enforcement about the negligent discharge of my piece by a minor.

If you have children and firearms in the house you teach your kids about them and you secure them until you are sure they won't touch them.

Children are dumb, and apparently crazy now.

Doesn't matter how smart the kid is or how well trained.

Personal anecdote, I grew up in a non violent household with no weapons. My friend Scott next door, his dad was a CSM in the Army. There were unsecured firearms everywhere, including a very nice chrome plated series 70 Colt 1911 under the seat of his dads truck. We were told that if we ever got caught touching that 45, he would break all our fingers and then kill us.

He also showed us how to load it, unload it, and field strip and clean it.

And we finger ****ed it every chance we got. I suspect he knew that boys are stupid and figured this was the best way for us to understand it wasn't a toy. And I guess with us, it worked because we never messed with it loaded, pointed it at anyone, or thought about taking it to school. We also both joined the service in search of bigger weapons.

I've founded it best in my dealings with the children in my life is when I am awake, have my firearm on me and when I'm asleep have it unloaded and wherever I'm sleeping the door is secure. It's not going to be as effective as one ready to go but I prefer it to talking to law enforcement about the negligent discharge of my piece by a minor.
You also didn't have music videos and lyrics glorifying not only pointing it at people but using it as a show of force in your ear 24 hrs a day.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
yep and I don't remember Poison singing about popping a cap in a b--tches a-- or Billy Joel being involved in any drive-by shooting
Poison is not metal and neither is Billy Joel. Lol

The music I listened to glorified violence, sex, and suicide. Here I am, a mostly productive member of society.

The problem has never been the music, the video games, or the movies.

The problem is and always has been shitty parenting. There's just way more shitty parenting going on now, selfish people trying to be their kids friends and enabling them in their stupidity and lawlessness instead of trying to raise grownups and law abiding citizens.

Poison is not metal and neither is Billy Joel. Lol

The music I listened to glorified violence, sex, and suicide. Here I am, a mostly productive member of society.

The problem has never been the music, the video games, or the movies.

The problem is and always has been shitty parenting. There's just way more shitty parenting going on now, selfish people trying to be their kids friends and enabling them in their stupidity and lawlessness instead of trying to raise grownups and law abiding citizens.
I just went back and looked at the top 10 albums from every year in the 80's...I have no idea what you were listening to but it sure wasn't mainstream. Maybe fringe but not mainstream.
Desensitization thru media is absolutely a contributing factor.
NWA was in my rotation in the 80's but yet I never became a member of the Crips and I don't drive a '64 so no it is not absolute.
I do agree with you that parenting (and parental discipline) is the biggest issue. Parents are more concerned with being best friends than a parent and that enables the behavior. However, I don't think the parents are teaching this behavior...that behavior is being modeled from somewhere.

I just went back and looked at the top 10 albums from every year in the 80's...I have no idea what you were listening to but it sure wasn't mainstream. Maybe fringe but not mainstream.
Desensitization thru media is absolutely a contributing factor.
NWA was in my rotation in the 80's but yet I never became a member of the Crips and I don't drive a '64 so no it is not absolute.
I do agree with you that parenting (and parental discipline) is the biggest issue. Parents are more concerned with being best friends than a parent and that enables the behavior. However, I don't think the parents are teaching this behavior...that behavior is being modeled from somewhere.
Kill em all, Metallica's first album, released 1984

Contains songs about the apocalypse, gay bashing, war, and a fun one written by Megadeth's Dave Mustaine about sex and the Devil.

That was what me and my buddies were listening to in middle school. Plus Easy E, 2 Live Crew and NWA.

I've gotten off track.

I got bullied pretty much daily from middle school til I got to college.

I had access to the key to my neighbors house which contained fun things like a Colt CAR-15 with a hell fire trigger and a Sentinel Striker-12.

Both are NFA items now, but the point is it would have never occurred to me to break into my neighbors house, steal his guns, take them to school and shoot anyone, including my bullies.

And that's because I understood that Full Metal Jacket was a movie, Mortal Kombat was a game, and I lived in a suburb of Jax and not South Central LA.

Someone isn't teaching their kids right from wrong anymore, or I suspect, isn't teaching them anything at all, and letting the internet fill in the gaps.

Kill em all, Metallica's first album, released 1984

Contains songs about the apocalypse, gay bashing, war, and a fun one written by Megadeth's Dave Mustaine about sex and the Devil.

That was what me and my buddies were listening to in middle school. Plus Easy E, 2 Live Crew and NWA.
My son graduated HS in 1996 and unbeknownst to his Dad and I he had those stashed away too. A white kid who lived in an affluent white neighborhood and went to an affluent white school with three black kids out of almost 500 in his class.
Amazingly it didn’t make him a gangster. He’s now the CFO of a large hospital system and has a wife, two kids, three dogs, and a mortgage. 🤨

Reactions: EvilWayz

Unbelievable reading that mess and how the administrators just ignored the reports of a gun. I guess parents are saying they force these out of control students into regular classes now and they just disrupt class constantly.

A lot of these issues stem from bad parenting. Children at that age need ass whuppins and taught gun safety as well as if you touch my guns, you'll regret it and won't be sitting down for a month. When I was in high school we all carried our shotguns, rifles, and or pistols to school with us and kept them locked in our vehicles. Nobody got shot, there were no mass school shootings. It's a culture problem, not a gun problem.

Well, he certainly doesn't deserve the VR headset now.
That's probably what the presiding judge will say.

A lot of these issues stem from bad parenting. Children at that age need ass whuppins and taught gun safety as well as if you touch my guns, you'll regret it and won't be sitting down for a month. When I was in high school we all carried our shotguns, rifles, and or pistols to school with us and kept them locked in our vehicles. Nobody got shot, there were no mass school shootings. It's a culture problem, not a gun problem.
It wasn't that there were no mass killings in schools, they didn't get the press they do now.

There have been mass killings since long before there were guns.

The first recorded school massacre occurred in 413 b.c. at Mycalessus when Thracian mercenaries wiped out a boys school at the end of the Peloponnesian War.

The first school massacre in North America occurred in 1764 when 4 Lenape Indians killed and scalped 10 children at the Enoch Brown school in Greencastle, Pennsylvania.

Neither involved firearms.

The media needs to remove the glory from it, so worthless people and their copycats don't get their 15 minutes of fame.

They won't, because if it bleeds, it leads.

Unbelievable reading that mess and how the administrators just ignored the reports of a gun. I guess parents are saying they force these out of control students into regular classes now and they just disrupt class constantly.
Well putting kids like this in the regular class should not be allowed. I do not see how putting him in a class with other miscreants does anything but foster an environment for future criminals. Corporal punishment might cow him until he is an adult and then you have a mass murderer waiting to act out. We need to bring back institutions for the criminally insane. Sadly this kids disability should see him institutionalized for life.

Well putting kids like this in the regular class should not be allowed. I do not see how putting him in a class with other miscreants does anything but foster an environment for future criminals. Corporal punishment might cow him until he is an adult and then you have a mass murderer waiting to act out. We need to bring back institutions for the criminally insane. Sadly this kids disability should see him institutionalized for life.
I said it years ago. We don't know how it is in other countries because we ignore Red Flags as an Ostrich with its head under wing. There should be metal detectors at every public building with heavily armed personnel, they will never do this so the shootings and stabbings will continue. Getting weapons out of civilians' hands is not the answer. You can't trust anyone ever that is Godless.
Placing Jesus in our children's heart is the only way to peace, you can try every secular method but only Christ has the way to peace on earth everything else is led by serving mammon and evil.

FOUR PEOPLE warned the Administration - including the teacher herself - that the child might have a gun. Three teachers and a maintenance staffer, Ignored.
The District Superintendent and the Assistant Principal (Dr. Ebony Williams) have subsequently been forced out.
This child had to have a parent in class with him daily and this was the first week he’d been coming by himself. He’d already threatened some classmates on the playground and told one that he had a gun and would kill him if he snitched.

This child was a bad seed from the get go. He had zero business being mainstreamed and if you watch a YouTube of a school board meeting the parents were furious because most didn’t know this boy was in school alongside their kids.

History is interesting but if the gun is accessible and you KNOW your kid came out of the oven half baked it’s on YOU to keep the damn thing locked up.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

I hope the teacher gets $50 million. BTW she still has that bullet stuck in her chest.

And I hope every so called educator who had a single thing to do with this entirely avoidable incident is run out of the industry. Political correctness 💩💩💩is what caused this.

FOUR PEOPLE warned the Administration - including the teacher herself - that the child might have a gun. Three teachers and a maintenance staffer, Ignored.
The District Superintendent and the Assistant Principal (Dr. Ebony Williams) have subsequently been forced out.
This child had to have a parent in class with him daily and this was the first week he’d been coming by himself. He’d already threatened some classmates on the playground and told one that he had a gun and would kill him if he snitched.

This child was a bad seed from the get go. He had zero business being mainstreamed and if you watch a YouTube of a school board meeting the parents were furious because most didn’t know this boy was in school alongside their kids.

History is interesting but if the gun is accessible and you KNOW your kid came out of the oven half baked it’s on YOU to keep the damn thing locked up.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

I hope the teacher gets $50 million. BTW she still has that bullet stuck in her chest.

And I hope every so called educator who had a single thing to do with this entirely avoidable incident is run out of the industry. Political correctness 💩💩💩is what caused this.

Crazy suff but I think this would be a negligence case which falls under state courts where the county/state has a limit on what they can be forced to pay. Not sure the case there but in FL the limit is only a few hundred thousand unless they carry insurance to cover more. It takes a state bill to get paid more and most times the state wont pass a bill (in Florida anyway) no matter what the jury rules. They probably make some deal for more here since its a really big story though.

Are they claiming it had a trigger lock and the kid removed it? I think an unsecured gun around a minor is a misdemeanor in that state I read but not sure if a trigger lock would cover them from being charged for something or not.

Crazy suff but I think this would be a negligence case which falls under state courts where the county/state has a limit on what they can be forced to pay. Not sure the case there but in FL the limit is only a few hundred thousand unless they carry insurance to cover more. It takes a state bill to get paid more and most times the state wont pass a bill (in Florida anyway) no matter what the jury rules. They probably make some deal for more here since its a really big story though.

Are they claiming it had a trigger lock and the kid removed it? I think an unsecured gun around a minor is a misdemeanor in that state I read but not sure if a trigger lock would cover them from being charged for something or not.
Which article was this?

Generally if a gun safety device is broken or otherwise compromised in the commission of a felony there is no liability on the owner as a good faith attempt was made to store and secure the weapon in accordance with statute.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Which article was this?

Generally if a gun safety device is broken or otherwise compromised in the commission of a felony there is no liability on the owner as a good faith attempt was made to store and secure the weapon in accordance with statute.

I remember reading they said it had a trigger lock removed somewhere.

§ 18.2-56.2. Allowing access to firearms by children; penalty.​

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm in such a manner as to endanger the life or limb of any child under the age of fourteen. Any person violating the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

B. It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to authorize a child under the age of twelve to use a firearm except when the child is under the supervision of an adult. Any person violating this subsection shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. For purposes of this subsection, "adult" shall mean a parent, guardian, person standing in loco parentis to the child or a person twenty-one years or over who has the permission of the parent, guardian, or person standing in loco parentis to supervise the child in the use of a firearm.

This statute in VA seems to mostly just be covering a kid getting the gun and shooting themselves or a sibling and its only a misdemeanor. Not sure if they have any case law on whether a trigger lock is enough or not to be considered secure.

I remember reading they said it had a trigger lock removed somewhere.

§ 18.2-56.2. Allowing access to firearms by children; penalty.​

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm in such a manner as to endanger the life or limb of any child under the age of fourteen. Any person violating the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

B. It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly to authorize a child under the age of twelve to use a firearm except when the child is under the supervision of an adult. Any person violating this subsection shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. For purposes of this subsection, "adult" shall mean a parent, guardian, person standing in loco parentis to the child or a person twenty-one years or over who has the permission of the parent, guardian, or person standing in loco parentis to supervise the child in the use of a firearm.

This statute in VA seems to mostly just be covering a kid getting the gun and shooting themselves or a sibling and its only a misdemeanor. Not sure if they have any case law on whether a trigger lock is enough or not to be considered secure.
Locks don't stop criminals, they keep the honest, honest.

Once a year before they take them and sell them UPD tags bikes and basically says if its yours come get it and we'll look the other way if you can't find your key or forgot the combination. Those expensive U locks can be defeated with a five dollar hacksaw if you have half an hour. The point of the lock is to make a thief seek an easier target.

Your kid lives at your house, knows where the gun is and probably is alone in the house more than you. If he wants at the gun he's going to get to it eventually. So that's a slippery slope, not everyone can afford a safe.

If a trigger lock doesn't count I have no idea why they would sell them. I wouldn't want my customers thinking they were in minimum compliance with the law if they weren't.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Locks don't stop criminals, they keep the honest, honest.

Once a year before they take them and sell them UPD tags bikes and basically says if its yours come get it and we'll look the other way if you can't find your key or forgot the combination. Those expensive U locks can be defeated with a five dollar hacksaw if you have half an hour. The point of the lock is to make a thief seek an easier target.

Your kid lives at your house, knows where the gun is and probably is alone in the house more than you. If he wants at the gun he's going to get to it eventually. So that's a slippery slope, not everyone can afford a safe.

If a trigger lock doesn't count I have no idea why they would sell them. I wouldn't want my customers thinking they were in minimum compliance with the law if they weren't.

Yep my guess is a trigger lock would count even though like you say that kid is going to know everything about where stuff is in that house. If I knew I had a devil kid I probably have the key with me at all times even while sleeping.

Here is my question. You go to the admin to tell them a kid has a gun, the admin does nothing, so what do you do about it, well, in this case, nothing. How about calling the police. If you know a kid has a gun, forget the admin, call the POLICE.

Here is my question. You go to the admin to tell them a kid has a gun, the admin does nothing, so what do you do about it, well, in this case, nothing. How about calling the police. If you know a kid has a gun, forget the admin, call the POLICE.

She probably would have been retaliated against if that kids story about actually seeing the gun turned out to be false though. Its a shame we have let the schools turn into what they are now. When I was in school the school itself would have tore that kid's behind up even if the parents refused to do anything about his crazy behavior. Florida law says the parents just have to be notified after physical punishment and it was these administrators that mostly did away with spankings though I think a few rural counties in N FL still spank kids for giving trouble. If he was just mentally deranged this trying to integrate all the students mess needs to end.

Its getting crazy here in MD. In my County, no regular backpacks, only small string backpacks, which MUST be left in their locker and no heavy winter coats allowed. Other Counties have move on to clear plastic backpacks only.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT