ADVERTISEMENT

Too soon to talk football? [predict the season(s)]

I wonder how many teams play 4+ preseason top 15 schools.

Alaska, you obviously have time. How about digging that up?

Lets see, 4 "preseason" top 15 teams.

1.) Ole Miss - Fraudulent. Will probably end the season unranked.

2.) LSU - Should have been around 17. Offense will be awful again. Will probably end up around 18-20

2.) UGA - See Ole Miss. You destroyed them last year so what does that tell you?? Won't be anywhere near the top ten when it's all said and done.

4.) FSU will be the only team you play that will end up in the top 10.

Hey, it's another "Look at little brother!" thread started by a Nole.

You make that up all by yourself, MJ?

Let see, thread title, "Predict the season" (I've started one every year for 5 straight years)

The thread made it 12 posts before an unnamed poster had to take a dig at FSU in an otherwise normal conversation. The complete premise of the thread unraveled from there delving into a conference/SOS smack-fest. You could have taken an opportunity to get us back on track, MJ, but you chose otherwise.

You make that up all by yourself, MJ?

The complete premise of the thread unraveled from there delving into a conference/SOS smack-fest. You could have taken an opportunity to get us back on track, MJ, but you chose otherwise.

2.) LSU - Should have been around 17. Offense will be awful again. Will probably end up around 18-20

2.) UGA - See Ole Miss. You destroyed them last year so what does that tell you?? Won't be anywhere near the top ten when it's all said and done.

I agree about LSU. They are mired in UGA territory now but with a much worse offense and Miles might be the worst coach in the division.

I'm a firm believer that tougher competition makes your team better, otherwise you're simply building a false sense of success that will simply unravel once you meet a quality team. Thoughts?

Generally, yes. Especially when you're a contender where rankings and SOS is so important. But in the stage we're at as a program no I don't think it matters. Results are everything for us right now so I don't care who it comes against. I highly doubt we'll be in championship contention anyway so I'd rather be 9-3 or 10-2 even if the schedule is poor.

Bay, the fact you are asking someone else to research that amazes me since you come across as a know it all. Good to know you are human.

There is a lot I don't know.

One thing I don't know is how at 11:44am Alaska thinks UF has a very favorable strength of schedule ("I updated the OP, adding the Coaches Pre-season Top 25. Looks very favorable, SOS-wise, for UF")

but 2 hours later

Alaska finds it "odd" that UF's strength of schedule is not thought of highly. ("I don't know off the top of my head, but this source doesn't think too highly of UF's SOS. (which I honestly find odd)"

I also don't know if the Mets are going to make another move before the deadline tomorrow.

Last edited:
So the Seminole thinks the only Top 15 team on UF's schedule that the coaches got right is fsu.

Weird

Why is preseason in quotes? Is it not really the preseason?

There is a lot I don't know.

One thing I don't know is how at 11:44am Alaska thinks UF has a very favorable strength of schedule ("I updated the OP, adding the Coaches Pre-season Top 25. Looks very favorable, SOS-wise, for UF")

but 2 hours later

Alaska finds it "odd" that UF's strength of schedule is not thought of highly. ("I don't know off the top of my head, but this source doesn't think too highly of UF's SOS. (which I honestly find odd)"

I know, right!?! The Coaches Poll has UF playing 5 Top 25 teams, but the folks who put that article out (albeit before the polls were released) had UF's SOS all the way down at 41. I wonder what they'd put it at today?

...and you play? How many teams do you play that will end up in "your" imaginary top ten?
I will sat this, this is the easiest schedule we have had in awhile, I hope we can take advantage of it, a lot of games are going to have real tight point spreads

This was supposed to be fun...predict the season...how do you think your team (and the other team) will do. We got about 10 predictions and 4 pages of conference smack. Oh well.

If LSU finds a decent QB they will be very good. They are always pretty stout on defense and they are loaded on the oline, WR and RB.

Same goes for Ole Miss. If they can get some good QB play they will be very good as well. Ole Miss was very good last year everywhere but QB.

As for UGA. They are always talented. They just seem to underachieve more often than not.

The SEC in general is loaded with talent. More talent than anywhere else in the country. In 2014 QB play wasn't as good as it has been in the past.

Miss St has averaged 7 wins a season for the last 7 seasons. Let's not make them Bama west just yet either.

Because they have to be Bama to be better than those teams yearly

LOL

I'm a firm believer that tougher competition makes your team better, otherwise you're simply building a false sense of success that will simply unravel once you meet a quality team. Thoughts?

A false sense of success sure beats the hell out of what we've experienced the last 4 years

All of the above is certainly possible, so many teams are coming into the season with new QBs which makes it tougher to predict. If Ole Miss, LSU, and UGA are all overrated and FSU is underrated (in your opinion), I'd like to see your predicted top 25?

This was supposed to be fun...predict the season...how do you think your team (and the other team) will do. We got about 10 predictions and 4 pages of conference smack. Oh well.

yea, I agree, let's try to talk about something else besides the SEC/ACC

I am going to predict that unless FSU runs the table, neither they, nor any other team from the ACC will get in invite. Assuming no ACC team runs the table.

I am going to predict that a one loss conference champion from any of the other four big conferences WILL get an invite.

I am going to predict that unless FSU runs the table, neither they, nor any other team from the ACC will get in invite. Assuming no ACC team runs the table.

I am going to predict that a one loss conference champion from any of the other four big conferences WILL get an invite.

No way of knowing that. Nobody thought that Ohio State would get in last year, especially after that bad loss to VT. They got in and that was after a decade of being the butt of jokes about how bad the Big Ten is. If FSU is perceived as being one of the best 4 they will get in, conference perception be damned.

No way of knowing that. Nobody thought that Ohio State would get in last year, especially after that bad loss to VT. They got in and that was after a decade of being the butt of jokes about how bad the Big Ten is. If FSU is perceived as being one of the best 4 they will get in, conference perception be damned.
interesting enough FSU was one of the 4 teams to get invited to the playoffs last season but proved once they got there that they weren't one of the top 4 teams in the country. Of the 4 teams in the playoff they were the only team that didn't look like they belonged anywhere near the playoff.

interesting enough FSU was one of the 4 teams to get invited to the playoffs last season but proved once they got there that they weren't one of the top 4 teams in the country. Of the 4 teams in the playoff they were the only team that didn't look like they belonged anywhere near the playoff.

Way to miss the point, as usual. But since you are gonna go there, yes FSU deserved to be there, yes FSU had a bad game with an absurd number of turnovers (on 4 successive drives in the third quarter) which made the game into a blowout. The offense, which racked up more than 500 yards of offense had a bad game with turnovers. Experts said after the game Winston clearly outplayed Mariota.

Way to miss the point, as usual. But since you are gonna go there, yes FSU deserved to be there, yes FSU had a bad game with an absurd number of turnovers (on 4 successive drives in the third quarter) which made the game into a blowout. The offense, which racked up more than 500 yards of offense had a bad game with turnovers. Experts said after the game Winston clearly outplayed Mariota.
Actually the point was FSU never looked like a top 4 team the entire season. Do you not agree? FSU struggled in just about every game they played. FSU looked overmatched against Oregon because FSUs defense wasn't very good and they don't have a very good DC.

FSU would not have been invited last year with one loss. Unless they look a whole lot better this year that won't happen this year either.

What are the chances of FSU looking better this year? After losing a first round draft pick at QB. Plus Phil Steele ranks FSU's OL experience at #127 out of #128. (Career Starts Offensive Line)

Reactions: lincolnhs
FSU would not have been invited last year with one loss. Unless they look a whole lot better this year that won't happen this year either.

What are the chances of FSU looking better this year? After losing a first round draft pick at QB. Plus Phil Steele ranks FSU's OL experience at #127 out of #128. (Career Starts Offensive Line)

We're used to losing first round QB's. I expect Golson will win the starting QB battle. The offense will be fine. Our biggest question by far is depth at linebacker. The team is extremely talented but extremely young.

Wait...did FSU fans forget that they were the only undefeated team in the playoffs and weren't even the top seed?

And please...Winston played better that Marcus? Was the expert polled named Burt Reynolds? Because that is hilarious. FSU got embarrassed.

Is this seriously being debated?

What "experts"? Statements like this is when you nole posters lose all credibility

it doesn't matter what team you like or don't like, saying he outplayed the QB that's team rolled up 59 points is... special, even for you guys

Reactions: lincolnhs
We could go anywhere from 5-7 (if there was an early loss to KY) to 8-4 pre-bowl depending on how the ball bounces and the health of the O line. 7-5 is my guess.

Interesting. The Noles say "Hey, Florida is playing a sucky schedule next year based on winning percentages from last year!"

Gators say,"Hey, FSU is losing a lot of talent this year. They barely made it into the playoff last year even thought they were the only undefeated team. Based on that, no way a one loss FSU team makes it to the playoff this year."

FSU fans; "You can't possibility predict that."

A 12-1 FSU could certainly make it into the playoffs. Love how you guys take a sample size of 1 and extrapolate future trends from it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT