ADVERTISEMENT

Too soon to talk football? [predict the season(s)]

I don't know if i'd call them a sleeper. They have finished in the top 5 multiple years recently and they have an AWESOME DL coming back with a top 15 pick or higher at QB as a senior with some nice guys to get the ball too. I expect them to beat Ohio State in November

I don't know if i'd call them a sleeper. They have finished in the top 5 multiple years recently and they have an AWESOME DL coming back with a top 15 pick or higher at QB as a senior with some nice guys to get the ball too. I expect them to beat Ohio State in November

OK, probably not a sleeper but a little off the radar, none of the national pundits are talking about them in the final four. Agree with you on their DL. Their OL is strong, too. They need one of their young RBs to step up, otherwise, they're strong and very well coached.

but they have EVERYTHING else around them, if they have a decent QB they are competing for a title.

That's been their issue for damn near a decade and they still keep running that outdated, predictable offense.

Well it opened up in 2013 with Mett and they put up big numbers and they have a good NFL OC... They went back to dumbing it down with their awful QB's last year. Ill be interested to see what they decided for this year, because they are loaded everywhere else.

Last year was the year I expected them to falter and they lost 5 games.. Hard to see that two years in a row with all the young talent overall they have coming back. They are stacked at many positions

I actually agree. With Dabo Swinney as their head coach and no more Chad Morris I want to see how Clemson performs.

This is something that tends to get overlooked when discussing Clemson. I'm curious to see where that offense goes without him.

Huh? why couldn't they?
Uncharacteristic turnovers with a pick 6 when nobody was around, a ECU fumble at the two yard line on a blown OL assignment, and another pick in the end zone to finalize the loss. We went up and down the field on Florida but couldn't seal the deal.

I expect this year we will be better than last year.

The sun got in our eyes
Our socks did not match
The dog ate our homework
It wasn't OUR FAUUUUUULT!

Uncharacteristic turnovers with a pick 6 when nobody was around, a ECU fumble at the two yard line on a blown OL assignment, and another pick in the end zone to finalize the loss. We went up and down the field on Florida but couldn't seal the deal.

Good lord

This is the problem with other teams losing to stout SEC defenses, they really just think they had an off day. Gerald Willis destroyed the middle of your line on that fumble in Goal line and took the ball... The INT happened because of pressure and a few wake up calls the QB had already received before that in the pocket. Most teams moved the ball on us in between the 20's last year, but that means nothing because our defenses rely on explosive negative plays and turnovers. Which is what happened in that game, so it was just the usual for our defense. If Treon doesn't get injured we win that game going away.

To put it simply, you are going to have it even harder this year, with a better staff, offense, QB, defensive scheme.. and on our home turf.

Everybody thinks they will be better this time of year, but considering you lost your 3 yr. starter at QB and your top 3 WRs, I don't see it happening. Get prepared for the beat down on Sept. 12

All I can say is if we lose to the dumpster fire that is Tennessee, I will be handing the rest of my Touchdown Terrace tickets away on the sidewalk after the game. If we can't beat those idiots and their illiterate doofus of a coach, we shouldn't expect to win a single game this year.

-UK might give us problems as it's early in the year but we should win, even their people admit that this year.
-Georgia has another new QB in the ranks this year and we basically know ahead of time they will be riding the Chubb. If our offense gets any better this year, that gives us an advantage considering what we did to them last year throwing only 6 times.
-Ole Miss, didn't they have a defense of mostly seniors last year, or was that Mississippi? I get the two confused but I'm pretty sure it was Piss and they lost a LOT of that talent for this year. The fact that it's a home game gives me hope at least.
-Missouri is a who knows but I'm willing to not be too optimistic after what they were able to do to us last year at home. This I would say is an L right now.
-LSU would be the same even though we could have/should have beat them last year, the game this year is in Death Valley.
-Vandy is homecoming at home. Let's hope coach McE starts a tradition of taking back The Swamp and has a good game against them. Easy W.
-South Carolina is another big ? just like UGLY. No QB as of right now. Their defense was a wreck last year and we only lost to them at home because Muschamp can't smell a blocked kick from right in front of his nose. They are at home though and it's SOS, so this could go either way. L probably.
-FSU will be either way as well. At this point if we've had the season we want to have, I think our players will be coming into this game with a chip on their shoulder and revenge on their minds. FSU lost Rapist#5 and all it's receiving talent from last year, as well as 3 starting OL I believe. They will be riding Mike Tyson at running back again as usual and he'll hurt us bad. This game goes either way and we won't know for sure how good/bad either team is till later in the season. Right now too much is up in the air for both to meet/exceed expectations.
-Expect 3 wins from the 3 ACC teams we play as non-conference gimmie games, unless one or more is rained out just like last year. That's 6 wins I think we're guaranteed. 2 (Miss/LSU) I expect us to fully lose. and 4 (FSU/UGLY/USC/OleMiss) that are tossups. As good as 10-2 or as bad as 6-6, that's not saying much, so I'd say split the difference and we get 8 wins in year one. A lot will be riding on this offensive line and if we can catch passes.

Ap top 25 came out yesterday, UF plays 6 top 25 teams, I haven't had a chance to check yet to see who else plays that many, probably a couple of other SEC or PAC12 schools I would think

I can't remember if I wrote some predictions in this thread.

I think Florida wins at least nine games, including the games against Tennessee, UGA and FSU.

I think FSU loses at least three games, and maybe four. Each of the losses will probably be road games. The games at GaTech, @ Clemson and @ Florida are the likely losses, but other losses could come from other games

Here are my season predictions:

1. At some point Numbers will try to blame Driskel

2. At some point Danny will atttempt to blame Meyer

3. At many points Michi will complain about the offense being too conservative and blame ia all on Nuss

4. About the bginning of November MJ will begin to give us updates on bball in the post-Billy era

5. At some point Paco will try to defend a zero star kid as being way underrated becauae we take him

6. oozie will like the way the season is going, while still talking about how the Oregon style would be killer with UF athletes

7. pass will tell me I need to calm down when I start calling Nuss names

8. JD will get mad at me when I go on an anti-Foley tirade

Here are my season predictions:

1. At some point Numbers will try to blame Driskel

2. At some point Danny will atttempt to blame Meyer

3. At many points Michi will complain about the offense being too conservative and blame ia all on Nuss

4. About the bginning of November MJ will begin to give us updates on bball in the post-Billy era

5. At some point Paco will try to defend a zero star kid as being way underrated becauae we take him

6. oozie will like the way the season is going, while still talking about how the Oregon style would be killer with UF athletes

7. pass will tell me I need to calm down when I start calling Nuss names

8. JD will get mad at me when I go on an anti-Foley tirade

LOL

Ap top 25 came out yesterday, UF plays 6 top 25 teams, I haven't had a chance to check yet to see who else plays that many, probably a couple of other SEC or PAC12 schools I would think

FSU plays 2 top 25 teams, Alabama plays 7

Gators win East. Why, I remember what he did to the then #1 Defense in the land (Gators) 2009 in his second year at Bama. Coupled with the 1 year at Fresno State with over 400yds per game 9-4 record in 07. He WILL turn this around faster than this division will imagine!

From the ECU board;

Sources tell our Billy Weaver ECU starting quarterback Kurt Benkert is out for the season with a torn ACL.
The source says Benkert suffered the injury during the late stages of practice on Tuesday and had an MRI that confirmed the injury.

Benkert was named the Pirates' starting quarterback a week ago today.

An Island Coast High School product from Cape Coral, Fla., Benkert played in three games as a redshirt freshman behind record-setting performer Shane Carden in 2014, completing eight-of-10 passes for 58 yards and suffering one interception. He also rushed for 23 yards and a pair of touchdowns on five carries.

With that schedule I would hope so. There are only 3-4 losable games on your entire schedule at most. Anything worse than 10-2 with that schedule and the talent FSU has would be really really bad. Clemson is the only program in the entire conference that has somewhat comparable talent to FSU.

LMAO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT