ADVERTISEMENT

Too soon to talk football? [predict the season(s)]

alaskanseminole

Bull Gator
Oct 20, 2002
San Antonio, TX
The season is vastly approaching...what are your thoughts on each school's upcoming season. Considering the board, I'll play accordingly:

[updated w/ pre-season coaches poll]

The good guys (UF)
Sep. 5 New Mexico St. - W
Sep. 12 East Carolina - W
Sep. 19 at Kentucky - W
Sep. 26 Tennessee (#25) - W
Oct. 3 Ole Miss (#15) - L
Oct. 10 at Missouri (#23) - L
Oct. 17 at LSU (#13) - L
Oct. 31 Georgia (#9) - L
Nov. 7 Vanderbilt - W
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - W
Nov. 21 Florida Atlantic - W
Nov. 28 Florida State (#8) - L

Final: 7-5 with a bowl berth

The bad guys (F$U)
Sep. 5 Texas State - W
Sep. 12 South Florida - W
Sep. 18 at Boston College - W
Oct. 3 at Wake Forest - W
Oct. 10 Miami-FL - W
Oct. 17 Louisville - W
Oct. 24 at Georgia Tech (#17) - L
Oct. 31 Syracuse - W
Nov. 7 at Clemson (#12) - L
Nov. 14 NC State - W
Nov. 21 Chattanooga - W
Nov. 28 at Florida - W

Final: 10-2 with a bowl berth and no ACCCG

Other teams on our schedules receiving Top 25 votes:

UF
- South Carolina 18
- Kentucky 1

FSU

- Louisville 27
- Miami (Fla.) 16
- North Carolina State 3
- Florida 2
- North Carolina 2

Last edited:
Sep. 5 New Mexico St. - W (arguably worst program in FBS)
Sep. 12 East Carolina - W (Beat them in bowl game with several players opting out)
Sep. 19 at Kentucky - L (KY should have won last year, will have home-field and should be a huge emotional game for them.)
Sep. 26 Tennessee - L ( should have lost to them last year. They have a QB now, and a talented team.)
Oct. 3 Ole Miss - L (Too much talent and depth for us to handle right now, could be close)
Oct. 10 at Missouri - L ( See above- likely blowout)
Oct. 17 at LSU - L (see above, likely blowout)
Oct. 31 Georgia - L (Richt will have them ready after we embarrassed them by running 4 offensive plays over and over.)
Nov. 7 Vanderbilt - W (Vandy sucks)
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - L (Spurrier)
Nov. 21 Florida Atlantic - W (They're FAU)
Nov. 28 Florida State - L (more talent/depth, blowout)

4-8, home for the holidays.

Reactions: -MDVOL
I'm going with an 8-4 record for UF this year. The toughest game on the schedule IMO is at LSU.

Home slate is more than manageable with any semblance of an offense. Could see us running the table at home.

Could also see us going 0fer on the road if the offense is as anemic as it has been the last 2 years.

Sep. 19 at Kentucky - Toss Up
Sep. 26 Tennessee - Toss Up
Oct. 3 Ole Miss - Toss Up
Oct. 10 at Missouri - Toss Up
Oct. 17 at LSU - L
Oct. 31 Georgia - Toss Up
Nov. 7 Vanderbilt - W
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - Toss Up
Nov. 28 Florida State - Toss Up

So the way I see it, we have what should be 4 guaranteed wins. One sure L because LSU just doesn't lose at home, and 7 toss ups. I say we go 3-4 or 4-3 in our toss up games and go 7-5 or 8-4. 8-4 with the offense getting better and better by the end of the year would be a great first year and hopefully a spring board.

Sep. 19 at Kentucky - Toss Up
Sep. 26 Tennessee - Toss Up
Oct. 3 Ole Miss - Toss Up
Oct. 10 at Missouri - Toss Up
Oct. 17 at LSU - L
Oct. 31 Georgia - Toss Up
Nov. 7 Vanderbilt - W
Nov. 14 at South Carolina - Toss Up
Nov. 28 Florida State - Toss Up

So the way I see it, we have what should be 4 guaranteed wins. One sure L because LSU just doesn't lose at home, and 7 toss ups. I say we go 3-4 or 4-3 in our toss up games and go 7-5 or 8-4. 8-4 with the offense getting better and better by the end of the year would be a great first year and hopefully a spring board.

I would agree with most of this.

Florida

Sep. 19 at Kentucky - W
Sep. 26 Tennessee - L
Oct. 3 Ole Miss - L
Oct. 10 at Missouri - L
Oct. 17 at LSU - L
Oct. 31 Georgia - W
Nov. 7 Vanderbilt - W
Nov. 28 Florida State - L

Florida finish 8-4

Florida State

Sep. 5 Texas State - W
Sep. 18 at Boston College - L
Oct. 10 Miami-FL - W
Oct. 17 Louisville - W
Oct. 24 at Georgia Tech - W
Oct. 31 Syracuse - W
Nov. 7 at Clemson - L
Nov. 14 NC State - W
Nov. 21 Chattanooga - W
Nov. 28 at Florida - W

Boston College ambushes us and we lose at Clemson. 10-2

Florida

Sep. 19 at Kentucky - W
Sep. 26 Tennessee - L
Oct. 3 Ole Miss - L
Oct. 10 at Missouri - L
Oct. 17 at LSU - L
Oct. 31 Georgia - W
Nov. 7 Vanderbilt - W
Nov. 28 Florida State - L

Florida finish 8-4

Florida State

Sep. 5 Texas State - W
Sep. 18 at Boston College - L
Oct. 10 Miami-FL - W
Oct. 17 Louisville - W
Oct. 24 at Georgia Tech - W
Oct. 31 Syracuse - W
Nov. 7 at Clemson - L
Nov. 14 NC State - W
Nov. 21 Chattanooga - W
Nov. 28 at Florida - W

Boston College ambushes us and we lose at Clemson. 10-2

"Check your "Nole Math" on the Gator final record", said an eventual Gator poster.

We'll be Vegas underdogs before the start of the season in 6, maybe 7 games. I'd like to have FSU's schedule, we could go 9-3, 10-2 with that schedule

We'll be Vegas underdogs before the start of the season in 6, maybe 7 games. I'd like to have FSU's schedule, we could go 9-3, 10-2 with that schedule

Lol. You have no idea what kind of team you will field or if you even have a capable qb, but you would go 10-2 with our schedule?? That is hilarious. I don't even think you would win at Boston College. And who know if you can beat USF.

Lol. You have no idea what kind of team you will field or if you even have a capable qb, but you would go 10-2 with our schedule?? That is hilarious. I don't even think you would win at Boston College. And who know if you can beat USF.

But they play in that super difficult SEC East, dan....you know the one that beat all those ACC teams last season.

But they play in that super difficult SEC East, dan....you know the one that beat all those ACC teams last season.

Exactly lol. The SEC East division is absolutely awful and the West was hilariously overrated last season. Right now, based on recent history, Florida is probably rated somewhere in the mid 30's or maybe even lower.

So are you BSing in this latter post or your former post? You can't reconcile the two, no matter how hard you try.

Exactly lol. The SEC East division is absolutely awful and the West was hilariously overrated last season. Right now, based on recent history, Florida is probably rated somewhere in the mid 30's or maybe even lower.

I would mostly agree with that, which would be higher-rated than everyone on FSU's schedule except Clemson, Louisville, and Ga. Tech...which is my point.

I would mostly agree with that, which would be higher-rated than everyone on FSU's schedule except Clemson, Louisville, and Ga. Tech...which is my point.

and FSU, you would have to replace yourselves with us if we're switching schedules. So that is 4 losses with possible losses to BC and NC State as well.

In all seriousness, Paco, our schedules are actually pretty comparable if we're simply going to factor in last season's performance coupled with this year's expectations.

UF's Upper Tier SOS
Ole Miss
LSU
Georgia
FSU

FSU's Upper Tier SOS
Louisville
Georgia Tech
Clemson

UF's Mid Tier SOS
Kentucky
Tennessee
Missouri
South Carolina

FSU's Mid Tier SOS
South Florida
Boston College
Miami-FL
NC State
Florida

UF's Lower Tier SOS
New Mexico St.
East Carolina
Vanderbilt
Florida Atlantic

FSU's Lower Tier SOS
Texas State
Wake Forest
Syracuse
Chattanooga

As you can see the SOS "game changer" is the fact FSU is an upper tier contributor to your SOS whereas UF is only a mid-tier contributor to FSU's.

In all seriousness, Paco, our schedules are actually pretty comparable if we're simply going to factor in last season's performance coupled with this year's expectations.

UF's Upper Tier SOS
Ole Miss
LSU
Georgia
FSU

FSU's Upper Tier SOS
Louisville
Georgia Tech
Clemson

UF's Mid Tier SOS
Kentucky
Tennessee
Missouri
South Carolina

FSU's Mid Tier SOS
South Florida
Boston College
Miami-FL
NC State
Florida

UF's Lower Tier SOS
New Mexico St.
East Carolina
Vanderbilt
Florida Atlantic

FSU's Lower Tier SOS
Texas State
Wake Forest
Syracuse
Chattanooga

As you can see the SOS "game changer" is the fact FSU is an upper tier contributor to your SOS whereas UF is only a mid-tier contributor to FSU's.

LOL!! Seriously? What a joke! How is Mizzou in the mid-tier for UF when they finished 11-3 and won the SEC East last year. How in the hell is USF in the mid-tier? They were 4-8 last year and have a coach on the hot seat.

UFs schedule isn't as tough as it usually is, but it is still tougher than FSUs schedule. I still find it hysterical you had the guts to put USF in the "mid-tier"

Reactions: RD_Gator
LOL!! Seriously? What a joke! How is Mizzou in the mid-tier for UF when they finished 11-3 and won the SEC East last year. How in the hell is USF in the mid-tier? They were 4-8 last year and have a coach on the hot seat.

UFs schedule isn't as tough as it usually is, but it is still tougher than FSUs schedule. I still find it hysterical you had the guts to put USF in the "mid-tier"

So one team's misplacement (2 teams total) on each schedule (out of 24 teams) makes the entire premise "a joke?"

I guess we'll just have to see how the season plays out...hopefully not like last year where the SEC was built up on false pretense.

exposedtweet.jpg

Last edited:
Our previous articles have pointed out the multiple manipulative ways that the SEC supremacy façade has been parlayed over the past decade. From numerous favorable overmatched bowl pairings during the BCS years to annual preseason rankings that stacked the deck full of overrated SEC teams to ESPN incessantly pumping up the conference throughout the season while passively dismissing numerous SEC player criminal arrests to the NCAA turning a blind eye to several credible reports of flagrant violations… the ingredients have blended quite well together to create a infantile chanting fanbase of obnoxious sheep and the subsequent creation of an intricately woven myth that football in the SEC was just simply better than everywhere else. However there has been yet another more subtle, although just as powerful, ingredient all along that has played a part in the creation of the SEC Supremacy fantasy and it continues to flourish into the upcoming 2015 season… the role of scheduling.

SEC chanters would like you to believe that SEC teams have the toughest schedules. Sadly they have no data to back that up. However WE have the data to debunk that myth. For starters, teams in the SEC play fewer out of conference games against Power 5 opponents than any of the other Power 5 teams.

So what makes the SEC schedules harder than any other conference if their teams play FEWER out of conference football powers? Is it because they play each other? That circular logic just isn’t going to fly anymore. Especially not after a 2014 football season in which the SEC East went 0-4 against the lowly ACC in the final week and the vaunted SEC West (whose teams ESPN pundits were campaigning to get 3 or more into the playoffs all the way up until the final week) went 2-5 in the Bowls!

Last season, Ole Miss and Mississippi State collectively beat Boise State, UL Lafayette, Memphis, Presbysterian, Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama and UT Martin out of conference. Yet by mid-season, ESPN and the rest of the moronic sports media world was ready to portray these two overnight SEC powers as the best two teams in the nation. (Our blog was the ONLY site at the time reporting these two as overhyped frauds… feel free to go back to our October-November articles to see.) Because they beat Alabama and Auburn respectively early in the season, the ESPN hype machine was in full gear to make sure these teams got into the college football playoff come hell or high water. Well, it just so turned out that both hell and high water came. And Mississippi State lost by 15 to ACC’s Georgia Tech while Ole Miss got throttled by Big 12’s TCU to the tune of 42-3. So tell us again how good these teams were just because they could beat most of the rest of the SEC… I suppose that 48-0 win over Presbyterian should be enough for us, eh?

As damning as the above graphic is in displaying how few out of conference Power 5 teams the SEC plays as compared to the other conferences, even that stat doesn’t give justice to the whole picture. In fact, of the 11 out of conference P5 teams that the SEC will play this year, 7 of these are from the ACC. Earlier articles of ours from 2013 chronicled how the SEC historically has picked on the ACC (traditionally considered the weakest of the Power 5) to pad their out of conference stats. However in 2014 the ACC hit back and left an indelible black eye on the SEC that may take a while to fade away. Despite all that, it speaks volumes that the SEC once again manages to dodge the PAC 12, Big Ten and Big 12 so well in the regular season. Perhaps geographic issues play a part in that, but if your teams are rarely willing to travel up north or out west to beat other conferences’ football powerhouses, then you probably should stop claiming to be the best just because you know how to effectively whip SunBelt and Conference USA teams throughout the season.

One of our @SEC_Exposed Twitter followers pointed out another problem with the statistical graphic above that needs to be also taken into consideration. Both the Big 12 and PAC-12 play 9 game conference schedules. The other three Power 5 conferences play 8. This lessens the sample size of those Big 12 and PAC-12 out of conference opportunities from 4 to 3. However it also fails to give credit to the fact that teams in those conferences are, after all, playing MORE Power 5 opponents over all because they are playing one more conference game than the others. Taking this into account widens the above gap even more between the SEC and the rest of college football’s Power 5 in scheduling intensity:

Compounding the pathetic scheduling of the SEC is the fact that such a vast majority of their out of conference games come from Conference USA, Sun Belt and FCS. What’s more, so few of those games are played away from home. As a recent article by ElevenWarriors.com pointed out, most of these are also played the weekend before rivalry games creating the ever popular SEC tradition known as “ChickenShit Saturday”:

“The penultimate Saturday on the schedule is arguably the most stressful of the entire season: division titles hang in the balance, style point currency fluctuations are at their most volatile and every contender is ripe for an upset ahead of facing their designated arch-rivals.

Title contenders know this too well. That Saturday is dark, terrifying, full of spiders and littered with land mines. It’s virtually impossible to recover from a loss that late in the season.

Anyway, here are some of the schools SEC teams have scheduled for that Saturday since 2012: Samford, Chattanooga, Coastal Carolina, Western Carolina, Eastern Kentucky and South Alabama. Georgia Southern, Idaho, FAU, Charlotte and Citadel all twice. Charleston Southern three times…

Chickenshit Saturday is indefensible, and there isn’t a wanking motion theatrical enough to accommodate the circular logic of the conference strength argument because you can always schedule Samford in September. The best football player in Charleston Southern football history isn’t even good enough to get unexpectedly cut by Nick Saban in August to make room for a new recruit.

November schedules should contain conference opponents or designated rivals only. This improves the sport, enhances the most captivating month on the schedule and levels the playing field without any controversy.

[Source: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/colle...ment-ohio-state-buckeyes-alabama-crimson-tide]

It’s fascinating that despite all the above facts, the media continues to keep its head buried firmly in the sandbox and insistent that the SEC plays the toughest schedules in all the land. Even some of the most respected gurus in the business like Phil Steele (who continues to boast 17 straight years of the “most accurate preseason football magazine”) appears to be totally duped. His most recent 2015 publication (much like his 2014 publication before it) has 3 SEC West teams in the Top 6 of “toughest schedules” in the nation. Which means he has totally bought into the notion that the SEC West is just that much better than anyone else, so playing each other makes their schedules the strongest. And their scheduling is strongest because, well, they are in each others’ schedules. Makes a lot of sense. Except the part where the SEC West went 2-5 against the rest of the Power 5 in the bowl games last season, giving this presumption no basis whatsoever. Meanwhile the PAC-12 went 5-2 against out-of-conference Power 5 teams in the bowls. 11-4 against out-of-conference Power 5 teams in the regular season. But that stat is actually irrelevant since the SEC as a whole is the best conference. Sure it is.

Hey media shills, save us some of that Bull$hit Kool Aid you’re drinking so maybe we can all share it while watching those great games on SEC Network together during Chicken$hit Saturday.

Most teams in the Power 5 outside the ACC go 10-2 with your schedule.

Yes FSUs schedule is not very tough and putting USF in the mid-tier was a joke and having Missouri in the mid-tier was a joke. You posted it not me. And your post was extremely flawed and homer towards FSU. Just admit it and move on.

Sorry but 4-8 USF is mid-tier? I seriously can't stop laughing about that one. You had to be chuckling yourself when you posted that. Heck East Carolina made a bowl game and they are in UFs low-tier according to you with the likes of those powerhouse ACC teams Syracuse and Wake Forest that won 3 games last year.

A team from the SEC has only won like 7 out of the last 8 national titles. Yes of course the SEC isn't that good. LOL!

I've even admitted that UFs schedule isn't as tough this year as it has been in the past, but for some reason you can't admit FSUs schedule is a joke and is rarely very tough.

Last edited:
Doesn't have anything to do with ACC vs. SEC. If you go by Vegas odds, UF would only be a dog against 3 teams on FSU's schedule currently. Which means we'd be favored in 9 of our games. So our odds at being 9-3 would probably be pretty good. I think Clemson is gonna be better than any team on our schedule this year. But I'd take LSU, UGA, Ole Miss, and Tennessee over every other team on FSU's schedule except maybe Louisville. Y'all know how I feel about Petrino. I think FSU would be 9-3 to 10-2 with our schedule as well, don't think it would make that much of a difference assuming they get good QB play.

Absolutely true. It's not that our schedule is so great, it's that UF's isn't as good as it normally is due to the SEC East being down (and the SEC being overrated overall). If this continues, you may need to bolster your OOC.

Yes I know right! The SEC has only won 7 of the last 9 national titles. 7 of those SEC national championships from 4 different teams in the conference. SEC is in BIG trouble and needs some bolstering! LOL

Yes I know right! The SEC has only won 7 of the last 9 national titles. 7 of those SEC national championships from 4 different teams in the conference. SEC is in BIG trouble and needs some bolstering! LOL

One of those Nattys was SEC vs SEC which bolsters the argument I posted above, the SEC can't continue being among the elite if it only beats up on itself (look at their record vs P5). The SEC went 0-4 vs the lowly ACC and 2-5 in bowl games. Was that an anomaly? Probably. But if 2015 is like 2014, then something will have to be done because I certainly don't want a repeat of last year.

USCjr is the bestest!

No wait, it's TAM!

er...um...nope it's Ole Miss.

CRAP! Miss State is the bestest!

One of those Nattys was SEC vs SEC which bolsters the argument I posted above, the SEC can't continue being among the elite if it only beats up on itself (look at their record vs P5). The SEC went 0-4 vs the lowly ACC and 2-5 in bowl games. Was that an anomaly? Probably. But if 2015 is like 2014, then something will have to be done because I certainly don't want a repeat of last year.

USCjr is the bestest!

No wait, it's TAM!

er...um...nope it's Ole Miss.

CRAP! Miss State is the bestest!

Geez are you serious! Again the SEC has won 7 out of the last 9 national championships. What is your take on all the other conferences in college football? What conference is elite then if the SEC isn't elite? I guess 7 out of 9 national titles with 4 different programs isn't elite?

Something must be done because the SEC wasn't 9 for 9. All these other conferences are doing so much better and winning more national titles! We (SEC) must do something now! LOL

What argument are you trying to make? The SEC isn't the best conference in college football? You tell me? If it isn't the best conference in college football then you tell me which conference is?

Geez are you serious! Again the SEC has won 7 out of the last 9 national championships. What is your take on all the other conferences in college football? What conference is elite then if the SEC isn't elite? I guess 7 out of 9 national titles with 4 different programs isn't elite?

Something must be done because the SEC wasn't 9 for 9. All these other conferences are doing so much better and winning more national titles! We (SEC) must do something now! LOL

What argument are you trying to make? The SEC isn't the best conference in college football? You tell me? If it isn't the best conference in college football then you tell me which conference is?

That way of thinking is what's wrong with CFB and because your team plays in the SEC, you can't see it. SEC hasn't won 7 of the last 9. They won 7 in a row (which is impressive) and haven't won it the last 2 seasons. The SEC shouldn't get "credit for the past" any more than FSU should get credit for its "90's run". The same can be said of pre-season polls--they are TRASH! Last year is a perfect example of past glory giving credit to the current status. TAM crushes USCjr to start the season and all of a sudden they are the favorite and "Trill" Hill is the Heisman front runner. Then TAM loses to Miss St, so eSECpn lifts Auburn as that week's SEC power house. A week later, Auburn and Bama lose to the Mississippi schools and now the state of Mississippi runs college football.

Never mind that Ole Miss and Mississippi State collectively beat Boise State, UL Lafayette, Memphis, Presbysterian, Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama and UT Martin out of conference. Fortunately, after Bama beat Miss St, they were back on top. It was pretty ridiculous. Had USCjr not been overrated to begin the season, most of that mess wouldn't have occurred?

Seriously, imagine if the first rankings weren't released until week 5.

Last edited:
That way of thinking is what's wrong with CFB and because your team plays in the SEC, you can't see it. SEC hasn't won 7 of the last 9. They won 7 in a row (which is impressive) and haven't won it the last 2 seasons. The SEC shouldn't get "credit for the past" any more than FSU should get credit for its "90's run". The same can be said of pre-season polls--they are TRASH! Last year is a perfect example of past glory giving credit to the current status. TAM crushes USCjr to start the season and all of a sudden they are the favorite and "Trill" Hill is the Heisman front runner. Then TAM loses to Miss St, so eSECpn lifts Auburn as that week's SEC power house. A week later, Auburn and Bama lose to the Mississippi schools and now state of Mississippi runs college football.

Never mind that Ole Miss and Mississippi State collectively beat Boise State, UL Lafayette, Memphis, Presbysterian, Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama and UT Martin out of conference. Fortunately, after Bama beat Miss St, they were back on top. It was pretty ridiculous. Had USCjr not been overrated to begin the season, most of that mess wouldn't have occurred?

Seriously, imagine if the first rankings weren't release until week 5.

But the preseason issue isn't specific to the SEC. I'm not even an SEC guy, I don't like em. Outside of UF, I generally root for them to lose. But I feel like the arguments most people use are just flawed. Every year teams are overranked in the preseason and when other teams beat them they get an inflated boost in their ranking. For example last year Ohio St. started at 3 even with all their personnel losses and their QB being injured and when VT beat them at their house week 2 they got a huge jump in the rankings when realistically (at least to start the season) Ohio St. was not a top 10 caliber team. The same thing happened with Oklahoma who started off at 4 where they were clearly overranked. After TCU beat them they got a huge boost in the rankings. What you're describing isn't an SEC issue and doesn't give them any advantage over any other conference.

And regarding conference strength, I keep saying this over and over. Take out all the subjective opinions from fans, teams, and their coaches and pay attention to what the pros think. The SEC has had more 1st round draft picks the past 10 years than any other conference. In fact, they're pretty much lapping the field. I think last year is the first year in which they didn't have the most 1st round picks. And I guarantee you none of those executives give a damn where a player went to school.

That way of thinking is what's wrong with CFB and because your team plays in the SEC, you can't see it. SEC hasn't won 7 of the last 9. They won 7 in a row (which is impressive) and haven't won it the last 2 seasons. The SEC shouldn't get "credit for the past" any more than FSU should get credit for its "90's run". The same can be said of pre-season polls--they are TRASH! Last year is a perfect example of past glory giving credit to the current status. TAM crushes USCjr to start the season and all of a sudden they are the favorite and "Trill" Hill is the Heisman front runner. Then TAM loses to Miss St, so eSECpn lifts Auburn as that week's SEC power house. A week later, Auburn and Bama lose to the Mississippi schools and now the state of Mississippi runs college football.

Seriously, imagine if the first rankings weren't released until week 5.

I can't see it! Really? So you tell me which conference is the best conference in college football? Your just talking in circles.The SEC has dominated college football over the last several years. That is just the facts, that isn't just some line of thinking. 4 different national championship programs in the last 9 years have come from the SEC. Again what conference has proven to be better? I'll await your answer. We all know it isn't the ACC, which I'm sure is what you believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT