ADVERTISEMENT

Too soon to talk football? [predict the season(s)]

Discussion about last year's 24-19 loss in Tallahassee only bring flashbacks of Tevin phukking Westbrook.

He should have gotten enough "Thank Yous" from FSU fans to wallpaper his house.

Does Fsu know who there Qb will be and replacing the o line as well only 4 returning starters on o and that's including cook who's still dealing with legal issues so don't Fsu posters come on here like they are just gonna roll wins see yal in November

Last year the ACC had OOC wins over:

Ohio State
Georgia
Oklahoma
USC
Notre Dame
Florida
South Carolina
Mississippi State
Oklahoma State

The ACC was pretty dang good last year.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Recent history has shown the ACC has sucked and that the SEC has been very good. How many national titles and BCS bowl victories does the ACC have in the last decade? Not very many. How many national titles and BCS bowl victories does the SEC have in that same timeframe?

Let's be honest the ACC has been a poor football conference over the last decade. That is just factual. I don't think you want to run the numbers on how many national titles and BCS bowl victories the ACC has had over the last decade. It's not pretty. Anybody want to run the numbers? It may be the worst of all the power conferences when you run those stats.

Recent history has shown the ACC has sucked and that the SEC has been very good. How many national titles and BCS bowl victories does the ACC have in the last decade? Not very many. How many national titles and BCS bowl victories does the SEC have in that same timeframe?

Let's be honest the ACC has been a poor football conference over the last decade. That is just factual. I don't think you want to run the numbers on how many national titles and BCS bowl victories the ACC has had over the last decade. It's not pretty. Anybody want to run the numbers? It may be the worst of all the power conferences when you run those stats.

Maybe I missed it in this thread but who's arguing how good the SEC has been the last decade?? I said recent history, which would be the last couple of years. We all know how good the SEC has been the last 10 years. Focus on the last two years.

Maybe I missed it in this thread but who's arguing how good the SEC has been the last decade?? I said recent history, which would be the last couple of years. We all know how good the SEC has been the last 10 years. Focus on the last two years.
Really? Why only 2 years? Is that because that is the only 2 years FSU has been any good? Come on your the biggest homer on this board nobody is going to fall for that and take you seriously.

Again I didn't think any FSU fan wanted to run the ACC numbers for the last 10 years. Probably not for the last 5 years either. Maybe when I have some time I'll go run the records myself so we can all see. I know if your an ACC fan you will probably want to look the other way.

Really? Why only 2 years? Is that because the that is the only 2 years FSU has been any good? Come on your the biggest homer on this board nobody is going to fall for that and take you seriously.

So to engage you the argument would have to stretch 10 years?? And I'm the homer?? Smh and lol

Last edited:
The SEC is a better football conference than the ACC no doubt. More important to me though is FSU is better than UF in football right now. I don't care if Miami is weaker than Vandy or if Bama is tougher than FSU. We are state champs and have been winning a lot of games the last few years. In a football world that is cool to me.

Reactions: SKSnole
'[eQUOTE="danoleman, post: 268935, member: 1368"]So to engage you the argument would have to stretch 10 years?? And I'm the homer?? Smh and lol[/QUOTE]
Would you prefer 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? Yes you're the homer you say 2! LOL. I know you prefer 2 years because that was the only time FSU has been any good lately. What's wrong with 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? I mean how many national titles does the ACC have in total in football? Can you tell me? I honestly have no idea.

Last edited:
Would you prefer 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? Yes your the homer you say 2! LOL. I know you prefer 2 years because that was the only time FSU has been any good lately. What's wrong with 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? I mean how many national titles does the ACC have in total in football? Can you tell me? I honestly have no idea.

Like I said earlier, no one is arguing how good the SEC has been the last 10 years. We all know that. But if you don't think the last two years are significant then you are kidding yourself. All good things come to an end and it appears the dominance of the once mighty SEC may indeed be over. We'll see but college football changes pretty fast.

UF wins the National Title!

lol...I'm saying 8-4...we win the first 4...also taking Vandy, SC, Florida Atlantic...and we take one from one of the other games that we will be underdogs...LSU, UGA...we'll just have to see how the offensive line progresses and injuries. If we lose to UK or UT it will be a long season. UT is a statement game for both teams IMO....that's a big game for us.

You m'fers just decided to actually start talking football for once when Im not around?

and LOL at some of the Nole posts in this thread, I don't even know where to start. Every time ive looked at FSU's schedule this year I start shaking my head more each time... Wow that is one PATHETIC schedule. If they beat BC they get two months to prep for their only other game lol.

Like I said earlier, no one is arguing how good the SEC has been the last 10 years. We all know that. But if you don't think the last two years are significant then you are kidding yourself. All good things come to an end and it appears the dominance of the once mighty SEC may indeed be over. We'll see but college football changes pretty fast.
So the last 2 years has been poor for the SEC? This past year may have been a down year but I'm pretty sure the SEC was pretty darn good in 2013. Hell even in a down year the SEC still had the 2nd best team in the country and the 2nd best bowl record of any of the power 5 conferences in the country. The way the SEC recruits and the amount of winning that the conference has done doesn't look to be coming to an end anytime soon. The conference has too many football powers to be down for long. Too many teams can win a national championship out of the SEC. Too much depth in the conference. The 4 different national champions in the last decade prove that. No other conference has that ability at the moment.

Last edited:
There is a reason why everyone is still out to prove and giving the "the SEC is not so touch wah wah wah" speeches more than ever.

Just watch this and laugh your ass off

Pump the brakes. The last 2 years have had an SEC team in the title game, and an SEC team in the initial 4-team playoff. With numerous other teams making BCS games. How does that show the conference is slipping?

I think the Pac-12 is gonna compete with the SEC real soon though. If USC gets back on top like I think they will they'll have USC, Oregon, UCLA, and then some strong mid-tier teams in Arizona St., Arizona, etc. I like the top half of the Big 12 a lot too. OU, Texas, Baylor, and TCU and then Oklahoma St. is traditionally a strong 9-10 win team. OU and Texas gotta get back though.

The SEC finally had a year not even as bad as the Big Ten has had every season in the Bowls for years and now they are just, done being the best..

I think the Pac-12 is gonna compete with the SEC real soon though. If USC gets back on top like I think they will they'll have USC, Oregon, UCLA, and then some strong mid-tier teams in Arizona St., Arizona, etc. I like the top half of the Big 12 a lot too. OU, Texas, Baylor, and TCU and then Oklahoma St. is traditionally a strong 9-10 win team. OU and Texas gotta get back though.

I don't disagree, but even those 2 conference don't have 4 national championship type programs in their conference like the SEC has shown they can do. I do think the Pac 12 and the Big 12 are the next best 2 conferences when it comes to football and have the potential to get stronger.

The SEC isn't going away. Too much money, too much tradition and they recruit way too damn good. I know recruiting rankings aren't the end all, but 6 of the top 10 teams and 11 of the top 25 teams in the 2015 recruiting classes were SEC programs. That is just dominant. The NFL draft has proven that out as well over the years.

If you are even bothering with the nonsense people say downing the SEC, you are wasting time. Its very evident they have the best of the best everywhere.

I agree with the Pac 12. Don't forget Stanford too. As I mentioned I really don't care about the ACC and how they perform but it is difficult for me to understand how a Miami can suck so bad for so long in this conference. Va Tech too. With FSU, Clemson, Va Tech and Miami that should be a very strong foundation to a good conference. Miami has not held up their end of the deal. They should be voted off to gold tooth island.

I agree with the Pac 12. Don't forget Stanford too. As I mentioned I really don't care about the ACC and how they perform but it is difficult for me to understand how a Miami can suck so bad for so long in this conference. Va Tech too. With FSU, Clemson, Va Tech and Miami that should be a very strong foundation to a good conference. Miami has not held up their end of the deal. They should be voted off to gold tooth island.

I wouldn't include Stanford. Come on they have had a few good years of football under Harbaugh and when has Stanford won a national title in football and been a consistent football program? Same goes for Clemson and VT from the ACC. VT has never won a national title and Clemson hasn't done anything in over 20 years.

Miami hasn't been good in over a decade. Most of that IMO is because college football has become an "arms race" and Miami can't compete with that. To be honest I'm not sure they will ever come back and be consistently good. They have the talent base in the surrounding area, but not sure they have anything else outside of that. I mean how can you be so bad for so long with all that talent in your area? Bigger things are hindering that program.

Paco, I said "strong foundation" not world beaters. You don't have to jump out of your chair to disagree with rivals on everything for the sake of disagreeing.

I will show you how to play nice. I AGREE. Miami can't keep up with an arms race. That said they have more talent in that part of the country than anywhere else in America imo. They need a salesperson on that staff to preach the history of the program and get the local product to buy in. Easier said than done but the seeds are right there. Trying to catch lighting in a bottle with Shannon, Coker or Golden doesn't work. They need to pool their money and find a money maker. You will laugh but Jimbo would rake down there. Saban too but he would be too $$$$ probably. Hell, Charlie Strong might be a gem down there.

Miami's problem is coaching. The City of Miami itself produces more NFL talent than any city in the country. They get the right coach and they'll be back instantly. The U is still the biggest brand down there too, recruits just haven't had a reason to go there.

Stanford was a nice drop too, I forgot about them. They're starting to carve out their niche as THE premier academic and football squad on the west coast. So recruits serious about academics are gonna head that way. Had Harbaugh stayed I think they'd be a consistent top 10 team but Shaw to me just isn't good. As Harbaugh's recruits filter out they'll drop off, but they should still be a consistent top 20 type program.

Miami's problem is coaching. The City of Miami itself produces more NFL talent than any city in the country. They get the right coach and they'll be back instantly. The U is still the biggest brand down there too, recruits just haven't had a reason to go there.

Stanford was a nice drop too, I forgot about them. They're starting to carve out their niche as THE premier academic and football squad on the west coast. So recruits serious about academics are gonna head that way. Had Harbaugh stayed I think they'd be a consistent top 10 team but Shaw to me just isn't good. As Harbaugh's recruits filter out they'll drop off, but they should still be a consistent top 20 type program.

I agree the biggest problem at Miami is coaching, but to me there is something else missing down there right now. I think they are having a hard time competing with what college football has become. Stanford IMO is going to go back to being the Stanford we all know, back to the back of the pack. Stanford has progressively gotten worse and worse every year since Harbaugh has left. I look for that trend to continue and I don't see them being a consistent football program.

My confidence says FSU wins 10 games this year. How is that for a headache?
With that schedule I would hope so. There are only 3-4 losable games on your entire schedule at most. Anything worse than 10-2 with that schedule and the talent FSU has would be really really bad. Clemson is the only program in the entire conference that has somewhat comparable talent to FSU.

Would they have to beat one ranked program to accomplish that in conference play

I won't argue the schedule. Like I said, I'd rather be winning than be 7-5 and touting conference strength.

I won't argue the schedule. Like I said, I'd rather be winning than be 7-5 and touting conference strength.
And that is exactly the reason why Bowden chose to go into the ACC. But UF has proven many times as has a few other SEC programs that national championships can be won from the SEC. The best team in the SEC is going to be in the playoff. It's just not easy being that "best team".

1. RichRod is going to coach Miami and kill it with the South Florida speed.

2. If any conference is going to close in on the SEC it will be the Big 10. Big time coaches at traditional powerhouses is going to flip that conference soon.

FSU has proven many times it can win without the SEC. BTW, Bowden wasn't calling the shots. Try to stay on topic though. We have beat the FSU to SEC thing to death. We weren't wanted until we had other options. It is that simple.

1. RichRod is going to coach Miami and kill it with the South Florida speed.

2. If any conference is going to close in on the SEC it will be the Big 10. Big time coaches at traditional powerhouses is going to flip that conference soon.

I don't think Rich Rod fits the style that they tend to look for or go after. If the Big 10 can get there act together then I agree. Meyer and Harbaugh will having Michigan and Ohio State humming. Can Nebraska and Penn State get their act together? That will be the key. However the middle to the back of the Big 10 is really really bad.

That's going to be tough for the Big 10 to pull off. The fertile recruiting grounds aren't in their backyard anymore and they will have to fight tooth and nail to compete for elite talent in the South and West.

The Big 10 currently consists of Ohio State and everyone else. No one else in that league is on the same level as Ohio State in terms of talent and coaching. I know Harbaugh just got to Ann Arbor and that will probably change but, as it stands today, the Big 10 is a one trick pony.

Reactions: 46885
Yea don't see it with the Big 10. Ohio St. and Michigan sure, but where is the depth going to come from? Dantonio is a good coach but he'll fall off once Michigan gets up and running because he won't be able to recruit in the state anymore. Penn St. has potential since PA has a strong football base but a strong Michigan and Ohio St. hurts them too since they'll take the cream of the crop in that state. And Wisconsin and Nebraska just don't have the talent bases to win consistently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT