ADVERTISEMENT

Golson to FSU, what does in mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should put them in the SEC since he preaches that anywhere anytime nonsense. They almost lost to us last year lol.. If Westbrook could catch the game was over right there, the ignoranoles will start talking about how that was just one play but anyone that understands anything about the sport knows the game was over for Florida right then and there.

... he has no problem throwing them under the bus.
Because Francois got trapped in a room by Weinke and co. and was forced to go to a team that doesn't need a QB near as bad as the rival school

latest

He's an upgrade over the guy they were going to be playing, but FSU lost their entire offensive line and two best receivers. The 2013-2014 OL was the only group that was generally good since Jimbo and Trickett have been there, so that loss is probably going to be a big deal that hadcuffs the offense in 2015. It will be interesting how the RB's do behind the new line. Golson has been streaky as well, so you don't know what QB you'll get.

This move probably makes them one, maybe two wins better overall at best. They will now compete for the ACC but are not national contenders with 2 or more likely losses.

Randy Moss.

He should put them in the SEC since he preaches that anywhere anytime nonsense. They almost lost to us last year lol.. If Westbrook could catch the game was over right there, the ignoranoles will start talking about how that was just one play but anyone that understands anything about the sport knows the game was over for Florida right then and there.

Despite the insult, you are probably pretty close to being correct. A comeback was still possible with JW, however that one play was a 14 point swing when UF was already up 9-0 and JW had just thrown three picks in the first half. 16-0 would have been tough, but two things still gave FSU a chance. FSU's offense made countless comebacks last year and 16 points was not even the biggest comeback of the season. UF still had their offense and once JW stopped donating the ball...They made a run. It would have been a much more intense second half for sure.

He's an upgrade over the guy they were going to be playing, but FSU lost their entire offensive line and two best receivers. The 2013-2014 OL was the only group that was generally good since Jimbo and Trickett have been there, so that loss is probably going to be a big deal that hadcuffs the offense in 2015. It will be interesting how the RB's do behind the new line. Golson has been streaky as well, so you don't know what QB you'll get.

This move probably makes them one, maybe two wins better overall at best. They will now compete for the ACC but are not national contenders with 2 or more likely losses.

Pretty solid assessment and while I agree on the WR aspect, it's one of two positions (RB being the other) that I'm not worried about...our WR corps is deep. Everything (offensively), depends on that new OL.

Smart move by Jimbo. Its a no-brainer that they take Golson. Im sure the players love Maguire, but at the end of the day they want a guy at QB that can get them the ball.

Look what happened with Muschamp. He stuck with Driskel and stuck with Driskel until the entire team turned on him. Jimbo sticking with Maguire is called blind loyalty. Muschamp and Foley had plenty of that and it destroyed our football program.

I hope that McElwain would do the same thing. Last I checked we're not paying him to run a little league team where everybody gets to play and feel good about themselves, we're paying him (and Colorado State) to win games

Last edited:
Reactions: CurtOFD78
Smart move by Jimbo. Its a no-brainer that they take Golson. Im sure the players love Maguire, but at the end of the day they want a guy at QB that can get them the ball.

Look what happened with Muschamp. He stuck with Driskel and stuck with Driskel until the entire team turned on him. Jimbo sticking with Maguire is called blind loyalty. Muschamp and Foley had plenty of that and it destroyed our football program.

Lots of tweets from players welcoming Golson to the team. I'm sure the only one truly upset is Macguire...and understandably so.

What do you think the going rate is these days for a mercenary QB?
Well for Cam it was around $200,000, so for this kid probably around $100,000 and a chance to get away from academics and to do as he pleases with the local tally holes.

GO Canes!

Well for Cam it was around $200,000, so for this kid probably around $100,000 and a chance to get away from academics and to do as he pleases with the local tally holes.

GO Canes!

Good...then we got a bargain?

GO Canes!

I haven't been following this whole saga the entire time, but here's what caught me as interesting:

Over the weekend, he says he will make a decision by mid-week.
Monday, ESPN says he will not make a decision by mid-week, and will visit more schools including Bama.
On Tuesday, less than 24 hours after saying he will visit other schools, he says he has chosen FSU.

Looks like he was playing FSU for more money. Combine this with the chatter that FSU had contacted him prior to him graduating and its probably what it looks like($$). Love to have Golson's phone records from Weekend through Tuesday. They will probably get away with it as usual, though.

I haven't been following this whole saga the entire time, but here's what caught me as interesting:

Monday, ESPN says he will not make a decision by mid-week, and will visit more schools including Bama.
On Tuesday, less than 24 hours after saying he will visit other schools, he says he has chosen FSU.

Looks like he was playing FSU for more money. Combine this with the chatter that FSU had contacted him prior to him graduating and its probably what it looks like($$). Love to have Golson's phone records from Weekend through Tuesday. They will probably get away with it as usual, though.

That's because F$U is more discreet than these a$$hats:

miamis_original_uncle_luke_has_a_few_words_for_little_luke_behind_latest_cane_scandal.jpg

I disagree that the game would have been over if Westbrook caught the ball. It was still the first quarter. Eventually Winston quit throwing ints in our red zone and our running game got going. Jimbo not running the clock out allowing the blocked punt was also big.

Well, part of that is that most of the other schools he was reportedly interested in are SEC teams, and the conference rules wouldn't have allowed him to transfer, due to his troubles, which noles now say don't exist or mean much, shocking I know.

Well, part of that is that most of the other schools he was reportedly interested in are SEC teams, and the conference rules wouldn't have allowed him to transfer, due to his troubles, which noles now say don't exist or mean much, shocking I know.

Interesting.

I just read the opposite on the slant. I think you guys just believe what you want to believe.

Paraphased Comments:

"....silver lining with Macguire at QB was it was going to be a quiet year in the locker room."

"...back under the microscope. EG has a history of drama."

"...FSU will be a media circus once again."

etc.

Given there are opinions to the contrary, just don't act like "all Noles" aren't acknowledging both sides of this situation.

Last edited:
Given there are opinions to the contrary, just don't act like "all Noles" aren't acknowledging both sides of this situation.

Should I only reference noles here? This thread is full of noles defending or dismissing criticism, or did I just make that up? I don't read that other forum, and have not been welcome there, well, ever.

Should I only reference noles here? This thread is full of noles defending or dismissing criticism, or did I just make that up? I don't read that other forum, and have not been welcome there, well, ever.

I guess if that's your only sampling.

Heck, I have Gator co-workers all the way out here in Texas. (yes, we have McDonalds out here...geeessshh)

lol

Your own team was trying to recruit the same guy. UF would gladly have taken him if they could have. You are not standing on moral high ground on this one.

Yes, but he couldn't have come to UF because the SEC was not going to waive their transfer rule. But a BIG difference is McElwain has no established connections with Grier or Harris, he didn't recruit them, he inherited them. Jimbo is showing he has no problem with throwing his current players, players he recruited and made promises to, that he has no problem throwing them under the bus.

So because he did not personally recruit them, if McElwain was able to get Golson in, he is not showing a lack of loyalty to Grier and Harris? They are still his QBs, regardless of who recruited them.

You are GOT DAMN right FSU will get away with it.

What's the alternative? Should Jimbo favor "his guys" who have been loyal over the years, over newcomers who appear to have more potential? That doesn't sound right to me. That's just bad management.

This isn't some casual neighborhood league where everyone gets to play; it's D1 college football. Anyone coaching at this level should be finding the best talent and making sure that the best guys start. Anything else would be unethical.

It's one thing to bring in a freshman, or even a junior college transfer, because those guys have multiple years and only need to have been promised a chance to compete. But a 5th year senior? The only reason he would come is because he's been promised to start.

So, wouldn't taking Juco players be the same? What about your tight end last year from Virgina?

Taking JUCO players is NOT the same, they have 2-3 years remaining to them. They only need a chance to compete. A 5th year QB only comes if he's been promised the starting job.

You want to compare tight ends to QB's? Tight ends ROTATE. Are you going to rotate your QB's, or just play one on every meaningful snap? Noles are killing me today with the dumb.

I hope that McElwain would do the same thing. Last I checked we're not paying him to run a little league team where everybody gets to play and feel good about themselves, we're paying him (and Colorado State) to win games

Taking this guy means you have promised him the starting role. He wouldn't come for anything less, with only one year left.

To do that, as a big-time program, means you are admitting you have failed to recruit and develop QB's, and you have no faith in, or loyalty toward, the ones that have sweated and waited while Don Deraper was working his way through the coed population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT