ADVERTISEMENT

Golson to FSU, what does in mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another example of why FSU fans are some of the most loathed fans in the country. They know their school pays recruits, they know their school cover's up academic fraud, they know their school covers up sexual assault and...... its all a big joke to them that they keep getting away with it. On the other hand, they throw the biggest feet-stamping tantrums when someone from another school farts funny and isn't immediately kicked out of school, or when the NCAA doesn't drop the hammer over excessive texts sent by a coach.

Talk about tantrums...this guy is stomping his feet over academic fraud at a university where not a single sole who was there when it happened is still on staff...not the coach, the AD or even the university prez.

I guess, scUM players are still hanging out at Luke's place after practice, aka: the office. smh

Here's Buddy on Jimbo:

104294-he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-SGL1.gif

I+believe+there+is+other+life+out+there+but+they+_21c79bf9d04a5d11f60fe7b92b5f486e.gif

No idea where the "UF is just jealous because we got him" angle is coming from.

I think maybe 2 out of 10 people really wanted him, while the rest didn't, or were indifferent at best.

I just think it's silly to think that real promises weren't made. Lol at "the oppurtunity to play" well no shit igloo. What a sales pitch! I bet noooobody else offered him that golden to ticket.

I just think it's silly to think that real promises weren't made. Lol at "the oppurtunity to play" well no shit igloo. What a sales pitch! I bet noooobody else offered him that golden to ticket.

I guess it depends what the "real promises" were (and why any of us even care is beyond me). Is the consensus here that Jimbo told EG, "No matter what you will start (doesn't matter if you can't grasp my offense, can't read a defense, and throw nothing but interceptions)." I guess I'm just not getting what the frack the big deal is. This isn't like a coach telling a high school senior he will play WR, then once the kid is on campus switching him to CB. Jimbo recruited a QB to play QB at a school that doesn't have a confirmed starter. OOOO WOW, NEWS!

Jimbo probably told the kid he has a pretty dadgum good chance of starting...probably went as far as saying I DESPERATELY WANT you to start...just put in the time and perform well and the job is yours. If you do well, you may even make the 1st round of the draft, just look at my track record. What on earth is wrong with that?

p.s.
No, danny, I don't think UF fans are "jealous." This whole conversation is silly.

No idea where the "UF is just jealous because we got him" angle is coming from.

I think maybe 2 out of 10 people really wanted him, while the rest didn't, or were indifferent at best.

Are you guys in a time loop or something? Its 2015. FSU is one of the top destinations for offensive talent in the nation. We're putting dudes in the league hand over fist at all positions. Why wouldn't a qb want to come? Especially one who believes he can step in and take over?

Sometimes it seems you guys think it's perpetually 2007 and FSU still has Bowden going through the motions.

So much fail in this thread. UF wanted Golson and didn't get him. Because Golson chose FSU over UF.....

You had me till the last part.

Golson would not have been admitted to Florida. Or any other SEC program. Probably, anyway. Many people feel like that is the reason he eventually went to FSU. They were the best choice outside of an SEC program.

Golson would not have been admitted to Florida. Or any other SEC program. Probably, anyway. Many people feel like that is the reason he eventually went to FSU. They were the best choice outside of an SEC program.

You're nutz, MJ! Jimbo guaranteed Golson the starting position no matter what, bought his parents a new house, and parked a new Corvette outside his plush apartment. Get with it, man!

(p.s. I actually agree with your post 100%)

Well, thanks for that. But I did say "outside a SEC program." Had it been an option, I think one can make the case he would have preferred an SEC program. Maybe even Florida

You had me till the last part.

He might have been admitted to an sec school had he waited. Plenty of time until fall practice for the sec to change that rule. Betcha that rule gets revoked within year now that it MIGHT have cost the Sec a QB. It is undeniable that UF did want him, that's why they hosted him. UF wouldn't have wasted their time on him if they weren't interested.

Well, I'm glad FSU has such a large sampling for you to follow around the interzweb.

As for Golson, I'm sure SEC bylaws had zero impact on Golson's decision, Jimbo made it rain then threw him the keys to the kingdom before a single snap (and I'm the idiot).

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

"He visited Florida (SEC) and Georgia (SEC) along with Florida State and reportedly also considered Alabama, but an SEC bylaw prohibiting transfers involving athletes who received disciplinary action at their previous school."

Everyone knows what really happened. He saw Bowden's interview about playing in the ACC vs the SEC and took the easy path to another National Title. ;)

Enough dollar bills to buy off a Supreme Court justice.

YA heard?

He might have been admitted to an sec school had he waited. Plenty of time until fall practice for the sec to change that rule.

That is just silly. As far as I know, there is zero discussion about changing the rule.

You guys are trying to make more out of his decision than is there. There is a very good chance that FSU was not his first choice. But for a variety of reasons, he chose FSU. Good for him and good for FSU.

That is just silly. As far as I know, there is zero discussion about changing the rule.

You guys are trying to make more out of his decision than is there. There is a very good chance that FSU was not his first choice. But for a variety of reasons, he chose FSU. Good for him and good for FSU.
Not silly. UF hosted him. UF wanted him. If UF thought there was 0% chance they wouldn't have wasted their time on him

The Jimbo produces 1st round QB's meme is so retarded. Let's be clear, Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, and EJ Manuel were not good QB's in college. Russell was benched numerous times at LSU and only shot up the rankings after he threw a ball 80 yards on his knee at his pro day prompting some to call it the best pro day they'd ever seen. NFL GM's then did what they did and drafted a guy because he looked the part. Ponder was mediocre as well in college and was projected as a 3rd rounder. Minnesota desperate for a QB reached and took him. And no need to even mention Manuel, damn near every Nole I knew wanted him benched. Hell Jimbo himself told teams he was a 3rd round talent (feel free to look up the article) so spare me the Jimbo is a QB god meme. He's this great developer of QB's yet other than Winston none of his QB's have even been good in college? Please.

And yes I'm 100% certain the job is Golson's barring injury, McGuire sucks. What's funny though is if you had said that maybe two weeks ago Noles would have gone ape. But now that Golson is there they freely admit McGuire wasn't the answer. LOL.

The Jimbo produces 1st round QB's meme is so retarded.

Unfortunately for FSU haters, it doesn't appear that Everett Golson, De'Andre Johnson, Deondre Francois, and Malik Henry think it's retarded.

p.s. Jamarcus Russell was 1st Team All-SEC. (SEC! SEC! SEC!)

EJ sucked in college oozie?? The guy passed for 7,741 yds 47tds and completed an FSU career record 66.9% of his passes. If that's sucking what the heck do you call good??

He wasn't good. If he was your own coach wouldn't have been clowning him to NFL teams. Jimbo himself said Winston was the best QB on the roster the moment he showed up, EJ Manuel was a redshirt senior at this point in time. If a QB is remotely good no one should be able to make that claim about a true freshman coming to your team. I could not care any less about the numbers he put up against some very poor comp (and no this isn't an ACC vs. SEC debate, it's fact FSU's schedules during some of those years were near the bottom in the power 5), you all know as well as I do that many Noles were calling for a change with him.

BTW, I never said he sucked, he wasn't good though. And you all know it's the truth. History can be rewritten now but not a single one of you Noles thought he was a 1st rounder. And most couldn't wait for him to leave especially after UF folded him up his last game in Doak. I'll just leave this link right here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-ej-manuel-didnt-have-tools-to-be-nfl-starter

"Buffalo certainly can't blame Florida St. coach Jimbo Fisher for overselling it on quarterback EJ Manuel," Schefter said on Sunday NFL Countdown. "He was adamant throughout the pre-draft evaluation process that he didn't believe Manuel had the tools to be an NFL starter and he shouldn't be any better than a third-round pick.

"Fisher was extremely positive about Manuel as a person and as a hard worker, but he was very open and honest with teams about how limited he felt Manuel was as a quarterback prospect. Fisher also told teams that even if Manuel were eligible to return for another season, he had a redshirt freshman quarterback he had been developing waiting in the wings. A guy by the name of Jameis Winston."

Point being, I don't know why you people keep running with this "Jimbo produces 1st round QB's meme" when Jimbo himself doesn't even believe these players are worthy of a 1st round pick. Credit dumb, bad franchises for continuing to do dumb, bad franchise things, but it ain't some Jimbo magic QB pixy dust. All of those QB's save Winston were out of left field 1st round choices. They didn't play like 1st rounders in college which they should have if it was all Jimbo.

BTW, I never said he sucked, he wasn't good though. And you all know it's the truth. History can be rewritten now but not a single one of you Noles thought he was a 1st rounder. And most couldn't wait for him to leave especially after UF folded him up his last game in Doak. I'll just leave this link right here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-ej-manuel-didnt-have-tools-to-be-nfl-starter

"Buffalo certainly can't blame Florida St. coach Jimbo Fisher for overselling it on quarterback EJ Manuel," Schefter said on Sunday NFL Countdown. "He was adamant throughout the pre-draft evaluation process that he didn't believe Manuel had the tools to be an NFL starter and he shouldn't be any better than a third-round pick.

"Fisher was extremely positive about Manuel as a person and as a hard worker, but he was very open and honest with teams about how limited he felt Manuel was as a quarterback prospect. Fisher also told teams that even if Manuel were eligible to return for another season, he had a redshirt freshman quarterback he had been developing waiting in the wings. A guy by the name of Jameis Winston."

Point being, I don't know why you people keep running with this "Jimbo produces 1st round QB's meme" when Jimbo himself doesn't even believe these players are worthy of a 1st round pick. Credit dumb, bad franchises for continuing to do dumb, bad franchise things, but it ain't some Jimbo magic QB pixy dust. All of those QB's save Winston were out of left field 1st round choices. They didn't play like 1st rounders in college which they should have if it was all Jimbo.

How about this??

"I'm not sure why ESPN's Adam Schefter would not reach out to me to get my thoughts on EJ Manuel or check the accuracy of his report," Fisher said in the statement. "I never made those comments about EJ. I spoke to (former general manager) Buddy Nix of the Buffalo Bills and told him EJ is an outstanding young man and player. He was the face of our organization and would be a great one for them. I did not speak to any other teams, general managers or head coaches about EJ."

Media reports are media reports. But FTR other teams confirmed that Fisher didn't have a high opinion on Manuel as a player pre-draft, so somebody is lying. From a logical standpoint, it makes sense for Fisher to retract publicly because he doesn't want to be seen as badmouthing his players once they're off the team. And I have no problem with that, it's the smart move. I highly doubt that quote was pulled from out of thin air.

Media reports are media reports. But FTR other teams confirmed that Fisher didn't have a high opinion on Manuel as a player pre-draft, so somebody is lying. From a logical standpoint, it makes sense for Fisher to retract publicly because he doesn't want to be seen as badmouthing his players once they're off the team. And I have no problem with that, it's the smart move. I highly doubt that quote was pulled from out of thin air.

Other teams confirmed?? Provide the link and not another ESPN unnamed sources link.

What link are you wanting if ESPN isn't legitimate? That story was ran on one of ESPN's most prominent shows, you think they made up the quote of of thin air? It's simple...do you agree or disagree that coaches have to maintain a good relationship with their ex-players at least publicly?

What link are you wanting if ESPN isn't legitimate? That story was ran on one of ESPN's most prominent shows, you think they made up the quote of of thin air? It's simple...do you agree or disagree that coaches have to maintain a good relationship with their ex-players at least publicly?

Yes that quote is BS!! You see Jimbo said ESPN never contacted him before they ran this story. They just took some unnamed source word and didn't even bother to ask Jimbo himself. ESPN doesn't fact check anymore they just run with ridiculous stories like this. Think about this, why would Jimbo run to NFL teams basically telling them that EJ is garbage?? This man would never sabotage one of his players future like that. If anything he's going to tell them he's better that what he really is.

LOL How many times have we seen this exchange?

Nole Poster: "Provide a link to back up what you said."
Gator Poster: "Here's a link from the nation's number 1 sports media outlet."
Nole Poster: "That link sucks, so you're still wrong".

LOL How many times have we seen this exchange?

Nole Poster: "Provide a link to back up what you said."
Gator Poster: "Here's a link from the nation's number 1 sports media outlet."
Nole Poster: "That link sucks, so you're still wrong".

I clearly said provide the link and not one quoting "unnamed sources". He then provided a link quoting "unnamed sources". Smh

JFC...never thought it possible, but noles continue to sink to new lows.

"I'm not sure why ESPN's Adam Schefter would not reach out to me to get my thoughts on EJ Manuel or check the accuracy of his report," Fisher said in the statement. "I never made those comments about EJ. I spoke to (former general manager) Buddy Nix of the Buffalo Billsand told him EJ is an outstanding young man and player. He was the face of our organization and would be a great one for them. I did not speak to any other teams, general managers or head coaches about EJ."

Yes that quote is BS!! You see Jimbo said ESPN never contacted him before they ran this story. They just took some unnamed source word and didn't even bother to ask Jimbo himself. ESPN doesn't fact check anymore they just run with ridiculous stories like this. Think about this, why would Jimbo run to NFL teams basically telling them that EJ is garbage?? This man would never sabotage one of his players future like that. If anything he's going to tell them he's better that what he really is.

Oh lord. Of course it's BS. First, he isn't sabatoging anything by telling them the truth about his players. He has a vested interest in doing so because if teams feel he's constantly overselling his players they'd stop drafting them. Funny enough Jimbo doesn't even really dispute what was said. Read his quote again, he pretty much tap dances around the issue. He says he spoke to the Bills GM (ok Schefter clearly says his source comes from inside the Bills organization so he's not disputing anything there) then he says he told him EJ was a great kid (once again not disputing anything, Schefter's story said the same, he doesn't deny telling him the kid isn't a great QB). FTR, Bruce Feldman reported something similar and he's arguably the most credible guy in football. Feel free to look it up. But I guess because it won't have 'My source is (insert name here)' in the story you'll say it isn't credible. Whatever. Everyone is making it up to pick on EJ I guess.

Oh lord. Of course it's BS. First, he isn't sabatoging anything by telling them the truth about his players. He has a vested interest in doing so because if teams feel he's constantly overselling his players they'd stop drafting them. Funny enough Jimbo doesn't even really dispute what was said. Read his quote again, he pretty much tap dances around the issue. He says he spoke to the Bills GM (ok Schefter clearly says his source comes from inside the Bills organization so he's not disputing anything there) then he says he told him EJ was a great kid (once again not disputing anything, Schefter's story said the same, he doesn't deny telling him the kid isn't a great QB). FTR, Bruce Feldman reported something similar and he's arguably the most credible guy in football. Feel free to look it up. But I guess because it won't have 'My source is (insert name here)' in the story you'll say it isn't credible. Whatever. Everyone is making it up to pick on EJ I guess.

Oozie, what part of "I never made those comments about EJ" didn't you get from Jimbo's statement??

Ouch. That has got to leave a mark. One wonders why those quotes are not used in the recruiting process by rival coaches

Ej did a lot for himself by earning senior bowl MVP & doing well in front of the the coaches & scouts during senior bowl week.

Ouch. That has got to leave a mark. One wonders why those quotes are not used in the recruiting process by rival coaches

Because not answering NFL scouts honestly about the viability of players will also get you a reputation as someone that doesn't know what it takes to be successful at the next level, which will also get back to recruits.

Kinda like how noles fans have zero credibility because they refuse to post with any intellectual honesty and do nothing but blindly support their guys no matter how big of creeps they are.

He wasn't promised a starting position, but Golson went to FSU because he knows that the QB competition there is... not exactly fierce at the moment. At ND, he's already been beaten-out for the spot. He also doesn't have the negative baggage with the fans and boosters. This gives him a rare second chance for a clean-slate at a top program.

Several SEC schools would have taken him. This whole "Slive wasn't willing to sign a waiver" business was just a convenient way for the commissioner to avoid being stuck in the middle of a fratricidal controversy over which SEC school got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT