ADVERTISEMENT

Golson to FSU, what does in mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous ain't it?? Sure, promise a guy you just met and who doesn't even have the playbook a position as your starting qb. lol

Imagine if Sean wins the job?

Then he could say Jimbo lied to EG just to get him to come to FSU so he could ruin his last year of eligibility which would hurt his draft status.

Reactions: danoleman
But then again, Buddy Green already said we paid a crap load of money for him so I guess he'll be the starter. I wonder how much Wisconsin paid for Russell Wilson?? Hopefully we can have similar success as they did.

So why did he choose FSU?

Any Nole have a reason that is even remotely logical outside of "being promised the starting job?"

I await your insight.

Any Nole have a reason that is even remotely logical outside of "being promised the starting job?"

I await your insight.

How about "promised the opportunity to compete for the starting job" coupled with "the last 3 QBs went in the 1st round." Is this really so hard for you people? Jeebus

Some people here have a problem seeing what a cesspool our football program has become the last 4 years, and when a player picks FSU over us, they just don't understand.

The last 3 QBs at FSU went in the first round, the last 3 QBs at Florida transferred. Its really not that difficult a decision on Golsons part. I'm a huge gator fan but there's no way in hell I'm coming to Florida over FSU if I'm Golson

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
How about "promised the opportunity to compete for the starting job" coupled with "the last 3 QBs went in the 1st round." Is this really so hard for you people? Jeebus

Sigh...

He was on a team where he would compete for the starting job, where he could have already declared for the NFL if he had the talent, where he had just as equal of chance of going to the NFL if he stayed there another year(slim). He was on a team that is a contender. So forgive us if we don't quite buy your nonsense about transferring to a team that just lost its entire offensive line for "a chance to compete for the starting job and going to the NFL". You can't possibly believe half the stuff you type on these forums.

As for the dumbass comment about Russell Wilson up the board: NCST was a garbage team while Wisconsin was returning 18 starters from a solid squad and was deemed a good QB away from being a NC contender. Its not like Wisconsin has a history of buying recruits either or that Wilson was anything other than a standup guy.

FSU contacted Golson months ago because a source told them he was unhappy at ND, it was all over FSU insider forums. Everyone knows what happened and FSU will be allowed to get away with it just like most everything else they pull.

Some people here have a problem seeing what a cesspool our football program has become the last 4 years, and when a player picks FSU over us, they just don't understand.

The last 3 QBs at FSU went in the first round, the last 3 QBs at Florida transferred. Its really not that difficult a decision on Golsons part. I'm a huge gator fan but there's no way in hell I'm coming to Florida over FSU if I'm Golson

Lots of truth about the recent conditions, but lots of assumptions about this current situation too. One, you are assuming we wanted him, and two you are assuming we could have found a way around SEC rules to take him. Personally I had no interest in him....troubled past, lost his job on an overrated team, and would only be available for one year. Why bring in a jack wagon to a team already in transition for such little potential return?

Golson wouldn't make a difference for us, the only positive is that he would be the ragdoll behind our OL for a year and take the beatings instead of Grier and Harris. Kind of like a whipping boy. There would be zero return for bringing in Golson. And I think he realized that too.

Like I said from the beginning, much better fit for the noles....plus they now have another dude to blindly support and dismiss any and all past issues.

Sigh...

He was on a team where he would compete for the starting job, where he could have already declared for the NFL if he had the talent, where he had just as equal of chance of going to the NFL if he stayed there another year(slim). He was on a team that is a contender. So forgive us if we don't quite buy your nonsense about transferring to a team that just lost its entire offensive line for "a chance to compete for the starting job and going to the NFL". You can't possibly believe half the stuff you type on these forums.

As for the dumbass comment about Russell Wilson up the board: NCST was a garbage team while Wisconsin was returning 18 starters from a solid squad and was deemed a good QB away from being a NC contender. Its not like Wisconsin has a history of buying recruits either or that Wilson was anything other than a standup guy.

FSU contacted Golson months ago because a source told them he was unhappy at ND, it was all over FSU insider forums. Everyone knows what happened and FSU will be allowed to get away with it just like most everything else they pull.

So your contention is that FSU skirted at best, violated at worst NCAA rules and Jimbo made a ridiculous promise that he would not be able to keep if EG can't learn the playbook and/or gel with the offense. Heck, most of the Gators on this board recognize this was a smart move on both parties.

What do you think Saban "promised" Coker?

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Sigh...

lol

I await your insight.

Why wouldn't a QB want to play for Fisher? The last 4 full-time starters he's coached were 1st rounders.

Wilson didn't transfer because NC ST was a "garbage team". They finished ranked in both the AP and Coaches Polls his Jr. year. He transferred because Tom O'Brien announced that Mike Glennon would be the starter in 2011.

So your contention is that FSU skirted at best, violated at worst NCAA rules and Jimbo made a ridiculous promise that he would not be able to keep if EG can't learn the playbook and/or gel with the offense. Heck, most of the Gators on this board recognize this was a smart move on both parties.

What do you think Saban "promised" Coker?

I'll take this slow.

Golson was already at a school that was arguably better than FSU's 2014 team. Currently, FSU is a team heading into 2015 that lost virtually everything that made them a contender in 2014(Winston, the OL, O'Leary, etc..). Its not like Golson was on a bad team that had struggled his entire time there and all of a sudden a perfect opportunity arises. There is little benefit for Golson to transfer to a team who is breaking in five new linemen, and even with those guys, were "no Winston" away from being a four loss team last year(hell, with Winston they were a fumble or two away from losing two or three, but I digress). He was an injury away from being ND's starter again, the team will be a contender and ND has no problem sending guys with NFL talent to the NFL. Jimbo's "recent NFL QB record" which you refer to consists of Minnesota and Buffalo wishing they hadn't been fooled into taking Ponder and Manuel. Stop pretending anyone outside FSU fans see Jimbo as some "QB guru". You look ridiculous.

Coker couldn't even get the starting job at FSU even though Winston was the subject of a sexual assault investigation, and had the opportunity to transfer to a better program that was tops in the country. Stop being an idiot, the situations aren't even comparable.

Golson's comments earlier this week about visiting other schools and naming Bama, then the immediate 180 and agreement to transfer to FSU is exactly what everyone knows it is.

Its funny when FSU fans act all "what? Pay players? Break NCAA rules? Us?" when half the time all you are doing is accusing every other school of doing just that. You guys even accused Tennessee of this a few years ago and refused to release a kid from scholarship to go home to his sick mother because you were "certain" someone on the team had "recruited" him. And you guys wonder why you are generally considered one of the most loathsome fan bases.

Wilson didn't transfer because NC ST was a "garbage team". They finished ranked in both the AP and Coaches Polls his Jr. year. He transferred because Tom O'Brien announced that Mike Glennon would be the starter in 2011.

O’Brien opted for Glennon, allowing Wilson, a N.C. State graduate by that time, to transfer and play immediately. To the coach, the move was best for the program as it attempted to answer unsure roster questions.

“Michael would have graduated that year [2011],” O’Brien said. “He could move on if he wanted to at the end of that year. So that was just all part of the decision-making process. It had to happen. You could have one quarterback, you could have two quarterbacks or you could have no quarterbacks.”

I'll take this slow.

Golson was already at a school that was arguably better than FSU's 2014 team. Currently, FSU is a team heading into 2015 that lost virtually everything that made them a contender in 2014(Winston, the OL, O'Leary, etc..). Its not like Golson was on a bad team that had struggled his entire time there and all of a sudden a perfect opportunity arises. There is little benefit for Golson to transfer to a team who is breaking in five new linemen, and even with those guys, were "no Winston" away from being a four loss team last year(hell, with Winston they were a fumble or two away from losing two or three, but I digress). He was an injury away from being ND's starter again, the team will be a contender and ND has no problem sending guys with NFL talent to the NFL. Jimbo's "recent NFL QB record" which you refer to consists of Minnesota and Buffalo wishing they hadn't been fooled into taking Ponder and Manuel. Stop pretending anyone outside FSU fans see Jimbo as some "QB guru". You look ridiculous.

Coker couldn't even get the starting job at FSU even though Winston was the subject of a sexual assault investigation, and had the opportunity to transfer to a better program that was tops in the country. Stop being an idiot, the situations aren't even comparable.

Golson's comments earlier this week about visiting other schools and naming Bama, then the immediate 180 and agreement to transfer to FSU is exactly what everyone knows it is.

Its funny when FSU fans act all "what? Pay players? Break NCAA rules? Us?" when half the time all you are doing is accusing every other school of doing just that. You guys even accused Tennessee of this a few years ago and refused to release a kid from scholarship to go home to his sick mother because you were "certain" someone on the team had "recruited" him. And you guys wonder why you are generally considered one of the most loathsome fan bases.

lol

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I'll take this slow.

Yes, there's absolutely ZERO reason any QB (especially one in EG's situation) to ever want to play for Jimbo and FSU without getting paid. Solid argument. I concede.

Yes, there's absolutely ZERO reason any QB (especially one in EG's situation) to ever want to play for Jimbo and FSU without getting paid. Solid argument. I concede.

And that's why all his/her/it posts just get a simple "lol". No need to debate someone who just makes ridiculous and outlandish comment after comment.

FSU offered and promised him anything and everything he wanted, including the starting job, and everyone with a brain knows it. You can keep reiterating your fantasy's about Jimbo all you want, but it doesn't change the fact he was only going to play somewhere else if he was promised the job. The fact that in less than 24 hours after saying he was visiting more schools and postponing his decision, he changes his mind and, rather than visiting those other schools, agrees to transfer to FSU is all the proof one needs to know FSU got scared he was going somewhere else and pulled out all the stops. You guys would be "certain" of this if it had happened with any other school. Your fans were all over the internet earlier this week saying "oh, he must be looking for a school to promise him the job, and SEC schools lie to anyone to get them" when it was announced he was looking at other schools. Stop acting like nobody can click around rivals, yahoo, espn, scout, etc.. and see all the dumbass posts by FSU fans. You guys are the most embarrassing group of fans on the entire internet.

The fact that in less than 24 hours after saying he was visiting more schools and postponing his decision, he changes his mind and, rather than visiting those other schools, agrees to transfer to FSU is all the proof one needs to know .

When did Golson say this? Can you provide a link to his quote?

When did Golson say this? Can you provide a link to his quote?

ESPN claims a source said it, so it must be true. Buddy Green also believed the point shaving and autographs stories were true as well and posted similar drivel. Once they were exposed as being made up false stories, he just simply moved on with new material.

You guys are the most embarrassing group of fans on the entire internet.

Well, I'm glad FSU has such a large sampling for you to follow around the interzweb.

As for Golson, I'm sure SEC bylaws had zero impact on Golson's decision, Jimbo made it rain then threw him the keys to the kingdom before a single snap (and I'm the idiot).

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

"He visited Florida (SEC) and Georgia (SEC) along with Florida State and reportedly also considered Alabama, but an SEC bylaw prohibiting transfers involving athletes who received disciplinary action at their previous school."

Everyone knows what really happened. He saw Bowden's interview about playing in the ACC vs the SEC and took the easy path to another National Title. ;)

Reactions: danoleman
All of the articles about Golson delaying and changing his mind all point to this single tweet. Every single one of them. Lol

E03B23B8-DA66-4D94-B2A1-E1C6D0EE0128.jpg

I cannot wait until there are non-noles worthy of criticism...they will have zero ground to stand on.

Ah, now forced to face the fact of how suspicious this all looks, FSU fans resort to "...well, ESPN made that up...". I expected no less. Totally forget the fact that the internet was infested with FSU fans saying he's "looking for a SEC school to promise him the job" when that was reported... nope, they'll pretend they think ESPN made it up now that there is no rational explanation for that sequence of events. Its kind of like when they swore TMZ had fabricated a story about Winston being somehow involved in a sexual assault allegation that nobody knew anything about - they just make it up as they go along when something negative is reported that they don't want to be true. In this case, they started with "lying SEC schools promising him the job" when they heard he was wavering and looking at Bama, and then switched to "ESPN made that up" when he immediately chose FSU rather than visiting other schools. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Ah, now forced to face the fact of how suspicious this all looks, FSU fans resort to "...well, ESPN made that up...". I expected no less. Totally forget the fact that the internet was infested with FSU fans saying he's "looking for a SEC school to promise him the job" when that was reported... nope, they'll pretend they think ESPN made it up now that there is no rational explanation for that sequence of events. Its kind of like when they swore TMZ had fabricated a story about Winston being somehow involved in a sexual assault allegation that nobody knew anything about - they just make it up as they go along when something negative is reported that they don't want to be true. In this case, they started with "lying SEC schools promising him the job" when they heard he was wavering and looking at Bama, and then switched to "ESPN made that up" when he immediately chose FSU rather than visiting other schools. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

So you're talking to "us" by quoting "them." Brilliant, BG.

Why don't you "quote" those of us actively participating in the thread?

Recap:

Golson wanted out of ND.

Golson listed 10 schools he wanted to look at...mostly SEC schools.

Some were interested, some weren't.

FSU is a QB away from reloading and being in the play-off picture (look at our recruits/roster and cotton soft schedule).

Golson chooses FSU (a team that is 29-1 in the last 2 seasons with 2 conference titles, 1 national title, and a Coach who put his last 3 QBs in the NFL's 1st round).

SEC says no to EG because of his academic suspension, thus leaving FSU and some unnamed PAC-12 school.

Buddy Green's opinion is that it makes no sense for him to choose FSU unless Jimbo made outlandish promises and paid him.

Buddy Green insists FSU fans are blind homers who can't see the obvious.

um...ok

I await your insight.
Well, not to defend FSU, but they are not part of the SEC. He would have a tougher time getting admitted, had he wanted to go to an SEC program.

Plus, FSU has a history of tolerance for academic fraud.

So much fail in this thread. UF wanted Golson and didn't get him. Because Golson chose FSU over UF then all kinds of conspiracies must have occurred, because my God, why would anyone choose FSU over UF without some kind of illegal benefit occurring? LOL, I guess the only reason FSU has crushed UF in recruiting the last couple of years, and is continuing to do so, is because FSU has billionaire boosters paying all those recruits 6 figures. There is no other logical explanation so therefore it's proof positive FSU is cheating.

Yet another example of why FSU fans are some of the most loathed fans in the country. They know their school pays recruits, they know their school cover's up academic fraud, they know their school covers up sexual assault and...... its all a big joke to them that they keep getting away with it. On the other hand, they throw the biggest feet-stamping tantrums when someone from another school farts funny and isn't immediately kicked out of school, or when the NCAA doesn't drop the hammer over excessive texts sent by a coach.

Do nole fans not realize how ridiculous they look with their fantasy world where they are the "good guys" and everyone else - especially, UM, UF, any SEC school, USC and OSU - are the "cheaters" and "bad guys". Seriously? Most fans realize everyone bends the rules to some extent, but not FSU fans. Nuh-uh and no way, damn it; not them. They are the good guys and everyone else who says otherwise are jealous haters. No other fan base acts like this. None.

So are you going to post Golson's quote or not?

Yet another example of why FSU fans are some of the most loathed fans in the country. They know their school pays recruits, they know their school cover's up academic fraud, they know their school covers up sexual assault and...... its all a big joke to them that they keep getting away with it. On the other hand, they throw the biggest feet-stamping tantrums when someone from another school farts funny and isn't immediately kicked out of school, or when the NCAA doesn't drop the hammer over excessive texts sent by a coach.

Do nole fans not realize how ridiculous they look with their fantasy world where they are the "good guys" and everyone else - especially, UM, UF, any SEC school, USC and OSU - are the "cheaters" and "bad guys". Seriously? Most fans realize everyone bends the rules to some extent, but not FSU fans. Nuh-uh and no way, damn it; not them. They are the good guys and everyone else who says otherwise are jealous haters. No other fan base acts like this. None.

Actually you are the only one in this thread throwing a tantrum but please don't stop. It's very entertaining! Tell me this Mr. Insider, how much are we paying Malik Henry and what's the all time record amount have we paid for a recruit or transfer?? And how much is Jimbos contract with the devil worth?? Is it fully guaranteed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT