ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Baseball

They are barely a top 20 program in the regular season. Even with a little bit of CWS luck, they are FAR from a top 10 program.

Let's ask this another way, since perception is reality. Does anybody outside of dumbfuque, South Carolina think of that halfway house for a school AT ALL when thinking about top programs?

Hellz to the no.

So they can think what they like, they are what the dog converts dog food into.

I hope you're not that blind and ignorant about every other aspect of life.

I hope you're not that blind and ignorant about every other aspect of life.

While I hope think that you probably are, judging by what you've posted here so far, lamecock delusions....

Dirt-brain-shyster, do let us know when SCa manages to ever hire any active UF coach away from us. SOS did not leave UF for SCa, he left the slimy Dan Snyder Snakeskins for SCa, and only because the then UF Pres wanted his long time tight bud Meyer instead. Otherwise, you'd not have had Steve to lift your joke of a football program out of the cesspool that it was in. o_O

They are barely a top 20 program in the regular season. Even with a little bit of CWS luck, they are FAR from a top 10 program.

Let's ask this another way, since perception is reality. Does anybody outside of dumbfuque, South Carolina think of that halfway house for a school AT ALL when thinking about top programs?

Hellz to the no.

So they can think what they like, they are what the dog converts dog food into.

A little bit of luck in the CWS????? Our first national title appearance was in 1975. Try again.

Yeah, and you had your one Heisman winner decades before Bama ever had one, making you a bigger and better football program, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
What does that even mean? LG acted like we only had a little success in 2010-2012. We played for the national title 3 more times before that, all the way back to '75. 45+ years of success isn't just "a little bit of CWS luck".

I'm not even trying to be hostile with you guys. I'm just stating there's a legitimate 'shot' Sully winds up in Columbia, SC. No reason to post absurd things like South Carolina isn't historically relevant in baseball. That's just asinine.

That's like saying Florida football isn't relevant in football because they were only a powerhouse in the mid 90s to mid 00s.

No one gives a shit about South Carolina, and now you have our biggest failure in the only sport that matters from UF after having our best... Good luck, stop talking about SCjr on this board now...

No one gives a shit about South Carolina, and now you have our biggest failure in the only sport that matters from UF after having our best... Good luck, stop talking about SCjr on this board now...

You act like I came here to brag about South Carolina baseball. I only posted facts about why there is a legitimate chance Sully ends up at USCe.

But then I had to defend my program because some of you are so butt hurt at the thought of little ole South Carolina snagging your baseball coach to come coach at a historically superior baseball program. Reading comprehension is a valuable tool.

And do come back here and post some more, just as soon as O'Sul leaves UF to become a lamecock like you are,,,, :cool: so we'll finally know for sure just how smart you really are... :rolleyes:

You act like I came here to brag about South Carolina baseball. I only posted facts about why there is a legitimate chance Sully ends up at USCe.

But then I had to defend my program because some of you are so butt hurt at the thought of little ole South Carolina snagging your baseball coach to come coach at a historically superior baseball program. Reading comprehension is a valuable tool.

You didn't have to defend "your program', you had to defend your wildly overinflated statements about your program's success.

At the end of the day, your team still averages 20-12 per year. That is not a top program.

Reactions: instaGATOR
You didn't have to defend "your program', you had to defend your wildly overinflated statements about your program's success.

At the end of the day, your team still averages 20-12 per year. That is not a top program.

That is also a top 10 program all time in the CWS and in the top ten all time for national titles. We own a postseason win streak that will more then likely never be broken.

Regardless all that is beside the point and off topic. We have insider reports that our next head coach is currently coaching in the CWS and from what I here theyre coming from 'possibly' TCU, UF, or Louisville. Sully is Tanner's #1 target but any of the 3 will be homerun hires.

Regardless all that is beside the point and off topic. We have insider reports that our next head coach is currently coaching in the CWS and from what I here theyre coming from 'possibly' TCU, UF, or Louisville. Sully is Tanner's #1 target but any of the 3 will be homerun hires.

Yes, they all have agents looking at horse farms right now. ROFL.

That is also a top 10 program all time in the CWS and in the top ten all time for national titles. We own a postseason win streak that will more then likely never be broken.

Yes, and Florida is a top 10 team all time in basketball titles. Both your baseball and our basketball won ALL their titles back to back, which means the same group of players won them both. The difference is we recognize we caught lightning in a bottle, you are too delusional to see the same.

God DAMN you are delusional. 22 games? Anybody going back to back could break that.

Yes, and Florida is a top 10 team all time in basketball titles. Both your baseball and our basketball won ALL their titles back to back, which means the same group of players won them both. The difference is we recognize we caught lightning in a bottle, you are too delusional to see the same.

OTHER than the fact we've been contending for national titles since the 70s. We played for the national title twice in the 70s. Our success goes back 40+ years. Completely different scenarios. You're ridiculous. Your hatred and bias against South Carolina blinds you from facts.

God DAMN you are delusional. 22 games? Anybody going back to back could break that.

In 130 years of college baseball NO one has ever done it. And that wasn't from back to back. We played in the national title series three years in a row. Even when USCw won all those titles back in the day they never won 22 straight in the postseason.

I have no doubt AD Tanner will give O'Sullivan or his agent a call after the CWS to gauge his interest. But he turned down Texas last year and even though he has personal ties in the state due to his time at Clemson, I will be shocked if he leaves Gainesville, especially now that the AD is moving towards building a state of the art facility over by the softball complex. I don't know O'Sullivan at all, but he does seem content at UF and has a recruiting system in place to compete for championships every year.

Reactions: TheRoosterGuru
I have no doubt AD Tanner will give O'Sullivan or his agent a call after the CWS to gauge his interest. But he turned down Texas last year and even though he has personal ties in the state due to his time at Clemson, I will be shocked if he leaves Gainesville, especially now that the AD is moving towards building a state of the art facility over by the softball complex. I don't know O'Sullivan at all, but he does seem content at UF and has a recruiting system in place to compete for championships every year.

Thank you for your respectful response. I agree this may be a possibility, but I also believe there is a chance that Sully comes to Columbia. It's not a definite yes, but its definitely not out of the realm of possibility like LG claims.

OTHER than the fact we've been contending for national titles since the 70s. We played for the national title twice in the 70s. Our success goes back 40+ years. Completely different scenarios. You're ridiculous. Your hatred and bias against South Carolina blinds you from facts.

You aren't a mudhole, but you aren't a top 10 program. Your ridiculously biased love for USC-E has blinded you from facts.

You played for the National title twice in the 70's. UF's basketball team was final four in the 90's, played for three titles in the 2000's and won two, and made 4 elite 8's and a final four in this decade. And we still know we aren't a top 10 program. What YOU need is a dose of rationality.

Thank you for your respectful response. I agree this may be a possibility, but I also believe there is a chance that Sully comes to Columbia. It's not a definite yes, but its definitely not out of the realm of possibility like LG claims.

Kentucky thought they had Donovan, who had coached there, and is much more highly regarded in basketball than USC-E is in baseball, AND offers a hell of a lot more money. They didn't get him.

Can USC-E pull the shocker? Nothing is impossible. But it is damn unlikely.

No you don't.

Yes, I saw the NCAA books, but the reality is that conference tournaments are also the postseason, and you lost in the SEC Tourney in both 2010 and 2011. So it's wrong.

You do hold the record for 12 straight CWS wins, but that's only 2 years and a couple games. It's nowhere near something like the Oklahoma 47 game win streak, which is likely untouchable.

I do have to admit to being somewhat impressed with you continuing to come back despite getting the crap beat out of you and being made to look ridiculous so often.

You remind me of this guy:

Monty-Python-The-Black-Knight-2.gif

Last edited:
I give it about a 1% chance Sully leaves UF for USCe. So yes USCe has a chance to get him.

Bu the way I'm pretty sure Sully is the highest paid college baseball coach in the country.

Last edited:
You aren't a mudhole, but you aren't a top 10 program. Your ridiculously biased love for USC-E has blinded you from facts.

You played for the National title twice in the 70's. UF's basketball team was final four in the 90's, played for three titles in the 2000's and won two, and made 4 elite 8's and a final four in this decade. And we still know we aren't a top 10 program. What YOU need is a dose of rationality.

Youre talking about basketball compared to baseball. Your argument is irrelevant. There are many more successful programs in basketball to Florida compared to baseball for South Carolina.

We are willing to pay a coach 1mil-1.5mil. Sully's buyout drops after June 30th. We are more than capable of paying Sully well.
Don't think the buyout drops until after the 2018 season and then it goes to $750,000. Is USC willing to pay that in addition to a long term contract better than what UF has given him? I doubt it.

Gotta love how far DRR's position has moved just in this thread:

And the reason for the coaching change and the reason Sully WILL be our next coach LOL

Youre talking about basketball compared to baseball. Your argument is irrelevant. There are many more successful programs in basketball to Florida compared to baseball for South Carolina.

Actually, it's completely spot on. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it irrelevant.

Don't think the buyout drops until after the 2018 season and then it goes to $750,000. Is USC willing to pay that in addition to a long term contract better than what UF has given him? I doubt it.

His buyout drops to $750,000 at June 30th, makes even more sense that Tanner is taking his time. And yes we have enough money to match or pay more than what UF is willing to pay for a college baseball coach.

How in the hell are we still talking about a team that isn't playing anymore and about our coach? We have zero fundamentals and have done nothing but wasted talent for 7 years in omaha without any hardware, it would only be worse for him if he left Florida to SC... If he left don't really care you can have him, can't even coach kids at the highest level to lay bunts down or run bases, with less talent it would just be the muschamp comparison they would only get worse results without all the top level pitching and same undisciplined kids trying to hit swinging at everything with pop out foul balls for infinity... People can say what they want but there's simply zero excuse they haven't found a way to win it at least one f'in time with all this talent in omaha while we've watched shit teams like UVA and Coastal Carolina win it all twice when we were there and they beat us directly head to head there... And vandy too, not to mention getting swept by USCjr in the Finals 6 years ago in the finals because they can't coach kids to swing at good pitches with the bases loaded and no outs and lost from a double play swinging at everything...

His buyout drops to $750,000 at June 30th, makes even more sense that Tanner is taking his time. And yes we have enough money to match or pay more than what UF is willing to pay for a college baseball coach.
Ummm you are aware that Sully is the highest paid coach in the country right? I'm guessing you didn't know that based on your above comment.

even cal has one ring with more talent than everyone, if you are paid that much you should be able to teach grown 20 year olds how to bunt by now... or throw to home on a ground ball force out down by 2 runs already.. They have way to many fundamental problems at this level of baseball and it leads directly to losing each year to far less talented teams

What does that even mean? LG acted like we only had a little success in 2010-2012. We played for the national title 3 more times before that, all the way back to '75. 45+ years of success isn't just "a little bit of CWS luck".

A couple of appearances in the 70's and a couple more in the 10's isn't 45+ years of success. It's a few years of success separated by 40 years of CRAP. Fool.

Yes I know this. Tanner is willing to pay 1.5 mil for a coach.

You can't outbid UF. If we let you have him it will only be because we can do better.

Not that even the promise of more money would get him. Gainesville is far easier to recruit to. If you want to be successful, you need better players, Florida is where the better players are.

Plus, Gainesville is a destination. Columbia is more like a sentence.

A couple of appearances in the 70's and a couple more in the 10's isn't 45+ years of success. It's a few years of success separated by 40 years of CRAP. Fool.

South Carolina has perennially been one of the best teams in college baseball since 1970, posting 31 NCAA Tournament appearances, 11 CWS berths, 6 CWS Finals appearances and 2 National Championships: 2010 and 2011. Carolina is one of six schools in NCAA history to win back-to-back titles. Since joining the SEC in 1992, the team has competed in the Eastern division. South Carolina owns a stellar 32-18 record at the CWS, holds the NCAA record for consecutive wins (22) in the national tournament and the longest win streak ever at the CWS (12 in a row from 2010 to 2012) in which the Gamecocks played for national titles all three years.

In the 10 years from 2000–2009, South Carolina posted an impressive 468–201 overall record (179–120 SEC). The 468 overall wins ranked fourth in Division I College Baseball (first among SEC programs), and the 179 SEC victories led the conference for the decade. The Gamecocks made the NCAA Tournament every season, advancing to seven Super Regionals and three College World Series (first CWS berths since 1985). In addition, South Carolina won 40 or more games each season and hit the 50-win mark on three occasions (2000, 2002, 2004). The highlight of the decade was an appearance in the 2002 National Championship game against Texas, who defeated the Gamecocks by a score of 12–6. The 2002 squad finished with a 57–18 mark, setting the record for most season victories. In the five seasons from 2000 to 2004, South Carolina won more games than any other Division I College Baseball program in the nation (260–87 record). This stretch included five Super Regionals, three College World Series berths, three 50-win seasons, a 99–50 SEC record, three SEC championships (2 season and 1 tournament), and three SEC East titles.

For the last two decades South Carolina has been a national powerhouse and a dynasty (With consistent success going all the way back to the 70s). You sir are the FOOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT