ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Baseball

You can't outbid UF. If we let you have him it will only be because we can do better.

Not that even the promise of more money would get him. Gainesville is far easier to recruit to. If you want to be successful, you need better players, Florida is where the better players are.

Plus, Gainesville is a destination. Columbia is more like a sentence.

His divorce and his kids moving back to SC is the biggest reason alone. Same pay, better facilities, (UF AD said baseball facility upgrades will happen but are not a priority), a fan base that actually cares about baseball, an AD that is a baseball guy that won't make baseball second or third fiddle to everything else and a fertile recruiting pipeline in its backyard and nationally that consistently brings in #1 recruiting classes year in and year out. Take off your gator colored glasses.

During the press conference for the Holbrook resignation (firing) he stated this. This came straight from his mouth, not my ass.

Yet another Gator-wannabee is here to tell us all how it is,,,, how cutesy of him. :rolleyes:

Dirt-road-lamecock-loser, as I said before in this thread, come back here and brag AFTER you've managed to hire ANY coach, in ANY sport, away from the Gators that we wanted to keep. :cool:

Until then
you really are doing nothing but yappin' outta your idiot azz. o_O

South Carolina has perennially been one of the best teams in college baseball since 1970, posting 31 NCAA Tournament appearances, 11 CWS berths, 6 CWS Finals appearances and 2 National Championships: 2010 and 2011. Carolina is one of six schools in NCAA history to win back-to-back titles. Since joining the SEC in 1992, the team has competed in the Eastern division. South Carolina owns a stellar 32-18 record at the CWS, holds the NCAA record for consecutive wins (22) in the national tournament and the longest win streak ever at the CWS (12 in a row from 2010 to 2012) in which the Gamecocks played for national titles all three years.

In the 10 years from 2000–2009, South Carolina posted an impressive 468–201 overall record (179–120 SEC). The 468 overall wins ranked fourth in Division I College Baseball (first among SEC programs), and the 179 SEC victories led the conference for the decade. The Gamecocks made the NCAA Tournament every season, advancing to seven Super Regionals and three College World Series (first CWS berths since 1985). In addition, South Carolina won 40 or more games each season and hit the 50-win mark on three occasions (2000, 2002, 2004). The highlight of the decade was an appearance in the 2002 National Championship game against Texas, who defeated the Gamecocks by a score of 12–6. The 2002 squad finished with a 57–18 mark, setting the record for most season victories. In the five seasons from 2000 to 2004, South Carolina won more games than any other Division I College Baseball program in the nation (260–87 record). This stretch included five Super Regionals, three College World Series berths, three 50-win seasons, a 99–50 SEC record, three SEC championships (2 season and 1 tournament), and three SEC East titles.

For the last two decades South Carolina has been a national powerhouse and a dynasty (With consistent success going all the way back to the 70s). You sir are the FOOL.

So in 47 years, you've been to the CWS 11 times?

That doesn't sound all that brag worthy.

Neither does saying you have a "stellar" record of 32-18.

So you mean to tell me that, before your 22 game win streak from 2010-2012, your record was only 10-18?

That's an elite program?

Even that accomplishment is was over half a decade ago and getting further in the mirror.

You either suck at bragging or your standards of excellence are pathetic.

His divorce and his kids moving back to SC is the biggest reason alone. Same pay, better facilities, (UF AD said baseball facility upgrades will happen but are not a priority), a fan base that actually cares about baseball, an AD that is a baseball guy that won't make baseball second or third fiddle to everything else and a fertile recruiting pipeline in its backyard and nationally that consistently brings in #1 recruiting classes year in and year out. Take off your gator colored glasses.

But he would have to live in South Carolina. That's a deal breaker.

During the press conference for the Holbrook resignation (firing) he stated this. This came straight from his mouth, not my ass.

So Tanner, in this press conference, stated he was going to offer Sully 1.5 million?

Either you are still talking out of your ass or he is the worst negotiator in history.

O'Sullivan has recently gotten divorced? I didn't know that. His 2 kids are adorable.

So he's not an immoral loser for having a divorce?

He probably doesn't know Insta's keys to a happy long-term marriage.

38151790.jpg

So in 47 years, you've been to the CWS 11 times?

That doesn't sound all that brag worthy.

Neither does saying you have a "stellar" record of 32-18.

So you mean to tell me that, before your 22 game win streak from 2010-2012, your record was only 10-18?

That's an elite program?

Even that accomplishment is was over half a decade ago and getting further in the mirror.

You either suck at bragging or your standards of excellence are pathetic.

He's a USCjr fan, his standard of greatness has to be lower than whale dung. They've won one championship in over 120 years across the three major men's sports in their entire history. And his knowledge of our program is completely off, the new AD just signed up for massive baseball facility upgrades including a new stadium. UF recruits Florida, just as big in baseball as football. And anyone who's been to Columbia know's it's a trash heap that can't compare to the ville. If he didn't take the Clemson job he's never leaving.

Reactions: cnewz
He's a USCjr fan, his standard of greatness has to be lower than whale dung. They've won one championship in over 120 years across the three major men's sports in their entire history. And his knowledge of our program is completely off, the new AD just signed up for massive baseball facility upgrades including a new stadium. UF recruits Florida, just as big in baseball as football. And anyone who's been to Columbia know's it's a trash heap that can't compare to the ville. If he didn't take the Clemson job he's never leaving.

Cool story bro. We're talking about baseball. Why bring up other sports irrelevant to baseball? Ray Tanner said South Carolina is a top 3 job in college baseball and there is no reason why we can't hire a big name coach away from another big time school if we wanted to. Ray Tanner is a big name in athletics not to mention he's one of the most respected names in college baseball. I trust his word more than anyone in this thread trying to downplay a college baseball blue blood. Congrats on the national title. It's about time.

South Carolina has perennially been one of the best teams in college baseball since 1970, posting 31 NCAA Tournament appearances, 11 CWS berths, 6 CWS Finals appearances and 2 National Championships: 2010 and 2011. Carolina is one of six schools in NCAA history to win back-to-back titles. Since joining the SEC in 1992, the team has competed in the Eastern division. South Carolina owns a stellar 32-18 record at the CWS, holds the NCAA record for consecutive wins (22) in the national tournament and the longest win streak ever at the CWS (12 in a row from 2010 to 2012) in which the Gamecocks played for national titles all three years.

In the 10 years from 2000–2009, South Carolina posted an impressive 468–201 overall record (179–120 SEC). The 468 overall wins ranked fourth in Division I College Baseball (first among SEC programs), and the 179 SEC victories led the conference for the decade. The Gamecocks made the NCAA Tournament every season, advancing to seven Super Regionals and three College World Series (first CWS berths since 1985). In addition, South Carolina won 40 or more games each season and hit the 50-win mark on three occasions (2000, 2002, 2004). The highlight of the decade was an appearance in the 2002 National Championship game against Texas, who defeated the Gamecocks by a score of 12–6. The 2002 squad finished with a 57–18 mark, setting the record for most season victories. In the five seasons from 2000 to 2004, South Carolina won more games than any other Division I College Baseball program in the nation (260–87 record). This stretch included five Super Regionals, three College World Series berths, three 50-win seasons, a 99–50 SEC record, three SEC championships (2 season and 1 tournament), and three SEC East titles.

For the last two decades South Carolina has been a national powerhouse and a dynasty (With consistent success going all the way back to the 70s). You sir are the FOOL.

We're the champs. Where is your team now, chump?

Get gone.

I highly doubt Sully is leaving Gainesville anytime soon. Throw whatever money South Carolina wants to offer and we'll match it.

I can't believe we've been debating this USC nonsense for pages. Sully has built an absolute steam roller in Gainesville. It was already the premier program in the country and he just put it into hyperdrive. He's got Singer, Byrne, Kowar, Dyson, India, Lipput, Maldonado, maybe JJ Schwarz coming back and the No. 1 recruiting class coming in. If you think he's leaving Gainesville for that craphole in Columbia, you are delusional.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Here is the article about Sully's latest deal (inked last September) for those wondering:

UF baseball coach Kevin O'Sullivan inks 10-year, $12.5-million deal

From September 2016: If O'Sullivan were to leave UF after next season, he would owe the school a $1 million buyout. He would owe $750,000 if he left after 2018 and $500,000 if he were to leave any time prior to 2025, when the contract expires.

(So $1M buyout right now.)

Has a college coach of any major program coaching any of the big 3 sports ever left a program for another College program (not pros) the same year they won a national title?

Sully ain't leaving... anytime soon.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Cool story bro. We're talking about baseball. Why bring up other sports irrelevant to baseball? Ray Tanner said South Carolina is a top 3 job in college baseball and there is no reason why we can't hire a big name coach away from another big time school if we wanted to. Ray Tanner is a big name in athletics not to mention he's one of the most respected names in college baseball. I trust his word more than anyone in this thread trying to downplay a college baseball blue blood. Congrats on the national title. It's about time.

First, the nuttless of neutered lame were going to hire Meyer away from UF, cause NL can hire anyone they choose to offer... :rolleyes:

Then the kensucky mildcats were going to hire BillyD away from UF. :rolleyes:

And now some dirt-road troll from lamecockville is going to hire O'Sul away from UF. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The TOTAL DELUSIONS just never seem to end. :cool:

I keep on wondering why these twits don't just hire those coaches before they come to have great success at UF, instead of their repeated failed attempts to hire our successful National Championship coaches away from us? Clueless... o_O

PS

This National Title in Baseball goes in the Trophy Case with the other 13 different Gator Sports National Championship Trophies.
No other school in the SEC even has 10 different sports with a National Championship....
UF was named 'Title-Town' by SI for very good reasons... :p

Before Steve Spurrier South Carolina only had one big donor and her name is on the stadium. Steve knew that if South Carolina didn’t get more $$$ donors USC would still be crap. Luckily it took a smart Gator to get USC up to date with their facilities.

No way will South Carolina out pay Florida, it won’t happen. Sully gets a huge paycheck starting next season from UF.

I find it intriguing that USC hires Coaches that left UF one reason or another. I take it that USC wants their program on the level of UF? USC just doesn’t or can’t hire somebody to come in with a fresh start, somebody new!!!!! Embarrassing if you ask me!!!

Reactions: bradleygator
Not quite UF's, TCU's or Louisville's coach, but I am sure that our resident USCjr fan will rationalize that this is just as good.

SportsTalk‏@sportstalksc
Sources indicating today that USF coach Mark Kingston is the front runner for the USC job. He interviewed in Columbia last week.

A lot happens to ride upon if the coach likes it where he's at. Sully is a Florida boy. He grew up here, got his degree's here, and started his career in the state. Why would he want to move out of state for a lateral job? USC fans can claim it's an upgrade to go to USC, but any team will say that. ANY AD in the country will claim that their open coaching job is one of the top 3 in the country right now to try and pull in the best candidates that they can. Does that mean that they are all right? Do you believe anyone that claims Tulane is a lateral move for Coach Saban to leave Alabama for? Well as much as Tulane people might claim that, it doesn't make it true. Whatever USC's fans or it's AD may claim about their pedigree, that only holds water for them, not for the world at large.

I cannot see Sully leaving UF for another job in The SEC for anything less than double the paycheck. That might be tough considering the bonus to his salary he just earned here at UF and the 10 year extension he just was awarded.

I highly doubt Coach O'Sullivan is going to leave Florida anytime soon, if ever. But if his ex-wife has primary custody of their 2 kids and is planning to move back to South Carolina, where I read she's originally from, that could provide a very personal, emotional reason for him to want to go to Cockland.

I highly doubt Coach O'Sullivan is going to leave Florida anytime soon, if ever. But if his ex-wife has primary custody of their 2 kids and is planning to move back to South Carolina, where I read she's originally from, that could provide a very personal, emotional reason for him to want to go to Cockland.

I may e wrong about this ley have shared custody and she just can't pick up and move their kids without her husband's and the court's approval . the children were born in Gainesville, this is their home.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I may e wrong about this ley have shared custody and she just can't pick up and move their kids without her husband's and the court's approval . the children were born in Gainesville, this is their home.

This is not true at all. The mother in this type of custody can go wherever she wants BUT has to inform the dad just to let him know. If they didn't have shared custody she could up and leave without even telling him. Shared custody is just a way for the dads to feel good about themselves and know where their kids are. The mother has full control in a shared custody.

Sad but true. If I were in that circumstance, my wife had better be ready for me to move down the block. Nobody else is going to raise my kids.

Hopefully, that's not the case. Here's a cool article on Sully from the Miami Herald from the start of this season.

This is not true at all. The mother in this type of custody can go wherever she wants BUT has to inform the dad just to let him know. If they didn't have shared custody she could up and leave without even telling him. Shared custody is just a way for the dads to feel good about themselves and know where their kids are. The mother has full control in a shared custody.
Each state has its own divorce laws, but here's a good explanation of child relocations under Florida law. The mother cannot just move without signed approval of the ex and to get the court to allow it without his OK, she has to justify the reasons for the move to be in the best interests of the child. https://www.myfloridalaw.com/child-custody-law/relocation-of-children/

that is incorrect, in the state of Florida you can't take a man's children out of state without his consent or that of the state, the following article will help you out here. All the "i want it" in the world isn't going to make this happen for you.
http://www.divorcenet.com/resources/child-custody-and-relocation-laws-florida.html

O'Sul is probably not as stubborn or as hard-headed (hard-azzed) as I am, but if this had happened to me, I'd have told her that if she did this, then I was indeed going to follow her to SCa, but I was going to take a job as a HS coach/teacher, and she could learn to live on that cut of the money instead of what she was used to getting. :mad:

DON'T START NO CHIT,,,, WON'T BE NO CHIT! :cool:

Can't be. It WILL be Sully (see below - particularly the many reasons as to why)

Not true at all. There are many reason why he WILL be the next HC at USCe.

1. Personal reason/ kids/ divorce/wife from SC

2. Coach Tanner will pay over a mil

3. USC facilities > UF baseball facilities

4. Top 5 college baseball stadium

5. Fan support. Founders Park hold 8,000+ fans and they sell out consistently. McKethan holds 5,500 fans and I believe they only average 1,500 a game.

6. It's rare to have an AD that's a former baseball guy. Sully knows Tanner will take care of him and he'll get the support he needs.

South Carolina is a college baseball blueblood. Our fans actually care. It's ridiculous the amount of success Sully has brought to UF and the majority of UF fans could care less about college baseball. I don't get it. Especially for a school in the southeast.

Did Sully go to USCjr? I thought he was most certainly going to be their next coach.

Not true at all. There are many reason why he WILL be the next HC at USCe.

1. Personal reason/ kids/ divorce/wife from SC

2. Coach Tanner will pay over a mil

3. USC facilities > UF baseball facilities

4. Top 5 college baseball stadium

5. Fan support. Founders Park hold 8,000+ fans and they sell out consistently. McKethan holds 5,500 fans and I believe they only average 1,500 a game.

6. It's rare to have an AD that's a former baseball guy. Sully knows Tanner will take care of him and he'll get the support he needs.

South Carolina is a college baseball blueblood. Our fans actually care. It's ridiculous the amount of success Sully has brought to UF and the majority of UF fans could care less about college baseball. I don't get it. Especially for a school in the southeast.
HELLO??? How did this turn out?

Don't really know what anyone expected, it's just funny how all the timing on all these things turn out.. We have been due for a ring for about a decade, when all this talk comes up and we are about to put all this money into the stadium and facilities to build a long term baseball king dynasty.. We finally win it all to get it all kicked off... The timing is poetic, and he turned down the team and exact guy as the AD that beat us the last final we made it to... Our fans have no excuse not to start showing up now like other schools and help turn us into a serious yearly power and shot at winnin this thing yearly.. All the pressure is gone, everything is in place to keep winning them too now... Recruiting is the best on top of all this, got our big arms coming back and the hitting sure as hell isn't gonna get worse either... We could have a real shot at going back to back too

Reactions: bradleygator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT