ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Baseball

1-1 going to the 11th. Byrne running out of gas. Better score now or it could be over.

Has there ever been a single time a bouncing bullshit ball off the pitcher doesn't go RIGHT to an infielder for a birthday present out? Iv'e never seen anything but happen every time for the right bounce, it's laughable that it just continues on and on forever...

Going to bed. 1-1 going to the bottom of the 11th and starting to rain. Bats getting dominated by USF pitching. Faedo & Byrne have been great, but Byrne looks to be running out of gas. Will see how it turns out when I get up in the morning.

Has there ever been a single time a bouncing bullshit ball off the pitcher doesn't go RIGHT to an infielder for a birthday present out? Iv'e never seen anything but happen every time for the right bounce, it's laughable that it just continues on and on forever...

We've had quite a few hard hit balls right at people. A little unlucky. Byrne has been unbelievable. What's this guy going to throw 9 innings? Byrne pitching like this has got to pick up our lineup. We need some guys on base.

Sully must have called the Pope on that error!!! I've never seen an error Ike that where the 1st baseman wasn't ready for the throw like that. Bases loaded come Gators!!!!

Going to bed. 1-1 going to the bottom of the 11th and starting to rain. Bats getting dominated by USF pitching. Faedo & Byrne have been great, but Byrne looks to be running out of gas. Will see how it turns out when I get up in the morning.
Should have stayed up buddy. I know you are not able to sleep. Check the scores.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
lmao we needed the exact collapse that usf gave us to win this game...haven't seen anything like that since little league ball umping games, I used to score like that or inside the park home runs with some speed as a kid from two bad throws and everyone just yelling and telling you to keep going lol... from first to home on a bad pick off throw caught the first baseman off guard

Great win Gators! Byrne won that game in the 11th getting out of that jam. No messing around tomorrow night, hopefully.

lmao we needed the exact collapse that usf gave us to win this game...haven't seen anything like that since little league ball umping games, I used to score like that or inside the park home runs with some speed as a kid from two bad throws and everyone just yelling and telling you to keep going lol... from first to home on a bad pick off throw caught the first baseman off guard

Get deep into close games like that and crazy things happen. So far they haven't been happening to us. Hopefully that keeps up. Have to give the Gators credit for taking advantage. Reese was running for third all the way on that throwing error, and Gators later advanced two guys to second and third on a spiked curve ball that ended up about 5 feet from the catcher. That's heads up baseball. JJ had a great at bat to get us 2 up and made two great plays at 1b in the 12th. Maldonado nearly murdered the pitcher with his rbis.

Got up this morning to see they won it 5-1. This was typical Gators for this year. They've had 17 1 run wins and while this doesn't classify since they scored 4 in the 12th, it just shows how gritty and unflappable this team is. They also have a bunch of come from behind wins. This isn't UF's most talented team, by far. But they seem to be very tight knit and scrap like champs. USF is a really good team and for Faedo & Byrne to hold them to 1 run in 12 innings is truly amazing.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Got up this morning to see they won it 5-1. This was typical Gators for this year. They've had 17 1 run wins and while this doesn't classify since they scored 4 in the 12th, it just shows how gritty and unflappable this team is. They also have a bunch of come from behind wins. This isn't UF's most talented team, by far. But they seem to be very tight knit and scrap like champs. USF is a really good team and for Faedo & Byrne to hold them to 1 run in 12 innings is truly amazing.

Analyst last night said the Gators were 16-6 this year in one run games, by far the most wins in the country, and had something like 10 come from behind wins. He made a good point that Sully's more talented teams might not have been used to playing close games at Omaha because they steamrolled people. Last night was a perfect example. It looked like USF had the advantage, hitting last and their closer had thrown less pitches. But Gators just kept playing and USF blew up.

Can Florida keep winning with pitching alone? This is one of the worst batting teams I recall at UF. There are a lot of dead spots in the lineup and some undisciplined efforts even in the stars (i.e. Schwartz taking a first pitch pop up...out of the strike zone...with runners in scoring position and the USF pitcher starting to get shaky...or (don't recall the batter) in the early innings with the USF second baseman basically giving up the gap with a runner on second and the batter swinging out of his shoes pulling the ball in to the 2nd out. That is the kind of play you just wonder what is going on in their brains)

BTW, this USF team is good. Kingston is putting together a squad that is going to be reckoned with going forward. The meat of their lineup is legit. They obviously could not produce against a great UF pitching staff, but they battled...had good at bats. If Faedo and Byrne come out like that its hard to believe too many can hit UF...those are legit MLB prospects.

Can Florida keep winning with pitching alone? This is one of the worst batting teams I recall at UF. There are a lot of dead spots in the lineup and some undisciplined efforts even in the stars (i.e. Schwartz taking a first pitch pop up...out of the strike zone...with runners in scoring position and the USF pitcher starting to get shaky...or (don't recall the batter) in the early innings with the USF second baseman basically giving up the gap with a runner on second and the batter swinging out of his shoes pulling the ball in to the 2nd out. That is the kind of play you just wonder what is going on in their brains)

BTW, this USF team is good. Kingston is putting together a squad that is going to be reckoned with going forward. The meat of their lineup is legit. They obviously could not produce against a great UF pitching staff, but they battled...had good at bats. If Faedo and Byrne come out like that its hard to believe too many can hit UF...those are legit MLB prospects.
I think we've swept the Noles 3-0 the last 2 years without our weekend starters, which is the heart of our pitching staff. If we're a bad hitting team, what does that make FSU because our mid-week starts this year have not been very good?

Reactions: instaGATOR
Get deep into close games like that and crazy things happen. So far they haven't been happening to us. Hopefully that keeps up. Have to give the Gators credit for taking advantage. Reese was running for third all the way on that throwing error, and Gators later advanced two guys to second and third on a spiked curve ball that ended up about 5 feet from the catcher. That's heads up baseball. JJ had a great at bat to get us 2 up and made two great plays at 1b in the 12th. Maldonado nearly murdered the pitcher with his rbis.

hey, ill take it, we've been owed them to break our way for over 6 years now...

well, we are playing bethune cookman in the end so none of this matters lol... thanks for the analysis though

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
Tonight has to be the most embarrassing loss in the Sully era. We made BCc look like the Yankees. I suspect they will put us out of our misery in the next game. Good thing since we look totally disinterested, especially at the plate.

I watched a movie with the wife because I didn't want to watch the game. We should win and if we weren't going to I didn't want to see it. Last night's win against USF took a lot out of both UF & the Bulls. It showed with the Bulls this afternoon and it's showing with the Gators tonight. I expect us to take the rubber game tomorrow.

We got out hit 13-5 tonight. Some guy throwing mid 80s was mowing us down. Sully has a lot of work to do.

it's the same every year except this team is worse than the usual ones, no reason to care if they win.. because you already know they ain't doing anything that matters, as usual...

gotta rely on womens sports still

gotta rely on womens sports still

Football - B-2-B SEC-E Champs -- Outback Bowl UF 30 - 3 Iowa

Men's B-Ball - SEC Runner-up - Elite-8

Baseball - NCAA Tourney

If the only way you measure success is with a NC, then you're gonna be a sad boy about 95% of the time.... :rolleyes:

============

I prefer to look at this in a little different way.... o_O

UF is #1 in Total SEC Championships (234) since the Conf. founding in 1932.

Florida has won 14 National Team titles since 2009, equaling the highest total in the nation. :)

The Gator program is
one of only 3 schools to have 6 or more different sports win National Championships in the last 7 years. :cool:

For a whille it looked like a repeat of laat night. Glad they pulled it out now Wake Forrest.

Hope we get Larson back for Wake Forest. Also, seems like with the anemic hitting we would have seen Christian Hicks more. He's been one of our most valuable players and a consistent hitter all year. However they do it, win and advance. That's what it's all about.

Hope we get Larson back for Wake Forest. Also, seems like with the anemic hitting we would have seen Christian Hicks more. He's been one of our most valuable players and a consistent hitter all year. However they do it, win and advance. That's what it's all about.

With Rivera and Guthrie healthy, it must be tough to find Hicks abs, particularly with Langworthy hitting as the pitcher yesterday. Gators use position players to pitch a fair amount once they get into the bullpen, so it does look tricky getting Hicks into the lineup. We need Rivera to hit. We played our best ball of the year with Schwarz catching and Hicks at 1b. I agree that we need Larson back. He's a good glove and really has been our most consistent hitter all year (maybe behind maldonado).

Win and advance.

Thus far the SEC is 6-2 in terms of winning the regional. Three of the four hosts advance and three non host teams advance

O'Sullivan said the team is almost back to full strength health-wise. He's concerned about how much Byrne pitched in the Regionals, but said he won't pick up a ball all week and will be good to go Saturday. Garrett Milchin has had some arm fatigue, but also should be OK by the weekend. The only real question is Ryan Larson. Larson wants to play and they almost put him in the final game Monday for defensive purposes. But he didn't feel comfortable if he had to dive for a ball. They just won't take chances with his health, although they believe he'll be cleared for the weekend series.

RHP Michael Byrne Soph 6-2 205 - Orlando, FL -- UF Record 16 season saves.
3 Gms, 10 innings, 37 batters, 0.00 ERA, 13 strike-outs, 6 hits, 2 BB's. (97 strikes - 42 balls.
In just his 2nd plate appearance as a Gator, he laid down a perfect sacrifice bunt to advance the runner that later scored on Jonathan India sac-fly.
He is one of 5 finalists for the 13th Annual National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association 'Stopper of the Year' Award.

"Michael Byrne is the MVP of this team right now if you ask me,'' teammate INF Blake Reese said after Saturday's game. "It's lights out. Good for him. He deserves it. The guys love him."

Pretty surprising I guess, considering that he is just another no-count Gator WALK-ON! o_O

Already there and still getting better:

RHP Michael Byrne ----------- So 6-2 205 - Orlando, FL
RHP Brady Singer ------------- So 6-5 200 - Eustis, FL
RHP Jackson Kowar -------- So 6-5 180 - Charlotte, N.C.
1B Blake Reese ---------------- So 5-11 180 - Tallahassee, FL
2B/SS Deacon Liput --------- So 5-10 190 - Oviedo, FL
3B/SS Jonathan India ------- So 6-0 195 - Coral Springs, FL
RF/3B Nelson Maldonado - So 5-10 195 - Tampa, FL

Up and Coming right now:

OF/LHP Austin Langworthy - Fr 5-9 190 - Williston, FL
3B/RHP Garrett Milchin ------- Fr 6-5 210 - Windemere, FL
OF/RHP Kirby McMullen ------ Fr 5-11 195 -Ocala, FL
3B/RHP Tyler Dyson ------------ Fr 6-2 230 - Bradenton, FL
OF/LHP Andrew Baker --------- Fr 5-9 185 - Haines City, FL
RHP Nate Brown ------------------ Fr 6-1 205 - Hartland, Wisc.
OF/1B Keenan Bell -------------- Fr 6-0 230 - Jacksonville, FL

And just a step behind those guys, are these new and untried guys:

OF/RHP Austin Bodrato - Fr 6-0 195 - Montgomery, N.Y.
RPH Billy McKay ------------ Fr 5-11 205 - Plant City, FL
RHP Cam Weinberger ---- Fr 6-1 215 - Boca Raton, FL
RHP Nate Long -------------- Fr 6-0 195 - Sarasota, FL
LHP Cole Maye -------------- Fr 6-7 220 - Huntersville, N.C.

Add in any newbees that O'Sul brings in this year, and the next team looks to be a pretty darn good one... :cool:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT