ADVERTISEMENT

Florida - Miami matchup

Look the fact is, you guys are all arguing over our offense here, and it stands without question that whatever issues we have, their offense is 10 times worse. If they score at all in this game non-defensively I will be surprised. Their offense is so bad they don't know which direction to face half the time they line up. Their offense is so bad, some of their players should have gone and signed with Tennessee. If we can't start off with a win over a team that is in the place that Miami is, we have serious issues for this year considering the rest of our schedule.

I agree - I just hope we don't get caught up in a defensive struggle the whole game. I think if the running game can be established we could break their will and score quite a bit in the 2nd half possibly.

I watched Wisconsin move up and down on their defense.. Their offensive line was undisciplined and their play calling seemed to consist of what a novice of NCAA '14 would upload.

The ie recuiting class wasn't all that impressive, but that is understandable.. Diaz utilized the transfer portal and landed his potentil QB in Martell.. He needs to be a major upgrade over N'Kosi or this game won't be close entering the fourth.. I have no idea about how good any of their poition coaches are.

I do know what Dan Mullen did in his first year.. Franks was not garbage against statistically a top five defense thanks to Dan outscheming Jim Harbaugh.. Our talent level may be close, but the man walking our sideline has experience and has beaten better.. Plus it's time.

Reactions: mcanes
I watched Wisconsin move up and down on their defense.. Their offensive line was undisciplined and their play calling seemed to consist of what a novice of NCAA '14 would upload.

The ie recuiting class wasn't all that impressive, but that is understandable.. Diaz utilized the transfer portal and landed his potentil QB in Martell.. He needs to be a major upgrade over N'Kosi or this game won't be close entering the fourth.. I have no idea about how good any of their poition coaches are.

I do know what Dan Mullen did in his first year.. Franks was not garbage against statistically a top five defense thanks to Dan outscheming Jim Harbaugh.. Our talent level may be close, but the man walking our sideline has experience and has beaten better.. Plus it's time.
Martell is no good. He was their 3rd best QB in the spring. They are in trouble at the QB spot.

Martell is no good. He was their 3rd best QB in the spring. They are in trouble at the QB spot.

I read a quote where he was told it would be in his best interest to transfer.. I don't know if that is true, but I haven't seen much college film of him.. The little bit I saw was of a guy who didn't go through his progressions.. That may be an unfair assesment.. I just don't see a can't miss prospect, Urban really liked him..

I really see this as a bad matchup for Miami. Especially early in the season. If they don't break off a couple of Home Run touchdowns they are going to be in trouble big time. They will need at least two of those was just to keep it close.

I don't see a blowout, it'll be a 24-14 type game. Offenses usually suck this early in the season and both our offenses have some rebuilding to do. Our defense should feast on their offense and I could see their d-line giving our oline some trouble early. If we avoid mistakes we should pull away eventually, but that's a big if.

Reactions: 904ThugU

I wouldn't put too much into that Wisconsin game as Miami's defense seemed to mail it in the 2nd half because the offense wasn't doing anything but turning the ball over and it was a bowl game after a poor season for them. The defense actually didn't play that bad in the first half after the opening drive but Miami was throwing picks like crazy that game.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put too much into that Wisconsin game as Miami's defense seemed to mail it in the 2nd half because the offense wasn't doing anything but turning the ball over and it was a bowl game after a poor season for them. The defense actually didn't play that bad in the first half after the opening drive but Miami was throwing picks like crazy that game.

You can call it mailing it in, the offense surely didn't help.. What I saw was a more physically imposing team wear them down.. The QB was unable to have the time to make much more than a one read two step..

It's dangerous to assume momentum will carry over, I just don't know enough about Enos or Martell to give an honest assesment on what they will be running in August...

Miami has an extremely easy schedule this year.. If they beat us, I could easily see them being in the CFP discussion.. Not that I think they are that great, only because their toughest games on paper are against Virginia Tech, Virginia, Pittsburgh and Florida State....

LSU 33 - 17 Mia - @ Arlington TX
LSU 19 - 27 @ UF

FSU 27 - 28 @ Mia
FSU 14 - 41 UF in Tallycrappy

Wis 35 - 3 Miami
Wis 13 - 38 Mich
UF 41 - 15 Mich

No worries mates.... ;) --- :D
Man, you love you some transitive property. You do realize Mark Richt quit, right? So while I still expect UF to win, I’m not sure why so many of you are talking about what they did on offense last season.

Man, you love you some transitive property. You do realize Mark Richt quit, right? So while I still expect UF to win, I’m not sure why so many of you are talking about what they did on offense last season.

And yet here you are,,, still lickin' your own nutts, sniffin' other's butts, and barkin' at da-moon....

And so they now have the same players but a brand new set of offensive coaches and a brand new scheme. Even if the scheme is similar, there will be a learning curve which they will be at the bottom of in August. I have trouble believing an already inept offense dealing with learning a new system is going to be worth much in game 1. I might feel different if it was game 6, if the new coaches are good they should be showing improvement by then.

Reactions: instaGATOR
And so they now have the same players but a brand new set of offensive coaches and a brand new scheme. Even if the scheme is similar, there will be a learning curve which they will be at the bottom of in August. I have trouble believing an already inept offense dealing with learning a new system is going to be worth much in game 1. I might feel different if it was game 6, if the new coaches are good they should be showing improvement by then.
Agreed. But insta takes this stuff to a incredibly retarded level.

I read a quote where he was told it would be in his best interest to transfer.. I don't know if that is true, but I haven't seen much college film of him.. The little bit I saw was of a guy who didn't go through his progressions.. That may be an unfair assesment.. I just don't see a can't miss prospect, Urban really liked him..
While Urban has recruited some good QB's we must not forget Urban also really like Jeff Driskel, Trey Burton, and Jordan Reed. While all 3 were great athletes, they weren't all world QB's. Also add in that guy who transferred to LSU. Not bad but nothing special.

I will say that I have him blocked so I miss his part.

I will also say that is nothing new. Insta, TGator and I used to spend time on the Vol board before we got banned, and there were times when I actually defended MD Vol's position over Insta. If you have ever read any of MD's stuff you will understand how far out there Insta had to go to get me to that point.

LSU 33 - 17 Mia - @ Arlington TX
LSU 19 - 27 @ UF

FSU 27 - 28 @ Mia
FSU 14 - 41 UF in Tallycrappy

Wis 35 - 3 Miami
Wis 13 - 38 Mich
UF 41 - 15 Mich

No worries mates.... ;) --- :D

Sometimes that stuff helps but can get crazy at times. We could have lost to Indiana last season if we played using that transitive property argument.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
You can call it mailing it in, the offense surely didn't help.. What I saw was a more physically imposing team wear them down.. The QB was unable to have the time to make much more than a one read two step..

It's dangerous to assume momentum will carry over, I just don't know enough about Enos or Martell to give an honest assesment on what they will be running in August...

Miami has an extremely easy schedule this year.. If they beat us, I could easily see them being in the CFP discussion.. Not that I think they are that great, only because their toughest games on paper are against Virginia Tech, Virginia, Pittsburgh and Florida State....

My guess is their offense wont be the trainwreck it was last season but it should take a few games for it to click so that should be in our favor.

That's due to the audience that I'm responding to pretty much. o_O

Tell me, isn't Mark Retch your 2nd winning-est coach behind ole Vince?
Asking for a 'cut & paste' friend... :rolleyes:

https://247sports.com/college/flori...tlining-Florida-Miami-season-opener-132546120

Gator 2019 OL projected 2-deep before Fall camp:

LT Stone Forsythe rsJr --- T.J. Moore rsSo

LG Brett Heggie rsJr --- Chris Bleich rsFr

OC Nick Buchanan rsSr --- Griffin McDowell rsFr

RG Noah Banks rsSr --- Chris Bleich rsFr

RT Richard Gouraige rsFr --- Jean DeLance rsJr

The 5 deep TE's & RB's will backup and assist the OL'men, where and when needed.
And there are still 7 Fr FNG OL'men to sort out by Aug. 24th. :cool:
=====.

That article only mentions L.Perine, ignoring the other 4 RB's.
M.Davis rsSo - D.Pierce So - I.Clement rsFr - N.Wright Fr
Three of that committee will play for sure, maybe all 5 by the end of the season.

And IF the scUM ignores the passing game, UF's host of Top receivers (WR-TE-RB) will eat their lunch. Run blitz all they want, and Mullen will call plays to drop balls over their heads all game long.
=====

This game might be over before halftime. The scUM QB's are in for a long day.... o_O

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Gonna be a shit show of crappy lines! Bad qb play!
Our lines and QB are going to be quite good this year. Sorry to disappoint you.

Just a 'talking season' reminder,,, SEC teams with 3 losses in 2018:
#6-7t UF
#6-7 LSU
#7t-8 UGly
#11-12 UK
========

Edit extra, FYI:

The SECe is just so weak and so far behind the SECw, (ignorant claim). :rolleyes:
Everyone knows this is true,,,, (deluded supposition) o_O

W UA 14-1 SEC-C - 3-0 vs SECe
E UGly 11-3 SECe-C - 1-2 vs SECw
-----
E UF 10-3 - 2-0 vs SECw
W LSU 10-3 - 1-1 vs SECe
E UK 10-3 - 1-1 vs SECw
-----
W aTm 9-4 - 2-0 vs SECe
-----
E Mizzou 8-5 - 1-1 vs SECw
W MsSt 8-5 - 0-2 vs SECe
W AU 8-5 - 0-2 vs SECe
-----
E SCa 7-6 1-1 vs SECw
E VU 6-7 2-0 vs SECw
-----
E TN 5-7 - 1-1 vs SECw
W Ms 5-7 - 0-2 vs SECe
-----
W Ark 2-10 - 0-2 vs SECe
=======

Three (3) of the Top 5 W/L teams are SECe.

SECe was 9-6 vs SECw (9-5 regular season)

Best and Worst W/L records combined:
SECw - 14-1 + 2-10 = 16-11 (15-11 without UA extra game)
SECe - 11-3 + 5-7 = 16-10

Overall W/L Combined
SECw - 56-35
SECe - 57-34

Looks pretty balanced to me, bit with a slight edge to the SECe, and the H-2-H to the SECe.

Last edited:
Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I don't see any Miami fans talking mess here but on some other sites they think they have a good chance to win this game. I don't see much of a chance due to their offense but I won't say there isn't a chance. They have some talent there.

I don't see any Miami fans talking mess here but on some other sites they think they have a good chance to win this game. I don't see much of a chance due to their offense but I won't say there isn't a chance. They have some talent there.
We got their leading yardage receiver in a transfer, and their passing game was horrible last year.

While Urban has recruited some good QB's we must not forget Urban also really like Jeff Driskel, Trey Burton, and Jordan Reed. While all 3 were great athletes, they weren't all world QB's. Also add in that guy who transferred to LSU. Not bad but nothing special.
meyer recruited talent and runs a great scheme...covers a lot of sin on QB spot

Haha... according to a poster on their board...martell is the best QB in the state. :rolleyes:

Don't really know what is going on there. It sounds like any of the 3 could start I guess. I doubt they name the starter until right before our game but it may leak out a few weeks prior.

Miami is terrible and their fans are completely delusional. They think Richt was holding them back because they were so bad last year after winning 10 games the previous season but we all know that season was a complete fluke, so many last minute come from behind wins. Florida will completely abuse them.

Miami is terrible and their fans are completely delusional. They think Richt was holding them back because they were so bad last year after winning 10 games the previous season but we all know that season was a complete fluke, so many last minute come from behind wins. Florida will completely abuse them.
It will be a nice warm up game for us IMO...against someone better than Charleston Southern lol

"On any Saturday in college football...' o_O

NAW, UF wins this game going away... :D

Tellin’ ya...it will make absolutely no logical sense...mark sadgator’s words...79 days...

Sad, stick your head deep in the toilet and pull the handle over and over, until it's all flushed out...:cool:

100% but when you have almost all of the best players in the country...JT Barrett is throwing wide open TD's and making plays on one of the best teams in the country.
Definitely, some teams a superior talented QB's can make a team look great, then some superior talented teams can make most any QB look great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT