ADVERTISEMENT

Florida - Miami matchup

Mullen is going to spread the Miami defense out by going 4 or 5 wide because we have that many good WRs and Miami doesn’t have the DBs. He’s going to throw the ball more than usual and then when Miami is spread out he’s going to run the ball with Franks and/or Perine/Davis and Miami isn’t going to have the numbers in the box to account for a QB and a RB capable of running the ball.

Reactions: mcanes
Their DB situation is in bad bad shape. RBs don’t look that impressive either to be honest.

Their oline situation is actually even worse than I thought. Yikes!

Just for the record and so you know...each of the DB and RB that you put into question were either offered a scholarship by UF, FSU, Alabama, UGA or Clemson...or combination there of. Come this Saturday night you will see if they can play to that level or not....

Just sayin....... ;););)

“They like to run Feleipe Franks a lot, especially in the red zone,” Hill said of UF. “I watched them a little bit in the summer time, watched the spring game - really wasn’t that impressed with the O-Line, but I respect all my opponents. I’m ready to get out there and play these boys and see what they’re about.”

And his prediction for how the game is going to go

“We’re going to see when we get out on that field, ain’t going to be much talking right now.”
----------

Not sure where this came from but this is that VT transfer getting a little arrogant.

Kid is ready to play...

In his 16 starts at VT…Totaled 94 tackles, 20.0 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks in two-plus seasons of playing time...and he's not starting at UM. Just sayin;)

Kid is ready to play...

In his 16 starts at VT…Totaled 94 tackles, 20.0 tackles for loss and 11.5 sacks in two-plus seasons of playing time...and he's not starting at UM. Just sayin;)
your offense put up 38 points against tech, and your offense blew chunks.

Reactions: grommit
Just for the record and so you know...each of the DB and RB that you put into question were either offered a scholarship by UF, FSU, Alabama, UGA or Clemson...or combination there of. Come this Saturday night you will see if they can play to that level or not....

Just sayin....... ;););)
Not sure what that means? Being offered and actually being pursued are 2 totally different things. I don’t think many of those guys were being heavily recruited by any of those schools. Good luck though

Miami fans are claiming Stewart, Slaton and Ancrum are suspended for this game. That is the first I heard a rumor Ancrum is suspended also.

Kid is ready to play...

I did watch some video on him and he can get after the QB on passing downs. I am curious if Rossou is as good as Miami fans seem to think. He has enough weight to play that position now and is really quick.

Miami fans are claiming Stewart, Slaton and Ancrum are suspended for this game. That is the first I heard a rumor Ancrum is suspended also.

SUSPENSIONS COMING?

Mullen did not elaborate on any suspensions.

“If we have any, like we always do, that’d be something we’d announce on Saturday before the game.”

However, none of the 3 listed are listed as starters.

Offensive Coordinator Dan Enos was the OC at Arkansas from 2015 - 2017. That is the full extent of his offensive coordinator experience at the FBS level. He was the QB coach at Alabama for one year, but did not call plays.

The Razorbacks offense became progressively worse each year under Enos. His last season at Arkansas they had the following national rankings:
Total Offense 94
Rushing Offense 61
Passing Offense 83
Scoring Offense 62
1st Downs 91
Time of Possession 28

They don’t have much at oline and they don’t have much at QB. It’s going to be a long long night offensively for Miami.

Reactions: mcanes
Last I checked, just like Rupp Arena at Kentucky, it's not "your" stadium. You rent it for your events.
True....but....so was the Orange Bowl....owned by the City of Miami....we NEVER sold that place out during regular games....only FSU, Florida....big opponants.

Deal with the facts,,, or snivel over your lacks,,, either is fine with me. :D:p:D

And yepper, see you next Saturday evening for the fun... :cool:

Congrats Gators. Didn't see the better at every position and domination that was thrown out from some here but you guys won. We got whipped on the OL especially with our 2 new freshman OT and made 3 crucial errors that could have gotten us the W instead of the L (muffed punt on the 10 yard line, dropped TD by same player and a missed 21 FG from a guy that never missed last year inside the 40). Oh well that's why you play the games.

Both teams have to improve to get where they want to be come December and January.

Reactions: oozie7 and Uswagpak
Congrats Gators. Didn't see the better at every position and domination that was thrown out from some here but you guys won. We got whipped on the OL especially with our 2 new freshman OT and made 3 crucial errors that could have gotten us the W instead of the L (muffed punt on the 10 yard line, dropped TD by same player and a missed 21 FG from a guy that never missed last year inside the 40). Oh well that's why you play the games.

Both teams have to improve to get where they want to be come December and January.
Your defense is going to keep in you most all games this year. That front 7 is outstanding. I would be concerned though with having a +3 in the turnover department and still losing. 2 of the turnovers were unforced at that. I think your QB will be good.

Reactions: oozie7

Not to state the obvious but Miami had a +3 TO margin that certainly helped them immensely.

Not really...look closer. UF scored 7 points off our turnovers and Miami only scored 3 off those Florida TO. That was the difference.
Im
Not sure what difference that makes other than the fact is you were given 3 extra TOs.

Not really...look closer. UF scored 7 points off our turnovers and Miami only scored 3 off those Florida TO. That was the difference.
The unforced turnover on the 6 yard line was a huge momentum swing. We score a TD there its 14-3 and the game may have gone differently. +3 in turnover is huge.

Gator's should have won by 2-3 TD"s, but the miscues, turn-overs, and missed tackles almost doomed them. They were lucky to come away with a win, in a game that shouldn't have been close. But like you said, that's why they play the games.... :cool:

I do think that Miami wins a bunch of games this year. Good QB vs a weak SoS.
==========

Miami was supposed to have the best LB'ers in the nation, but maybe not....

Money LB Vosean Joseph 6-1 226 Jr -- Post 2018 E-D to NFL.
rsSr's R.Jackson & K.Johnson grad-xfers out.
-----
Money LB Ventrell Miller 6-0 222 rsSo replacement.
6 Tkls 4 Solo-2 Ast, 2 TFL/Sacks -16 yds, 1 PBU
He looks 'good-to-go' at Money LB to me.... ;)
Final minutes: "I was trying to get them boys out there turned up,'' Miller said.
"Let's win this game on defense." --- And they did.... :cool:

Gator Defense - 69 Tkls, 16 TFL, 10 Sacks, 5 QBH, 4 PBU, 2 FF, 1 FR, (20 Pts).

While in the other trenches, the Gator's new OL held up pretty good, only 1 Sack.
Perine 10 for 42 yds, 4.2 ypc on a day when running the ball was a slug fest.
Miami was keyed to stop the outside runs and did pretty good at it, except for the quick out pass to Toney anyway... :D

Last edited:
Gator's should have won by 2-3 TD"s, but the miscues, turn-overs, and missed tackles almost doomed them. They were lucky to come away with a win, in a game that shouldn't have been close. But like you said, that's why they play the games.... :cool:

I do think that Miami wins a bunch of games this year. Good QB vs a weak SoS.
==========

Miami was supposed to have the best LB'ers in the nation, but maybe not....

Money LB Vosean Joseph 6-1 226 Jr -- Post 2018 E-D to NFL.
rsSr's R.Jackson & K.Johnson grad-xfers out.
-----
Money LB Ventrell Miller 6-0 222 rsSo replacement.
6 Tkls 4 Solo-2 Ast, 2 TFL/Sacks -16 yds, 1 PBU
He looks 'good-to-go' at Money LB to me.... ;)
Final minutes: "I was trying to get them boys out there turned up,'' Miller said.
"Let's win this game on defense." --- And they did.... :cool:

Gator Defense - 69 Tkls, 16 TFL, 10 Sacks, 5 QBH, 4 PBU, 2 FF, 1 FR, (20 Pts).

While in the other trenches, the Gator's new OL held up pretty good, only 1 Sack.
Perine 10 for 42 yds, 4.2 ypc on a day when running the ball was a slug fest.
Miami was keyed to stop the outside runs and did pretty good at it, except for the quick out pass to Toney anyway... :D

You see it that way, I see...don't gift wrap a TD with a muffed punt at the 11 yard-line. Don't drop a TD in the corner of the end zone and then miss a chip-shot 27 yard field goal from a guy that didn't miss inside the 40 all of last year. Do any of 1 those 3 things and Miami is either up late in the game or at worst down 1 with a FG to win the game.:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Not quite sure why you say that. He actually ended up with a 151 QB rating which is not bad playing against a good defense and he accounted for 3 TDs.
Didn’t pass the eye test, and you know what I’m talking about
steve-spurrier.jpg

Last edited:
Didn’t pass the eye test, and you know what I’m talking about
steve-spurrier.jpg

His numbers were good to a degree, and he had some bright sports, this NOT being one of them. I also expect a bit more maturity out of him and less antics from an unproven qb. With Felipe, we can only hope. Nothing is a certain.

Not quite sure why you say that. He actually ended up with a 151 QB rating which is not bad playing against a good defense and he accounted for 3 TDs.
Actually, Frank’s play wasn’t even a concern for sadgator. What WAS a concern was that he kinda acted like an immature self-centered egomaniac. He’s gotta tone that stuff down and learn how to focus better. The dude gets WAY too emotional and bent out of shape during a game. If he can’t keep that stuff in check, he’ll never perform consistently well...and he’ll fall far short of maximizing his talent ceiling. sadgator honestly expected to see a much more composed leader on Saturday; it was certainly disconcerting and not a good omen of things to come. Dan needs to brush up on his psychology...

Last edited:
Rival consensus on how to beat UF:
Shut-down or limit the Gator's running game making FF try to beat you with his passing game.

IF the 'dink and dunk junk' is working,,, and IF the defense is shutting down the opponent's offense, then just keep on going and squeak out a win.... :cool:
(pretty much what happened last Sat. night imo)

Gator's new OL vs Miami's 2018 #4 in Nation Defense:

Gators only rushed for 1.8 ypc vs Mia, but gave up just 1 sack with 3 QBH's and had 2 penalties. Pretty darn good for the new OL in their 1st game at a neutral site. o_O

Gator alternate solution to the above?
Play Trask and go to the passing game even more.
Then change it up by running dual threat Jones and/or Toney at them occasionally.

"I try to be the best teammate I can be, I always put the team first." -- FF (mouth)
~ Struts and rolls shoulders. Shushes the fans. Punts the ball into the stands etc.~ (actions)
I see two things. Who you claim to be with your mouth, and who you show yourself to be with your actions. o_O

"I don’t need anybody’s approval," Franks said. "I’m myself, I’m my own person. At the end of the day, that’s what makes me who I am." --- Excellent. Because as a long time fan, I don't G-a-S what you think about what I say either. :cool: I was here long before you arrived, and I'll be here long after you and Ginger are gone, God willing.

Oh BTW Ginger, Mrs Trask and Mrs Jones might see things slightly differently that you do,,, jus-sayin....:rolleyes:
Note:
As to face to face comments Ginger, that's bully crap. The voting booth is private and anonymous in order to get honest opinions, instead of fear inspired sucking up.... But I do understand that some cowards will wrongly use the anonymous in order to spitefully attack others. As with other things, it's a trade off. 'Never fear unjust criticism, just reflect and be sure that it is unjust....'

3 T-O's including two 4th Qtr. Ints. are the obvious. Poor decisions with receivers running wide open at times was the less obvious. The offense (FF) left a lot of yards and points on the field. "He’s going to need to be better if they want to beat Georgia or LSU or Auburn even.” The saving grace is that the struggling defense still managed to put the game away at the end.
==========

On the missed tackles (ignoring the many very good tackles in the game).
At Practice; "Once your guys start hitting the ground, it's not the guy nearly as much the guy with the ball or the guy doing the tackling," Mullen said. "It's third party that all of a sudden a bunch of guys are hitting the guys and legs flying and guys getting rolled up from behind. That makes you nervous as a coach of protecting all these guys."

So Dan, doesn't it make some sense to concentrate on 1 on 1 tackling drills in practice, to prevent 3rd party inures, but still give the defenders some solid tackling practice. Line up the defenders to watch and give on the spot coaching corrections. You've got a long list of 'Athletes' on the roster to use for tackling drills.

(just another clueless homer fan's ramblings....cause if I knew anything of value, then I'd have that 3.5 Mil/Yr job) ;) -- :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT