ADVERTISEMENT

Florida - Miami matchup

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
Just curious what the thoughts are on this matchup even though its a long way to go.

My own view is we will have the better team but raw talent isn't going to be that much different between the 2 teams.

When all the transfers are in Miami probably will have close to a top 5 in the country level front 7 on defense.
------------

Here is a Miami fan's take on the game (matchups) - pretty crazy. I cleaned the language up some. Good for a laugh but I think Miami will be better than some people think they will be.

"Florida’s rbs are trash , wr core is meh , ol is a mess."

I live in Gainesville and know too much about them. Anyone that thinks their rbs are better than ours is smoking crack.

Qb . Both teams are suspect , Franks is trash. Their own fans hate him. Piglet schemed him to some decent stats.
Rb-UM
Wr - Tie
Te- haha, seriously ?
Ol- Both teams are suspect
DL- Miami
Lb - Miami
Cb- UF
S - Tie.

Reactions: UMjunky
Just curious what the thoughts are on this matchup even though its a long way to go.

My own view is we will have the better team but raw talent isn't going to be that much different between the 2 teams.

When all the transfers are in Miami probably will have close to a top 5 in the country level front 7 on defense.
------------

Here is a Miami fan's take on the game (matchups) - pretty crazy. I cleaned the language up some. Good for a laugh but I think Miami will be better than some people think they will be.

I live in Gainesville and know too much about them. Anyone that thinks their rbs are better than ours is smoking crack.

Qb . Both teams are suspect , Franks is trash. Their own fans hate him. Piglet schemed him to some decent stats.
Rb-UM
Wr - Tie
Te- haha, seriously ?
DL- Miami
Lb - Miami
Cb- UF
S - Tie.
Sounds like a Miami fan I work with. He bragged about Tate Martel being a 5 star QB. I asked him if he's so great, why did he run like a b**** when Justin Fields arrived at Crackumbus?

Their linebackers are terrible and extremely overrated. There’s a reason all of them came back...they had low draft grades. Their MLB especially doesn’t play well in space.

Reactions: mcanes

------------

Rb-UM
Wr - Tie
Te- haha, seriously ?
DL- Miami
Lb - Miami
Cb- UF
S - Tie.
You will beat them easily. Piglet?

Idk about easily. It’s a rivalry game and then the first game of the season. Teams usually aren’t playing their best ball then so it’s usually 50-50 assuming there isn’t some huge talent gap, and there isn’t here.

Matchups are way more important. Their DL is the only thing that can keep the game close. If you can turn out an OL as serviceable as last season you will wear them out. Your WRs all day over their DBs and your depth at DB may be an issue. However your front 7 will overrun their OL taking pressure off your young backup DBs when they are in.

QBs are the only comparable position groups worth looking at and they would take a Mullen coached Franks over anything they have right now.

Reactions: oozie7 and mcanes
If the Gators arrive healthy in Orlando, the scUM will be burnt toast when the fat lady sings.

QB's - UF
WR's - UF by a mile
RB's - UF by a 1/2 mile
TE's - Including Pitts - UF
OL - We'll see?

DT - We'll see?
DE/Buck - UF
LB's - UF
CB-Nic - UF by a mile
S's - We'll see?

Sad -- dazed and confused as always... :D

Every objective measurable factor will point to Florida winning this game...and then...

sapp-irvin.gif

Tellin’ ya...be ready...

Every objective measurable factor will point to Florida winning this game...and then...
sapp-irvin.gif

Tellin’ ya...be ready...

If those 2 could still suit up, then that might give the current scUM thugs a shot at a win...:cool:
Otherwise, someone is Sad-ly stuck in the past... :confused:

Unless martell makes a huge difference, why are they so confident? They didn’t improve that much in recruiting. What was their biggest win? Coming back from 3 score down over a garbage f$u team that fluked our 3 of their wins? I mean, don’t get me wrong. That was one of the best things that happened in college football history, along with any painful loss for f$u, but I saw them play a few times last year and they seemed like a middle of the pack acc team. Why the optimism?

Unless martell makes a huge difference, why are they so confident? They didn’t improve that much in recruiting. What was their biggest win? Coming back from 3 score down over a garbage f$u team that fluked our 3 of their wins? I mean, don’t get me wrong. That was one of the best things that happened in college football history, along with any painful loss for f$u, but I saw them play a few times last year and they seemed like a middle of the pack acc team. Why the optimism?

It is so funny how everybody just assumes this game outcome depends on objective measurables...it’s like nobody can acknowledge what has occurred literally every single time we have played these dudes over the past twenty years...

Better offense; Check
Better defense; Check
Better Special Teams; Check
Better coach; Check
Better game plan; Check
More fans; Check
More to play for; Check

The ball is kicked off...aaaaand...

https://media.giphy.com/media/RK9EB8QbKT3P44Y1EK/giphy.gif

Just no way in the world we should be playing these M-Fer’s...

Last edited:
They’ll win. And everybody’ll freak out and be shocked, which they shouldn’t be.

I don't believe that but their front 7 may be good enough to give us some fits if we can't impose our running game on them. I like our receivers against their DBs but the O line has to protect and Franks isn't the best at the passing game down the field.

Their O line has issues it appears.

It is so funny how everybody just assumes this game outcome depends on objective measurables...it’s like nobody can acknowledge what has occurred literally every single time we have played these dudes over the past twenty years...

Better offense; Check
Better defense; Check
Better coach; Check
Better game plan; Check
More fans; Check
More to play for; Check

Has Miami actually beat us a lot as the underdog by more than a field goal? They had some pretty good teams since 1983 and we weren't that good in that Driskel game though I don't know what that line was.

I think Spurrier just lost to them that one time they played and they were a good team that year. They did beat us pretty good however.

It looks like we were about a 3 pt. favorite in that Driskel loss and in the last quarter of that game he Driskeled the worst he ever did I think which is hard to do.

Last edited:

Better offense; Check
Better defense; Check
Better coach; Check
Better game plan; Check
More fans; Check
More to play for; Check

Just plain WRONG Sad, and FoS to go with it.
I've already posted the results the last time that Dan was running UF's offense 11 years ago, but you choose to ignore it. 2008 UF 26 - 3 scUM thugs. o_O

15 Minutes of the 2008 Game's highlights to refresh your memory... :rolleyes:

If the Gators arrive healthy in Orlando, the scUM will be burnt toast when the fat lady sings.

QB's - UF
WR's - UF by a mile
RB's - UF by a 1/2 mile
OL - We'll see?

DT - We'll see?
DE/Buck - UF
LB's - UF
CB-Nic - UF by a mile
S's - We'll see?

tenor.gif

Dude I know it's your schtick but we've played them like 3 times in the last 2 decades.

------------

Rb-UM
Wr - Tie
Te- haha, seriously ?
DL- Miami
Lb - Miami
Cb- UF
S - Tie.

Mississippi State had a stout defensive line last year and Mullen's game plan handled that pretty well. A good coach makes a difference.

Hey look, sadgator will totally acknowledge the win in 2008...sadgator was front and center on the 50 with the best seats he’s ever had for a gator game that night. It was glorious. But it was the exception to the rule...and it wasn’t nearly as much of an ass kicking as it should have been.

It is the story with those guys. They just give us fits. And if they refuse to bring the canoe, there is just no way we should be playing them. sadgator is not bullshitting. He honestly does not believe we should ever agree to play them again. 2013 scarred sadgator for life. It was the worst game attendance experience in his entire sports watching existence (and that includes UT ‘92 and Auburn ‘89).

Reactions: nail1988
They are thieves, punks, and dishonest scoundrels. They are a dishonorable, low life, good for nothing institution...

And it lowers our brand to even associate with them....STRICKLIN ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT AGREE TO PLAY THEM...

...but if they want to bring our canoe back out of hiding and put it up for grabs again...well, then we’ll talk....

Simple.

For 23 years of marriage (and two years of dating before that), sadgator had hoped, wished, and prayed to see mrs.
sadgator on top of another woman. Never did sadgator imagine that when that fateful day would arrive in 2013, that dainty little mrs. sadgator would be attempting to punch the other girl in the face....

(Keep in mind that after 20+ years of gator lunacy from sadgator, mrs. sadgator doesn’t even give a shit about who wins or loses...)

That is what Miami does. They suck the soul out of our dreams.

August 24, 2019 isn’t going to be a good day for any of us.

Has Miami actually beat us a lot as the underdog by more than a field goal? They had some pretty good teams since 1983 and we weren't that good in that Driskel game though I don't know what that line was.

I think Spurrier just lost to them that one time they played and they were a good team that year. They did beat us pretty good however.

It looks like we were about a 3 pt. favorite in that Driskel loss and in the last quarter of that game he Driskeled the worst he ever did I think which is hard to do.

The worst he ever driskelled was against mizzou on homecoming in muschamps last year. Thats the worst qb performance I’ve ever seen. But Miami the year before was pretty bad. Didn’t he break his leg in that game?

------------

Rb-UM
Wr - Tie
Te- haha, seriously ?
DL- Miami
Lb - Miami
Cb- UF
S - Tie.

In the Miami Spring game, the fans chanted "overrated" at Martell. He was that bad. Right now the guy running 1st string has one career pass and one career run.

Brand new coach with a brand new QB on a pretty dysfunctional team.

Laugh in your Miami buddy's face. We are going to CRUSH them.

The worst he ever driskelled was against mizzou on homecoming in muschamps last year. Thats the worst qb performance I’ve ever seen. But Miami the year before was pretty bad. Didn’t he break his leg in that game?

The leg was against Tenn I think.

Maybe the whole game but I will put the last 8 minutes or so of that Miami game up there with any Driskeling he ever did. Just like that 2012 Georgia game he was doing crazy mess that the interception stats alone didn't catch. A lot of people forget all the crazy crap Driskel did in that 2012 Georgia game also due to the ending of it.

The leg was against Tenn I think.

Maybe the whole game but I will put the last 8 minutes or so of that Miami game up there with any Driskeling he ever did. Just like that 2012 Georgia game he was doing crazy mess that the interception stats alone didn't catch. A lot of people forget all the crazy crap Driskel did in that 2012 Georgia game also due to the ending of it.
Yeah. I remember some crazy floating pass he shouldn’t have thrown. I haven’t watched that game since it happened but didn’t he fumble a bunch of times and just make a lot of bad decisions? It’s funny, but when people talk about Franks not being able to read defenses or making bad decisions, at least he clearly learned a lot last year. Driskel seemed to get worse at all that stuff the more we played him. Then if you gave him he ball on a read option he ran that just about as well as I’ve ever seen it done. Glad he got to find success after he left and get a shot at the league

Not gonna sit here and say either team is going to win. We have major issues with an almost brand new OL going into their first ever game against what should be UM's major strength, their DL. That said, they have a 1st year new head coach and they are utter and complete garbage on the offensive side of the ball. If I could predict anything right now, it's that both defenses are going to have a field day, most people will get bored with watching the offenses go backwards and neither team will score more than 20 unless defensive scores count big.

We just will not be able to get the ball out quick enough behind a brand new OL and Franks' major weakness is the fact that he is not fast. He cannot snap the ball and make that quick decision on where to go with it. The pressure will get to him. Same problem that Jeff Driscoll had, just that the game is too fast for him. All the talent and athleticism is there, the brain just doesn't process at the speed it needs to to make an offense work in the time allowed. With a hungry UM defense and an OL that I cannot imagine even on it's best possible outcome giving Franks much protection on the day, it's gonna be rough. The only thing making me feel ok about it is our defense will be doing even worse to their crapstain offense and if we turn the ball over 3 times for a score or two, I expect their offense to turn the ball over 6 or 7 times for twice as many scores.

You all saw what pitiful Wisconsin did to them in the bowl game. It was an outright crime against children.

I would expect this game to turn out like the one against us. It’ll start slow, their DL will contain your running game which will negatively affect your passing game. Mullen makes a tweak and then it gets ugly once he figures out the blocking adjustments to make.

QB's - UF
WR's - UF by a mile
RB's - UF by a 1/2 mile
OL - We'll see?

DT - We'll see?
DE/Buck - UF
LB's - UF
CB-Nic - UF by a mile
S's - We'll see?

OK.o_Oo_Oo_O

In the Miami Spring game, the fans chanted "overrated" at Martell. He was that bad. Right now the guy running 1st string has one career pass and one career run.

Brand new coach with a brand new QB on a pretty dysfunctional team.

Laugh in your Miami buddy's face. We are going to CRUSH them.

At least get your facts right...that was not the UM Spring game it was the 2nd spring scrimmage. Next it was basically one fan saying "overrated" I was there. Lastly the QB spot is wide open between the 3 guys, that said anything will be a vast improvement over where we have been with Rosier and the crappy QB coaching and offense we were running. Offense will be MUCH improved with Dan Enos at the wheel. Easily the most important "recruit" the Canes landed.

Reactions: Uswagpak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT