ADVERTISEMENT

Florida - Miami matchup

Like I said I know who to look up to eat some crow out here come 8/24. ;)

Have a nice summer boys.

You'll just be yet another scUM thug that goes back to hiding in the shadows at south-bitch after taking your Aug. spankin'. o_O

So, you'll be eatin' chicken-chit instead of crow. Crow is for those that actually stand behind their false/foolish claims. :cool:

Dreaming about beating the Gators ain't that big of a dream in fact its happened 7 of the last 8 times we have played you guys. :);)

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Look, you guys are a pig. I see you trying to makeup on the pig, but still a pig. And we are having pork.

Dreaming about beating the Gators ain't that big of a dream in fact its happened 7 of the last 8 times we have played you guys. :);)

Winky faces aside, that would mean something if we played eachother 8 times in the last 10-12 years.

The scUM thugs have been very fortunate in when they played the Gator.

However, the important piece of information concerning Aug 24th is this. .
The scUM are 0-1 vs Dan Mullen when he's running the offense.
(2008 UF 26 - 3 scUM) o_O

Franks stats:

When playing teams .500 or better (Missouri, Georgia, Michigan, LSU, MSU, Kentucky, South Carolina)

101 of 183, 55.2% completions, 1,135 yards, 6.2 yards per pass, 6 TD 4 Int, Rating 75.74

When playing teams under .500 or lower division teams

87 of 139, 62.6% completions , 1,322 yards, 9.5 yards per pass, 18 TD 2 Int, Rating 127.45
------------------------

If these numbers are true and the totals seem to be correct that is a stark contrast and much more of a difference than most QBs when comparing playing better teams to weaker teams/lower division teams. They were posted by a Miami fan.

Hopefully Mullen has him ready for game one.

So is Miami a >.500 or <.500 team this year?

Probably over .500 in that division.They think if they can slow our running game down they can win because Franks isn't that good. Their O line is pretty bad however so they may be in for a long day.

Franks stats:

------------------------

If these numbers are true and the totals seem to be correct that is a stark contrast and much more of a difference than most QBs when comparing playing better teams to weaker teams/lower division teams. They were posted by a Miami fan.

Hopefully Mullen has him ready for game one.

Keep in mind that was an average for the entire season. One thing that the Uga/Missou games showed was that once the DBs crept to the LOS, Franks wasn't able to throw the 15+ throws consistently. That changed a fair amount the last 4-5 games of the year as he started to run more.

Will Franks continue that trend or was he just playing sub par competition. It could a bit of both but it's a legit question because the added running of Franks helps to keep the DBs back off the LOS.

If Franks continues to run the average from last year won't matter as much as the last 4-5 games' stats.

Keep in mind that was an average for the entire season. One thing that the Uga/Missou games showed was that once the DBs crept to the LOS, Franks wasn't able to throw the 15+ throws consistently. That changed a fair amount the last 4-5 games of the year as he started to run more.

Will Franks continue that trend or was he just playing sub par competition. It could a bit of both but it's a legit question because the added running of Franks helps to keep the DBs back off the LOS.

If Franks continues to run the average from last year won't matter as much as the last 4-5 games' stats.

Franks running definitely helped. I think this team will go as the running game (which includes Franks) goes just like last season. I just don't see Franks carrying this team if a defense is mostly shutting our running game down. Miami we could still beat with their offense probably being pedestrian I would think.

Miami is totally gonna win this game...there’s absolutely no doubt in sadgator’s mind...

And everybody’s gonna overreact and freak out...”OMG, How could this happen?!?!?”

‘Cause it’s freakin’ Miami, that’s why... plain and simple.

It's funny how Franks improved dramatically last year - and every player that played last year coming back to college football plans to get better this year.

However Franks is in fact the only guy that can't somehow improve himself this coming year. It's like he improved all thru last season, dominating the last 4-5 games...BUT THAT'S IT. He's hit the ceiling lol. In fact he probably should regress somehow, in his 2nd year under Mullen, under Mullen, under Mullen. Yeah - he'll be worse.

Weird logic.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Franks - 2,457 yds, 24 TD's, 6 Ints.
Rushing - 350 yds, 7 TD's, 1 LPF
For 31 TD's to 7 T-O's.

GBO, he'll prolly fall back because BillyG has no experience, no talent WR's... :confused:

It's funny how Franks improved dramatically last year - and every player that played last year coming back to college football plans to get better this year.

However Franks is in fact the only guy that can't somehow improve himself this coming year. It's like he improved all thru last season, dominating the last 4-5 games...BUT THAT'S IT. He's hit the ceiling lol. In fact he probably should regress somehow, in his 2nd year under Mullen, under Mullen, under Mullen. Yeah - he'll be worse.

Weird logic.

He didn't have good overall numbers last year passing against the decent opponents even after Missouri. His legs started helping out more however. We will be like last year and wins or losses will be determined mostly by our running game. I think except for that Georgia loss where we ran some but not that good we didn't run good at all in the other losses. He can get better but I don't expect any huge improvement in his passing.

Franks passing is way better than Jones right now, as is his knowledge of the Off.
If passing game is needed, then 70+% Trask is the answer, not Jones.
JMOHO, but Toney would also be better as a wildcat than today's Jones.

Emory is going to have to work his butt off between now and the next season or two, just to stay ahead of Richardson. He'll get his fair shot at the job, but it will be down the road a ways. JMOHO's and he might just surprise me before it's all over.

Franks passing is way better than Jones right now, as is his knowledge of the Off.
If passing game is needed, then 70+% Trask is the answer, not Jones.
JMOHO, but Toney would also be better as a wildcat than today's Jones.

Emory is going to have to work his butt off between now and the next season or two, just to stay ahead of Richardson. He'll get his fair shot at the job, but it will be down the road a ways. JMOHO's and he might just surprise me before it's all over.

He has to keep working but I am convinced he would pass Franks ability easily once he got some games under his belt.

He has to keep working but I am convinced he would pass Franks ability easily once he got some games under his belt.

And how many losses are you willing to sustain in order to see if game experience can make up for all of his apparent 'current' deficiencies??? o_O

The formula has not changed. :cool:
"Which QB gives the TEAM the best chance to win today."

And how many losses are you willing to sustain in order to see if game experience can make up for all of his apparent 'current' deficiencies??? o_O

The formula has not changed. :cool:
"Which QB gives the TEAM the best chance to win today."

What would it take for you to think the coaches should give Jones a chance? A loss to what teams if Franks wasn't producing in the loss?

He didn't have good overall numbers last year passing against the decent opponents even after Missouri. His legs started helping out more however. We will be like last year and wins or losses will be determined mostly by our running game. I think except for that Georgia loss where we ran some but not that good we didn't run good at all in the other losses. He can get better but I don't expect any huge improvement in his passing.

Where do you think his numbers should have been? TD-Int ratio was outstanding, completion percentage was up 4-5% I believe and that included a LOT more smart-throw away balls he didn't make in 17, yardage was up and he moved the chains pretty consistent.

Just asking - where would his numbers need to be this year to be "good overall"? Just looking for your standard.

Where do you think his numbers should have been? TD-Int ratio was outstanding, completion percentage was up 4-5% I believe and that included a LOT more smart-throw away balls he didn't make in 17, yardage was up and he moved the chains pretty consistent.

Just asking - where would his numbers need to be this year to be "good overall"? Just looking for your standard.

But most of those TDs were against the easy opponents and Mullen was purposely trying to build his confidence starving the RBs of TDs they would normally get against a couple of those lesser over-matched teams.

101 of 183, 55.2% completions, 1,135 yards, 6.2 yards per pass, 6 TD 4 Int, Rating 75.74

They need to be better than that against the teams that are decent. He got 18 of his passing TDs and only 2 picks against the easier teams (Charleston Southern, Idaho, Colorado State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and the Clowns)

What would it take for you to think the coaches should give Jones a chance? A loss to what teams if Franks wasn't producing in the loss?

Jones would need to perform in practice the week of the game, to a level that puts him above both Franks and Trask. That's how it's decided with Mullen. (imo, McLame is gone because he decided another way)

Unlike many coaches, I'd have no problem with pulling any QB that's under-performing, at any time, in any game. The way Spurrier did it. o_O -- Steve always played to WIN, not caring which QB was getting the job done. Same for me.

Right now,,,, Trask is the next best QB behind Franks, so he would go in before Jones.
Then if Trask couldn't handle it, then Jones or Toney would get a shot at the job, and so on down the line. Right now, they have a rsFr that went 30-5 (12-1 as a Sr) as the starting QB-dt. I'm not above giving him a chance,,, IF he can out preform the others.

But most of those TDs were against the easy opponents and Mullen was purposely trying to build his confidence starving the RBs of TDs they would normally get against a couple of those lesser over-matched teams.

They need to be better than that against the teams that are decent. He got 18 of his passing TDs and only 2 picks against the easier teams (Charleston Southern, Idaho, Colorado State, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and the Clowns)

i don't necessarily disagree just checking to see where you want his season stats to be to be considered "good".

Jones would need to perform in practice the week of the game, to a level that puts him above both Franks and Trask. That's how it's decided with Mullen. (imo, McLame is gone because he decided another way)

So that is why Mullen yanked him in-game last season that time because he just goes by practice.

How many QB’s could you say this about though? Take away the easy opponents from any QB’s and their numbers suffer. In 2017 he wasn’t even good against bad opponents. He was stating from ground zero in his development after Mac and Nuss. First step is fine tuning mechanics and learning the offense. Next step is learning how to actually play the position. Last year he progressed to at least being competent against bad teams. Now this year he needs to be good against the better teams too. People making more of this than it is. Go look at Tebow’s stats against ranked teams in 2007, not that great outside of his rushing either. It takes time for all but a few elite QB’s.

How many QB’s could you say this about though? Take away the easy opponents from any QB’s and their numbers suffer. In 2017 he wasn’t even good against bad opponents. He was stating from ground zero in his development after Mac and Nuss. First step is fine tuning mechanics and learning the offense. Next step is learning how to actually play the position. Last year he progressed to at least being competent against bad teams. Now this year he needs to be good against the better teams too. People making more of this than it is. Go look at Tebow’s stats against ranked teams in 2007, not that great outside of his rushing either. It takes time for all but a few elite QB’s.

There will be difference but I think it will be hard to find ones with a difference like that where the team was a final top 25 team. I could see lesser team QBs having a real large difference like that when they play the better teams however.

Don't get me wrong he was night and day from 2017 where he was a turnover machine.

I think Tebow may have had his best passing numbers against SEC teams in 2007 I think and his passing numbers blew Franks away against the better teams I believe in most games that year.

So that is why Mullen yanked him in-game last season that time because he just goes by practice.

Now you're starting to drivel out stu-pid,,, while losing the train of thought.. :confused:
Mullen started Franks because he won the job under Dan's standards during the practices the week of that game, whatever standards they use.

Then he pulled Franks during the game because he was under-performing IN THAT GAME.

The following weeks practice would have decided which (Franks or Trask) started the game the next week, not the results of the previous game. Trask's foot injury during practice that next week ended the question of starter.

Are you unable to understand that process, or are you just be purposefully obstinate?

Now you're starting to drivel out stu-pid,,, while losing the train of thought.. :confused:
Mullen started Franks because he won the job under Dan's standards during the practices the week of that game, whatever standards they use.

Then he pulled Franks during the game because he was under-performing IN THAT GAME.

The following weeks practice would have decided which (Franks or Trask) started the game the next week, not the results of the previous game. Trask's foot injury during practice that next week ended the question of starter.

Are you unable to understand that process, or are you just be purposefully obstinate?

So Franks could never lose his starting job under Mullen as long as he practiced the best of the QBs that next week?

So you are saying Mullen would leave Franks the starter if we were upset by Miami as long as Franks looked the best the next week in practice? How about a loss to mediocre Miami and then a loss to KY also?

o_O

Last edited:
So Franks could never lose his starting job under Mullen as long as he practiced the best of the QBs that next week?

So you are saying Mullen would leave Franks the starter if we were upset by Miami as long as Franks looked the best the next week in practice? How about a loss to mediocre Miami and then a loss to KY also?

Now you're just be intentionally stupid. (or I'm beginning to believe that you are this stupid) :confused:

I've told you how Mullen has SAID that he chooses the starters (at every position) for the games. o_O

IF you don't like how HE DOES THINGS, then take it up with him, as I have no say in his procedures... :cool:

Miami is totally gonna win this game...there’s absolutely no doubt in sadgator’s mind...

And everybody’s gonna overreact and freak out...”OMG, How could this happen?!?!?”

‘Cause it’s freakin’ Miami, that’s why... plain and simple.

Miami is a huge pile of suck that will not go to a bowl game. Wait and see.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Now you're just be intentionally stupid. (or I'm beginning to believe that you are this stupid) :confused:

I've told you how Mullen has SAID that he chooses the starters (at every position) for the games. o_O

IF you don't like how HE DOES THINGS, then take it up with him, as I have no say in his procedures... :cool:

Crazy how Prescott just happened to be the best in practices at MSU just after that one QB had to leave the game the week before and stayed the best in practice week from then on after being beat out in practice by that same QB all the time prior to that.

Those are two different things though. Prescott was more talented than the guy in front of him but he wasn't ready and needed time. Just like Emory might end up being better than Franks but he needs time. Emory has even admitted he wasn't anywhere close to being ready like he thought he would be. Mullen isn't just playing a worse QB just because. Even if Emory ends up being better long-term it doesn't mean he's better now, players develop at different rates.

Look the fact is, you guys are all arguing over our offense here, and it stands without question that whatever issues we have, their offense is 10 times worse. If they score at all in this game non-defensively I will be surprised. Their offense is so bad they don't know which direction to face half the time they line up. Their offense is so bad, some of their players should have gone and signed with Tennessee. If we can't start off with a win over a team that is in the place that Miami is, we have serious issues for this year considering the rest of our schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT