ADVERTISEMENT

Zap

Well...every time somebody demands you say Merry Christmas rather than Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings or whatnot, I kinda feel like people are being forced to celebrate Christmas.

In all of my years on planet earth, I've never witnessed someone who was forced to say Merry Christmas or to celebrate Christmas.

Were they "forcibly" exposed to it? I guess one could make that argument...just as they are "forcibly" exposed to pride week.

So, in other words, the exact stance that I referred to in the post that you responded to.

I know who Frank Boas is, but I didn't really follow the reference. Explain.
Not sure who Frank Boas is, but Franz Boas is dead so it would be was 😉

And if you understand cultural relativism versus western ethnocentrism then it’s perfectly clear.

But if you prefer an explanation of cultural relativism and ethnocentrism in this case would be that of course Christians think their religion is peaceful and Islam is not and I can assure you that most Islamic people think Christianity is a violent religion and there is not hence the explanation about it.

And the truth lies somewhere in between for both.

And if you understand cultural relativism versus western ethnocentrism then it’s perfectly clear.

But if you prefer an explanation of cultural relativism and ethnocentrism in this case would be that of course Christians think their religion is peaceful and Islam is not and I can assure you that most Islamic people think Christianity is a violent religion and there is not hence the explanation about it.

Knew he was dead. Why do you always do this?

One religion quite literally instructs you to kill the infidel. Christ does no such thing. Ill save you time, the old testament similarly instructs violence...but it also instructs us on how to offer sacrifices which was no longer required, or even desired, after Christ so save yourself some time there.

If in this discussion you feel the need to correct grammer, when yours also often suffers, or to pretend that you are the only guy who has ever opened a book, because you wish to prove to everyone that you are the smartiest, then let's not bother.

Reactions: martycat1
Btw...any chance Franz became Frank by autocorrect? Shall I start pointing out all of your speak to type fails? Would that help with the discussion? Or would it just make me look like a guy who likes to ridicule others to make himself feel superior?

Knew he was dead. Why do you always do this?

One religion quite literally instructs you to kill the infidel. Christ does no such thing. Ill save you time, the old testament similarly instructs violence...but it also instructs us on how to offer sacrifices which was no longer required, or even desired, after Christ so save yourself some time there.

If in this discussion you feel the need to correct grammer, when yours also often suffers, or to pretend that you are the only guy who has ever opened a book, because you wish to prove to everyone that you are the smartiest, then let's not bother.
Nah
I just enjoy messing with you guys.
Y’all are so serious, it’s fun to get y’all riled up.
Generally I agree with y’all.
Don’t get defensive.
As for this topic you are viewing it from a western ethnocentric point of you but I do understand where you’re coming from even if I do not fully agree with you.

Reactions: BSC911
Btw...any chance Franz became Frank by autocorrect? Shall I start pointing out all of your speak to type fails? Would that help with the discussion? Or would it just make me look like a guy who likes to ridicule others to make himself feel superior?
Sure
My auto correct mistakes amuse me because I don’t take myself too seriously 😉

I just enjoy messing with you guys.
Y’all are so serious, it’s fun to get y’all riled up.

I don't believe that. If you would like to have a respectful conversation with me, maybe you should start by offering some.

As for this topic you are viewing it from a western ethnocentric point of you but I do understand where you’re coming from even if I do not fully agree with you.

No...I'm reading the literal teachings of two religions. One advocates violence towards those who will not convert. Christ advocated for no such thing. That's not a cultural slant. It's literal and word for word.

Sure
My auto correct mistakes amuse me because I don’t take myself too seriously 😉

I personally think you are FOS. I understand the tactic. I believe it's purposeful. I'm fine if you use it but it's not going to work with me.

You do you, I'll do me.

I don't believe that. If you would like to have a respectful conversation with me, maybe you should start by offering some.

No...I'm reading the literal teachings of two religions. One advocates violence towards those who will not convert. Christ advocated for no such thing. That's not a cultural slant. It's literal and word for word.
Yeah but clearly on this topic we are not going to agree on it so not a lot of point in having a conversation which is why I prefer just to mess with you guys in these threads instead.

And I’m sorry that you have chosen to take it the way you have.

I personally think you are FOS. I understand the tactic. I believe it's purposeful. I'm fine if you use it but it's not going to work with me.

You do you, I'll do me.
Again I can’t tell you how sorry I am that you’ve chosen to take it that way. 😉😊

Threads be disappearing left and right.

@BamaFan1137 Google Cultural relativism and Franz Boas
I have been suspecting that anything negative about justice department and/or FBI will be quietly zapped even tho the content may be opinion and/or based upon truth. This is a brave new Orwellian world we live in. I always thought this type of world was fantasy/fiction and not possible in real life but here it is..

Reactions: gator1776
“.
?

No...I'm reading the literal teachings” of two religions. One advocates violence towards those who will not convert. Christ advocated for no such thing. That's not a cultural slant. It's literal and word for word.
I have a feeling you have never read the Quran, but rather just some selective passages made to make it look bad. Amirite. No different than those that use selective passages from the bible to make Christians and Jews look bad. Both books, written by humans, should be read in their entirety to get the full message.

BTW, I know many Muslims, none of which feel the need to kill nonbelievers. There is a passage which states, There is no compulsion in religion.

Reactions: gator1776

Are you concerned about what type of world we will be living in if the "Holy Spirit" is removed or disappears?

I have a feeling you have never read the Quran, but rather just some selective passages made to make it look bad. Amirite. No different than those that use selective passages from the bible to make Christians and Jews look bad. Both books, written by humans, should be read in their entirety to get the full message.

BTW, I know many Muslims, none of which feel the need to kill nonbelievers. There is a passage which states, There is no compulsion in religion.

Neither you nor I have read the Quran cover to cover...don't pretend otherwise.

The prophet Muhammad plainly states what I have stated. The son of God, Jesus Christ, plainly stated otherwise. Make of that what you will.

I know many Muslims as well. I never attacked or said anything about individual Muslims. I have spoken with many that reject violence...so let's not spin my words for the sake of whatever the hell you're doing here.

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
In here, absolutely, but I cannot control how you respond or interpret them, that’s on you, only you can control that.

1776, you do what you do and you do it on purpose. You are not the first guy I've come across that does it. When confronted you all react the way you're reacting right now. Ironically it's your own complex, haha.

I'm certain that it usually works for you. But I've seen you get pissy with others when they do it with you. Just stop, or don’t, I really don't care but you shouldn't get upset or blame others for the way they take it WHEN YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE.

Reactions: jfegaly
Neither you nor I have read the Quran cover to cover...don't pretend otherwise.

The prophet Muhammad plainly states what I have stated. The son of God, Jesus Christ, plainly stated otherwise. Make of that what you will.

I know many Muslims as well. I never attacked or said anything about individual Muslims. I have spoken with many that reject violence...so let's not spin my words for the sake of whatever the hell you're doing here.
Actually I have. A little project of mine. Plus my DIL is a former Muslim so I promise you I know more about the religion than you.

PS. The prophet Mohammed did not write the Quran.

1776, you do what you do and you do it on purpose. You are not the first guy I've come across that does it. When confronted you all react the way you're reacting right now. Ironically it's your own complex, haha.

I'm certain that it usually works for you. But I've seen you get pissy with others when they do it with you. Just stop, or don’t, I really don't care but you shouldn't get upset or blame others for the way they take it WHEN YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE.
Okiedokie 😊

Actually I have. A little project of mine. Plus my DIL is a former Muslim so I promise you I know more about the religion than you.

That’s funny the profit Jesus did not write the gospel. Interesting isn’t it

😘

She said you were both cuck sissy boys that only had twig and berry interests
It’s strangely enough bigger than anything she’s encountered in years she said.

lol

I await your next come back 🤣

It’s strangely enough bigger than anything she’s encountered in years she said.

lol

I await your next come back 🤣

She just said you were a cute couple, and in her opinion BS Cuck was the male in your relationship. I was very surprised to hear that part. She agreed with you that your mangina was yuge though.

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
She just said you were a cute couple, and in her opinion BS Cuck was the male in your relationship. I was very surprised to hear that part. She agreed with you that your mangina was yuge though.
Eh
2.4/10

PS the prophet Muhammad was illiterate so he could not possibly have written the Quran. Does that change anything I said? Of course it doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT