ADVERTISEMENT

Your morning paper on Grier

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Wondering how some of the other Florida papers handled the story. I'm in Tampa and get the Tampa Tribune and the Times. Both had it front page with the Times having an article. They both had their main sprts writer pen an article. First the Tribune's Martin Fennelly said he believed that Grier knew he was tqking a banned substance and had no excuse. Fennelly IMO is an ass. When Treon was accused of sexual assault he said he shld be kicked off the team for good. Before a trial and that was pure witch hunt logic. The Times had Tom Jones write an article. He said Grier was wrong but after hearing him you uad to feel for the kid.

Both basically made it like we have no chance vs. LSU now.

Wondering how some of the other Florida papers handled the story. I'm in Tampa and get the Tampa Tribune and the Times. Both had it front page with the Times having an article. They both had their main sprts writer pen an article. First the Tribune's Martin Fennelly said he believed that Grier knew he was tqking a banned substance and had no excuse. Fennelly IMO is an ass. When Treon was accused of sexual assault he said he shld be kicked off the team for good. Before a trial and that was pure witch hunt logic. The Times had Tom Jones write an article. He said Grier was wrong but after hearing him you uad to feel for the kid.

Both basically made it like we have no chance vs. LSU now.

Witch hunt logic, indeed.

I've had mixed feelings on Fennelly for years. I generally agree with your assessment of his being an ass; he's often overly negative, and almost always very sarcastic. He's frequently offended/angered fans of all of the State's teams.
He's also a very talented writer, having penned some of the better stories that have been in the sports page over the last 10+ years.

Last edited:
First the Tribune's Martin Fennelly said he believed that Grier knew he was tqking a banned substance and had no excuse.

Well, he's playing a major sport that tests for PEDs and he's taking a supplement to enhance his performance. Even a college aged athlete should know he needs to verify every ingredient. Either he was intentionally cheating or he's not very smart.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
I have to agree these players know that anytime they take any type of supplement they have to get them cleared by the Coaching Staff first. This is on Grier and I hope this is a learning curve for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT