ADVERTISEMENT

You know...

He reminded them they haven’t won a title in a very long time. That would definitely cause most stable fans to get very angry and invade a board.

He reminded them they haven’t won a title in a very long time. That would definitely cause most stable fans to get very angry and invade a board.
Y’all get a little unstable when we remind you that Kirby has owned Mullen o_O

At least if you’re gonna make comparisons at least make them be the same. Us being ‘unstable’ would be us on your board, daily, complaining about your opinion of Mullen or invading the board starting troll threads when something happens in your program all because we don’t like your opinion. That’s what y’all are doing here. Lemme know when that starts happening.

As of now y’all get posters here giving you hell because y’all have invaded the board with the majority acting like psychos. “How dare he troll us! I’m pissed and I’m gonna let them know about it!” Completely weird.

It’s two games, dude! And only one at UF and you were heavily favored! Yeah, you won, but it’s two games! It’s not like how we’ve owned Tennessee recently

At least if you’re gonna make comparisons at least make them be the same. Us being ‘unstable’ would be us on your board, daily, complaining about your opinion of Mullen or invading the board starting troll threads when something happens in your program all because we don’t like your opinion. That’s what y’all are doing here. Lemme know when that starts happening.

As of now y’all get posters here giving you hell because y’all have invaded the board with the majority acting like psychos. “How dare he troll us! I’m pissed and I’m gonna let them know about it!” Completely weird.
Is there any wonder sports talk radio would bring any troll job up when they react so over the top and emotionally? If I could corner the market with ratings and draw phone calls to my show getting the attention of these Maury Povich guests in May I’d bring the topic up every half hour.

That's because y'all have more faith in Mullen than they do in Kirbs.

Always go with actions over words.

Honestly, if I want to read stuff like this I'll just check twitter. I'll just stick to checking the premium board for now, although this one used to be better in my opinion.
Twitter has reasonable, multi-paragraph takes now? News to me. My response was an explanation of why UGA fans came here, certainly nothing to be upset about.

Anything you wish to refute?

Sounds like you simply want sunshine pumping about how great things are going for UF. I’m sure that can be found somewhere or you could simply read INSTA Gator posts. I’ve never seen a bigger homer.

Last edited:
All fair points, but what is this "turmoil" you speak of that is going to sink our program? We lost a 4th string QB a good but very soft CB and some dudes in the recruiting class 2 years away. Oh and a special teamer in Edwards.

Some of the main shit talkers from a while back are Jax, Iraq, and Hound Dog Numbers. Jax and Iraq are usually fair, hound doggie numbers is a number nutz loser.
Just observations from the outside. You would know better but your explanation were pure rationalizations/best case scenario for UF fans. You may be right, I don’t know.

The turmoil would be the mass transfers, losing recruits and bad publicity. I do agree that 2021 is way too early to matter but losing so many shows there is indeed a problem or at least a perceived problem.

Just observations from the outside. You would know better but your explanation were pure rationalizations/best case scenario for UF fans. You may be right, I don’t know.

The turmoil would be the mass transfers, losing recruits and bad publicity. I do agree that 2021 is way too early to matter but losing so many shows there is indeed a problem or at least a perceived problem.
Nobody has transferred since those two. Two more commits for the 2020 class committed since this. One being a top 115 player out of LSU's backyard. All will be fine. This is slowly dying as old news.

Good grief the lack of self-awareness....
The exception being UGA fans have more to be excited about at the moment. There is no way to objectively deny that but you aren’t capable of being objective. What makes you so biased against Kirby as a Bama fan?

Only stopped here a couple of times but enough to notice your massive bias.

The exception being UGA fans have more to be excited about at the moment. There is no way to objectively deny that but you aren’t capable of being objective. What makes you so biased against Kirby as a Bama fan?

Only stopped here a couple of times but enough to notice your massive bias.

Only a couple of times? Then you missed where I said that Kirby has done much to be proud of in 3 years, where I said he is an elite recruiter, or when I defended him to both Florida and Auburn fans as NOT being a cheater?

As for who has more to be excited about, I think objective Georgia fans have plenty to be concerned about. You lost the 2017 NC because Kirby was totally unprepared for Tua in the 2nd half and made no adjustments on defense to stop him. Then you lost the SEC title a year later because Kirby made no adjustments on defense to stop Jalen, and because of the disastrous 4th and Kirby call. Truly one of the worst calls I've ever seen in college football.

On the other hand, Mullen took over a Florida program coming off a 4-win season and won 10 games, finished the season on a 4-game winning streak, and finished ranked #7. Same as Georgia.

Georgia fans have plenty to be excited about with Kirby, but there's also a few potential red flags that will cause the objective Georgia fans to hold the chest-beating to a minimum.

As you can see from even a couple of stops here, that type of objective humility is in short supply among the Dawg posters here, isn't it?

Nobody has transferred since those two. Two more commits for the 2020 class committed since this. One being a top 115 player out of LSU's backyard. All will be fine. This is slowly dying as old news.
I mean that was two weeks ago and my original post was from around that time.

You can certainly hope the bleeding has stopped. I thought you guys had another guy or two enter the transfer portal a couple of days ago? LBs I believe?

Regardless, it’s been a very bad few weeks, we will see how it ultimately shakes out but the momentum Mullen believed he had is gone and there are negative stories still out there. The players posting about Steele and taking shots was a bad look and will be used against UF.

Was the corner from Louisiana even offered by LSU? They already have a few very highly rated DBs this class so I honestly don’t know. If they haven’t pursued, that will be one to watch as only Bama seems to be able to pull elite LA kids wanted by LSU.

Regardless, it’s been a very bad few weeks, we will see how it ultimately shakes out but the momentum Mullen believed he had is gone and there are negative stories still out there

Current Rivals recruiting rankings:

5 - Georgia
7 - Florida

We were just talking about the lack of objectivity among the Dawg posters here, weren't we?

Only a couple of times? Then you missed where I said that Kirby has done much to be proud of in 3 years, where I said he is an elite recruiter, or when I defended him to both Florida and Auburn fans as NOT being a cheater?

As for who has more to be excited about, I think objective Georgia fans have plenty to be concerned about. You lost the 2017 NC because Kirby was totally unprepared for Tua in the 2nd half and made no adjustments on defense to stop him. Then you lost the SEC title a year later because Kirby made no adjustments on defense to stop Jalen, and because of the disastrous 4th and Kirby call. Truly one of the worst calls I've ever seen in college football.

On the other hand, Mullen took over a Florida program coming off a 4-win season and won 10 games, finished the season on a 4-game winning streak, and finished ranked #7. Same as Georgia.

Georgia fans have plenty to be excited about with Kirby, but there's also a few potential red flags that will cause the objective Georgia fans to hold the chest-beating to a minimum.

As you can see from even a couple of stops here, that type of objective humility is in short supply among the Dawg posters here, isn't it?
As I said, I’m not here much so I haven’t noticed.

Why would Kirby have prepared for the backup QB in the NC game? That seems an odd criticism. A ton of calls went against UGA in the second half as well which didn’t help but not being prepared for a backup QB isn’t a realistic.

The SECCG this year was rough but far too much is being made of that fake punt call. The game was tied and Bama had marched down the field the previous 2 possessions. I think Kirby believed they would do it again (which logically makes sense) so he took a chance. He should have changed the play when he saw Bama was ready for it but the initial call wasn’t a problem for me. Fields also needed to not freak out and bail so quickly as Mecole was breaking open.

I would argue the fake by Saban in the National Champship game was a worse call given the situation but Kirby should have changed it as I said.

Kirby has destroyed the east and UF the past two years. Last year was never supposed to be a contention year and UGA was still right there to go to the playoffs. UGA is more talented and deeper this year. This will be the best and deepest UGA team in my lifetime by a decent margin.

Far too much is being put on the bowl games. UGA lost after not showing up in a bowl game that clearly didn’t matter to the players. I wish they cared about it but after losing to Bama in heartbreaking fashion and ending their season goals, I can understand going through the motions. Very similar to Bama vs Utah or Bama vs Oklahoma in prior years.

I think your red flags are far overstated, especially when comparing UGA to UF. UF lost more talent from last years team than UGA and have less talent to replace them. Replacing an entire Oline isn’t easy.

Kirby has been right there twice. Unfortunately he lost both but he has won plenty of big games already and both of those Bama teams were pretty good I would say. If not beating Bama is a big red flag then every coach has big red flags.

Current Rivals recruiting rankings:

5 - Georgia
7 - Florida

We were just talking about the lack of objectivity among the Dawg posters here, weren't we?
Comparing the two is pretty pointless this early. UF has two more commits yet is still 100 points behind. It’s mainly about number of commits at this point as the formula only takes the best 20 into consideration.

Not to mention, the highest rated guy for them, the WR, has basically zero chance at qualifying from what I’ve seen.

Comparing the two is pretty pointless this early

Discussing recruiting rankings is always pointless early. Yet dawgs crow about them every year around this time under Kirby, and claim a good ranking in April means a NC coming in January.

We're still waiting.

Discussing recruiting rankings is always pointless early. Yet dawgs crow about them every year around this time under Kirby, and claim a good ranking in April means a NC coming in January.

We're still waiting.
Well this simply isn’t true. Two years ago UGA had 2 players committed in late May before going on to have their best class ever (and second best class all time).

Last year UGA started slower again, didn’t get going until the summer and still finished 1 on Rivals and 2 on the composite.

So yeah, your point simply isn’t true.

Most of UGAs best talent will be freshman, sophomores and juniors this year. This will be the best and deepest team UGA has ever had (assuming they can avoid injuries which is always a big unknown)

I mean that was two weeks ago and my original post was from around that time.

You can certainly hope the bleeding has stopped. I thought you guys had another guy or two enter the transfer portal a couple of days ago? LBs I believe?

Regardless, it’s been a very bad few weeks, we will see how it ultimately shakes out but the momentum Mullen believed he had is gone and there are negative stories still out there. The players posting about Steele and taking shots was a bad look and will be used against UF.

Was the corner from Louisiana even offered by LSU? They already have a few very highly rated DBs this class so I honestly don’t know. If they haven’t pursued, that will be one to watch as only Bama seems to be able to pull elite LA kids wanted by LSU.
He was offered by LSU. Offered by UGA as well. I'm sure y'all will say it was a conditional offer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT