ADVERTISEMENT

You know how I know the economy is still bad?

The Dollar Store in my neighborhood is closing.
Dollar Stores in rural areas are fine, it's a convenience store on steroids (I'm specifically talking about Dollar General). Oh and their goods aren't necessarily cheap, sometimes they are overpriced, the food in particular. What brand of dollar store is it? In an urban area, they can't compete with the Walmarts and such. Convenience and distance to competition is what they thrive on.

Last edited:
Dollar Stores in rural areas are fine, it's a convenience store on steroids (I'm specifically talking about Dollar General). Oh and there goods aren't necessarily cheap, sometimes they are overpriced, the food in particular. What brand of dollar store is it? In an urban area, they can't compete with the Walmarts and such. Convenience and distance to competition is what they thrive on.
Its Dollar General, and it is literally in the same plaza as Walmart Neighborhood. But its a shit Walmart, they are usually out of everything so I only go there when I don't feel like going to Super Walmart because of traffic.

Its Dollar General, and it is literally in the same plaza as Walmart Neighborhood. But its a shit Walmart, they are usually out of everything so I only go there when I don't feel like going to Super Walmart because of traffic.
In Jax near the ICW we have a Wally Neighborhood Market. It's pretty damned nice all things considered. They took over an old Food Lion market when Food Lion left Florida. It's convenient for me when I'm in town and not at the gulf. It is mostly a watered down food market with a few pharmacy items. But man is it nice not to have to go to a SuperWally. I hate going to those with a passion (but by nature, I'm a cheap assed MFer) 😂

In Jax near the ICW we have a Wally Neighborhood Market. It's pretty damned nice all things considered. They took over an old Food Lion market when Food Lion left Florida. It's convenient for me when I'm in town and not at the gulf. It is mostly a watered down food market with a few pharmacy items. But man is it nice not to have to go to a SuperWally. I hate going to those with a passion (but by nature, I'm a cheap assed MFer) 😂
I think the problems i spoke of are specific to this particular Wally, as the Walmart Neighborhood Market in Orange Park doesn't seem to have these inventory problems.

I was behind a truck pulling a trailer load full of wood today. I told my helper to look at the rich SOB.
BSC's roaring Biden economy. :oops: 😂

5c5xph.jpg

Dollar Stores in rural areas are fine, it's a convenience store on steroids (I'm specifically talking about Dollar General). Oh and their goods aren't necessarily cheap, sometimes they are overpriced, the food in particular. What brand of dollar store is it? In an urban area, they can't compete with the Walmarts and such. Convenience and distance to competition is what they thrive on.
I'm about 20 miles from a Walmart, but I have 5 of those others (Dollar General & Family Dollar) within 10 miles, the closest 3 are, 2 miles and the other 2 are 7 miles away. The closest one just opened this year and it's a double sized one that in a strictly rural area, nothing else near by and it's about 8 miles outside the nearest small town.

There is also a Hitchcock's and a Harvey's within about 10 miles.
We plan well, so I don't need a big store more than about once every couple of weeks. The Dollars are good for things like bread and milk.

I just use the Circle K (3 miles) for gas occasionally, as I don't much care for the in-convenient stores in general.

Bored, so I responded like Novi, but I still got a chuckle as I did so.
☺

Reactions: gatordad3
Ordered food for lunch today. Get a call “that restaurant closed down, they didn’t have enough employees to keep it open.” This was a major chain, not a mom and pop store.

In my rural area or NE FL, none of our local restaurants have closed, while 2 new ones have been opened in the last 6 months.

Virtually no Kung Flu cases (a few who travel, but no deaths).
Most have refused the various vaccines.
Parks and Vet organizations etc. remain open.
Zero homeless on the streets.
Churches and local charities take care of the few that are truly needy.
Mostly populated with responsible armed citizens and very little crime.
We read, we talk to each other, and we vote.

And on the state level, thank you yet again Gov. DeSantis....
I think that I'll write him another letter, this time suggesting that we build a large wall along the Florida boarder to better control who comes and goes from our state.

The new one on Baymeadows is decent. The clientele are kinda scary though.

I'm about 20 miles from a Walmart, but I have 5 of those others (Dollar General & Family Dollar) within 10 miles, the closest 3 are, 2 miles and the other 2 are 7 miles away. The closest one just opened this year and it's a double sized one that in a strictly rural area, nothing else near by and it's about 8 miles outside the nearest small town.

There is also a Hitchcock's and a Harvey's within about 10 miles.
We plan well, so I don't need a big store more than about once every couple of weeks. The Dollars are good for things like bread and milk.

I just use the Circle K (3 miles) for gas occasionally, as I don't much care for the in-convenient stores in general.

Bored, so I responded like Novi, but I still got a chuckle as I did so.
☺
I liked Hitchcocks. Got food and gas in Trenton. The Circle K was nice also.

I liked Hitchcocks. Got food and gas in Trenton. The Circle K was nice also.
The one in Old Town is still here. I heard they sold out to another owner but you people are freaking me out. My place on the gulf is just 24 miles south of there on 349. :oops: I still go shop at Hitchcocks, but the name has changed.. Old Town Family Markets.

Ordered food for lunch today. Get a call “that restaurant closed down, they didn’t have enough employees to keep it open.” This was a major chain, not a mom and pop store.
Survival of the fittest. That’s how capitalism works.

Reactions: martycat1
That thing flying over your head is the point.
What I know is that many restaurants have stayed open and have workers. So maybe they just need to pay their workers more, or run a more profitable operation. I’m not that worried about one random restaurant.

What I know is that many restaurants have stayed open and have workers. So maybe they just need to pay their workers more, or run a more profitable operation. I’m not that worried about one random restaurant.
Ramble more. It’s entertaining.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
The economy is getting bad. i saw a hooker yesterday driving a twelve year old kia. 😳

Still upset about the election?

Lost your stapler?
Good lord you are retarded, couldn’t care less about the election bud. That’s you responding to every thread regarding the audit. You remind me of a puppy humping an owners leg. I am your owner and you love to hump my leg 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good lord you are retarded, couldn’t care less about the election bud. That’s you responding to every thread regarding the audit. You remind me of a puppy humping an owners leg. I am your owner and you love to hump my leg 🤷🏻‍♂️
Every thread? How many are there? I only post in one.

You. are the one still distraught.

PS. You are the one that tagged me, Milton.

Last edited:
Pulling...PULLING the train. Jeez get your lingo straight. 😂
I know how it goes but it didn't work in the context of driving the Hyundai.

But yeah, pretend you know stuff. Good on you.

Because, you see, pulling the train is GAY SEX. The correct context here is that she IS the train.

From the Urban Dictionary:
Pulling a train
A form of gay sex. When a gay man receives anal sex from multiple partners in succession. Sometimes performed anonymously, with the recipient blindfolded.

However, looking further, I see where this did mean with a woman back in the 40's and 50's, so I guess you have to be grandmothered in for your answer..

Last edited:
I know how it goes but it didn't work in the context of driving the Hyundai.

But yeah, pretend you know stuff. Good on you.

Because, you see, pulling the train is GAY SEX. The correct context here is that she IS the train.

From the Urban Dictionary:
Pulling a train
A form of gay sex. When a gay man receives anal sex from multiple partners in succession. Sometimes performed anonymously, with the recipient blindfolded.

However, looking further, I see where this did mean with a woman back in the 40's and 50's, so I guess you have to be grandmothered in for your answer..

I went to college. I heard about trains getting pulled on many woman. By dudes. I've said too much.

So, despite that definition, wherever you got it, it means a person having sex with multiple partners, one after the other, regardless of orientation.

Reactions: fsumc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT