ADVERTISEMENT

Will She Cry...(Week 4)...PICK Florida v. Kentucky...

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
Well, that sure was exciting! After beating Tennessee in dramatic fashion, how will the Gators come out this week?

Logic tells you that Kentucky is going to play hard. Logic tells you that Florida is ripe for the upset on the road. Logic tells you that this team is young and somewhat undisciplined.

However, even though it is tempting...sasgator just can't pick against 30 years of dominance. It'll be wet your pants close, but it'll be Florida...

Florida 23
Kentucky 21

And no...going with Ashley Judd would have been too easy...

Leticia-Cline-30.jpg

Yea... That line doesn't bode well for our chances. As much as people wanna disagree with Vegas, they are spot on the majority of the time. Unless they are intentionally juicing a overzealous fan base out of thier $$.

Yea... That line doesn't bode well for our chances. As much as people wanna disagree with Vegas, they are spot on the majority of the time. Unless they are intentionally juicing a overzealous fan base out of thier $$.

it all depends on how the money is coming in.

Ideally, Vegas gets the exact amount of money on both sides, so they risk, but they get the juice.

Ideally, Vegas gets the exact amount of money on both sides, so they risk, but they get the juice.

They get quite a few games where the money is out of balance a lot however. I heard one guy on TV that worked the stuff saying that most of the public is on the wrong side of the bet usually when that happens so they don't mind collecting more than just the juice. The line will move some but not get nearly the same money on each side even with the differing lines. I think that even happens with money lines sometimes also and that recent Mayweather fight was like that where they would have lost a lot if McGregor won because so many people bet him despite the odds going down. The odds adjusted some to it but not enough to keep them from losing a bunch if he had won.

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonGecko
Dan Mullen said at his press conference he was pretty sure Miss State is stuck playing the two best SEC East teams this year - Georgia and Kentucky.

"Dan Mullen said at his press conference he was pretty sure Miss State is stuck playing the two best SEC East teams this year - Georgia and Kentucky."

I'm disappointed in myself, but I chuckled.

Yep but I doubt he says it if either us or Tennessee looked good Saturday and would have left it at Georgia. He could have gave Vandy a shout out however.
I can understand your point about us. We have a history with him. But why would he diss Tennessee but give a shout out to UGA?

I can understand your point about us. We have a history with him. But why would he diss Tennessee but give a shout out to UGA?

Just saying if either us or Tenn looked good I think he would have left his statement as playing "probably the best team in the East - Georgia" and he wouldn't have added KY in there.

This is the year for the Cats gator fans.

UF is coming off of a miracle finish, but there are storm clouds. The once vaunted defense is not nearly as imposing as days gone by. Depth is an issue.

UK had a hard fought game as well, but this game is at home. Cat fans are believing.

It will be a close game, but in the end Kentucky snaps the streak.

UK 26
UF 19

You mean Vegas wasn't built on winners?

They always set lines based on perception, you watch any thing on TV, SEC network even and they are have been hyping our loss in this game since the summer since its just trendy...

Vegas is built on giving the smart bettors free money and signs, you just have to know which ones are giveaways and deciphered.. This ain't one of them, this line is set where it is to get even action and on perception.. Just Texas receiving 17 points last week, and it went to OT and they damn near won.. and our line when the entire nation was picking us to lose, and we were favored by 5.5.. and won by 6. Hello, vegas calling for the smart cappers are you there

If it looks too good to be true, it usually is in vegas.. The average gambler is inexplicably looking at a team that wins on average by 24 points or more on average since 2000 or before in this matchup and only giving the other team 3.. Historically its a moronic trap bet for suckers, I know all about these in my many years of tangos with vegas lines and SU/ATS odds.

Didn't come over here to talk smack.
But thank the Gators for now owning the record for the longest play from scrimmage to score the winning TD without time on the clock.

We (UK) held that record since LSU scored on a tipped pass sometime in the 70's. The UK players were actually pouring Gatorade bucket over the head of the coach when the play happened.

However, just a little smack, UK 24 UF17

"But thank the Gators for now owning the record for the longest play from scrimmage to score the winning TD without time on the clock."

Wrong Tuck fan, y'all still hold the record by 11 yards! Sorry...;)

I'm pretty sure he's trying to reference the overtime play clock expiring controversy 3 years ago.
"But thank the Gators for now owning the record for the longest play from scrimmage to score the winning TD without time on the clock."

Wrong Tuck fan, y'all still hold the record by 11 yards! Sorry...;)
I am referring to the catch and run by LSU as time expired, the record for the length of the pass belongs to the Gators now

Everyone still picking against UF every week, keep it up..

That LSU play was from like 2001, where is this 1970's coming from??

Reactions: nail1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT