ADVERTISEMENT

Will Bama hire Kirby or Napier?!?!?!?

Bama hiring Napier would be a real “Ransom of Red Chief” move.
LSMFAO…thanks Google…

What is the story ransom of Red Chief about?

The Ransom of Red Chief, short story by O. Henry, published in the collection Whirligigs in 1910. In the story, two kidnappers make off with the young son of a prominent man only to find that the child is more trouble than he is worth; in the end, they agree to pay the boy's father to take him back.

Kiffin was a fvcking aszhole when he was at Tennessee…

But sadgator has seriously come to appreciate Baby Kiff in recent years…

It would be a fun ride to have him on our sideline now…
Kiffin has matured considerably since his Tennessee days. He is no longer a loose cannon. He still gets in his digs but they are well thought out. Taking a page from SOS’ book.

Kiffin has matured considerably since his Tennessee days. He is no longer a loose cannon. He still gets in his digs but they are well thought out. Taking a page from SOS’ book.

I think Kiffin could match up with any coach if he had the same talent level on both sides of the ball. Smart wouldn't do that much at Ole Miss with the same players as Kiffin has there.

With Kalen DeBoer leaving U dub, it's safe to assume Kiffin was never considered for the Bama job.

Yeah Kiffin was never really mentioned. I’ll take him at UF next year please and thank you. Would have liked for Deboer to stay put and had a shot at him but hat tip to Bama for grabbing him. Hopefully UW doesn’t grab Fisch. If we got Fisch or Kiffin, I’d be very happy.

Reactions: Gator Fever
You mean the fact the $EC went outside to a dead conference for their coach? Ya, I chuckled.
Honestly, sadgator knows that it’s probably an unpopular view, but he was less than impressed with that hire…

DeBoer is fine, and yeah ok, he was very successful the past two years, but Washington’s total defense was 96th in the FBS this year…

No offense, but that’s not quite gonna cut it down south…

I think they did pretty good. He was the best they were going to do. He’s been an HC for 15 years has won everywhere including in power 5. He’s not southern but he’s from SD so he is a redneck so they should be able to accept him.

People weren’t exactly lining up for that job and they needed a name quick for transfer purposes.

Norvell was probably their No 1 choice and then this guy. Kirby probably said no in 3 seconds. Who knows why Lane wasn’t a candidate. Hard to imagine he wouldn’t be interested.

Isn’t this sort of like Auburn hiring Harsin from the northwest? And how did that work out?

I don’t think kiffin is a good fit for Bama, although they could certainly do worse. He’s too loosie goosie. They want someone serious. Lane would be a good fit for us.
I can't believe I am saying this in 2024, but I'd be ecstatic if Kiffen came to Gainesville. My only knock on him is the entire lack of respect for the D side of the ball, but since 3rd and Grantham, we've got nothing to lose anyway.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
I can't believe I am saying this in 2024, but I'd be ecstatic if Kiffen came to Gainesville. My only knock on him is the entire lack of respect for the D side of the ball, but since 3rd and Grantham, we've got nothing to lose anyway.
For once we disagree on something. If Lame Boy coaches UF, it'll be dips1t Dan all over again as the elite Florida talent will continue to flock to Georgia, Texas, Ohio State and Bama. There's a reason Kiffy Boy never got a sniff from other schools as each season has passed.

Honestly, sadgator knows that it’s probably an unpopular view, but he was less than impressed with that hire…

DeBoer is fine, and yeah ok, he was very successful the past two years, but Washington’s total defense was 96th in the FBS this year…

No offense, but that’s not quite gonna cut it down south…

I think I would have went with Oregon's coach if I was Bama.

Reactions: sadgator
I watched Washington quite a bit over the last couple of years; DeBoer is a damn good offensive coach, buy will need a really good DC to be a serious contender consistently.

Ok, so no sh!t, and no judgment, this is a real tattoo that Dan Lanning has running down the side of his body of his wife covered in tattooed items from his life, including college program logos…

446SLR2Z5RE47D4NRQQFJF23XE.jpg

sadgator’s only gonna say, if he ever had the opportunity to spend an hour with that guy in a bar, he would welcome it…and if the opportunity for Florida to hire this guy ever presents itself, we need to jump on it immediately…

https://www.outkick.com/oregon-head-coach-dan-lanning-wife-cancer-sauphia-children-sons-life-tattoo/

• Wow
Reactions: Countygator1
I didn't realize the Washington coach was an idiot. But, to not only step into those shoes, but to do so when the advantage (buying players) that made those shoes so huge is gone, that's idiocy. Maybe he thinks he can ride the end of the wave and escape to the NFL before the bottom drops out. I doubt it. Bottoms drop out quickly in college ball.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I didn't realize the Washington coach was an idiot. But, to not only step into those shoes, but to do so when the advantage (buying players) that made those shoes so huge is gone, that's idiocy. Maybe he thinks he can ride the end of the wave and escape to the NFL before the bottom drops out. I doubt it. Bottoms drop out quickly in college ball.
He also had the luxury of having the Peenix at QB for the past two seasons.

He also had the luxury of having the Peenix at QB for the past two seasons.
Peenix is an amazing QB, but something about him makes me think he is injury prone like Tua. Their offense was nothing short of amazing but unless they scored most possessions, their defense was less than stellar when backed into a corner. That won't bode well in the SEC, especially against the likes of LSU, Ole Piss, and the occasional tussle with UGA when they actually play.

Reactions: gatordad3
His first step better be to purchase a car dealership, and I'm not talking about a Kia dealership.

If sadgator came home and told mrs. sadgator that he was planning to get a tattoo of her with a gator tattoo on her boobs running down the side of his body, she’d be like…
That's why you don't ask, you just come home with it and apologize.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT