ADVERTISEMENT

Why so many Noles posting on the Gator Board??

Because you have been here for 1 week weakling? Where you been tough guy? for the last how ever many years?

Nobody needs your approval or that of anyone else DF. Hilarious we live for the approval of a Gator. Y'ALL are living in the ancient past if you think anyone wants or needs your UF approval.

And yet, here you are.
serveimage

show_picture.pl

Last edited:
Since 1970, UF leads the series 25-24-1. Try again.
We are jousting at windmills Lizard. Under the surface FSU fans know the truth. But rather than admitting certain truths and in an attempt to moderate their insecurities, they will search out for blips in our mutual history trying to convince themselves as much if Gator supporters. UF’s superiority in athletics and academics are well documented by impartial analysts. To suggest overall records are irrelevant is only seen as a rational argument by those who promote it. As much as they know the truth, so do we, and in the end that’s all that matters. Go Gators!

We are jousting at windmills Lizard. Under the surface FSU fans know the truth. But rather than admitting certain truths and in an attempt to moderate their insecurities, they will search out for blips in our mutual history trying to convince themselves as much if Gator supporters. UF’s superiority in athletics and academics are well documented by impartial analysts. To suggest overall records are irrelevant is only seen as a rational argument by those who promote it. As much as they know the truth, so do we, and in the end that’s all that matters. Go Gators!

I mean, if you really believe that things from the 60s are still relevant, thats cool, but dont try to pass it off on others that they should also believe it. Lets flip the script, if FSU had won 30 straight in the 40's, i wouldnt even bring it up. I feel that if it didnt haplen within current players, its just history. Thats it. Its not a measuring tool. Both programs are in completely different spots than they were in the 60's and only similarity is their name. They are completely different. You call it insecurities but i just dont care about it at all. It would be like you saying im insecure because such and such rokler coaster is not as tall as another one from a different time period that got torn down and rebuilt. I just wouldnt give a sh##. If you guys beat us next yr, you are 1 and 0 with new coaching staffs and that is what i would say. I wouldnt even say well we beat u the others so we are now 7 of the last 8 or whatever it is. All of that is irrelevant now, its just history, both programs are two very different programs now than even last yr.

Noles troll everyone’s Board. They have nothing else to do. It really is pathetic and sad.

GO GATORS!

Reactions: mcanes
So the series will likely be tied from '70-'18.;)
Go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself. You certainly have had the upper hand for the last few years but both teams are going through a major reconstruction of their programs. As of this point in time, UF has had the upper hand so far as far as gearing up for 2018. February 7th should continue Gator optimism and ratchet up FSU’s inferiority complex. Though it hasn’t been said yet, I believe that UF will show up and could very well show you up. For me, Thanksgiving can’t come soon enough. Go Gators!

The thing about the overall record argument is that you’re asking people to care about games that happened in the 50s, 60s and 70s. These are games that were played well before any of the current players were even born. Which I guess is a good argument (if that is all you have) but it’s not a relevant one. So congratulations on that. But if you are under the age of 40 (give or take) you have experienced more FSU wins. FSU fans also experienced winning a national title before Uf. FSU fans also has the most recent title out of the two programs. So yay! on racking up a lot of wins in the late 50’s 60’s and 70s. Ill take more wins since I have been alive, winning the first and most recent title and the current win streak over ancient games any day.

The thing about the overall record argument is that you’re asking people to care about games that happened in the 50s, 60s and 70s. These are games that were played well before any of the current players were even born. Which I guess is a good argument (if that is all you have) but it’s not a relevant one. So congratulations on that. But if you are under the age of 40 (give or take) you have experienced more FSU wins. FSU fans also experienced winning a national title before Uf. FSU fans also has the most recent title out of the two programs. So yay! on racking up a lot of wins in the late 50’s 60’s and 70s. Ill take more wins since I have been alive, winning the first and most recent title and the current win streak over ancient games any day.
Ok I get you and would expect your response. In the final analysis, it just comes down to pulling stats out that fit your narrative. Let’s face it, we both have had football success and are not really that far apart. It’s just that the Gators have that slight edge

Reactions: mcanes
Ok I get you and would expect your response. In the final analysis, it just comes down to pulling stats out that fit your narrative. Let’s face it, we both have had football success and are not really that far apart. It’s just that the Gators have that slight edge

I am not ignorant enough to not admit that. Both schools have had massive success in the football arena and the pendulum swings both ways. UF has been down just like FSU has been down and both school always have the potential to win. The next few years should be very interesting for both schools.

I am not ignorant enough to not admit that. Both schools have had massive success in the football arena and the pendulum swings both ways. UF has been down just like FSU has been down and both school always have the potential to win. The next few years should be very interesting for both schools.
I do not consider you ignorant at all - you are a fan and so am I. I totally agree as far as looking ahead. If we’re honest, I would think that we would both want our teams to be equal. Remember the days when our games actually meant something and fans other than our own wanted to watch us? And fans of our two schools wanted to as well? Here’s to those days returning and from my perspective, that can’t happen too soon.

There is nothing of substance to talk about on our free board. Contrary opinions are not tolerated. Statements questioning the ability of the coaches are quickly deleted. Bans are handed out for saying a certain player sucks - even when said player does in fact suck.

This board allows banter and discussion. There is almost always an FSU related thread on here often started by a Gator. So why not join in? It is that simple really.

You nailed it. It is one big echo chamber. The theme going right now is blame Fisher for everything while WT and his all star staff are the best ever. Stats, results, etc be damned. It does not matter that no other head coach was considered for an interview. Wilcox made his mind up on what type of hire he wanted and targeted one candidate. I can go on with the pros and cons of the hire, but the point is TOS does not want to hear about anything other than this hire and staff are the best ever and that everything bad about FSU was Fisher's fault.

Do the wins in the 80s count? How about in the 00s?

Is there a difference?
I guess it depends...I thought Fisher was a great hire and the right man for the job. However, somewhere along the way (probably worse after his divorce) Jimbo decided he was Saban and entitled to all the perks at FSU that Nick had(s) at Alabama.

Jimbo became petty and his need for control...well got way out of control. I didn't fully see this until this year. I simply thought the answer was replacing a few assistant coaches. aTm saved us from Jimbolt's stranglehold.

I think that the scales dropped from your eyes in 2016, when once again Fisher dropped games to substantially over matched teams. You were ahead of the curve.

Most of your brethren, as recent as the beginning of the 2017, put Fisher in the top three, four or five ranking nationally.

I think that the scales dropped from your eyes in 2016, when once again Fisher dropped games to substantially over matched teams. You were ahead of the curve.

Most of your brethren, as recent as the beginning of the 2017, put Fisher in the top three, four or five ranking nationally.
True...while I didn't support the 4-loss Fisher moniker, I certainly acknowledged 3-loss Fisher and accurately picked our annual ACC bottom feeder loss as BC (who knew that loss line would be so long and distinguished, though).

Regardless, I'm glad he's gone. Maybe Jimbolt and Champ can attend the same anti-rage therapy classes together.

Do the wins in the 80s count? How about in the 00s?

I guess it depends on who you ask. It’s hard for me to care about games that happen before I was born. I was born in 82 so the matchup between UF and FSU in 1981 I could care less about. I wasn’t alive for it the players who play today weren’t alive for it. So does it count? Sure! is it meaningful? To me…not so much. If you are old enough to remember the game then It may have more meaning to you. So that’s why I said in a previous post. The overall record is nice if it’s all you got but in reality, you have to be over 40 years old to have experienced more UF victories over FSU. So ill take our modern success over games in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s any day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT