ADVERTISEMENT

Why do democrats get so angry about republicans picking SCOTUS judges when

Orangeclad

Rowdy Reptile
Jul 5, 2001
in so many landmark cases, a republican judge or 2 will side with the liberal block. The republican appointed justices should NEVER be considered as a reliable vote while the 4 liberal justices should ALWAYS be considered a reliable vote. When is the last time one of the 4 liberal justices broke away from the block to vote the other way in a landmark case?

in so many landmark cases, a republican judge or 2 will side with the liberal block. The republican appointed justices should NEVER be considered as a reliable vote while the 4 liberal justices should ALWAYS be considered a reliable vote. When is the last time one of the 4 liberal justices broke away from the block to vote the other way in a landmark case?

turncoats.

Roberts is a disgrace.

Liberal justices know that should they go against orthodoxy on a major case, and little ones too, the left would put them on a hit list.

This is out of the Bork Playbook...scream and holler and hope for a second guy that's to the left of the first. Some presidents aka W were all ready looking for a center-right go along because of the Bork effect.

Trump could have selected Ginsburg and the left would have come for her hoping for someone even more left. Its about intimidation and keeping the goalpost skewed. Didn't work on Kav and Thomas. Just shows Trump if he cares. and I don't think he does on the gay issue, that he must nominate and shepherd thru at least 2 or 3 more and they must be on the order of a Cruz, the Lee brothers or the devout Catholic lady,

If rights come from the Judeo-Christian God per the Declaration then one can NOT have a right to something that God has condemned. Pure logic. If rights come from government or the morals of the day per Rousseau then you have no rights except what the majority allows.

Libertarians! pick your poison transient rights given you by feckless at best or evil government or unalienable rights given to you by the God of the Founders the God of the Bible the Judeo-Chrisitan God.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

John Robert's strikes again and it's only Thursday. Like I said in yesterday's thread starter, the dems never break ranks while the republican picks often do. John Robert's has and will be a disaster for decades.

Reactions: nail1988
John Robert's strikes again and it's only Thursday. Like I said in yesterday's thread starter, the dems never break ranks while the republican picks often do. John Robert's has and will be a disaster for decades.

he’s a real disgrace

It's been said many times that Trump was born and raised a Democrat. Even now he doesn't even call himself a conservative.
In some, if not many ways, he still has the mindset of a liberal, to an extent.
From the article @nail1988 posted above

But the president was restrained in his comments: “They’ve ruled. I read the decision, and some people were surprised. But they’ve ruled and we live with their decision. That’s what it’s all about. We live with the decision of the Supreme Court. Very powerful — very powerful decision, actually.”

That didn’t surprise me, given Trump’s background as a Democrat in Manhattan. When he was running in 2015, Trump declined in interviews with me and others to criticize the Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. Given the broad cultural shift on gay issues, he may have concluded there was limited political benefit
in criticizing this week’s ruling.

It's been said many times that Trump was born and raised a Democrat. Even now he doesn't even call himself a conservative.
In some, if not many ways, he still has the mindset of a liberal, to an extent.
From the article @nail1988 posted above

But the president was restrained in his comments: “They’ve ruled. I read the decision, and some people were surprised. But they’ve ruled and we live with their decision. That’s what it’s all about. We live with the decision of the Supreme Court. Very powerful — very powerful decision, actually.”

That didn’t surprise me, given Trump’s background as a Democrat in Manhattan. When he was running in 2015, Trump declined in interviews with me and others to criticize the Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. Given the broad cultural shift on gay issues, he may have concluded there was limited political benefit
in criticizing this week’s ruling.
He ain't restrained on today's ruling. He is furious and angry.
https://fxn.ws/3edrWv7

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT