ADVERTISEMENT

Where did you go to College?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSC911

Bull Gator
Apr 18, 2018
If any, And did you graduate.

Just curious to know who I am conversing with.

UF here, of course. Two business degrees.

Now don’t be embarrassed Alabama freeloader T-shirt fans. We know you are an 85%er. (Look it up). And I’m curious if FakeMensa even went to college.

PS. No judgment.

Last edited:
Reactions: FresnoGator
Sure, if you'd like to think that, but honestly it's none of your business. @nail1988 knows, but college isn't what makes a man, and you certainly seem to be struggling with that, which proves my point.

2be7042e-436e-418d-95d6-43b2b1dcb7a7_text.gif

If any, And did you graduate.

Just curious to know who I am conversing with.

UF here, of course. Two business degrees.

Now be embarrassed Alabama freeloader T-shirt fans. We know you are an 85%er. (Look it up). And I’m curious if FakeMensa even went to college.

PS. No judgment.
Jane, you ignorant slut! Go Quakers! Wharton business graduate. Went to FCCJ for junior college and then got a full ride there. No wonder you are such a clueless dumbshit. Your professors should be led to the stockades, then had their feet whipped for graduating such an ignorant dumbshit! 😂

Wtf is Letters? Is that like spelling?

JK. Congrats.
Interdisciplinary degree with varied focus depending on what you want. It’s becoming less popular than it used to be, but it’s still offered at several Ivy League universities and places like Michigan. Many used it for pre-Med and pre-Law. I loved ancient history, Latin and philosophy and it was perfect for me…very little math and the science I wanted. Got to study abroad twice. Learned a lot about how to critically think, read/write, debate and I studied statesmanship and some of the great leaders and societies in world history.

Got the MBA because I didn’t want to be a HS History teacher/football coach from an income perspective (even though that was my passion). So I built my career and eventually used my kids as an excuse to get into coaching. Coached youth football for a few years and now I’m the volunteer head lacrosse coach for a club team that operates under the city High School name…in my “spare” time.

I’ll take that as a no college. Noted.
We way overpush college.

Some of the most successful people in the industry we make products for are multimillionaires with HS Diplomas and GED’s and are incredibly smart businesspeople.

I’ve got a kid on my team (rising Jr) that would be a D1 talent if he was 3” taller. He’s ridiculous and had schools illegally contacting him for years.

School isn’t for him. I’m working on getting him internships with some of my contacts. I’d hate to see him not play in college but the kid hates school. Not dumb, it’s just not for him, and that’s ok. If my wife hadn’t forced me out I’d still be in school getting my 6th Phd. I loved it.

Midfield 81-82
Played club at UF fall 82-84, ran the club 84 ...
They run primarily middies two way in your day?

We try to but I only have 2-3 kids I can trust to do both. We have to specialize kids, especially the D Mids. No one wants to play defense and rotate when they get slid to anymore. It’s all about scoring goals.

Reactions: nail1988

We try to but I only have 2-3 kids I can trust to do both. We have to specialize kids, especially the D Mids. No one wants to play defense and rotate when they get slid to anymore. It’s all about scoring goals.
What in tarnation are ya'll talking about? LaCross? :oops:

25994642_10154938778047714_2601523906869660918_n.jpg

Playing club for Memphis LC during my residency here in St. Louis.

Middies played both ways, no specialization. I also took FOs and played man up.

It was better back then ...

Everyone knows - or should - I graduated from Florida State. Some graduate hours at the University of North Texas.
History major with minor in Government and Economics.

I can’t wait to see responses from certain other persons.
It's no wonder whatsoever why you own BScuck in EVERY conversation. 😍

Reactions: goldmom
25994642_10154938778047714_2601523906869660918_n.jpg

Playing club for Memphis LC during my residency here in St. Louis.

Middies played both ways, no specialization. I also took FOs and played man up.

It was better back then ...
That’s an awesome pic. Thank you for posting it.

Yes it was. They are taking big hits out of the game. I don’t really even know how to coach physicality anymore because it’s game by game, ref by ref. Sort of why I love the NLL so much.

My youngest is playing FOGO on his travel team, I had no idea how much of game within the game it is. Oldest is being recruited as a D Mid, but he’ll play pole for us this (his Sr) season. He’s being recruited by places like Shenandoah, Fairleigh Dickenson and Drew University.

That’s an awesome pic. Thank you for posting it.

Yes it was. They are taking big hits out of the game. I don’t really even know how to coach physicality anymore because it’s game by game, ref by ref. Sort of why I love the NLL so much.

My youngest is playing FOGO on his travel team, I had no idea how much of game within the game it is. Oldest is being recruited as a D Mid, but he’ll play pole for us this (his Sr) season. He’s being recruited by places like Shenandoah, Fairleigh Dickenson and Drew University.
That's awesome! Good for your sons. The hitting was the fun part of the game. My bro played at UMD and lives near Baltimore, he still plays old man lax, but spends much of his time reffing high level club and HS games in the area. He tells me I would have gotten thrown out of 80% of the games he refs today delivering legal hits of old. That's sad to me.

There is a great story to go with the pic above. I wrote it up a few years ago. Here it is:

It's spring 1989 and I'm playing club ball with Memphis Lacrosse Club. We go to a tourney outside of St. Louis in Fenton, MO, held at the complex where the US National Soccer team trains. Great complex with nice artificial turf fields. We are getting ready to play our first game against New Orleans LC, a decent team, but one we had beaten at their Mardi Gras tourney a few months earlier.

Watching them warm up, I see a guy who looked really familiar to me, but hadn't played for them the last time. He was a big dude 6'4" and maybe 230 lbs. with red hair and a red moustache. It was bothering me that I couldn't place him, so I approached him while he was stretching and told him he looked familiar. He said the same. He told me his name and I instantly placed him. I remembered seeing him play in HS in NY - Nyack HS was a lax hotbed (he was 2 years ahead of me) and had seen him at a few parties thrown by Nyack guys, who I lifeguarded with several years earlier or at the bars in Nyack, I didn't recall which. I asked him what he was up to and he said he was in the Air Force, stationed in Biloxi, MS, and NOLC was the closest lax club to him. I saw he had a short stick and asked him why he wasn't playing in the goal. He said he only played goalie in HS (he was a 1st team all-county goalie) because it was the only place he could start, since the team was so stacked with future D-i and D-II players. I wished him luck and went back to my team.

I tell my teammates about my conversation with the big dude and warn them that he's really good and probably better than most of the guys they come up against. They just kinda pooh poohed my comments and said we beat them before, we'll beat them again. I shook my head and said if you take him lightly, you will be sorry. Again, they were unimpressed. I finally said he's really good, ignore him at your own risk. I got a bunch of sarcastic ok signs in return.

The game starts and Wally is playing attack and lighting us up. It's a really good, really tight, back and forth game. He played a few runs at middie when not on attack, but I never went up against him. My guys were in disbelief at the performance he was having. We end up winning a squeaker, 14-13. I had a good game with 3 goals and 2 assists, but that was nothing compared to the 11 goals and 2 assists Wally put up. It was an incredible performance. A couple of my guys approached me after the game and said, no promises, but next time you say something, we might consider listening. Take home message: On any given topic, never dismiss what people have to say who know more than you do..

Thanks for all of your contributions. Some impressive credentials.

Still waiting to hear from a few that I know have seen this thread.

Welcher
Fake Mensa
Creepy Mormon Dude
Cafeteria Christian
Etc.

Come on in. Theres nothing to be afraid of.

Last edited:
We way overpush college.

I used to think that people who didn't go to college were nuts. But you are absolutely correct. Technical schools actually train you to do a specific type of work or at the very least a very specific field. You're usually ready to be productive when you graduate.

Most college degrees don't do that for you, rather they get your foot in the door and then, once there, you actually learn how to apply your education.

And people without college degrees are more likely to become business owners because they are forced to take more chances to get ahead in life whereas highly educated people take a safer, more secured path.

Not an 85%er.

Thanks. I've never heard the term outside of its use with black Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT