ADVERTISEMENT

What single player would you want from one of your rivals, FSU/UF?

kellylexy

Green Machine
Feb 4, 2004
UF is one of our rivals and this is your board so here is my thought. I would take Tabor. We lose Ramsey and the only void we have this coming offseason is at boundary corner. We have plenty of young elite talent, however they are all with zero game experience e.g. McFadden, Lewis, Taylor, etc.

Close second choice, but did not make the cut for #1 would be Davis at LB. FSU won't skip a beat on defense if Matthew Thomas can stay on the field, however it would be nice to have a proven second quality LB such as Davis. I like his intensity and aggressiveness.

Who would you want from FSU? Did you have any close runner-ups?

No feakin' body at all from the criminoles, ever.

And the staff should be very careful in flipping any recruit from there too.

UF is one of our rivals and this is your board so here is my thought. I would take Tabor. We lose Ramsey and the only void we have this coming offseason is at boundary corner. We have plenty of young elite talent, however they are all with zero game experience e.g. McFadden, Lewis, Taylor, etc.

Close second choice, but did not make the cut for #1 would be Davis at LB. FSU won't skip a beat on defense if Matthew Thomas can stay on the field, however it would be nice to have a proven second quality LB such as Davis. I like his intensity and aggressiveness.

Who would you want from FSU? Did you have any close runner-ups?
Cook.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Derwin James. Roderick Johnson. Their first 3 receivers and George Campbell. Demarcus Walker. Josh Sweat.

Cook only has one more year and we are in pretty good shape at Tailback so.....

Derwin James would come in awfully handy and he's got 2 more years before he's gone.

Does fsu have any good Offensive Tackles? That's a need position for us.

How about good YOUNG Defensive Tackles? We haven't signed any true Defensive Tackles (a couple big DE's will be slid inside to the #3 technique Tackle position) in the last two classes so if fsu has any real studs there, that would be helpful since we're going to have a need for that after this season.

Other than Cook, sadgator honestly doesn't follow them close enough to know any other player's name.
This... nothing against FSU, they have obviously been better vs UF the past few years but I don't follow them enough to know too many players. We need some OL and DT, so who is y'alls best?

Reactions: sadgator
This... nothing against FSU, they have obviously been better vs UF the past few years but I don't follow them enough to know too many players. We need some OL and DT, so who is y'alls best?

They recruit a lot of the same players. I'm not sure this a serious post.

They recruit a lot of the same players. I'm not sure this a serious post.

Why is it not serious? I don't follow FSU. I spend probably too much valuable time following 18-22 year olds who attend UF. I spend a little bit more valuable time watching SEC football. I may catch a FSU game here and there. I may watch the UM/FSU game and possibly the Clemson/FSU game. I will probably watch the Ole Miss/FSU game this season so I might know more about FSU then years past. In the 90's I knew majority of the FSU roster. Life changes and other things are priority over keeping up with a team I care hardly anything about.

Sure they recruit the same players but I don't follow them after they decide to sign with FSU. I do know the WR Lane is mediocre at best and RB Cook is a beast and possible Heisman. After that I'm lost.

yea....like you dont wish Cook stuck with his committment with UF.

Cook is exactly were he should be, going against Almost Competitive Competition most of the time. I'm sure that he didn't want to go against SEC defenses all year long.... :oops:
It's just to bad that TH didn't stay there with him. o_O

And I wouldn't trade you Lamical for Cook, much less Thompson... :p

Was it Lane or Cook that said they had changed their commitment to "Tha University uh Florda State?" I doubt any of the bunch could get in, not to mention Mac doesn't need any more added influence on Cleveland & Wells lol.

Probably James. That safety spot opposite of Maye scares me and Maye isn't the best in coverage himself. With James this secondary would be so ridiculous we could sell out to stop the run and just stifle teams.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Probably James. That safety spot opposite of Maye scares me and Maye isn't the best in coverage himself. With James this secondary would be so ridiculous we could sell out to stop the run and just stifle teams.
Yep, forgot about him. Kid can flat out play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT