ADVERTISEMENT

Wait...25% of US covid deaths have happened in the 10 weeks since Hiden took office?

Nope. The link is there, I found the first mention on the second page of the results.

See you actually have to look if you want to learn. You don't want to learn, you want your worldview confirmed. I don't waste my time attempting to debate with such people.

The CDC agrees with me and disagrees with you:

"Having cancer can make you more likely to get severely ill from COVID-19. Treatments for many types of cancer can weaken your body’s ability to fight off disease. At this time, based on available studies, having a history of cancer may increase your risk."

Which is exactly what I tried to tell you, but you didn't listen. This applies to the common flu as well.

So if you remove cancer from the equation, what happens? You are LESS LIKELY to get severely ill from catching covid. Which is also what I tried to tell you.

All of this is common sense. Healthy people have an almost 100% survival rate if they catch covid.

The panic was unwarranted.
Ok found it. It says only 6% had Covid as the ONLY cause of death. Now please refer the the article I posted that explains that statistic for those who prefer to downplay the deaths that are directly related to the virus. Mom is still dead before her time.

Ok found it. It says only 6% had Covid as the ONLY cause of death.
Correct. That's what dying FROM covid means.

Again, for probably the 10th time:

6% of covid deaths were FROM covid. These people had no underlying health issues

94% of covid deaths were WITH covid. These people had underlying health issues such as cancer

You can't say that the people with underlying health issues would have lived longer if they didn't get covid. You don't know that. Because when you have underlying health issues, EVERYTHING puts your health at greater risk. When Rush Limbaugh was dealing with lung cancer, he talked openly on his show about the extra precautions he had to take with his health. At one point he admitted that a simple cold could be a death sentence for him. That means that when someone has underlying health conditions, they are at greater health risk from EVERYTHING.

Again, this is common sense. This is also why I don't waste my time trying to convince ideologues to listen to viewpoints they don't want to hear.

This was a new flu strain, and a very contagious one. But the end result is that if you would have survived getting the regular flu, there's roughly a 100% chance you could have survived getting covid.

That's just reality.

Correct. That's what dying FROM covid means.

Again, for probably the 10th time:

6% of covid deaths were FROM covid. These people had no underlying health issues

94% of covid deaths were WITH covid. These people had underlying health issues such as cancer

You can't say that the people with underlying health issues would have lived longer if they didn't get covid. You don't know that. Because when you have underlying health issues, EVERYTHING puts your health at greater risk. When Rush Limbaugh was dealing with lung cancer, he talked openly on his show about the extra precautions he had to take with his health. At one point he admitted that a simple cold could be a death sentence for him. That means that when someone has underlying health conditions, they are at greater health risk from EVERYTHING.

Again, this is common sense. This is also why I don't waste my time trying to convince ideologues to listen to viewpoints they don't want to hear.

This was a new flu strain, and a very contagious one. But the end result is that if you would have survived getting the regular flu, there's roughly a 100% chance you could have survived getting covid.

That's just reality.
Wrong.

The CDC says otherwise, as you know since you've now seen the data on the site.

The information on survival rates is public knowledge, or at least I thought it was. Other than the sick and elderly, everyone effectively has almost a 100% chance of surviving covid.

And the kicker? The same sick and elderly that are at a slightly elevated risk for dying from covid, are at a similar elevated risk of dying from the common flu.

This was made out to be something it was not, and the handling in some ways (pushing elderly covid patients into nursing homes) seems to indicate the intent was to increase deaths, not reduce them.

BTW, have we forgotten what this thread is about? 25% of the covid deaths have come in the last 10 weeks since Mr Hiden took office.

You are outraged at the death total, you demand compassion for the suffering!!!

And yet....not a word of concern over the fact that 25% of the covid deaths have happened in just the last 10 weeks. Actually you did address this in passing....to say it was President Trump's fault LOL

Again, I have no use for people that are attempting to weaponize covid deaths as tools to be used against their political opponents.

Reactions: fsumc
The CDC says otherwise, as you know since you've now seen the data on the site.

The information on survival rates is public knowledge, or at least I thought it was. Other than the sick and elderly, everyone effectively has almost a 100% chance of surviving covid.

And the kicker? The same sick and elderly that are at a slightly elevated risk for dying from covid, are at a similar elevated risk of dying from the common flu.

This was made out to be something it was not, and the handling in some ways (pushing elderly covid patients into nursing homes) seems to indicate the intent was to increase deaths, not reduce them.

BTW, have we forgotten what this thread is about? 25% of the covid deaths have come in the last 10 weeks since Mr Hiden took office.

You are outraged at the death total, you demand compassion for the suffering!!!

And yet....not a word of concern over the fact that 25% of the covid deaths have happened in just the last 10 weeks. Actually you did address this in passing....to say it was President Trump's fault LOL

Again, I have no use for people that are attempting to weaponize covid deaths as tools to be used against their political opponents.
G8trDad3 is another troll. I think he pretends to be another “independent” but is just another Democrat QRF member.

G8trDad3 is another troll. I think he pretends to be another “independent” but is just another Democrat QRF member.
Of course! I mean he keeps reminding us how traumatized he is by the number of covid deaths, yet seems completely unfazed by 25% of the deaths coming in just the last 10 weeks.

I think we can guess why....

" Some of these bullets, as you saw, have an incendiary device on the tip of it, which is a heat seeking device. So, you don't shoot deer with a bullet that size. If you do you could cook it at the same time." - Patricia Eddington

This one is my favorite...followed closely by the ghost gun comment.

Where can I buy those heat seeking bullets?

Isn’t @G8trDad3 an actual, working, pulmonologist?

The Dunning–Kruger effect exhibited on this board is remarkable.
Who gives a shit what his profession is? He’s another “independent” pushing DNC talking points at every turn. Same dude that went on a Trump is a racist rant followed by “why is there so much division” comment. He’s not fooling anyone but you apparently.

Reactions: BillCutting4585
Not my definition. The term doesn't bother me or excite me.

My point was that "assault rifles" are VERY RARELY fully automatic.

It requires a special license, $200 and about 9 to 12 months to apply for a license to own a fully automatic weapon...and that's IF you have a clean background that the ATF will run.
The point I was trying to get at was the media/left calls the AR-15 and assualt rifle (I beleive because it looks like one???) but I have heard that it's not an assualt rifle. Trying to get an actual definition of what is an assualt rifle?

A doctor that has no idea that the CDC reported months ago that only 6% of the covid deaths died FROM covid?

You're doing him no favors here. Just FYI.
I am a Family Physician and a Hospice Medical director.
Why should I worry about that “6%” stat you keep quoting. It’s fake news as I have demonstrated.
Thank you all for these enlightening discussions. it amazes me how narrow minded some people are. I cannot tell sometimes if some of you are seriously believing the conspiracy theories you spout or are just having fun.
In joining this group I expected that as fellow Gator fans we would have good discussions, back and forth, maybe learn something. Instead I find childish behavior. I’ve been called autistic, Retarded, a dim, a dem, a snowflake among other things. I can take it when it’s lighthearted but you really believe you are holier than thou and look down on the world.
I’d like to say thank you, it’s been fun. But I can’t. I grew up in a republican family. Me dad was as Archie Bunker as they come. But he was compassionate to others. Never put people down for their beliefs. He would try to have a frank discussion about his politics with others. It is because of your type of behavior here that keeps me an independent and not a republican.

Have you ever filled out a death certificate? Comorbid conditions MIGHT contribute to the death by are not THE cause of death.
No need to fill out a death certificate, just look at a toxicology report. Like George Floyds.
200.gif

I am a Family Physician and a Hospice Medical director.
Why should I worry about that “6%” stat you keep quoting. It’s fake news as I have demonstrated.
Thank you all for these enlightening discussions. it amazes me how narrow minded some people are. I cannot tell sometimes if some of you are seriously believing the conspiracy theories you spout or are just having fun.
In joining this group I expected that as fellow Gator fans we would have good discussions, back and forth, maybe learn something. Instead I find childish behavior. I’ve been called autistic, Retarded, a dim, a dem, a snowflake among other things. I can take it when it’s lighthearted but you really believe you are holier than thou and look down on the world.
I’d like to say thank you, it’s been fun. But I can’t. I grew up in a republican family. Me dad was as Archie Bunker as they come. But he was compassionate to others. Never put people down for their beliefs. He would try to have a frank discussion about his politics with others. It is because of your type of behavior here that keeps me an independent and not a republican.
Tell us again how Trump is racist and provide no evidence of such racism, mr. Independent.

Actually he's right. Do you know what comorbidity is?
He doesn't. I literally explained to him what it was and quoted the CDC research on covid from its website to him, and he had no clue what I was saying.

I might as well been speaking Latin to a Georgia pig farmer.

Have you ever filled out a death certificate? Comorbid conditions MIGHT contribute to the death by are not THE cause of death.
The CDC says otherwise. You've admitted you've read the link where they clearly explain that in 6% of covid deaths, an average of 2.6 comorbidities were present.

This is actually quite sad.

The point I was trying to get at was the media/left calls the AR-15 and assualt rifle (I beleive because it looks like one???) but I have heard that it's not an assualt rifle. Trying to get an actual definition of what is an assualt rifle?

AR, as in AR-15, means ArmaLite Rifle.

Assault Rifle is nothing more than a catch-all term but it's actually unrelated to the AR in AR-15's or any of the others.

As always, Snopes 'fact checks' a claim that no one made.
Of course. If it doesn’t fit the narrative it’s fake news. I know I’m not changing your rants but I want others to see you are just narrow minded people repeating trumped up conspiracy theories and misinterpreted science.

Of course. If it doesn’t fit the narrative it’s fake news.
No, when they lie, it's fake news.

Here's what your Snopes article says:

Did the CDC 'Quietly Update' Covid 19 Deaths to Say Only 6% Were Legitimate?

The answer, of course, is no.

Because no one made that claim.

This is what Snopes always does, they take a claim they don't like, and misrepresent it as being a different claim, then 'debunk' that claim.

No one claimed the 6% of people that died FROM Covid weren't legitimate, and Snopes knows it. Since you've read the CDC site, you know it as well.

So here you are being just as dishonest as they are.

No, when they lie, it's fake news.

Here's what your Snopes article says:

Did the CDC 'Quietly Update' Covid 19 Deaths to Say Only 6% Were Legitimate?

The answer, of course, is no.

Because no one made that claim.

This is what Snopes always does, they take a claim they don't like, and misrepresent it as being a different claim, then 'debunk' that claim.

No one claimed the 6% of people that died FROM Covid weren't legitimate, and Snopes knows it. Since you've read the CDC site, you know it as well.

So here you are being just as dishonest as they are.
Lol. You are misinterpreting the 94%. CDC never said they are not Covid deaths. Period.

Lol. You are misinterpreting the 94%. CDC never said they are not Covid deaths. Period.
And neither did I. The 94% died WITH covid.

Straight off the CDC website. As you know.

YOU are the one misrepresenting the deaths, trying to spin that covid was what caused the death.

The CDC's own site says plainly that for the 94% of covid deaths that died WITH covid, that covid was one of an average of 2.6 factors that led to the death.

Again, all on the CDC website. You know this.

You are being just as dishonest as Snopes.

Last edited:
And neither did I. The 94% died WITH covid.

Straight off the CDC website. As you know.
Keep saying it enough it might be true. It is still a death from Covid even if they had an underlying illness. They would not be dead if they did not get Covid. They may have had other illness but the Covid killed them. Why list would CDC state there are 550,000 deaths? If you read the articles I posted you might understand how a death certificate works.
Good night.

Keep saying it enough it might be true. It is still a death from Covid even if they had an underlying illness.
Not according to the CDC.

FROM = person with no underlying illness died from covid. Only 6% of covid deaths are FROM covid, according to the CDC
WITH = multiple factors that contributed to the death, one of them was covid

Per the CDC website. Which you have read, so you know what you are claiming here is a lie.

Dems like you and sites like Snopes don't want these facts to get out, because it destroys your narrative that covid is a deadly virus preying on perfectly healthy people.

The media has always misrepresented the covid deaths as being perfectly healthy people with no underlying illness, who caught covid and immediately died.

The CDC's own website proved that was a complete lie. Only 6% of the covid deaths were healthy people.

94% were already sick with something else.

As you know.

Not according to the CDC.

FROM = person with no underlying illness died from covid. Only 6% of covid deaths are FROM covid, according to the CDC
WITH = multiple factors that contributed to the death, one of them was covid

Per the CDC website. Which you have read, so you know what you are claiming here is a lie.

Dems like you and sites like Snopes don't want these facts to get out, because it destroys your narrative that covid is a deadly virus preying on perfectly healthy people.

The media has always misrepresented the covid deaths as being perfectly healthy people with no underlying illness, who caught covid and immediately died.

The CDC's own website proved that was a complete lie. Only 6% of the covid deaths were healthy people.

94% were already sick with something else.

As you know.
I would really like to know what happened to the flu 🤷🏻‍♂️

They may have had other illness but the Covid killed them.
Nope. Again why lie?

The CDC website clearly states, as you know, that for the 94% of people that died WITH covid, there were 2.6 factors that led to their death, covid being one of them..

Let's say a woman dies WITH covid, and let's say she had 3 factors that contributed to her death:

covid
cancer
extreme asthma

Now you can say that take away the covid and she would still be alive, but you don't lnow that. She could have died anyway from the cancer. Or the asthma.

Or maybe take away the cancer and she lives.

See?

If covid was the death sentence that you dems need it to be, you wouldn't have to lie about how bad it is. We would all know.

When thousands of healthy preteens start getting covid and dying 2 days later, I'll agree it's time to panic.

You do remember that happened with Swine Flu, right? But there was a dem in the WH then, so no biggie...

Nope. Again why lie?

The CDC website clearly states, as you know, that for the 94% of people that died WITH covid, there were 2.6 factors that led to their death, covid being one of them..

Let's say a woman dies WITH covid, and let's say she had 3 factors that contributed to her death:

covid
cancer
extreme asthma

Now you can say that take away the covid and she would still be alive, but you don't lnow that. She could have died anyway from the cancer. Or the asthma.

Or maybe take away the cancer and she lives.

See?

If covid was the death sentence that you dems need it to be, you wouldn't have to lie about how bad it is. We would all know.

When thousands of healthy preteens start getting covid and dying 2 days later, I'll agree it's time to panic.

You do remember that happened with Swine Flu, right? But there was a dem in the WH then, so no biggie...
You are taking a fact and twisting the meaning. Of course if your mother with cancer gets Covid pneumonia and dies you can say she died with Covid. Covid is the cause of death. If not for Covid she would not be dead.
Again, where does CDC, whom you must trust as you persistently quote them, get the 550,000 dead. Are you saying that 550,000 deaths represent just 6% of the death certificates that include Covid? I don’t think so.

I guess the masks were good for something.
I’m legitimately asking, is there scientific data regarding the efficacy of wearing masks and the dropping influenza numbers?

I’m not talking about Covid, I’m distinctly referring to influenza.

"...it is easier for a 12- or 13-year-old to purchase a gun, and cheaper, than it is for them to get a book." - Barack Obama

Wise Grasshopper is probably correct. It probably is easier in the southside of Chicago and other sh--hole places like it. Which is exactly why I need my Assault Rifle 15 dispersing my .30-caliber heat seeking bullets from my 150 round clip at 30 bullets within half a second.

I’m legitimately asking, is there scientific data regarding the efficacy of wearing masks and the dropping influenza numbers?

I’m not talking about Covid, I’m distinctly referring to influenza.
I haven’t read up on the stats but I predicted there would be less flu this season. Combination of masks and social distancing. I think the flu virus is larger than the Covid virus so masks may be more effective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT