ADVERTISEMENT

VA Rant...

IAmBttrThanfsU

Gator Great
Dec 19, 2005
Since I know we’ve got plenty of other active duty folks and vets on this site, I wanted to vent about education benefits...

I’m on active duty and one semester away from finishing my MBA through UF’s first ever, fully-online, program and the VA has decided to screw me once more...

I’m using my tuition assistance top up with the Montgomery GI bill because the tuition is $52K and I’m not rich but the DoD will only pay TA for up to 42 semester hours and UF’s program is 48. No problem, MGI Bill will take care of me, right? Max benefit per month is $2050 which will still leave me lying a couple hundred out of pocket but I can handle that. Turns out, they prorate it and since UF built in a week break between courses (3x 5 week condensed courses each semester, 2x for summers) I’m only getting $6,900 instead of $10K.

Nowhere on their site or in their pamphlet does it say anything about prorating payments but when I call I’m told, “We can only issue payments based on how the school submits your courses.” When I call the school I’m told, “That’s the only way we can certify your courses.”

3 hours on the phone today to be told go **** myself and make your payment of you want to get registered for your last semester...

Good times, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News