ADVERTISEMENT

Untold: Swamp Kings

PacoGator19

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2006
Anybody watch it yet? I’ve watched the first 2 episodes of 4. So far it is really good IMO. Brandon Siler was a heck of a leader as well.

Say what you want about Meyer but he was a master motivator, recruiter and when he’s “all in” he’s one of the GOAT college football coaches.

Also that 2006 team was a good team but that was one of the best coaching jobs I have ever seen. That was a talented team but not the most talented team in the country that year and nowhere near as talented as UF teams like 2009, 2008, 2001, 1996, 1995, etc.

Watched 3.5 episodes last night- very well done. Brought back some great memories- won 2006 season tickets at a booster club meeting.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Anybody watch it yet? I’ve watched the first 2 episodes of 4. So far it is really good IMO. Brandon Siler was a heck of a leader as well.

Say what you want about Meyer but he was a master motivator, recruiter and when he’s “all in” he’s one of the GOAT college football coaches.
agree 100% we need Siler back in the program

agree 100% we need Siler back in the program
Something to be said for “leadership”. Siler was very key because Meyer was coming in and flipping things upside down. Having one of your best players be a leader and “buy in” was huge.

That seems to be another thing that the program has been missing the last few years is leadership and accountability. That usually starts from the top and then leaders emerge.

Although many people celebrate the championships Florida won, the job Urban did here is under-appreciated.

He has his faults and issues, we all know that, but as fans collectively, we should hold him in higher regard for the coaching job he did here.

I read this post and when I looked back at the tv, there's effing Steve Addazio.

So...Urban's attachment to that guy was...unfortunate.

If you missed our promotion earlier this month, you get a second shot at a deeply discounted annual subscription! Take advantage of KICKOFF2023 now before it disappears.

I encourage you to take advantage of this special offer! The live Game Chats are worth the price of admission. Chat with the top insiders anywhere on the internet in The Swamp! Any question regarding recruiting or the team just ask away.....

KICKOFF2023

Offer: 60% off the first year of an annual subscription
Promo Code: KICKOFF2023
Offer valid through 8.28.23

New subscribers use this link

https://Florida.rivals.com/sign_up?promo_code=KICKOFF2023

I watched all of it...it was pretty awesome and what a great era for us all. Everyone talks trash about Meyer but say what you want but that guy is a winner...won 1 Championships here...went on and did it again at OSU. In history that's what is going to be remembered. I've always been a big Meyer fan...I'd hire that guy back 100 times over. Go Gators

Siler was a monster

I watched all of it...it was pretty awesome and what a great era for us all. Everyone talks trash about Meyer but say what you want but that guy is a winner...won 1 Championships here...went on and did it again at OSU. In history that's what is going to be remembered. I've always been a big Meyer fan...I'd hire that guy back 100 times over. Go Gators
Meyer won 2 championships here.

Addazio ran the dive play like nobodies business...holy cow...I still have nightmares about that play being called.
I'd have been fine with that play if he far bigger backs other than Rainey and Demps. Those guys weren't built for the dive play.

Although many people celebrate the championships Florida won, the job Urban did here is under-appreciated.

He has his faults and issues, we all know that, but as fans collectively, we should hold him in higher regard for the coaching job he did here.
I think people are softening on him. Perhaps realizing how hard it is to get to that level of play.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Meyer won 2 championships here.
lol...yeah that was a typo...'06 and '08. Still people are always dogging Meyer out. Say what you want but Meyer is a winner, from '06-'09 we were legit...winning almost every game. I agree with most that '09 we weren't as dominate as '08 but we were undefeated on the season. Doesn't get much better than that. Gator fans are insane. If we aren't winning by 30 a game and scoring 50+ points people are ready to fire the whole coaching staff.

lol...yeah that was a typo...'06 and '08. Still people are always dogging Meyer out. Say what you want but Meyer is a winner, from '06-'09 we were legit...winning almost every game. I agree with most that '09 we weren't as dominate as '08 but we were undefeated on the season. Doesn't get much better than that. Gator fans are insane. If we aren't winning by 30 a game and scoring 50+ points people are ready to fire the whole coaching staff.

The players also weren't enjoying it.

I get it's been a while now, but that was a miserable season.

But I'm sure at the time you were enjoying it and that 14 years that have passed haven't been changed by the passing of time.

You should hold on to bitterness, it'll keep you grounded like me.

Too bad Meyer didn't find Tom Hermann to be the OC at Florida when Mullen left. Instead, we end up with The Daz.

The players also weren't enjoying it.

I get it's been a while now, but that was a miserable season.

But I'm sure at the time you were enjoying it and that 14 years that have passed haven't been changed by the passing of time.

You should hold on to bitterness, it'll keep you grounded like me.
I agree with that it felt like we under preformed that year. I remember feeling like we were skating by with the wins at times...like in the LSU game we barely beat those guys when Murphy got away with pulling that DB's jersey, when the ref couldn't see him, and he caught a TD that put us up. I think that was the season of the Adazzio 'dive play' or when it started. lol The wins weren't pretty but they weren't pretty in '06 either for most of the season.

It was interesting seeing the players talk about the '09 season. Either way the ride was pretty epic overall. I would take the up's and downs and do it again.

I agree with that it felt like we under preformed that year. I remember feeling like we were skating by with the wins at times...like in the LSU game we barely beat those guys when Murphy got away with pulling that DB's jersey, when the ref couldn't see him, and he caught a TD that put us up. I think that was the season of the Adazzio 'dive play' or when it started. lol The wins weren't pretty but they weren't pretty in '06 either for most of the season.

It was interesting seeing the players talk about the '09 season. Either way the ride was pretty epic overall. I would take the up's and downs and do it again.
Lot more ups than downs during that Meyer regime. I’d be more than fine doing it again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT